• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

3/20 across all my skillup attempts. Not too terrible. I came up one short on DJ though which is a bit of a shame. And my second vampire is becoming my worst enemy. I think I'm approaching 50 feeds and he's only at SL4.

Uthred

Feel like Ive been doing this dual resist Hera-Is run forever, wish Id known about that packet sniffing thing before hand because if she doesnt drop I shall have the rage

Ra gettin busty too. Planned for late December in JP
6pLP0AE.jpg

Anubis crying in a corner, Indian gods sitting in the middle of the hallway eating glue

Limit

Ra gettin busty too. Planned for late December in JP
6pLP0AE.jpg

Anubis crying in a corner, Indian gods sitting in the middle of the hallway eating glue

Eagerly awaiting to learn about Ultimate Ra's change in leader skill. And regarding Anubis, its obvious they are saving the best for last.

Noirulus

Indian gods desperately need bustys, as their leader skills are pretty much useless. Only Indian god I even use anymore is a Shiva helper for super metal/jewels.

edit: I guess the new Vritra is useful as he can do 225k (450k against light) damage when maxed. His CD is pretty low, too.

Noirulus

Yeah. Just finished my Super Gold hour. 47 runs with no invades

Final tally:

29 Super Kings
52 Kings
154 Highs

29 Super Kings = 60% drop rate on the boss round.

I still think it was worth running. I got over 3mil gold just for running the dungeon. I averaged around 75K gold per run.

47 runs, christ.. that's 2350 stamina spent. How many stones did you use? O_O

Jagernaut

I had 6 Pierdra left, fused 5 and got my last skillup on my Jester Dragon Drawn Joker. Skillups are the worse thing about this game, they should guarantee at least 1 skillup if you fuse 5 monsters.

BlueSteel

Did Hera-Is Mytical for the stone, ended up getting the mechdragon and the the chaos blizzard dragon in the same round, I didn't charge up my gravities in time, but I decided to just plunge and spend 4 stones because 1. I'd be getting a stone back for the clear and 2. I'd save myself from trying to get these dragons again.

Not bad.

47 runs, christ.. that's 2350 stamina spent. How many stones did you use? O_O
I currently have 211 stamina, so 4 runs per stamina bar, making it 11-12 stones. I also got a stone for clearing Super Golds for the first time, and 1 rank-up during my runs. So about 9-10 stones. That's not so bad when you consider that's only 2 pulls from the REM. I got over 11mil worth of Light exp plus over 3mil gold.

Jiraiza

I've been trying to theory craft a light Raphael team. What's the thought on something like this?

qN7ymGil.jpg

My goal would be to fully awaken Thor and Divinigon for the 40% damage boost per row. I'm trying to figure out how many rows of light I would need to match to meet the burst of a 16x team. Someone care to do the math?

You're better off having a gravity over Divinigon.

I'd do something like this.

suko_32

I am not having fun feeding exp to my evolved Athena.

I also fed my starter REM (Siren) to my Luci today for the +eggs today...I felt kind of bad.

My friends list in JP is full of trashy unevolved gods that they probably pulled from past Godfests, uheueheuh

Haven't gotten past wave 3 yet but they dump a truckload of mobs per wave at you.

Ducarmel

I also fed my starter REM (Siren) to my Luci today for the +eggs today...I felt kind of bad.

I'm sorta in the same boat but with my my starter dragon before I realized + eggs were a semi-rare thing I dumped 25 of them on my Tyrannos. Every time I am about to feed him to Uzume I change my mind. I just can't do it.

Althane

I'm sorta in the same boat but with my my starter dragon before I realized + eggs were a semi-rare thing I dumped 25 of them on my Tyrannos. Every time I am about to feed him to Uzume I change my mind. I just can't do it.

Keep him around, never know when you might have a need for your starters.

Kept my Ra starter pull and have been trying to learn 5 color combos and it's harrrddd. I can pull them off every now and then, but Bastet and Horus seem so much easier.

I guess I'll keep at it and hope for another good God later on that doesn't require 101% of my attention at all times.

Kept my Ra starter pull and have been trying to learn 5 color combos and it's harrrddd. I can pull them off every now and then, but Bastet and Horus seem so much easier.

I guess I'll keep at it and hope for another good God later on that doesn't require 101% of my attention at all times.

it's best to pair Ra with another lower tier combo god, Bastet, Horus, Kush, Isis, etc. That way, you can still activate a multiplier...but if you trigger Ra, most things will be dead. He's pretty killer in no-RCV dungeons as well.

xCobalt

I'm trying to find the point where the extra damage would outweigh the gravity. 40% damage boost every light line can add up quickly.

The thing about gravity is that it scales depending on how much hp the enemy has whereas the damage you deal tends to be constant across monsters (except for enemies with extremely high defense).

A better comparison is when a row of orbs will be better than 2 sets of 3. Someone did a really good breakdown on it. Essentially, with 4 awakenings, 1 row + 1 additional combo will deal more damage than sets of 3.

My Satan team is starting to shape up pretty well. I have 8 awakenings if paired with another fully awakened Satan and the effective multiplier is at about 38x.

Ugh. Torn between feeding these King Golds for light exp, or trying for some shynee skill-ups.

The likely candidates for light exp would be Valk (93), Baby Light Meta, and Verche (82). What to do?

Ugh. Torn between feeding these King Golds for light exp, or trying for some shynee skill-ups.

The likely candidates for light exp would be Valk (93), Baby Light Meta, and Verche (82). What to do?

light meta IMO. With her skill buff, she's pretty awesome run as a healer lead for super quick farming.

bodine1231

If the team I'm trying to level up is Dark,should I be using magic stones to renew my stamina for the 2x Metal Dragon dugeons? I have 42 stamina so I can run it 3 times before I'm dry (its 45 for 3 runs but by the time I finish the 2nd run the 3 stamina I need for the 3rd is almost there).

^ she helps convince me too. Glad to help

If the team I'm trying to level up is Dark,should I be using magic stones to renew my stamina for the 2x Metal Dragon dugeons? I have 42 stamina so I can run it 3 times before I'm dry (its 45 for 3 runs but by the time I finish the 2nd run the 3 stamina I need for the 3rd is almost there).

2x drops are the only times you should be spending stones on metal dragons. so i say yes

Tobe

i guess you dont have dark pengdras available then?

then no, just run it and try to get kings but dont go wasting stones.

Tobe

There are no dark pengdras to my knowledge.

are you close to a level up? if you are you are probably better of spending you stamina getting really cloase to that level up, wait for the next time slot of metal dragons and get 2-4 runs without wasting a stone.

Ducarmel

General opinion about stamina refresh is that its only worth if if your at 100 stamina or close to it.

Its your stones to spend, I personally have done it when I was low leveled a couple of times. Do it if your dark team is your main team and your desperate for the levels.

are you close to a level up? if you are you are probably better of spending you stamina getting really cloase to that level up, wait for the next time slot of metal dragons and get 2-4 runs without wasting a stone.

This is also a thing I did, I power game a lot with PAD

With how often we get various super kings these days, I feel like Pengdras and regular jewel dragons are obsolete.

Right now, I pretty much don't level much at all, and then I get a huge boost on a super king day. Everything else just wastes box space.

Ducarmel

On the News it says 2x King Appearance,is it supposed to show up in green under the dungeon? (its not)

That is to show drop rate not appearance rate. Since jewel dungeons are 100% drop rate it does not matter.

Don't worry if the news say x2 appearance then you can be assured its active.

coy

I could at the very least do two heroes... Right?! :( Meanwhile, I guess I'll keep on trudging and aim to level up.

Unsure if you have an Echidna or max skill Siren (you mentioned Pierdra is unskilled) as those would help immensely. The team razterik mentioned earlier - Lucifer/Pierdrawn/Hades/Dub-myth/Rainbow Keeper/Lucifer - can possibly do it. Floor 1 with the 5 devils will be the roughest part as you won't have any skills up. Plus, having 5 devils pound on you at once, as kinky as that sounds, can wipe you if you don't kill 2-3 rather quickly.

Ultimate healer girls upcoming, including light/blue Angel. That megane!

That megane indeed! And I just had my 1st Angel drop the other day.

My Kirin is evolved but isn't max leveled I missed my chance yesterday to rectify that, I was thinking about using her anyway but I noticed I have only 1 Kirin friend and his is only level 1.

We're friends on my main, but I have a max Kirin +157 alt that I almost always leave up during descends (if she is able to do it). Feel free to add if you'd like: 350.740.258

You've convinced me with your post. The JLaw avatar doesn't hurt, either.

I would've voted L.Meta as well. Also, damn I didn't notice it was Jennifer Lawrence.
Really thought Boss was on a Baywatch kick.

J0dy77

The thing about gravity is that it scales depending on how much hp the enemy has whereas the damage you deal tends to be constant across monsters (except for enemies with extremely high defense).

A better comparison is when a row of orbs will be better than 2 sets of 3. Someone did a really good breakdown on it. Essentially, with 4 awakenings, 1 row + 1 additional combo will deal more damage than sets of 3.

My Satan team is starting to shape up pretty well. I have 8 awakenings if paired with another fully awakened Satan and the effective multiplier is at about 38x.

I'm an idiot. For some reason I thought the effect stacked permanently. Not that you needed to do it every turn to get the bonus. They really need to clear up these tooltips they're ridiculously vague.

I've been pretty stupid about my +egg distribution till recently and want to know where each type would have a better fit.

I have a maxed SoD Lucifer
Working on A Byako Team
and I have a DD batman I use to power through easy dungeons quickly
Also an ADK that's only used for weekend dungeons.

So where should my +eggs be going?

I've read attack for Byako and people seem to be torn on SoD Lucifer some say give him HP because it can make a difference in some dungeons others say don't bother at all?

I also have two tamadra is it worth dropping them into Byako?

Colby

For me, I put pluses into my most-used monster, Echidna. It hugely benefits spike teams, like Horus, Kirin, Valkyrie and Apollo. Those pluses get more use when combined with multipliers. So don't put attack pluses into Lucifer, for example. That's my advice, anyway.

Top Bottom