• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Anyone know what the 22 mobs that were updated this morning? It's not the busty Viper/Susano/Vamp/Gigas I've been itching for.

I read they added art for the busty mobs.

Anyone farming Goemon Mythical? I can't seem to get in the grove. My mono-water was fine UNTIL Goemon. I ran a Horus team and couldn't burst fox chick fast enough. I don't have enough +eggs (or a skilled gravity) to run the classic Horus/Horus + Orochi/Echidna/Susano/Hades build.

Not sure but it was in the list of changes, so there must have been a way for it to run on root before that Gungho was worried about.
Just read a bit about it on PG. Before you could get around root by temporarily disabling it before launching PAD; apparently that will no longer be the case after 6.3.

linsivvi

Just read a bit about it on PG. Before you could get around root by temporarily disabling it before launching PAD; apparently that will no longer be the case after 6.3.

That just means people need to find out what Gungho is exactly detecting and disable it before running the game. And if people can't figure it out and they implement it in the US version, I'll just stop playing. Not allowing root is bullshit especially since that's the only way to reliably backup apps data on Android.

Kreed

wait do you mean there are good dragons? :p

At this point I think most of us just want the 5 free stones. But they do have great stats and are useful for cutting damage if you don't have any monsters that do that or are still early along in the game.

I would keep a look out for Nebradisk when he comes around, for those of you who don't have Odin.

linsivvi

At this point I think most of us just want the 5 free stones. But they do have great stats and are useful for cutting damage if you don't have any monsters that do that or are still early along in the game.

I would keep a look out for Nebradisk when he comes around, for those of you who don't have Odin.

Well the new Mech Dragon dungeons have skill up monsters for the Chinese Gods (except Kirin). I can't wait to skill up Haku....

Those subs can double up as good leaders for low cost dungeons too.

bodine1231

I played the green metal dungeon today to get the stone and got a King and some metal dragons. I do have a few green gods and creatures (2 parvatti,2 odin,ripper,golem) but no green team to speak of. Should I use the King and metal/evolved pengdras for my dark team or the Siren/Echnida I'm leveling or use them only on the greens?

Ducarmel

I played the green metal dungeon today to get the stone and got a King and some metal dragons. I do have a few green gods and creatures (2 parvatti,2 odin,ripper,golem) but no green team to speak of. Should I use the King and metal/evolved pengdras for my dark team or the Siren/Echnida I'm leveling or use them only on the greens?

You can always get emerald dragons it is not rare like gold dragon so it does not matter imo.

Being efficient with enhance material only works to a point, some times you just got to feed your most used leaders/subs off color materials.

bodine1231

You can always get emerald dragons it is not rare like gold dragon so it does not matter imo.

Being efficient with enhance material only works to a point, some times you just got to feed your most used leaders/subs off color materials.

That's what I was thinking as well,just wanted a second opinion. Thanks

Colby

I got my five stones for 350 days today, and I had no intentions of stopping, but I won't give up root. I hope there's a workaround, but if not, it's been fun.

I'm content with running Legend for Goemon. I don't have a consistent team for Mythical. For now, stoning and running Legend is more practical, than stoning once or twice just to clear mythical. My mono blue will eventually get there. Just need to invest more plus eggs and some awakening here and there.

Althane

Thinking of the following team for the Master version of Mechdragon:

Leader: Lightning Holy Dragon
1st: Leek (heals, mofo)
2nd: Chaos Devil Dragon
3rd: Hellray Harpie Demon (max skill)
4th: Succubus
Friend: Lucifer

I'm hoping to be able to stall out for Lucifer to be able to blow up the Mech dragon.

Does this sound likely, or am I about to get my ass handed to me?

razterik

Got the boss drop on JP Ragnarok collab with a crummy team of Batman, three leeks, a vampire, and a dark keeper. Hopped over to US to run emeralds and saw a Tamadra in the first round. The single dragon dropped instead. Must be one of those days.

Ducarmel

Thinking of the following team for the Master version of Mechdragon:

Leader: Lightning Holy Dragon
1st: Leek (heals, mofo)
2nd: Chaos Devil Dragon
3rd: Hellray Harpie Demon (max skill)
4th: Succubus
Friend: Lucifer

I'm hoping to be able to stall out for Lucifer to be able to blow up the Mech dragon.

Does this sound likely, or am I about to get my ass handed to me?

Why leek, harpie, succubus?
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=374

There are better farm-able subs, like vampire lord, rainbow keeper, and siren.

Althane

Why leek, harpie, succubus?
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=374

There are better farm-able subs, like vampire lord, rainbow keeper, and siren.

Leek for 800 RCV. Harpie for 10k bomb every 5 rounds. Lilith (not Succubus, my bad) for dark damage, some more RCV, and poison.

I don't have a Vampire Lord (have vampire, but haven't bothered leveling it), Rainbow Keeper (haven't taken the wednesday dungeon down yet), or Siren (pain in the ass to farm, haven't been lucky with PAL or REM).

I can post my box when I get off work, won't be doing it until a dropx2 day anyways.

Giard

Has this been posted yet? Hunter X Hunter monsters have been announced.

hh02-2.jpg

razterik

Well. It's possible, I guess, but we haven't seen any of the other anime/manga collaborations come over so far. And Hunter X Hunter isn't really popular here.

linsivvi

I got my five stones for 350 days today, and I had no intentions of stopping, but I won't give up root. I hope there's a workaround, but if not, it's been fun.

Pretty much how I feel too. Just got my stones for 200 days. I jumped through hoops just to get PAD to run on my old phone mostly due to the way they keep the whole thing in internal memory, something they don't do anymore with Divine Gate. Even if I wanted to give up root I still wouldn't be able to run the game without buying a new phone.

I am sure it would just take a few extra steps to bypass any root detection though. They can't even beat PuzzCombo even after trying so hard.

Kreed

Whys that?

It's not that it's "not coming" as in Gungho says it's not coming, it's that it doesn't have a good chance of coming to the US version for a couple of reasons:

A) This collab is based off of the new Hunter x Hunter movie in Japan, which isn't in the US. A collab on the manga/anime would have already had a bad chance of making it's way to the US considering Gungho would have to go through Viz/get Viz approval first, but a movie makes it more difficult since it would ideally need to be released in the US first.

B) There are a bunch of other Japanese anime/game property collabs that have to make their way over to the US first (including Evangelion) that Japan has had for months. If those haven't made their way over to the US version yet, Hunter x Hunter has even less of a chance.

None of these points are set in stone reasons why it won't come over here, and considering we've started getting some Japanese collabs there is a "chance", but thinking about how long it took for a lot of these collabs to make their way over here, I wouldn't expect the Hunter X Hunter collab any time soon.

I just ended my Super Emerald run with unusually lucky string of events. As I approached the last minutes of the hour, I started a run with a first turn invasion. I made a single 3 orb match and my finger slipped, but that single match cascaded into a 13 chain combo, with each single combo coming from a cascade. So basically I got 13 combos made of 13 cascades. I don't know the odds of that happening, but it was crazy. It allowed me to kill the Super Emerald King in 1 shot due to the random Ares helper I was using during that run. It probably saved me around 30 seconds or more of battling that Super King. I ended up finishing that run with 2 Supers and 1 King. To top that off, that was the last run I had enough stamina to do before a refresh, but it gained me enough exp to rank up and auto refresh, so it saved me time and a stone from having to refresh. I was able to get a couple more runs in, with the last run having me enter the dungeon just seconds before the hour was up. So, had I not gotten that lucky cascade combined with the rank up, I would not have gotten that last run in. Lastly, with that last run, I just went over my 1000 box limit. Had I run out of space just a single run sooner, I wouldn't have had time to clear out space and enter my final run in time. It was such a lucky series of perfect timing that I felt like sharing it.

Well. It's possible, I guess, but we haven't seen any of the other anime/manga collaborations come over so far. And Hunter X Hunter isn't really popular here.
I doubt lack of popularity makes any difference, if that were the case we would never have gotten the Gunma's Ambition collab, which is a game that's indie beyond indie.

Collabs in the US seem to happen via three methods:
1. If an explicit simul-multi-region contract gets signed (Batman, CoC, Groove Coaster)
2. Availability outside East Asia (Ragnarok Online)
3. If Korea gets the collab (ECO, which was never available in the US)

2 and 3 are kinda gray areas since the collabs that fall under that category are properties also owned by GungHo. The only collab Korea has gotten so far that we haven't (I think) is Evangelion, which clashes with directives 1 and 2.

bodine1231

Ok so I'm really dying to try the Rainbow Keeper tomorrow for the first time (need lots of mats) and I'm trying to build my team. From what I'm reading,best bet is to stick with your main team and run Odin as an auto healer isnt needed with a decent RCV (my Siren is only lvl 40,not fully evolved). I have 2 Odins in my box as well as a really high evolved Odin friend so I'm covered either way I want to go. I was going to run my main team plus the Odin friend but that maybe swapping Parvatti instead of Persephonie would give me another heart change incase of emergency. Would either of these be good enough with Odin friend for Rainbow?

I just ended my Super Emerald run with unusually lucky string of events. As I approached the last minutes of the hour, I started a run with a first turn invasion. I made a single 3 orb match and my finger slipped, but that single match cascaded into a 13 chain combo, with each single combo coming from a cascade. So basically I got 13 combos made of 13 cascades. I don't know the odds of that happening, but it was crazy. It allowed me to kill the Super Emerald King in 1 shot due to the random Ares helper I was using during that run. It probably saved me around 30 seconds or more of battling that Super King. I ended up finishing that run with 2 Supers and 1 King. To top that off, that was the last run I had enough stamina to do before a refresh, but it gained me enough exp to rank up and auto refresh, so it saved me time and a stone from having to refresh. I was able to get a couple more runs in, with the last run having me enter the dungeon just seconds before the hour was up. So, had I not gotten that lucky cascade combined with the rank up, I would not have gotten that last run in. Lastly, with that last run, I just went over my 1000 box limit. Had I run out of space just a single run sooner, I wouldn't have had time to clear out space and enter my final run in time. It was such a lucky series of perfect timing that I felt like sharing it.

#whenPADgoesright

bodine1231

Do you have an Amaterasu friend? Ama + Odin is the cheese mode.

I believe I do,yes. I can run my Odin (only lvl 6) plus Ama,I'm just worried that it will take forever. Maybe my 2 Odins plus whatever else I can fit with Ama friend and just stall for the Odin nukes,would that be better?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I believe I do,yes. I can run my Odin (only lvl 6) plus Ama,I'm just worried that it will take forever. Maybe my 2 Odins plus whatever else I can fit with Ama friend and just stall for the Odin nukes,would that be better?

It does take a while, but if your HP and your Ama friend are stat'd OK, it's SO mindless.

linsivvi

Just do quick 3 orbs match at the top of the board against Rainbow Keeper. Don't bother pulling combos and just kill the keeper with your Odin active. It shouldn't take too long.

J0dy77

Awesome. I had similar good luck on Super emeralds just now. First run I got two supers and 1 king and had that happen one other time. I dumped two stones into stamina refresh because screw the REM. Had enough for two super runs and two iris runs per bar. The last run of iris on my second refresh leveled me up and i got two more super runs with another 35 stamina for iris or a go at goemon in a bit. I'm stocked on pengdras and Robin went from 60 to max level with all the exp and because he's awesome. Even started working on Zeus dios for balance team.

So much better than wasting stones on another mystic knight rem pull.

Don't worry. Ama / Odin grind won't take as long as it used to.

My super emerald runs weren't as eventful as your guys' (screw 4 PM guerrilla dungeons), but I was at least able to get Parvati up to level 99, which gives me four max-level green monsters: Zeus-Dios, Cu Chulainn, Bastet, and now Parvati.

Next up for green is probably ADKZ or Artemis.

razterik

My luck from earlier flipped for super emeralds tonight. Missed the first half hour, but got 12 runs. First 3 runs were double super drops. Then continued with 7 straight boss super drops. The single non-super run dropped 3 kings. Total 14 supers. I got four pluses eggs clearing extra stamina between stones in Oceanus Falls. And I hit a jackpot while leveling up my unevolved Tengu with a super and some extras, taking him right to max level.

Brb, guys, going to buy some lotto tickets.

raven777

Names of the Hero Gods

ver6_3list_m3zs7y.jpg

From left: Yamato Takeru, Andromeda, Perseus, Sun Wukong(Son Goku), Pandora.

Might have misspelled some.

Top Bottom