• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Kouriozan

I just tried adding you unregistered user on my end.

Sucks, I am looking for more Meimei friends. I have not started a team around her because everybody wants to use Haku. For now she is a sub for my Kushinada.

Tried to add you, same for me, region lock confirmed, oh well >.<

Musan

MeiMei is probably better as a sub nowadays than a leader. With Kushinada, you can have verche/meimei activate to get a full green-white board, sorta like a green sonia. same goes for athena teams.

coy

Yeah, that was what I feared.
Well, adding GAF to my name so if you see KourioGAF while playing, add me :)
My ID is 741,245,240.

Too late, just got Meimei :p so building a Dark/Light/Wood team I guess.
Keeping my stone for the next Godfest now.
With the Christmas event I should get plenty of 'em.

Good plan and good starting roll. Play and have fun and, when the time comes, see how your luck goes. I'd also suggest increasing box space with any spare stones you may have after having some REM fun. Nothing crazy just a couple.

Why do people still want Hades so badly? He's replaceable with so many farmable monsters. Unless you really want that 60% Dark resist. Only God I'm really itching for is Dark Metatron.

As far as Hades is concerned, maybe stats is the answer. Given the weighted stats are comparable, I see that, individually, DQ Hera (mmmm Dairy Queen) favors HP/ATK, Hera-Is has HP/RCV, while Hades covers ATK/RCV. ATK/RCV would be the pairing I'd favor myself on multiplier teams (situationally if HP is not a factor). I would say sub-element as well maybe until R/L Horus is more prevalent - D/L Hades might make way to Hera-Is for coloring sake. Wouldn't change his desire from UmiYama or Genbu teams or some other teams.

I am ready for D.Meta on either account. Main has Gryps Rider and D/D Batman and alt has Yomi and Hanzo. Completing the set won't be a fun task if I ever did luck into D.Meta but I'd try my damndest!

Limit

Blue Odin is currently hands down my most desired monster, as he should be for all other Ra users out there. With Ra Ultimate being able to use hearts in creating a combo chain there is little need for heart breakers as subs. So all the focus goes to including monsters with maximum number of skill boosts and lowering Echidna's cooldown as much as possible. I have green Odin and Archdemon lucifer as subs with 2 skill boosts, thus lowering Echidna's cooldown to 6. If I had Blue Odin Echidna's cooldown will drop to 3. 3!!!

Such a shame Odins are so rare.

Ducarmel

MeiMei is probably better as a sub nowadays than a leader. With Kushinada, you can have verche/meimei activate to get a full green-white board, sorta like a green sonia. same goes for athena teams.

I'm not a combo master I can get 5 to 6 consistently but hitting those higher numbers especially with Kushinada I don't know if I can take her far in the game. I do ok paired with Kirin then playing with another Kushinada leader.

And meimei is still boss, again she is just as good as the other Chinese gods not named Kirin.

here are some descend plays
http://www.youtube.com/user/solomon1315

before you say time mage, meimei players can still even sacrifice a sub spot for Naga if they need her.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu5oPjVP1nY

xCobalt

Blue Odin is currently hands down my most desired monster, as he should be for all other Ra users out there. With Ra Ultimate being able to use hearts in creating a combo chain there is little need for heart breakers as subs. So all the focus goes to including monsters with maximum number of skill boosts and lowering Echidna's cooldown as much as possible. I have green Odin and Archdemon lucifer as subs with 2 skill boosts, thus lowering Echidna's cooldown to 6. If I had Blue Odin Echidna's cooldown will drop to 3. 3!!!

Such a shame Odins are so rare.

You know the skills cooldown is only lowered once right? You would start the dungeon with a cooldown of 3 and after you use it, it'll be at 10 turns again.

I've been on an Ultimate evo tear this last month. Got CDk and vampy both busty. Working on maxing them out now. Echinda , SoD luci, Byako all evo'd Luci is maxed. I think I'll be ready to take on the big boy dungeons now.

Question. I have Two Lucifers. Is a 3 lucifer team overkill? lol

Musan

You know the skills cooldown is only lowered once right? You would start the dungeon with a cooldown of 3 and after you use it, it'll be at 10 turns again.

With the trend of shorter 4-5 floor descends, having as many skill boosts as possible is fine.

I don't doubt a MeiMei team can get to descend clearing status, the hard part will be skilling up the heras and zeuses to get there. Also, with the way the flavor of the month leader is going, It'll be tough to find +297 MeiMei leads on the regular. A lot more people are putting up Athenas and Kushinadas.

Tobe

almost lvl 100 and i still got shit tier monsters, i dont know how ive gotten here.
for example i still struggle with rainbow keeper.

Bro, nowdays the fotm is spike leads that have to stall enough to have skills ready for last floor flight..
Considering that spike team have no hp/rcv multiplier, stalling is a bit un safe, so if you can simply spend say 1 turn at each floor and have all active ready for full blow at floor 5?
Priceless

J0dy77

My open letter to the thread to start running Chu Chu leader on the weekend. This is the fastest team I've used to clear Sea God without having to think about matching. Just match green and auto pilot.

OyMRDeYl.jpg

Join the movement!!!

BlueSteel

My open letter to the thread to start running Chu Chu leader on the weekend. This is the fastest team I've used to clear Sea God without having to think about matching. Just match green and auto pilot.

OyMRDeYl.jpg

Join the movement!!!

Can I cosign the movement? Just maxed my chu chu as well.

OyMRDeYl.jpg

Join the movement!!!

no susanoo, no dios...
no dice...
btw how did the festival of likes end up? and when will it start?

&#9632;&#9315; Special Event Dungeon Schedule:
12/23 - The Goddess Descended!
12/23 - 12/25 - Tower of Jewel
12/23 - 12/27 - Santa's Helpers!
12/23 - 1/5 - Batman Collab
12/23 - 1/5 - Mysterious Visitors
12/24 - Hera-Ur Descended!
12/25 - Athena Descended!
12/26 - Sword of Flames
12/27 - Scarlet Snake Princess
12/28 - 1/5 - ???????????????????
12/28 - 12/30 - Dragon in Motley
12/28 - ???????????????????
12/29 - Zeus-Dios Descended!
12/30 - Hera Descended
12/31 - 1/1 - ??????????????????
1/1 - Zeus Descended!
1/2 - Dragon Guardian
1/3 - 1/5 - Lightless Devil's Nest
1/4 - Takeminakata Descends!
1/5 - Hera-Is Descended!

&#9632;&#9316; Awesome Daily Bonuses
Pal Egg Events:
&#12288;12/23 - 12/27 - King Metal/Jewel Dragons
2x King appearance rates for the Metal/Gold and Jewel Dragons
[We will also have a special visits from the Pengdra Village, Super Metal Dragons, and a Super Jewel King Dragon] (this event sometimes changes)
2x Skill Up rate
Other special bonuses

23.. valkyrie day for me!
a lot of valkyrie! delicious!
those ????
i'd say either satan, beelzebub or something similar... believe

Signed. All in. :)

Don't need Susano can be any balance you have. My ADK isn't evolved so he's not balance yet. Odin works great and doesn't have to be green.

no odin either :p
and no other balanced green based monster..
Q_Q
on a side note, i REALLY have to shape up an offsent monocolor team for dark/lightless dungeon that isn't red..
my monored is REALLY solid atm, but i've got no monoblue or monogreen :X

Colby

So Zeus-Dios is the only dungeon I have no idea how to tackle...it looks like any sort of defensive team won't work. The spike leaders I have are: Horus, Zeus, Satan, Valk, Chu Chu, Sieg, Robin, Hera-Ur, Athena, and Takeminakata. Is Robin the only option? I'm not very good at matching, so I know there is no way I can consistently hit 8x. I'm willing to spend a few stones. Any ideas?

Also, I'd like some Awoken Odin friends. I have a maxed ultimate Ammy who is looking to partner up with some hunky gods. 384 134 290

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So Zeus-Dios is the only dungeon I have no idea how to tackle...it looks like any sort of defensive team won't work. The spike leaders I have are: Horus, Zeus, Satan, Valk, Chu Chu, Sieg, Robin, Hera-Ur, Athena, and Takeminakata. Is Robin the only option? I'm not very good at matching, so I know there is no way I can consistently hit 8x. I'm willing to spend a few stones. Any ideas?

Also, I'd like some Awoken Odin friends. I have a maxed ultimate Ammy who is looking to partner up with some hunky gods. 384 134 290

Dios is a bitch. Seriously, I'd argue that it's the hardest Descended right now. I'm not sure how to 0-stone it yet. I spent a few to get my Dios and said never again, haha.

I'd go with Horus and match up with a friend Kirin. I think J0dy77 posted a guide somewhere in this thread, which was very helpful when I went to pick up a second one. It's definitely doable with zero stones.

xCobalt

So I'm wondering if I'd be able to take any of the descended dungeons, here is what I got to work with.

You can probably start prepping for Hera. A good team would probably be Jester Dragon with Siren, Bluebird, Echidna, Rainbow Keeper paired with a friend's Odin. With this build, you will need to heal every turn against 1 turn bosses. Here's a guide taking down hera with this setup.

It's good that you have the blue noel too. Can start forming a pretty defensive mono blue team. That team can take out a few Legend dungeons too. Start levelling your Ice Golem and Berserk.

Since Tower of Jewel is coming up it is probably worth mentioning that some people discovered that the dungeon actually has two patterns of drops, depending on if x2 drop is activated or not (maybe if x2 drop is active for the duration of its run, not sure). If x2 drop is NOT active, +1 eggs will drop at their usual rate, and you will encounter Super Golds in the dungeon. If x2 drop IS active, the rate that +1 eggs drops is greatly boosted, but you will never encounter any Super Golds.

BlueSteel

Since Tower of Jewel is coming up it is probably worth mentioning that some people discovered that the dungeon actually has two patterns of drops, depending on if x2 drop is activated or not (maybe if x2 drop is active for the duration of its run, not sure). If x2 drop is NOT active, +1 eggs will drop at their usual rate, and you will encounter Super Golds in the dungeon. If x2 drop IS active, the rate that +1 eggs drops is greatly boosted, but you will never encounter any Super Golds.

Oh wow, sneaky sneaky gung ho. Thanks for the heads up.

linsivvi

Was surprised to see Super Metal since puzzleanddragonx didn't have it listed, but PADherder did. Apparently it's for red starters only.

My current Byakko Team is this...

Byako, Byako, Echinda, D/W Vamp, CDK , Byako Friend

Would Hera UR be better than Vamp for blue? Would I then Leave in Vamp or CDK?

Issue is.. Hera is has terrific stats, but the cd on gravity is always so long..
I'd take away cdk rather then busty vampire, but that's just me

Syril

Is this one of those games where you're supposed to raise someone to max level before you promote/evolve them or else their stats will never be as good as they could otherwise be?

Issue is.. Hera is has terrific stats, but the cd on gravity is always so long..
I'd take away cdk rather then busty vampire, but that's just me

I see.

Also messing around with my teams at the moment would this team be any good?

SoD Luci, SoD Luci, Pekka, Echinda, Drawn Joker, SoD Luci

I throw pekka in there cause it's skill is a 20k attack that gives back hp. So I could be able to do two Morning Stars in one turn activate Echinda and Dran Joker heal up and use a third.

Probably overkill but I'm wondering if that team would be viable in any way or is it too weak in overall stats? Any modifications that could make it better?

Musan

I see.

I throw pekka in there cause it's skill is a 20k attack that gives back hp. So I could be able to do two Morning Stars in one turn activate Echinda and Dran Joker heal up and use a third.

Probably overkill but I'm wondering if that team would be viable in any way or is it too weak in overall stats? Any modifications that could make it better?

Hera-Is is nice statwise and once you get gravity cooldown to 15. I would replace CDK with drawn joker, adds a lot of flexibility to your team.

Lucifer team would be better with another gravity or 2, depending on the boss you're facing. Lucifer nuke is just to clean up after you did most of your damage with gravities.

Kreed

Is this one of those games where you're supposed to raise someone to max level before you promote/evolve them or else their stats will never be as good as they could otherwise be?

You can't evolve a monster until it reaches max level unless it's an ultimate evolution, which can be initiated at any level. There are no consequences for evolving a monster earlier or later.

As far as stats, outside of increasing stats using "plus eggs" every monster will always have the same set stats depending on their level no matter how you raise it/evolve it/etc...

In a more general sense, there is no way you can permanently "ruin" a monster in terms of numbers potential in this game.

coy

If you need the extra HP, then go for Hera-Is. I won't assume you have a max-skilled Hera-Is. That'd be a reason I'd take her over Vamp in a Byakko team. Otherwise, I like the Vampire/Drawn Joker that combo offers when I need more firepower to clear a floor.

Byakko / Vampire / DJ / Echidna / ??

That's what I usually run. Several great choices for you in that last spot depending on situation and REM luck.

I see.

Gravity subs would probably be better choices, but I really like that lineup. Just fire away at a nice comfortable pace. DJ, Echidna and the extra Lucifer more than make up for Pekka's doodoo RCV.

J0dy77

I really hope this Hunter X Hunter dungeon comes to the US. The final farmable boss is really really good. 2 HP and ATK for Light and Dark and his active skill is 1.3 atk for god monsters and 30x ATk to all enemies.

Just realized that since the HxH collab is currently running in JP and Batman is coming back tomorrow... this is the first time that a collab exclusive to the west has happened. Want more of these please

Also preliminary data for the dungeon is now up if you want to see what kinds of bullshit the mobs will pull on you. Fixed/random spawn order is still undetermined because nobody has been able to run it yet.
http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Batman_Collab

Pretty much everybody was asking about non-IAP strategies for Twinlits earlier, and it seems like there's a viable strategie that can 0-stone it with high reliability:

188i.png
190i.png
597i.png
831i.png
201i.png
188i.png

What follows is my best understanding of what the PAD Wiki strategy says:

1F: You want to leave exactly 1 or 2 Mythlits alive. Manually target one Mythlit, match one set of Light orbs and an AOE of some non-light attribute. With a 3-4 combo you should wipe all the regular lits and at least one of the Mythlits. Stall to charge skills as long as possible.

2F: Open with all gravities, then plink the rest of the Dublit HP away, trying to avoid the use of Echidna. If you do end up using Echidna, don't finish the floor until the last possble turn.

3F: Activate Google Search, target a Dubmyth then make a match to kill ONLY it. Kill the second Dub before it attacks, then stall on the TAMADRA, taking note that bound attributes can be matched to lower skill cooldowns without damaging the TAMADRA. Also prepare the board such that you can do a 8-9 combo with lots of light/dark matches.

4F: The Angelit will heal you to full. Use all gravities and Menace, then unleash your prepared combo. The twinlits shouldn't have much HP left; you should be able to finish them off with the turns given by Menace.

What I don't understand is the floor 2 strategy; since Search carries over between rounds you shouldn't have to waste your gravities there. Maybe it's cause Droiddragon's dual elements make him doubly susceptible to binds on 1F?

J0dy77

Pretty much everybody was asking about non-IAP strategies for Twinlits earlier, and it seems like there's a viable strategie that can 0-stone it with high reliability:

188i.png
190i.png
597i.png
831i.png
201i.png
188i.png

1F: You want to leave exactly 1 or 2 Mythlits alive. Manually target one Mythlit, match one set of Light orbs and an AOE of some non-light attribute. With a 3-4 combo you should wipe all the regular lits and at least one of the Mythlits. Stall to charge skills as long as possible.

2F: Open with all gravities, then plink the rest of the Dublit HP away, trying to avoid the use of Echidna. If you do end up using Echidna, don't finish the floor until the last possble turn.

3F: Activate Google Search, target a Dubmyth then make a match to kill ONLY it. Kill the second Dub before it attacks, then stall on the TAMADRA, taking note that bound attributes can be matched to lower skill cooldowns without damaging the TAMADRA. Also prepare the board such that you can do a 8-9 combo with lots of light/dark matches.

4F: The Angelit will heal you to full. Use all gravities and Menace, then unleash your prepared combo. The twinlits shouldn't have much HP left; you should be able to finish them off with the turns given by Menace.

What I don't understand is the floor 2 strategy; since Search carries over between rounds you shouldn't have to waste your gravities there. Maybe it's cause Droiddragon's dual elements make him doubly susceptible to binds on 1F?

Man I hated running Zeus. So hard keeping HP at full.

188i.png
190i.png
597i.png
831i.png
201i.png
188i.png

So if I subbed in a shiva for ultimate droid dragon I would be in pretty good shape? I think this type of strategy is what I'm going to be running

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Been farming Goddess of Harvest all weekend. Lots of +eggs, no dubs. But the XP is nearly the same (a little better) than OoH, but it's just as easy to clear with a decked out Valk team. Love it!

So if I subbed in a shiva for ultimate droid dragon I would be in pretty good shape? I think this type of strategy is what I'm going to be running

I don't know about any of the nuances of the build cause I haven't run it myself, but it sounds good. Do note that there may be a higher potential for failure on 1F due to you removing a Green target for the mythlit bind.

I don't know about any of the nuances of the build cause I haven't run it myself, but it sounds good. Do note that there may be a higher potential for failure on 1F due to you removing a Green target for the mythlit bind.

What do you plan to run for twinlits? Spike teams other than Ra are out for me but I have a lot of other teams..

Unrelated, how many leeks should I farm to max skill a susano? I went 0/8 during the last event and I have 30 so far saved and unevolved

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What do you plan to run for twinlits? Spike teams other than Ra are out for me but I have a lot of other teams..

Unrelated, how many leeks should I farm to max skill a susano? I went 0/8 during the last event and I have 30 so far saved and unevolved

I got mine in like, 25? But that was lucky. I'm trying to build up about 40-50 to max skill my second one.

I got mine in like, 25? But that was lucky. I'm trying to build up about 40-50 to max skill my second one.

I have three susanos but I figured I would use at least one to awaken another one. Based on my earlier luck I'm not anticipating getting two max skilled but I want one at least.

quin

It doesn't carry over due to the preemptive attacks from the dub mithlits on the third floor.

I made that mistake the first time i ran that dungeon

Top Bottom