• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Gift From Heaven just popped in Japan, so I guess we're gonna get a second chance to get a free Bad Dragon soon. Kinda costly at 30 stamina per attempt though.

quin

Omg... that tri-fruit dungeon is horrible.

First level is a dragon fruit with 4 dragon seeds. The fruit casts slow and the seeds take off over 30k a piece

Second level is 4 dragon plants. They take off about 200k (each) a turn

Third is a tamadora, dragon seed and a dragon flower. That ones isn't too bad.

Four is 3 dragon fruits. 2 cast pre-emptive guard for 999 turns on a 2 turn timer. The third heals on a 1 turn timer.

Two 25x combos couldn't destroy one of them. I don't know...

Kouriozan

So, just noticed it's finally in the French App store, started to finally play it again!
But then I got the all new dark Valkyrie monster, I really don't know if I should reroll or not.
Seems like today is not good very reroll :s
In the US version I rerolled until I got Green Odin, if anyone remember :p

2YMwnSs.jpg
Cost : 30 :/

Maybe I should wait until a Godfest before playing.

Kouriozan

Ok, in the new player guide, Valkyrie (and so the new ones) are in the acceptable tier, so I'm gonna reroll until I get one of the following :
- Freyja
- Bastet
- Artemis
- Incarnation of Genbu, Meimei
- Kushinadahime

Because today is the Floral Carnival, wood monsters only.

Ok, in the new player guide, Valkyrie (and so the new ones) are in the acceptable tier, so I'm gonna reroll until I get one of the following :
- Freyja
- Bastet
- Artemis
- Kushinadahime

bastet is allrite..
meimei is borderline rem..
the other... eh..
kushinadahime is good, only if you're good with matching... and i mean GOOD :)

Ducarmel

?

She is just as good as the other Chinese gods Haku, Karin, Leilan.

She is proven to clear all the descends (except the orb color restricted ones not in her favor), the bias against her is purely because people rely on Echidna to much. Meimei players still use Echidna anyway if they want even if it mean losing a more useful monster.

Issue with valk..
She's good, but she can be descended so i really can't agree as keeping her as your first roll
He got Dark Valk and is REM only, he should reroll anyway but you cant farm for her if he plan to have her later.

bastet is allrite..
the other... eh..
kushinadahime is good, only if you're good with matching... and i mean GOOD :)

Whats wrong with Artemis? I have gotten far with her.

Especially when Evo'd. Get HP/ATK 2x. Able to combine with a ton of different friends for various combo's depending on the stage.

People must like artemis because I have around 50 people use me each day.

Anyway, she was my first pull and I have enjoyed it from the start. My mono wood team is getting close to Master clearing.

Uthred

- Freyja
- Bastet
- Artemis
- Kushinadahime

You could have a look the /vg/ starter guide its a bit more in-depth than the wikia one and gives reasons for why such and such is a good starter - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QuuQqCPPSUVenh4oahDQSZKBDaMCEVNyHhVgByFMk18/edit

Ducarmel

Especially when Evo'd. Get HP/ATK 2x. Able to combine with a ton of different friends for various combo's depending on the stage.

Anyway, she was my first pull and I have enjoyed it from the start. My mono wood team is getting close to Master clearing.

Yeah odd he dismissed her, if I am not mistaken he mains Ares who basically function the exact same way.

there is nothing wrong with her per se, the game has just steered away from mono-colored teams (outside of dark) and more combo oriented.

Clearing normal dungeons are fine, but the definition of 'good' should be applied to 'can this team clear descended dungeons'. Which a lot of mono-colored teams struggle with.

linsivvi

I finally cleared all the annoying Conditional Dungeons..
Looks like a double Luci + 3 Gravity team is more than enough to clear all the Stone Dragon Dungeons
How's the drop rate for the Stone Dragons?

You will get a drop on Monday, the problem is that the boss can drop coins as well. So if you're unlucky you'll get Gungtrolled like I did, 5 chests in a row.

Jagernaut

Artemis, Ares, and Hermes are really good monocolor leaders but for most descends you want someone stronger.

I just ran the metal dragon dungeon 4 times to get the little metal dragons to evolve my dark pengdras and got 4 kings and a Tamadra. Excellent considering 2x kings is not on.

Edit. And I got a great when feeding them to Venus. Must be my lucky day.

I just had a metal dragon run where three tamas showed up...

Of course none dropped, but three showed up, 1 a floor back to back...

Crazy..

That is four appearances no drops today.

EDIT: I just realized that I can ultimate EVO Ammy for my healer team, but I want that free awakening from a dupe that sits unevolved... Curses!

mjc

Maaaan I wanna start this up again but I'm not sure if I wanna do it on my iPhone or my new Nexus 7. You can't have a profile that bounces between devices right? As an aside, how is it on tablets?

Genji

Maaaan I wanna start this up again but I'm not sure if I wanna do it on my iPhone or my new Nexus 7. You can't have a profile that bounces between devices right? As an aside, how is it on tablets?

Works great on my iPad. A lot more distance that you have to traverse than a phone, so that might take a little bit of time to get used to, but I find diagonals way easier to execute on the bigger screen.

Out of 14 runs, I saw 6 tamas. 1 dropped. 11 kings, 4 dropped, and I did not pay attention to the high drops.

Brought my fodder Ammy to 48... so close...

Not sure what to do with these Awakenings, I have 2 right now, and we hopefully will get another one or two next week.

What is everyone else using theirs for?

?

She is just as good as the other Chinese gods Haku, Karin, Leilan.

She is proven to clear all the descends (except the orb color restricted ones not in her favor), the bias against her is purely because people rely on Echidna to much. Meimei players still use Echidna anyway if they want even if it mean losing a more useful monster.

He got Dark Valk and is REM only, he should reroll anyway but you cant farm for her if he plan to have her later.

yes but her leader skill and stat are covered by another valk (light) if you want to do an healer team..
and if you want an heartbreaker, vampire/evolutions are farmable :)

0/3 here :( It sucks how rare that evo mat is compared to the others.

0/5.. so..

there is nothing wrong with her per se, the game has just steered away from mono-colored teams (outside of dark) and more combo oriented.

Clearing normal dungeons are fine, but the definition of 'good' should be applied to 'can this team clear descended dungeons'. Which a lot of mono-colored teams struggle with.
I think the Hero Gods are GungHo's attempt at making monocolor spike teams, just they didn't do a very good job at it.

On the other hand you can kinda think of them as having a built in 6x multiplier since one orb match gives you six attacking monsters as opposed to just one or two for rainbow spike teams. Just need a more consistent way to activate them and combo up.

Limit

Not sure what to do with these Awakenings, I have 2 right now, and we hopefully will get another one or two next week.

What is everyone else using theirs for?

Currently working on awakening Anubis. 2 down, one to go. Almost all the subs in my Ra team are fully awakened, except for Ra himself. So he will be next. At this point though, I am jonsing for a plus egg event way more than anything else. Need to get my Zaerog's RCV out of the negative realm. Is there a any dungeon that is deemed to be the best place for farming plus eggs? Is it just the cheapest one in terms of stamina?

Genji

2 options :

1) SS Zeus on the weekend
2) Friday dungeon on 2x drop (next friday).

Thanks for the advice, I didn't realize that the dub mythlit dropped in that dungeon. I'm on SS, but not sure I have a team that can take down Zeus in a quick manner, would probably have to grind it out with 2XLucifer until my other teams are leveled.

Joker Is back
Starting Dec. 23, 2013, through Jan. 5, 2014, Batman: Arkham Origins-themed event dungeons will be live in Puzzle & Dragons.

Featuring a total of 11 characters from the Batman: Arkham Origins universe, Puzzle & Dragons will be invaded by popular villains, such as The Joker, Deathstroke, Bane, and Solomon Grundy. Many other rogues occupying Blackgate Prison will be available with drops for players to collect for their monster boxes. In addition, heroes such as Batman, Robin, and Catwoman will also be available for players at the in-game Rare Egg Machine.

Limit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpfTAwKs5as#t=83

Saw this posted on PG FB. Ra gets x7 now if you match all elements and recovery?

Looks like matching all elements is still the same (x6) but if you also end up matching hearts you get x7. Not sure if there is auto recovery or not. Doesn't look like it.

Edit: On second thought this also means Ra is now slightly easier to use assuming that to trigger x6 you need to match at least 4 colors + hearts.

That dungeon is going to balls-breakingly hard if Joker is still as powerful as he used to be.

At least you can have skills up by the time you see him, I guess.

Jagernaut

Curious how they will set this up. If Joker is at the end of a dungeon that you can charge your skills on, he becomes relatively trivial. His difficulty was that he started hitting hard right away and did his giant attack before most skills were charged. Wonder if they will just keep him by himself?

We know from leaks that the dungeon is seven floors except for the easiest difficulty which is five floors.

Top Bottom