• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Dunlop

This Godfest could not have come at a better time

I maxed Evo's my Isis,Siren,Chaos Dragon, Echidna and D'spinas last week so need to focus on leveling them.

Also spening money and pulling 4 mystic Light knights last time (before awakening was a feature) also soured me to the experience :p

$9 saved

(also that Marvel Puzzle Quest is proving to be surprisingly good)

(also that Marvel Puzzle Quest is proving to be surprisingly good)

I kind of like this but going back to Bejeweled from PAD matching mechanics is a huge downgrade in terms of skill testing.

I have max skilled 1 ADK and 1 MDK, and I have another 1 of each with no skillups (both around level 30). I doubt I will max skill the extra ones since the process is so tedious. I'm thinking about feeding the extras for awakenings before the ultimate evolutions arrive.

I can't remember the last time I needed to use 2 ADKs or 2 MDKs since I also have a max skilled Cu Chulainn and Duke Vampire Lord. I have so many team options now that I don't think I will miss them. Bad idea?

Eat them both. The number of subs for their teams thay are on is wide and diverse, and almost always better than 2x ADK/CDK.

Haven't played in a while, so after about 5 entry rerolls I got an AA Luci.

I'm wondering though if I should just go at it until I get a Kirin, which I kinda want as a starter.

Limit

I'm wondering though if I should just go at it until I get a Kirin, which I kinda want as a starter.

Make a backup of Lucifer and then reroll to your hearts' content. Lucifer is THE monster to start the game with. Maybe you will get lucky during next few hours and acquire Kirin.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
How do I reroll? Just delete the game? Can I sync my data between my iPad and iPhone?

There are a few ways to reroll.

Easiest
While this is indeed the easiest way, it's also the most time consuming. You basically delete and reinstall the app after the tutorial if you don't get the roll you want. It has to download all of the updates every time, but it does the job.

Harder
I have not tried this, but I imagine it works the way I'm thinking. After you get to the tutorial, you can backup the data files that pertain to the updates. So everything except the file the represents your main data. I don't know which file this is, so someone else would need to help you here.

But the basic idea is that you only have to go through the trouble of updating the files one time. I think there's a guide on the PAD group page, but I haven't really checked. It's worth hunting around to see if it's possible without updating, though.

With regards to playing on multiple devices, technically you could, yes. You need to make a copy of your data and transfer it to your other iDevice. But I would be wary of this - there COULD be some sync issues. I mean, I know it's all server based, but there's a chance. I don't know if it's against the TOS, either. My suggestion would be to play on one device as exclusively as you can and only transfer data when you need to.

Again, I've never dealt with this (I have my iPad account somewhere, but I don't play it anymore). I couldn't give you ALL of the tips and tricks, but I can say that when I was rerolling my account "back in the day" for an Amaterasu (since she was the one to get when the game first came out, ha), I just deleted and reinstalled.

Good luck!

Luci and Kirin are both exceptional monsters. The benefit of each is that neither require any IAP to be successful. You can't go wrong with either. If you're just starting back, definitely backup Luci (or donate the backup to someone who wants him instead of Kirin) and start rerolling.

Giard

Managed to get more stones because I logged in 10 days in a row... got a Naga from the Godfest. It seems pretty weak at a first glance. :(

edit: nvm for the present thingy

Managed to get more stones because I logged in 10 days in a row... got a Naga from the Godfest. It seems pretty weak at a first glance. :(

edit: nvm for the present thingy
As an REM pull, Naga is not ideal since she is pretty easily farmable. But she is probably the best sub in the gam due to her active skill, so it's not a total loss.

Flambe

Well I have like 3 extra liliths, MLKs for Verche, etc.. I want to just skillup but maybe I should evo them for Awakenings? arr too many monsters lol

Mother of God ...

I thought I was getting up there at Rank 71!

May take a few weeks to hit 350 ... oh sorry 374

This gold dragons dungeon is freakin ... GOLD. Wow. 7 battles each? Only 20 stamina. I am now at King # 3 of this current dungeon run. 3 kings in a row. Got 1 the last run. And you get a ton of coins too! Wow ... I like these gold dungeons. 61K gold, 3x Kings.

I am all out of seeds with two more cacti to evolve and Partavi is one skill up short of max. I guess I'll run Dungeon of fire tomorrow on 1/2 stamina to pick up some rubylits on the way. I hope I can finish her or else I'm gonna have to farm more and clog up my box for another week. I've already got 35 salamanders waiting to be evolved that I don't know if I'll ever get around to.

Ducarmel

3 pulls

Naga,I have a Echinda skill level one so another opportunity to see her not skill up feeding it

Toytops, I want all the toy dragons but not now.

Machine Golem, at least give me mkIII.

Might pull 3 more times if I get a gift card I am waiting for.

Not rolling this fest. Don't really need any more of the archangels and the Japanese gods are all extremely situational.

Saving stamina for gold dungeon today. cantwait.jpg

Zero_IYAD

God! Finally beat Lagavulin on Master with a mono-blue team ((Blue Noel x Hermes leads)).. but it took FOREVER!
Well, he dropped so am done with that :|
Got 9 stones to burn on Gold Metal Dragons starting in 5 minutes.. Time to evolve my Valkyrie <3

Limit

God! Finally beat Lagavulin on Master with a mono-blue team ((Blue Noel x Hermes leads)).. but it took FOREVER!
Well, he dropped so am done with that :|
Got 9 stones to burn on Gold Metal Dragons starting in 5 minutes.. Time to evolve my Valkyrie <3

You are better off selling those Gold Dragons for a ton of cash and using other colored dragons for leveling up your light monsters.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I kinda wanna reroll for a lucifer but I'd miss my cool android guy. Do things like that ever come back? Is it worth rerolling? I only have two Neptunes for God's and am at the castle of Satan.

I kinda wanna reroll for a lucifer but I'd miss my cool android guy. Do things like that ever come back? Is it worth rerolling? I only have two Neptunes for God's and am at the castle of Satan.

They sometimes come back, but Puzzdroid is hardly a make or break thing. Neptunes are good subs but you do lack a leader and Lucifer would do it if your starter dragon isn't cutting it. I would just try to bank some stones from dungeon clears if you can and roll at the next godfest which can't be worse than this one is.

Zero_IYAD

You are better off selling those Gold Dragons for a ton of cash and using other colored dragons for leveling up your light monsters.
Hmmm, am always sitting on +2 million coins & rarely need to run the weekend dungeon for cash.
Selling a Gold King for 300 K is waste since he can be fed & give 75000 XP
I ran the weekend dungeon today & I got around 200-250 K per run.
25 stamina is affordable, but light element food is rare imo :(

xCobalt

Gold dragons are way more valuable as experience than money, imo. Even more so now that we have light pengdras.

Hmmm, am always sitting on +2 million coins & rarely need to run the weekend dungeon for cash.
Selling a Gold King for 300 K is waste since he can be fed & give 75000 XP
I ran the weekend dungeon today & I got around 200-250 K per run.
25 stamina is affordable, but light element food is rare imo :(

Light EXP is rare, but you can just as easily feed your light monsters Dark EXP.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Feeding a Dark King for 50000 when you KNOW it'll give 75000 to dark monsters burns the heart :(

Light monsters are known to eat XP and money. It's rough maxing light monsters. I just pushed forward when maxing Kirin. It was hard, but ultimately worth it.

Feeding a Dark King for 50000 when you KNOW it'll give 75000 to dark monsters burns the heart :(
Yeah it feels wrong, but it's better than having to wait two weeks to level light monsters
What are people planning to use against Athena? I saw a mono fire team and it looks like a rather basic strategy.
The mono fire team on the Chinese wiki is my current plan. My ATK and RCV are slightly lower than the video but I have a few thousand more HP. If that fails I'll probably check out a Horus or Ra strategy.

Limit

I'm still sticking to my dual Anubis plan. Took Anubis for a spin in weekend dungeon earlier today and yep, he continues to be a luck reliant monster. At best I can get 6 combos from the screen and hope that I will get 4 more via off screen orb drops. And that's the case with a Tricolor dungeon! Can't shake off the feeling that my trip to Athena with my Anubis pals is going to be a horrid mess. But I will not be deterred.

All in.

Jagernaut

What are people planning to use against Athena? I saw a mono fire team and it looks like a rather basic strategy.

I'm going with a mono fire team:

Ares - max lvl
Horus - max lvl
Goemon - lvl 80
Phoenix Knight Homura - lvl 80, max skilled
Echidna - lvl 66, max skilled

With a max Freyr friend I'll have almost 30k hp and 4500 rcv. Once I get Athena down to 48% (green half) I should be able to kill her with Goemon + Horus + Freyr.

Jagernaut

So I did as suggested and re rolled until I got lucifer. And now I can't use him. What am I missing?

Team cost. Lucifer has a cost of 25 and early in the game you don't have enough team cost to use him. Rank up (run Tower of Giants on weekends) and you will be able to use him.

Jagernaut

Yes! I just max skilled my Parvati after evolving 20 ECO Shabo cactuses and feeding them to her. Now I just need to raise her from lvl 75 to max.

I'm still sticking to my dual Anubis plan. Took Anubis for a spin in weekend dungeon earlier today and yep, he continues to be a luck reliant monster. At best I can get 6 combos from the screen and hope that I will get 4 more via off screen orb drops. And that's the case with a Tricolor dungeon! Can't shake off the feeling that my trip to Athena with my Anubis pals is going to be a horrid mess. But I will not be deterred.

All in.

I've been using anbuis regularly for tri-color dungeons (definitely need more anubis friends.) Pairing him up with Isis for backup make all of the ancient dragons runs dirt easy...

I might contemplate using him for the Athena, but I wonder if I should bother level him up before hand. He's been at level 6 since like forever.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
You and me both on spike satan team for Athena. I'm really hoping less than five stones.

My team is probably underleveled though, so that might create problems

I don't know what the suggested levels or anything are, but my Satan is awaken 2, so I know that is supposed to help a lot.

I'm going with a mono fire team:

Ares - max lvl
Horus - max lvl
Goemon - lvl 80
Phoenix Knight Homura - lvl 80, max skilled
Echidna - lvl 66, max skilled

With a max Freyr friend I'll have almost 30k hp and 4500 rcv. Once I get Athena down to 48% (green half) I should be able to kill her with Goemon + Horus + Freyr.

Same exact plan for me. What's your id? I could use more ares friends.

Well, my lucky streak with REM rolls continues on the JP side:

UkP0Gi6l.jpg

Was hoping I would roll her.

Is she any good? I got her too.

I see her as a more forgiving version of Anubis. Leader skill can save your ass if you're in a bind, too. What's your friend id? Have you exchanged your lv 20 present yet?

Edit: I think I misunderstood her leader skill. Her multiplier caps at 10x, but it increases in increments of .5 starting at x1.5 at combo of 3. I thought I would be hitting 10x at a combo of 10, but was only hitting a 5x multiplier.

Top Bottom