• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

razterik

This dude is living the fucking dream
zhtzhna.jpg

Saw this setup on the wikia, and I was like "the fu.." Crazy. Here is his blog post with comments. I like the "WHY?!"

raven777

Skills for Hero Gods are up

The leaderskill is basically you need to break 8 or more of the corresponding color to get 4x damage.

my first maxed mob!
and it's one i don't use! ahahaha
astaroth :p

On a side note I've got plenty of mobs in the 80+ range, like ares, hera, hera-is, etc :p

oh well now next I guess it's valk//cuchulain/sieg/horus/ra :p
If only I find a second delay (orochi, hopefully during player's choice godfest) so i can fix the ra team..

Kreed

Names of the Hero Gods

ver6_3list_m3zs7y.jpg

From left: Yamato Takeru, Andromeda, Perseus, Sun Wukong(Son Goku), Pandora.

Might have misspelled some.

Here's the break down of all the new gods. Their leader skill is x4 if you match 8 orbs of their color together (as in they all have to connect, so no 4+4 or 5+3 somewhere else on the board).

lTcz9SI.png

Red : Yamato Takeru
AS: Change Wood to Fire, Dark to Heal
LS: Match 8 or more Fire orb at the same time, Attack 4x

bTxxfPX.png

Blue : Andromeda
AS: Change Fire to Water, Light to Heal
LS: Match 8 or more Water orb at the same time, Attack 4x

i31N5KF.png

Green : Perseus
AS: Change Water to Wood, Fire to Heal
LS: Match 8 or more Wood orb at the same time, Attack 4x

4N3i01a.png

Light : Son Goku
AS: Change Water to Light, Dark to Heal
LS: Match 8 or more Light orb at the same time, Attack 4x

y4krnwc.png

Dark : Pandora
AS: Change Wood to Dark, Light to Heal
LS: Match 8 or more Dark orb at the same time, Attack 4x

Also the Light Noel Dragon:

TGWD7X8.jpg

bodine1231

Beat the Rainbow dungeon for the first time,twice. Was surprisingly very very easy,never came close to dying. I did it with my regular dark team with Odin,no autohealer. Second time I swapped out one of my dark characters with my Odin and used an Odin friend and just single matched orbs against the Keeper. Beat both in under 20 minutes. Just need to run it a few more times for the purple keeper (got 2 rainbow keeper drops in a row).

J0dy77

Here's the break down of all the new gods. Their leader skill is x4 if you match 8 orbs of their color together (as in they all have to connect, so no 4+4 or 5+3 somewhere else on the board).

Let me fix that for you Gungho:

Leader Skill: these gods are useless, do not roll when they come around. If you do happen to catch one, maybe use them for active skill/stat stick.

Radav

Leader Skill: these gods are useless, do not roll when they come around. If you do happen to catch one, maybe use them for active skill/stat stick.

I was going to say. I guess since they did something to the REM to make it drop less of the 3 star crap they had to add in shitty monsters that nobody wants to take their place? lol Who would want these?

not sure how much I like these new leads. They seem really unstable-you'd have to lopside your teams with orbchangers for reliable damage, gutting their utility. You wind up restricting a large part of your board as well.

Not a fan, but nice to have new heroes. Also think the Perseus art is bleh.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

They look like active whores. Their leader skills are absolutely worthless.

Jagernaut

Wow, a lot of hate for the new heroes. They make good subs for the 3 color Chinese gods. I would use Pandora + Duke Vampire Lord on my Haku team to get rid of wood and light orbs for a nice burst.

ccbfan

Wow those leader skills are completely useless.

How often do you see 8 orbs of the same color on the board? Now think about it can only be a specific color. This is a harder condition to activate than Ra.

You have to use orb changers actives to activate this.

So for a team like this you'd probably have to go something like

Goku, Max Awoken Skilled Valk, Max Awoken Skilled Valk, Max Awoken Skilled Verche, Max Awoken Skilled Verche, Goku.

J0dy77

Wow, a lot of hate for the new heroes. They make good subs for the 3 color Chinese gods. I would use Pandora + Duke Vampire Lord on my Haku team to get rid of wood and light orbs for a nice burst.

They look like active whores. Their leader skills are absolutely worthless.

These gods are just very disappointing in their current state. They can be used as orb changers subs but that burst really isn't an amazing skill and don't we have enough of those already? The only orb changers I use are the heart breakers that are on 5 turn CD. Having to wait 13 turns basically lets you use this slight burst one or two times a run which isn't all that helpful.

I'm sure once these guys get busty evolutions there might be some use for them but as they are now they seem completely useless.

Zero_IYAD

Art style-wise, love the girls, hate the guys :|

Edit: & it's weird that the new Noel Dragons have Toy Dragons in their spheres instead of the Light/Dark starters!

Art style-wise, love the girls, hate the guys :|

Edit: & it's weird that the new Noel Dragons have Toy Dragons in their spheres instead of the Light/Dark starters!
It makes me wonder if instead of a bad version of the starter dragon skills they'll have a bad version of the toy dragon skills.

Kreed

With the counter and ball skills getting orb changing added to it as a secondary effect, it is possible to make these guys work, but it's way too much effort for just a x4 multiplier (if it was 5 or 6 it would be more reasonable).

WHEN DOES THIS ARRIVE?

1.6 million light XP ain't no joke.

I'm always conflicted with these monsters. Do I give myself a new 4x HP 4x Rcv mono colored team option for that rare occasion a dungeon comes around where it's easy to 0 stone with one of a certain color, or do I take the XP and save myself grinding time?

StMeph

I'm always conflicted with these monsters. Do I give myself a new 4x HP 4x Rcv mono colored team option for that rare occasion a dungeon comes around where it's easy to 0 stone with one of a certain color, or do I take the XP and save myself grinding time?

With the scarcity of Light XP, I'm probably going to take the very nearsighted decision of saving myself some grief and just burning the Noel for XP. But I do think that keeping it for a 4/1/4 light team is probably the correct decision in the long run, if just because 4/1/4 grind teams tend to be able to attempt the newest and hardest Descended because they can survive just about anything.

J0dy77

With the counter and ball skills getting orb changing added to it as a secondary effect, it is possible to make these guys work, but it's way too much effort for just a x4 multiplier (if it was 5 or 6 it would be more reasonable).

The real problem with these new mobs is that they won't have the same burst damage as a normal 4x mob. Having to match 8 of the same color all together is going to severely limit your total combo # per match and the total damage overall. Plus it's going to be extremely hard to do this every turn. Really awful awful leader skills.

Kreed said:

I'm lucky enough to have pulled a Raphael (still never used him) so my decision is pretty easy. But I'm hoping this opens up my friend list with partners for that team.

Frankly if you have other 2/2 leads you can just feed them for exp..

J0dy77

Sooo I was about to cap my PAL rolls and decided to burn a few before this event ends...

TAMDRA?

WTF.. should I play the lottery?

Jagernaut

Sooo I was about to cap my PAL rolls and decided to burn a few before this event ends...

TAMDRA?

WTF.. should I play the lottery?

I got 2 Tamadras in the last 2 days from pal pulls making a total of 22 so far.

1 free from Tamadra dungeon
2 from pal pulls
19 from metal/jewel/gold dragons

I have max awakened GOdin, Rose Valkyrie, Satan, Haku, and Loki so far and I'm working on Dark Metatron and my new Cosmos Venus.

razterik

I would think the Android version shouldn't be too long in coming to Europe as well, but you can also play any other region's version by downloading the appropriate apk file. You will have issues if you want to buy stones, though.

chrono01

This game really does have a tendency to know what you're after at any given time.

I've needed a Keeper of the Dark to evolve my Hades for the past week. I used up all of my stamina last Tuesday and got nothing but Keeper of the Light, and so far today the same is happening. It really is frustrating, especially since I need Hades evolved for Heroes Descended tomorrow. ~_~

I don't want to use any Magic Stones, but if this keeps up I'll have little choice. It doesn't help that the Tuesday dungeon is extremely tedious, considering I don't have a FA Lucifer for myself.

Ugh.

Been going donuts on DKS too. First four MDKs gave no skillups, then zero drops after burning an entire bar of stamina after a levelup.

I think I've gained one skillup total across both accounts this entire event, actually...

Been going donuts on DKS too. First four MDKs gave no skillups, then zero drops after burning an entire bar of stamina after a levelup.

I think I've gained one skillup total across both accounts this entire event, actually...

i think i have gained 2. ...and one of them just happened on Gabe.

probably something like this :

1 for 4 on gabe
1 for 2 on gigas (maxed)
0 for 2 on DDK
0 for 4 on Mystic Ice
0 for 4 on drawn jokers
0 for * on chimeras

not even a damn chimera skillup? oi

Musan

New Info on Egyptian Ulti Evos:

Fire/Light Horus get -200/+500/-570 and his last awaken skill change to +0.5s orbs movement

Water/Light Isis get +200/0/-200 and her last awaken skill change to bind resist

Also, batman REM mobs get awakenings as well. Cool ones are Robin gets increased orb movement, all batmen have 1 dark row enhance.

New Info on Egyptian Ulti Evos:

Fire/Light Horus get -200/+500/-570 and his last awaken skill change to +0.5s orbs movement

Water/Light Isis get +200/0/-200 and her last awaken skill change to bind resist

...so Horus get all his RCV taken away? ouch That's a pretty big hit. Fire is pretty scarce on RCV as it is

Why on earth would you gut Isis' RCV? Her active in that form is even worse than it is now, which is something I couldn't believe possible.

Those Horus changes are equally rough but at least it you aren't spending twinlits to nerf your god.

Kreed

And it looks like the "conflict" with the Noel Dragons has been solved thanks to the upcoming Fruit Dragons. In addition to 9 Awoken skills, all five have x2 HP and x2 RCV as their leader skill for their respective element (their active skill is 3000 HP recovery and changing the element they are strong against to hearts). Goodbye Noels.

Ashodin

And it looks like the "conflict" with the Noel Dragons has been solved thanks to the upcoming Fruit Dragons. In addition to 9 Awoken skills, all five have x2 HP and x2 RCV as their leader skill for their respective element (their active skill is 3000 HP recovery and changing orbs (one to their color, another to hearts)). Goodbye Noels.

Noels specifically for EXP then. Awesome GungHo!

Pacman2k

These sound somewhat better than even the archangels then, minus lucifer because of his nuke.

What am I missing? Or did they really just outclass both noels and AA's with these fruits.

Edit: Stats, I guess?

Top Bottom