• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

razterik

Victory! Ran Kirin/Valk/Echidna/Angelion/Hera-Is/Kirin with 17k HP.

Athena, round one. Blew past Gigas in two turns, got the drop. Death by Cu Chu when I got hit by Finale after healing to 8478, just shy of the 8524 he hits for. Quit.

Athena, round two. Stalled till last round on Gigas, setting up board. Wipe board for the kill, no drop. Boo. Much better heart orbs drop on Cu Chu, had to use Angelion only once early on. Poked him for minimal damage and healed for six rounds. Did a full Kirin activation for the kill which was a waste going into the next round. No drop. Nice board on Siegfried, but was short one blue orb. Luckily I had quite a few hearts and dark orbs. Spent about fifteen minutes moving individual orbs and matching hearts in the top corner. Used Angelion again here to give me a few extra turns. Hera-Is was one turn short of activation when I hit my big combo which took Siegfried down to about 250k. Short blue orbs again, but I had three turns to finish him off. Drop. Went into Athena missing one red orb. Hit her with delay, Hera-Is gravity, and both Kirin gravities. Matched out some dark orbs to drop some red. Had a big chunk of hearts already so I popped Valk and made three light combos along with everything else. Athena had just a sliver of life left and I got every orb I needed, so she was toast the very next round. Gold egg and we're done here.

This was fun, with every floor requiring a fairly different approach. Easiest descend I have done in a while, but that's probably due to the strength of this team.

Limit

Zero stoned Athena with my Anubis bros team. Yup.

I was on the verge of dying in every fight. Had to rely on cascading combos to meet the 10 combo criteria. It felt like I was playing with a more unhinged version of Ra team. Wasn't as bad as I expected.

I currently have my Level 98 Ra up but if anyone else wants to give their Anubis a spin, let me know and I will switch out Ra for level 87 Anubis.

Three stoned Athena.

Satan/d/d Hades/ duke vamp/ king baddie/Hera-is/satan

Everyone except the friend satan was lvl 50-ish friend satan was in its 70's.

RGG was burned through before it had a chance to attack,
chu chu got me for a stone because you can't heal back from his moves
Siegfried got me for two stones. Stalled for 23 turns (d/d hades, vamp and baddie had their skills up) and a blue orb cascade dropped, I had been stalling all the way to satan's active.

Took 5 turns to kill him, should have used hades to speed it up (Hera-is was about to activate, would have saved a stone)

Athena I let her get her shield up after minimal attacking, mainly to give Hera-is her last turn to charge). Hera-is, king baddie, vamp and wiped her out.

Probably some more HP and I could get through chu chu with no stone

Well shit. Mono fire team requires some serious red orb luck on the first 4 turns. I pulled off a 3x3 red combo and 10 combo overall on the first turn but then had barely any drop for me, so he killed me. Not sure if I'm gonna try the same team later or go with something else.

razterik

Two JP rolls. Berserk, which is fine. Long way from doing Two Heroes here. And Izanagi. Haha, right, like I can run full God teams yet.

Anyway, if someone wants to swap presents, I still have mine available on that side. Never got around to it. 216,157,048

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I won't lie, this dungeon is a bit of a rush right now - so exhilarating! I need to stall 7 more turns to get Hera and Hera-Is up. After that, I should be good to go. But now I'm full on puzzle mode to solve this board, haha.

cxAx9q9.jpg

E: OK, this is it - this is as far as the board goes without breaking it, haha. I'm proud of this. 1 turn left on Hera and Hera-Is.

Jagernaut

Well shit. Mono fire team requires some serious red orb luck on the first 4 turns. I pulled off a 3x3 red combo and 10 combo overall on the first turn but then had barely any drop for me, so he killed me. Not sure if I'm gonna try the same team later or go with something else.

Why did you quit? I'm using mono fire and used 1 stone on Gigas. Once Homura charged up I had enough fire orbs to finish him. I used Echidna to get through Cu Chulain's dark phase without dying and now I'm slowly stacking up red orbs to use against Siegfried.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I had to spend a stone on Sieg because I had too many light and fire orbs on the board...No dark or water, but what can you do? Athena was easy - I probably could have killed her faster, but I used Vamp + King too early. Ended up going gravity + Duke/King combo + gravity + Satan nuke. That put her below 15%, so her next turn was "The End is Nigh", so I was able to finish her off after that.

Overall, the real challenge of this dungeon lies in round 3. Round 1 is just a simple DPS race. Round 2 isn't hard if you have the team or get a little lucky with drops (play it smart). Round 3 is really about orb management and a lot of luck with cascades. Round 4 = easy.

Athena get! 3 stones spent due to lack of RNG orbs. Really need to get the rest of my heartbreakers up there. Ran with

Ra
D/D Hades
Shiva
Choo
Sig
Kirin

Sitting on a ton of light xp from yesterday. Doubt Athena will replace Valk as the 'go-to' farm team though.

Why did you quit? I'm using mono fire and used 1 stone on Gigas. Once Homura charged up I had enough fire orbs to finish him. I used Echidna to get through Cu Chulain's dark phase without dying and now I'm slowly stacking up red orbs to use against Siegfried.
I wasn't going to risk the RNG screwing me over and not giving me red orbs again. I'd rather refill stamina and get three chances than risk wasting a stone on the first round.

Radav

I was debating between using Ra or Kirin and went with Kirin for Athena.

My team was

Kirin - Echidna - Siegfried - Valk - Verche - Kirin.

I had to use 2 stones on Chu Chu cause of orb trolling. Otherwise the dungeon was not as bad as I had expected I debated about Siegfried's spot on the team for a while and settled on him. I'm not sure how you get away with using Hera-Is here. How do you stall enough against Siegfried to charge up her gravity?

I'm 300 xp from a level up so I'm definitely running this a few more times for potential skillups. I'll probably try out Ra next and see if I can just run the gauntlet with him. There's definitely enough opportunities to set your board up here that I should be able to do pretty well with Ra unless I get super unlucky with orb drops.

Jagernaut

I wasn't going to risk the RNG screwing me over and not giving me red orbs again. I'd rather refill stamina and get three chances than risk wasting a stone on the first round.

I beat the dungeon with mono fire using 4 stones total and also got Siegfried to drop. 1 on Gigas, 2 on Siegfried, and 1 on Athena. Once she was down to the green half I killed her in 1 move. If I had better fire and heart drops it could have been zero stones.

The hardest part was getting Siegfried down to the red half while only doing half damage during his blue phase.

I doubt many even have necessary team cost of putting together their desirable god team. These 60 cost descended dungeon Gods are creating a team cost inflation.

eh. I'm at 180 and have a cost of 196. You can fit a 60 cost lead and 4 30cost REM gods. I know there are quite a few around here that are WAY higher than I am.

Kreed

Made two attempts at Athena, the first time I went with Kirin and I screwed up because I mixed up the fact that it's Siegfried that doesn't attack you if you don't attack him and not Chu Chu and got killed from not being able to set up the board fast enough. Second time I decided to play it safe with my stamina and go mono fire/got the drop.

razterik

I'm not sure how you get away with using Hera-Is here. How do you stall enough against Siegfried to charge up her gravity?

Skill ups, mostly. But I did get 19 turns before Athena, so it's not impossible. A heart maker is really helpful, and you have unlimited chances to move orbs around without matching. If you get a decent amount of hearts and have luck with no sky combos while doing single matches, then you can go for quite a while. 30 turns would be pretty rough, though. That dark sub color is a big hinderance.

J0dy77

I had a similar experience to most so far. 2 stone clear basically because I was an idiot on Seigfried, caught an unlucky cascade on the first turn and did damage. Then dropped him to red too early and had to eat a couple stones to let Gravity charge. Cleared Athena on the last turn after she put up Aegis.

Used Horus/Kirin with Echidna, Hera-IS, Valk and Angelion. Not sure if bringing angelion was a good thing since she was only level 33. I did use the hearts to help clear a couple times on Siegfried though.

I'm kicking myself now!!! I burned all of my gold evo mats on Fuu yesterday because I thought Athena was green as a primary color. Going to take forever to level her.

What would be the ideal team with Athena lead? Maybe:

Athena
Zeus
Thor
Verche
Zeus Dios?
Athena

I know her skill is for light/green enhance, but you could really run any gods situationaly right?

I just don't want to have a light team, as the xp is brutal. Still havn't evolved to Verche or awokened Zeus yet...

J0dy77

I'm not sure how you get away with using Hera-Is here. How do you stall enough against Siegfried to charge up her gravity?

My Hera-IS is at 29 CD and I was able to charge her. I stalled a few turns on RGG, a couple on Chu and then did the rest on Seigfried. Angelion helped here and having two turns to get back over the 16k damage while he's Blue helped. Use echidna if you get stuck and burn a stone if you really have to. Having Hera/Kirin and echidna delay is more than enough to get through Athena.

Two JP rolls. Berserk, which is fine. Long way from doing Two Heroes here. And Izanagi. Haha, right, like I can run full God teams yet.

Anyway, if someone wants to swap presents, I still have mine available on that side. Never got around to it. 216,157,048

I'll add you. Need to exchange presents as well.

My planned Athena team is something like Athena, Zeus Dios, Artemis, Parvati, Freyja, Athena. Might sub in ADK for Parvati to create more green orbs.

Edit: Second try on Athena, one stone success with mono fire. Athena used Shining Spear to take away hearts 3 turns in a row so there was really nothing I could do. This was a case where I would have rather used a max skill Flare Drall than Homura. I never used Homuras skill for anything other than speeding it up.

Do I need to skill up Venus past the skill time on King Shynee/King Baddie, given the Venus as a sub outside healer / devil teams is pretty meh? You'd generally want to blast off Change the World at the same time as the 27x multiplier for maximum burst.

I am 3/21 on ECO collab skillups and it is very painful to spend 50 stam per skillup attempt when I am only rank 106 w/ like 70 max stamina. If I had 95 stamina or so I'd just chuck stones at it.

StMeph

Spent way more stones (five) than I would have liked. Still, better than 95% of REM rolls, so it's not that it wasn't worth it, just could have done better, if not for some bad boards.

Edit: I also didn't do the math for my team and Goemon, so I may have been a bit too conservative and waited until Athena switched to green before popping the Goemon + Freyr + Horus combo. Held Ares back, which meant that I didn't even use him -- I really should have during the light phase.

if you are going to make a video about burning 120 stones at least make it a yolo rollo vid pulling from the REM outside of godfest.

I thought I was courageous in doing a dual Anubis Athena dungeon run until I came across this video of some brave soul doing a all Byakko run. Total number of stones spent in this endeavor: 120.

I don't understand this at all. Why is he deliberately running a team that can not activate Byakko's leader skill? Why is he spending 120 stones? WHY WHY WHY??

Is there some sort of meta obsession with Byakko that I do not understand?

BlueSteel

Wellll tried a Satan team for the first time on Athena and was totally unprepared. I spent 5 stones + 1 replenished for clearing. Meh.

Wellll tried a Satan team for the first time on Athena and was totally unprepared. I spent 5 stones + 1 replenished for clearing. Meh.

Yeah Satan teams really requires Big baddie to be viable at Athena, Multiple gravities (which I fell victim too as well, should have used a gravity on Siegfried), you HAVE to stall on Siegfried for as long as possible) and then you can only use 1 grav on Athena (to maximize dark atk multiplier on the light portion) because 2 puts you just below 50%.

There are just so many variables on Athena with a satan team.

I got through with three stones, but I would have gone all the way up to 5.

In all fairness to Angelion, having one is pretty good for Healer teams.

The other five can go to hell, though.

When is Angelion getting healer subtype?

BlueSteel

Yeah Satan teams really requires Big baddie to be viable at Athena, Multiple gravities (which I fell victim too as well, should have used a gravity on Siegfried), you HAVE to stall on Siegfried for as long as possible) and then you can only use 1 grav on Athena (to maximize dark atk multiplier on the light portion) because 2 puts you just below 50%.

There are just so many variables on Athena with a satan team.

I got through with three stones, but I would have gone all the way up to 5.

When is Angelion getting healer subtype?

Yea completely forgetting to stall on siegfried was my one mistake. I knew I had to but I completely blanked. Basically if it weren't for some once-in-a-month combos I probably would've wiped out more.

Kreed

I thought I was courageous in doing a dual Anubis Athena dungeon run until I came across this video of some brave soul doing a all Byakko run. Total number of stones spent in this endeavor: 120.

Does Gungho have all of Japan's money yet?

In all fairness to Angelion, having one is pretty good for Healer teams.

The other five can go to hell, though.

If we do end up getting a skill up dungeon for Drawn Joker he could become a great Dark Team/Lucifer Team member.

Top Bottom