• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Isis active has the bind recovery property now so it's not totally useless even with the RCV hit.

The Fruit Dragons have great awakenings, sporting elemental resist x2, +orb x3, skill boost x2, and attr boost x2. Time to eat some Noels~

Also the Bad Dragons continue to be bad (just slightly less so) with new L.Skills that give 3xATK for 6+ simultaneous orb match. Guess GungHo wanted to make monocolor spike teams viable, just didnt implement them in a manner that's easily attainable.

StMeph

These sound somewhat better than even the archangels then, minus lucifer because of his nuke.

What am I missing? Or did they really just outclass both noels and AA's with these fruits.

Edit: Stats, I guess?

I would bet that the stats are inferior to Archangels.

Kreed

These sound somewhat better than even the archangels then, minus lucifer because of his nuke.

What am I missing? Or did they really just outclass both noels and AA's with these fruits.

Edit: Stats, I guess?

I actually messed up the active. It's 3000HP and they change the element they are strong against to hearts (no additional orb change).

J0dy77

Can anyone tell me what's going on in the JP Rem right now? It looks like an event or Godfest but I can't tell. Have two rolls if like to waste.

quin

It looks like they've added pandora and the other new monsters plus the dragons to the machine.

I don't see anything else though

J0dy77

New Info on Egyptian Ulti Evos:

Fire/Light Horus get -200/+500/-570 and his last awaken skill change to +0.5s orbs movement

Water/Light Isis get +200/0/-200 and her last awaken skill change to bind resist

Also, batman REM mobs get awakenings as well. Cool ones are Robin gets increased orb movement, all batmen have 1 dark row enhance.

Just to make sure we're reading this right it's HP/ATK/RCV? That rcv hit to Horus hurts but should be made up with the burst damage.

Really looking forward to Batman awakenings.

quin

Just to make sure we're reading this right it's HP/ATK/RCV? That rcv hit to Horus hurts but should be made up with the burst damage.

Really looking forward to Batman awakenings.

Here is mine. He isn't max level yet though

13873227648040yxiti.jpg

Hmm Horus's new stats are interesting. If I hadn't already put +297 into I'm not sure how I'd feel. As is, his new stats are gonna be pretty great. Though it kind of ruins my Goemon team. 500 RCV is kind of a huge hit.

Hmm Horus's new stats are interesting. If I hadn't already put +297 into I'm not sure how I'd feel. As is, his new stats are gonna be pretty great. Though it kind of ruins my Goemon team. 500 RCV is kind of a huge hit.

this..
horus was a great sub, for his stats with a nice rcv which is rare for red, and for his active..
though if the rcv is gone, i think there are better alternatives :)

ares (lead)//freyr (friend) or viceversa
echidna emergency
busty homura
goemon
hera-ur
2 orb changer (1xsingle element, 1xdual element), 1 massive orb changer, 1 stall, 2 enhance

if you can get a decent+skill on goemon//hera-ur theyre definitely better :p
If you instead can spare the rcv from the 2x rcv freyr, you can go gung-ho with
ares/ares
echidna
freyr
goemon
hera-ur
2 orb changer (2xdual element), 1 massive orb changer, 1 stall, 2 enhance

quin

Remember there are two Horus variants. I'm sure the red/red Horus had an increase in all his stats.

If you want to use horus as a sub that is probably the better way to go

Kreed

Ok, that makes a bit more sense.

Are these things REM only ?

Yeah, I was assuming they were getting their own dungeon like the other dragons, but they look to be only available in the REM machine like the toy dragons (so basically 5 more troll rolls during God Fests). At least they have a lot of awakenings, so when you keep pulling them over and over, you can put the dupes to some use.

Remember there are two Horus variants. I'm sure the red/red Horus had an increase in all his stats.

If you want to use horus as a sub that is probably the better way to go

Red/Red Horus gets +100 HP and +50 attack. So not much of an upgrade in terms of stats, but no negative stats either like the Red/Light one.

Beta version

Beta version

Beta version

- F/L Horus getting "adjustments" due to "player feedback"

- New AOE visuals (they're uhhh... something special if you haven't seen them yet) tank Android devices, GungHo is adding a toggle for the special effects in the next version but until then Please Understand™

- Divine Heroes are actually worse than expected, all 8 orbs must be connected. The L.Skill description was ambiguous before so it's getting updated

suko_32

Beta version

- New AOE visuals (they're uhhh... something special if you haven't seen them yet) tank Android devices, GungHo is adding a toggle for the special effects in the next version but until then Please Understand™

As I saw the picture of the new special effects I immediately thought, "Yeah...my Nook HD+ will die trying to render that."

It'd be fun to see how my phone handles it though.

Colby

That Horus is super ballin. Just having that light sub element really opens up possible team subs. Also, while the RCV really hurts high RCV Goemon, it really helps low RCV Goemon.

Most importantly, 500 extra attack with a higher multiplier? So damn good.

Zero_IYAD

How does the Twinlits dungeon work?
Is it available daily or every Friday?

What team do you guys have in mind to beat it?
My only reliable spike-leader is Bastet.. Not sure how to tackle that dungeon :S

My only reliable spike-leader is Bastet.. Not sure how to tackle that dungeon :S

Thus far it's only appeared during events in Japan for a period of 2-3 days each. Still haven't been able to 0-stone it using an Izanagi team, and I'm not stoning for a 50% chance at getting the Angelit needed to evolve Yomi.

Jagernaut

Check out this thread on puzzleanddragonsforum for team suggestions:

http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=25635

A 9x attack or better team with delays is your best bet. I'm thinking about using a Haku or Zeus or Bastet (healer) team.

suko_32

I've just been leveling up all my spike leaders and Athena the past week or so. I don't have an actual strategy yet.

Zero_IYAD

Check out this thread on puzzleanddragonsforum for team suggestions:

http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=25635

A 9x attack or better team with delays is your best bet. I'm thinking about using a Haku or Zeus or Bastet (healer) team.
This is really useful!
Am going with this team, I got all of it's members Max levelled -except Echidna Lvl 70- & most of them fully awoken:
http://youtu.be/cCROqMgYTyY

I was actually planning to take my fully awoken Wood/Dark Ceres into that dungeon since I can benefit from her Bind Recovery, but looks like a Max Skilled DJ is a better choice.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone : )

linsivvi

Maybe it's just me, but the new ultimates that require twinlits seem hardly worth the effort. They are still not good enough to replace the spike leaders.

Amon37

This is really useful!
Am going with this team, I got all of it's members Max levelled -except Echidna Lvl 70- & most of them fully awoken:
http://youtu.be/cCROqMgYTyY

I was actually planning to take my fully awoken Wood/Dark Ceres into that dungeon since I can benefit from her Bind Recovery, but looks like a Max Skilled DJ is a better choice.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone : )

I don't understand in that video why he was concentrating on The dark one and not blasting the light one out or why he not popping echinda.

J0dy77

Beta version

Beta version

Beta version

- F/L Horus getting "adjustments" due to "player feedback"

- Divine Heroes are actually worse than expected, all 8 orbs must be connected. The L.Skill description was ambiguous before so it's getting updated

Player Feedback? I'm sure people are complaining about the loss of RCV, wonder how they'll change it.

Japan Series 1 / Heartbreaker / Angelit busties live! (soon?) But no Twinlits Descended announcement!!
https://www.facebook.com/notes/puzz...ca-gungho/yuletide-fusion-fun/748184851876776

edit: GIGAS THE GREAT

When is this going live? So annoying that they've taken so long to give us these busties, it's been months. JP is already on 6.3 and we're still waiting on months old content.

I do like the new spell effects on the JP version.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Player Feedback? I'm sure people are complaining about the loss of RCV, wonder how they'll change it.

When is this going live? So annoying that they've taken so long to give us these busties, it's been months. JP is already on 6.3 and we're still waiting on months old content.

I do like the new spell effects on the JP version.

You know what's more annoying? The lack of fucking data migration.

E: Also, I will be getting my Susano busty as soon as it goes live. Max skill, max level Susano sounds like a pretty rad sub.

StMeph

With the HP and RCV hit and ATK buff for busty Horus, I don't see why they don't give him the Attacker dual-type. The stats seem to fit in line with other Attackers, even if there aren't really any Attacker teams, excepting maybe Dark Metatron.

J0dy77

You know what's more annoying? The lack of fucking data migration.

E: Also, I will be getting my Susano busty as soon as it goes live. Max skill, max level Susano sounds like a pretty rad sub.

I've been itching for the Susano, Viper, Vamp and Gigas Busties since they were announced. Just need them to flip the switch. All will be max level and you just reminded me to keep working on the Susano skill ups.

Totakeke

Soo, I'm stuck at the stage where I need my Artemis evolved to get the extra hp to do dungeons without possibility of dying every round yet I can't do the dungeons to get the Mystic Masks to evolve Artemis.

Today is the Wednesday dungeon of course but I can only do it using other people's maxed out green leaders and not without spending a stone (either my luck not getting enough green orbs or I suck doing >4 combos every turn). I've done the expert twice but no Mystic Masks so far. I tried the resolve team too but it's basically the same problem but worse since you also die to the weaker masks.

Anyone have better ideas what I can build to tackle the Wednesday dungeon? I'm too far away from the technical and normal ones that drop Mystic Mask and my current team is basically roadblocked without further evos.

http://www.padherder.com/user/Totakeke/

Ducarmel

^What you spend stones when you die on daily dungeons?

I see you have machine golem a maybe stall enough to activate him on the second round and try to sweep the dungeon with as many combos and at least one mass attack a shiva friend can do the same thing. Make friends with an awoken odin with max awoken skill and heal every to max hp when you can.

Totakeke

^What you spend stones when you die on daily dungeons?

I see you have machine golem a maybe stall enough to activate him on the second round and try to sweep the dungeon with as many combos and at least one mass attack a shiva friend can do the same thing. Make friends with an awoken odin with max awoken skill and heal every to max hp when you can.

Well yeah, because without the mystic mask I'm basically doing nothing but farming the same dungeons every day. It's worth it if I get it because then I can do a lot more stuff. I'm also using stones because I don't have many max level friends with my little unevolved artemis :(.

Would machine golem actually make a dent in the defense? Actually I need to learn how damage is calculated, is there a good article on that?

Jagernaut

Got $60 in iTunes for $44 at Meijer. :notbad

E: What's the consensus on the Vamp busty? D/B or B/D?

I've been thinking about this since I only have 1 Duke Vampire Lord. B/D has a better leader skill but you lose dark attack since the main element changes to water. I'll probably go D/B first and maybe switch it later when I get an extra Devilit (I'm saving the first 2 I get for Hera).

Well yeah, because without the mystic mask I'm basically doing nothing but farming the same dungeons every day. It's worth it if I get it because then I can do a lot more stuff. I'm also using stones because I don't have many max level friends with my little unevolved artemis :(.

Would machine golem actually make a dent in the defense? Actually I need to learn how damage is calculated, is there a good article on that?
I think there's a damage formula thing in one of the main articles on PAD Wiki.

What teams are you using for Wednesday Dungeon? With a zombie team with a significant monocolor component you can stall on floors easily and use orb changers to give you multiple turns of 5-6 damage to take out synched mobs.

I stopped using zombie teams on Wed/Fri cause you die if you fuck up; instead I use a Noel or an Elemental in a 4/1/4 or 5/1/2 team to give me a large buffer of survivability.

I'm torn on Vamp as well.

I have 3 man teams.

Luci
D/D Batman
Byako

I'll probably keep him dark cause all my teams use him and need that dark damage. Till I get a Hera is he'll make a good blue sub on my Byako team.

Top Bottom