• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Well yeah, because without the mystic mask I'm basically doing nothing but farming the same dungeons every day. It's worth it if I get it because then I can do a lot more stuff. I'm also using stones because I don't have many max level friends with my little unevolved artemis :(.

Would machine golem actually make a dent in the defense? Actually I need to learn how damage is calculated, is there a good article on that?

Damage formula!

For single color
100% + (n-3) * 25% = damage multiplier

3 orb match = 100 + (3-3)*25 = 100 + 0 = 100% damage (1x)
5 orb match = 100 + (5-3)*25 = 100 + 50 = 150% damage (1.5x)
11 orb match = 100 + (11-3)*25 = 100 + 200 = 300% damage (3x)

Combo multiplier
100% + (n-1) * 25% = damage multiplier

1 combo = 100% + (1-1)*25 = 100 + 0 = 100% damage (1x)
5 combo = 100% + (5-1)*25 = 100 + 100 = 200% damage (2x)

The only thing I'm not sure of is how +orbs are done. I also really don't remember if damage multipliers are additive or multiplicative. I THINK it's multiplicative.

In that case, a 5 orb match in a 5 combo = base * 1.5 * 2 = base * 3

I think +orbs work in that each orb gives a 1.06x (additive in combo?), so if you were to match 3 +orbs, you would get 1.06x * 3 = 1.18x

For the 5 orb match in a 5 combo with 5 +orbs:
base damage * 1.5 (5 orbs) * 2 (5 combo) * 1.18 = base * 3.54

I think...Obviously there's the fact that you could match additional +orbs, but I'm not sure how that works. There's probably someone here who understands the way +orbs work better than I do.

I think there's a damage formula thing in one of the main articles on PAD Wiki.

What teams are you using for Wednesday Dungeon? With a zombie team with a significant monocolor component you can stall on floors easily and use orb changers to give you multiple turns of 5-6 damage to take out synched mobs.

I stopped using zombie teams on Wed/Fri cause you die if you fuck up; instead I use a Noel or an Elemental in a 4/1/4 or 5/1/2 team to give me a large buffer of survivability.

Wed/Fri = Luci/Luci + 4x Lilith

Ducarmel

Well yeah, because without the mystic mask I'm basically doing nothing but farming the same dungeons every day. It's worth it if I get it because then I can do a lot more stuff. I'm also using stones because I don't have many max level friends with my little unevolved artemis :(.

Would machine golem actually make a dent in the defense? Actually I need to learn how damage is calculated, is there a good article on that?

Well the thing is if its not x2 then there is a high chance you wont get the mask and on top of that even on x2 its not a guarantee

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=62

75% reduction might be enough maybe!

If not try going with a shiva friend maybe bring those 2 rippers and Plessie those aoe attacks will surly kill everybody. You just have to somehow survive the first 2 rounds stalling enough to activate shiva and then use the aoe attacks for the last 3 rounds

Totakeke

I think there's a damage formula thing in one of the main articles on PAD Wiki.

What teams are you using for Wednesday Dungeon? With a zombie team with a significant monocolor component you can stall on floors easily and use orb changers to give you multiple turns of 5-6 damage to take out synched mobs.

I stopped using zombie teams on Wed/Fri cause you die if you fuck up; instead I use a Noel or an Elemental in a 4/1/4 or 5/1/2 team to give me a large buffer of survivability.

I tried a Zombie team with the only friend healer leader I had which was amaterasu... it worked to an extent until I ran out of orbs and died. It was tough to keep up due to no orb changers or maybe I'm missing something.

The one I did it twice with one stone used is basically using my Parvati as lead, stocked up on hp and rcv green subs until I had more than 10k with with maxed out green leads with at least 2x hp (evolved artemis or snow globe dragon vert), and just grind it out the normal way.

Damage formula!

For single color
100% + (n-3) * 25% = damage multiplier

3 orb match = 100 + (3-3)*25 = 100 + 0 = 100% damage (1x)
5 orb match = 100 + (5-3)*25 = 100 + 50 = 150% damage (1.5x)
11 orb match = 100 + (11-3)*25 = 100 + 200 = 300% damage (3x)

Combo multiplier
100% + (n-1) * 25% = damage multiplier

1 combo = 100% + (1-1)*25 = 100 + 0 = 100% damage (1x)
5 combo = 100% + (5-1)*25 = 100 + 100 = 200% damage (2x)

The only thing I'm not sure of is how +orbs are done. I also really don't remember if damage multipliers are additive or multiplicative. I THINK it's multiplicative.

In that case, a 5 orb match in a 5 combo = base * 1.5 * 2 = base * 3

I think +orbs work in that each orb gives a 1.06x (additive in combo?), so if you were to match 3 +orbs, you would get 1.06x * 3 = 1.18x

For the 5 orb match in a 5 combo with 5 +orbs:
base damage * 1.5 (5 orbs) * 2 (5 combo) * 1.18 = base * 3.54

I think...Obviously there's the fact that you could match additional +orbs, but I'm not sure how that works. There's probably someone here who understands the way +orbs work better than I do.

Wed/Fri = Luci/Luci + 4x Lilith

I googled around just now, it seems like the defense stat of an enemy is calculated against an individual monster atk. So using the golem wouldn't do me any good either...

Maybe I just need to send out more friend invites...

J0dy77

E: What's the consensus on the Vamp busty? D/B or B/D?

I've been thinking about this since I only have 1 Duke Vampire Lord. B/D has a better leader skill but you lose dark attack since the main element changes to water. I'll probably go D/B first and maybe switch it later when I get an extra Devilit (I'm saving the first 2 I get for Hera).

I'm definitely going D/W for my first, not even close. Here's my reasoning:

- Better stats, more RCV and more ATK with less HP.
- 2 ATk/RCV is a better leader skill, in my eyes, and may let you get away with pairing with Lucifer for some dungeons bigger dungeons like Zeus. I don't need another 3x attack farm team.
- Having dark as the primary attack avoids weakness issues and fits better with a Haku/Hera-IS team
- I don't have twinlits and wont have to waste twinlits to finish the evo.
- I prefer balance over physical as the second mob type.

I have a second max skill vamp but he's maxed at 70 and I use him on the low cost batman team. Probably going to keep him there, really don't see much need for the W/D version.

I tried a Zombie team with the only friend healer leader I had which was amaterasu... it worked to an extent until I ran out of orbs and died. It was tough to keep up due to no orb changers or maybe I'm missing something.

The one I did it twice with one stone used is basically using my Parvati as lead, stocked up on hp and rcv green subs until I had more than 10k with with maxed out green leads with at least 2x hp (evolved artemis or snow globe dragon vert), and just grind it out the normal way.

I googled around just now, it seems like the defense stat of an enemy is calculated against an individual monster atk. So using the golem wouldn't do me any good either...

People with Shiva leaders used to be the kings of Wed/Fri due to The Third Eye; nowadays everybody just runs with Top Droiddragon or poison party in sub slots instead.

Do you completely lack any sort of orb changer? If you have one the general strategy is to keep matching non-damaging orb colors to stall and not to move on to the next floor until you are relatively sure you can change enough orbs to wipe out any synched mobs. This strategy still works if you don't have any orb changers, it's just more harrowing and a bit luck-based.

Totakeke

People with Shiva leaders used to be the kings of Wed/Fri due to The Third Eye; nowadays everybody just runs with Top Droiddragon or poison party in sub slots instead.

Do you completely lack any sort of orb changer? If you have one the general strategy is to keep matching non-damaging orb colors to stall and not to move on to the next floor until you are relatively sure you can change enough orbs to wipe out any synched mobs. This strategy still works if you don't have any orb changers, it's just more harrowing and a bit luck-based.

Hmm, is 6 damage basically the maximum you can do per turn to a mask? Making more than one of the orb combo won't increase your number of attacks right?

J0dy77

What are you using as your Zombie leader and subs? For the Wednesday and friday dungeons you want to keep your HP as low as possible so that even if you match just one set of orbs you are healed over 70% and can just play until dungeon is finished. You just have to make sure you aren't attacked twice in the same turn, make sure the mobs on same timer are taken down first.

Make a team like this (doesn't have to be pengdras any blue low lvl mob works), and use a blue ogre that you can get from anywhere for the resolve skill. Add me to your list and I can put up my siren which will be more then enough to heal you every round.

aJZQxwGl.jpg

Never spend stones on these basic dungeons. It's really limiting your progress.

Jagernaut

Hmm, is 6 damage basically the maximum you can do per turn to a mask? Making more than one of the orb combo won't increase your number of attacks right?

Dual color monsters will hit twice if you match 3 of each of their colors. If you have 6 dual color monsters and match at least 3 of every color represented on your team, you will do 12 damage.

J0dy77

This is because of their high defense. That's why it doesn't matter if you use a lvl 99 or lvl 1 mob, you just need to hit them consistently and is why Mono color teams are usually used for zombie teams.

Totakeke

Thanks guys. I was thinking that more combos actually do more damage so I was doing multiples to try to speed them up.

Well it turns out that actually does happen when I use Artemis' skill because the damage seems to be able to actually exceed their defense. I killed the 60k defense masks with more than half health in a single turn when I had the board with more than 70% green orbs. So I wasn't imagining things but I guess that confused me.

I actually managed to complete another one without using any stones with a maxed out artemis friend lead so that was good. Still no mystic masks though. :/

What are you using as your Zombie leader and subs? For the Wednesday and friday dungeons you want to keep your HP as low as possible so that even if you match just one set of orbs you are healed over 70% and can just play until dungeon is finished. You just have to make sure you aren't attacked twice in the same turn, make sure the mobs on same timer are taken down first.

Make a team like this (doesn't have to be pengdras any blue low lvl mob works), and use a blue ogre that you can get from anywhere for the resolve skill. Add me to your list and I can put up my siren which will be more then enough to heal you every round.

aJZQxwGl.jpg

Never spend stones on these basic dungeons. It's really limiting your progress.

Don't need it right now since I'm out of stam, but I'll send you an invite. :p

Learning how to figuring out those high def dungeons takes time and you can kind of treat them as homework problems for future dungeons.

http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/131216_sinka.html
Pretty steep requirements even for the fake busties. Gonna pass for both my gods until I figure out how to run Twinlits.

Thanks. Oddly enough, I have 2 Horus on each of my US & JP accounts. 'Been looking at the teams to run the twinlits, too. My best bets are WR Valk, Light Metatron, or Zeus teams.

Nista

AH if only I had a Luci, I could do that twinlit team as well. I wonder if Astaroth could sub as leader instead? :/

Perhaps I should try to work on a LMeta team for it instead, since I have enough eggdras in my box to fully awaken her. No hordes of +eggs though, so not sure I can make the HP limit anytime soon.

I've got a Horus, Isis, Zeus, Hera, and two Yomis that all need these busties, so I expect to be trying and failing to farm it for weeks to come.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I'm trying to farm more birds for Gabriel and running mono-blue. I'm running Gabriel/Hermes + Is/BlOdin/I&I/Sieg and my HP is nearly 80k. While the team isn't exactly optimal, it's still pretty silly. Once I max my monsters and put that busty Orochi on here...*yum*

linsivvi

Don't kill all the monsters in the first round. Instead move your strong color orbs to the bottom corners, forming 2x2 squares. Only clear the top 2 rows. At the later rounds, form a L-shaped combo in one of the corners so you can attack all enemies. Try to leave one enemy behind and restock your orbs.

So I'm trying to farm more birds for Gabriel and running mono-blue. I'm running Gabriel/Hermes + Is/BlOdin/I&I/Sieg and my HP is nearly 80k. While the team isn't exactly optimal, it's still pretty silly. Once I max my monsters and put that busty Orochi on here...*yum*

no Haku team??

Althane

I have to sometimes kick myself and realize that this game is a lot more about team strategy rather than being good at matching orbs.

Anyways, what should I focus on doing next? I'm going to have to wait for Friday to get the spirits to evolve my Naga to Echidna, but I dunno what to go from there. I'd like to get a Siren, but ... that's difficult.

My box:

I found that Haku is a bit risky if I don't one-shot the boss. The RCV is super low on my Haku team. I tried it once and died and got angry. Are you farming with Haku? If so, what's your team?

Haku (max)
Ur (95)
Is (max)
D/D Hades (max)
Echidna (92)

Echidna is just there for RCV and if i need a few more turns to stall. Paired with a high lvl Haku, brings me to about 17k HP

Boss is just Haku+Ur and hope I don't get trolled with fire orbs. I've been farming on Master level, but got crazy lucky and have had the drop all but 1 time. Took Haku into Legend for the clear, but its a little dicey.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Haku (max)
Ur (95)
Is (max)
D/D Hades (max)
Echidna (92)

Echidna is just there for RCV and if i need a few more turns to stall. Paired with a high lvl Haku, brings me to about 17k HP

Boss is just Haku+Ur and hope I don't get trolled with fire orbs. I've been farming on Master level, but got crazy lucky and have had the drop all but 1 time. Took Haku into Legend for the clear, but its a little dicey.

Well, I guess Master would have equal chance for the birds to drop, no? I already max awakened the boss, so I don't really care about him dropping anymore...

suko_32

I decided to finish off King of Gods just now and barely zero stoned it with:

Okuniushi
Hera
Luci
Echidna
Susano
Okuniushi

It was all about stalling for that gravity for use on Zeus and hitting combos.

chrono01

I finally attempted the Heroes Descended dungeon with my Drawn Joker/Lucifer team. The hardest was definitely the first floor. Not having any skills charged up and having five Devil's attacking every round is painful. I ended up using three Magic Stones on this, since my team isn't leveled a whole lot and I really wanted Highlander/Berserk.

The rest of the dungeon was easy, albeit time-consuming. I used Echidna whenever I needed some extra time, and Keeper of the Rainbow to lessen the powerful attacks. 3x Vampire Lord I used Hades Gravity immediately, followed by Lucifer's Morning Star, and then proceeded to kill one-by-one making sure all skills were up before I finished. On the final floor I used Gravity right away, followed by Morning Star on Highlander [killing him], and then chipped away at Berserk's health. It was relatively safe.

I got Berserk on my first run, but I really wanted the other so I chose to run it once more. At the cost of an additional three Magic Stones [damn you first floor!], I lucked out and got Highlander on my second try.

Six Magic Stones spent, but considering that's basically one roll at the REM [and likely a Golem/Knight in return], it's not too bad. I have both of them now, anyway!

Nista

Well, I guess Master would have equal chance for the birds to drop, no? I already max awakened the boss, so I don't really care about him dropping anymore...

I'm assuming Master is better than expert for bird drops, since you can get the already evolved ones?

Giard

I would get at least four Leek, to be honest, so you can build yourself a full sub-Leek team. I've heard it can useful on a few occasions.

Not too sure what leader I would be using with a Leek team, do you have any examples? I'm guessing his cost must be 10 or less.

thetechkid

Got a Dub-mythlit and Tamadra from Pal today, thinking of just evolving my Phoenix Knight and dumping on Tamadra on it for Two-Pronged Attack.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
And Gabriel max skilled at the buzzer! Persephone and my second Susano are next. I'll probably wait on Persephone since I didn't farm enough dark keepers to evo the ladies (and the Nebradisk dungeon will be dropping them I guess).

E: Persephone is slvl 4, so that's nice. Also, update was pushed? 15 files? No idea what they were...

xCobalt

And Gabriel max skilled at the buzzer! Persephone and my second Susano are next. I'll probably wait on Persephone since I didn't farm enough dark keepers to evo the ladies (and the Nebradisk dungeon will be dropping them I guess).

E: Persephone is slvl 4, so that's nice. Also, update was pushed? 15 files? No idea what they were...

What was the best place to farm for the birds? I did expert a few times and didn't get as much as I thought.

Isis active has the bind recovery property now so it's not totally useless even with the RCV hit.

The Fruit Dragons have great awakenings, sporting elemental resist x2, +orb x3, skill boost x2, and attr boost x2. Time to eat some Noels~

Also the Bad Dragons continue to be bad (just slightly less so) with new L.Skills that give 3xATK for 6+ simultaneous orb match. Guess GungHo wanted to make monocolor spike teams viable, just didnt implement them in a manner that's easily attainable.
who are bad dragons?

Musan

So, I have a +297 max awaken max skill hera is, I'm thinking about fusing it to my max leveled blodin. With B/D vampire coming up, I can't think of much of a reason to keep hera-is around, since most damage comes from comboing the board on my various teams. I'm looking for outside opinions.

chrono01

So, I have a +297 max awaken max skill hera is, I'm thinking about fusing it to my max leveled blodin. With B/D vampire coming up, I can't think of much of a reason to keep hera-is around, since most damage comes from comboing the board on my various teams. I'm looking for outside opinions.
Personally, I would keep your max Awoken Hera-Is, since you never know what changes might come to any of the monsters. It's possible that Hera-Is will receive a change in the coming months/years, and then you'd likely regret fusing your Hera-Is away.

razterik

Keep her. That's probably 10 stones sunk cost on the skill alone. Blue Odin doesn't really need the stat boost to do his job. With the way boss HP has been increasing over time, I think having the option for a quick gravity with awesome stats is still valuable.

Cels

i just want to say i'm probably a filthy casual compared to most folks who post here but i cleared the two heroes dungeon today without dying and it was pretty exhilarating at the end getting hit for 14k every 3 turns. unfortunately i got the highlander which i already own but whatever, it was fun

SOD luci / Haku / purple starter dragon / chaos DK / devil dragon is my team

Musan

Well, I can always get another Hera-Is up and running. Its just that the way descends are heading, having skills up sooner seems to matter more than more damage on the boss. I might just level a 2nd hera-is while I think about it.

razterik

JP's New Year's event lasts for SEVENTEEN FUCKING DAYS

Also here's some busties that involve drops from Trifruits Descended
http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/131219_sinka.html

The JP Godfest is Angels/Devils/new Heroes? Haha, no thanks! And 7 more Tamadras to go with 10 stones. Time to awaken some more box junk.

Well, I can always get another Hera-Is up and running. Its just that the way descends are heading, having skills up sooner seems to matter more than more damage on the boss. I might just level a 2nd hera-is while I think about it.

I agree with this, but I think having the +297 on Hera-Is allows you to use her in places you might not be able otherwise. It increases her value more than +297 on Blue Odin increases his value. Where would you need him that his max stats aren't already sufficient? I personally would use the time/stones for the second Hera-Is on farming + eggs instead.

Top Bottom