• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Hopefully both luci and byakko makes it to this player choice godfest..
On a side note, worth burning a few stones into Tower of jewel or?

Three stones and downed valk for my second valk..
Definitely harder than using a resist team, but a resist team takes age, and i don't have anymore that kind of patience

suko_32

Used a Blue Noel from previous offering and 4 kings:

2JPRQD.png

!!!!

Lf9Rf4.png

o_O

suko_32

Yup..
Pure dreamly rng...
Jackpot on noel dragon...
You won't get laid this Christmas, there's gotta be some sort of bilancing act

Well I got this lottery ticket and Christmas card on my desk from my boss that I haven't scratched...

Edit: Nope didnt win, false alarm

Kreed

Light/Dark Ra: no updated L.Skill, just stat buffs
Light/Light Ra (requires Angelits):
5 colors or 4 colors+heal: 4xATK
5 colors+heal: 7xATK

True Horus and True Isis are also getting stat buffs

I'm not really a fan of Gungho introducing these bad vs good ultimates with the angelits. Why even make the non Angelit versions if they're not going to do anything worthwhile with them? At least with Zeus' two paths, you had one path with light Angelits and another path with Dark and both got comparable upgrades. And Vampire's non angelit path gave him a nice enough boost that no one was claiming one version was better than the other. The same should have been done for Ra, Horus, and Isis.

thetechkid

Going through the Prison again I've managed to get everyone(including Joker) except for Slade, who I want most of all. I'm going to ruin this Dungeon until I get one Dammit!

To add to the ever-growing list of PAD "tricks", looks like you can hoard more than 50 rolls worth of PAL points by leaving mail containing PAL point presents unopened in your box until you want to splurge on something.

J0dy77

To add to the ever-growing list of PAD "tricks", looks like you can hoard more than 50 rolls worth of PAL points by leaving mail containing PAL point presents unopened in your box until you want to splurge on something.

Yup. I realized this after I wasted a mail at cap and thought to myself, "why am I opening these weeks before I want to use them?" Definitely don't this next time.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I wouldn't say this was an easy clear, but if you play it right, it's not nearly as bad as I was worried it would be. This was on Legend.

Haku - max level, +1 HP, no awakening
Dark/Water Duke - max level, 2HP/2ATK/3RCV, max skill, no awakening
DJ - max level, no +eggs, max skill, no awakening
Echidna - 91, 22HP/25ATK/19RCV, max skill, no awakening
BlOdin - 95, no +eggs, alvl 5
Haku friend - max level, 44HP/27ATK/31RCV, max awakening

As you can see, there's nothing too special there. BlOdin with alvl 5 was nice because of skill CD reduction. But really, you can farm the other subs without too much of an issue. I could dump so +eggs into Haku (or more into Echidna), but I'm saving the other 40 I have saved up for someone else...Just not sure who yet.

Goemon's a good lead for this now? I'll leave mine up. I guess I should check what the dungeon layout is like now.

Log, we are not friends! 399633290, Primary leaders are Luci and Valk. No Spike other than Ra, Anubis and Goemon...

EDIT: We were friends, my list just had not updated yet. Thanks and Using now.

I'm getting frustrated that I cannot seem to ever finish any of these Master dungeons or any of the Descended dungeons and all that. If I lay out my available monsters could someone perhaps help me build the best possible team? Via PM maybe?

Think I am starting to get impatient lol. I know i have about ....25-30m xp to get, so figuring out which monster to level first is my biggest " need ".

I'm getting frustrated that I cannot seem to ever finish any of these Master dungeons or any of the Descended dungeons and all that. If I lay out my available monsters could someone perhaps help me build the best possible team? Via PM maybe?

Think I am starting to get impatient lol. I know i have about ....25-30m xp to get, so figuring out which monster to level first is my biggest " need ".

use Imgr or another approved Photo hosting site and post directly in the thread. This is actually a fairly common request for box help.

Thanks Log 2 stone clear for Legendary, (I brought in too MUCH health, and did not realize that unevolved Bane would not put me into 20%)

Pretty nerve racking though, got two bane drops, and I want those for my Ra.

tempted to keep 1 Copperhead for Green poison, but I could just as easily run a blue team with a neptune and Black for a bunch of other poisons.

not keeping anything else, (except maybe a Deathstroke if I ever get some).

two pulls for player fest. gotta hold on the free stones for another this week...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm not sure it's worth me trying to skill my BlOdin up. Given that it's NOT a guaranteed encounter, I'm inclined to say no. Although, Expert IS guaranteed...Just a matter of getting the drop. I wonder if it will drop every time on 2x drop.

Here is my box.

People will definitely be posting to help you out. You have Karin, Ra, Artemis, and Okuninushi. You can DEFINITELY build some teams around them.

I'd say for subs, work on your Vamp, Echidna, Fairlio, and DJ. Echidna especially, but the others are really great when max skilled. I use Angelion and DJ on a LOT of my teams.

Hey guys, I've been playing pad for a while but just recently discovered this community and have been lurking around for a bit. I have a quick question, whats the consensus on running tower of jewel master? Is it worth it for the + eggs or just a stamina sink?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Hey guys, I've been playing pad for a while but just recently discovered this community and have been lurking around for a bit. I have a quick question, whats the consensus on running tower of jewel master? Is it worth it for the + eggs or just a stamina sink?

No. The best place for +eggs on any given day would be the dungeon that highest level dungeon you can run that is currently at 1.5x drop. There's no rhyme or reason to it - it's just that 1.5x drop = more drops = more chances for +eggs. Most folks run Tower of Jewel for the stone and then ignore it.

No. The best place for +eggs on any given day would be the dungeon that highest level dungeon you can run that is currently at 1.5x drop. There's no rhyme or reason to it - it's just that 1.5x drop = more drops = more chances for +eggs. Most folks run Tower of Jewel for the stone and then ignore it.

So tower of jewels is useless then? I do also want the dubmythlits and super golds, but what are appearance rates like?

I'm not sure it's worth me trying to skill my BlOdin up. Given that it's NOT a guaranteed encounter, I'm inclined to say no. Although, Expert IS guaranteed...Just a matter of getting the drop. I wonder if it will drop every time on 2x drop.

People will definitely be posting to help you out. You have Karin, Ra, Artemis, and Okuninushi. You can DEFINITELY build some teams around them.

I'd say for subs, work on your Vamp, Echidna, Fairlio, and DJ. Echidna especially, but the others are really great when max skilled. I use Angelion and DJ on a LOT of my teams.

Yeah Artemis is my most used leader. Have worked with her since the beginning. Built a pretty good mono-green team using max evo'ed starter stuff and the Echidna. Currently at Tower to the Sky in the normal dungeons. Seeing how far up in that I can get. I'm practicing with Karin and Okununishi teams in the endless corrider dungeon. Trying to get better at doing big combos all the time lol.

Like I said am likely just getting impatient, but am also likely not using my available monsters right.

Thanks Log 2 stone clear for Legendary, (I brought in too MUCH health, and did not realize that unevolved Bane would not put me into 20%)

Pretty nerve racking though, got two bane drops, and I want those for my Ra.

tempted to keep 1 Copperhead for Green poison, but I could just as easily run a blue team with a neptune and Black for a bunch of other poisons.

not keeping anything else, (except maybe a Deathstroke if I ever get some).

two pulls for player fest. gotta hold on the free stones for another this week...

Anytime, man. What'st he optimal HP you think? Anybody hit preemptively? Figure i'll try this later one today. Only thing I've got on my list to skill up is Hermes, though.

So tower of jewels is useless then? I do also want the dubmythlits and super golds, but what are appearance rates like?
bad, but anecdotally slightly less bad than SoS Expert on x2 drop

Whales tend to run the first floor of the fire conditional on Mondays, which with a Kagatsuchi is completely trivial and yields 16-17 +eggs/hour.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yeah Artemis is my most used leader. Have worked with her since the beginning. Built a pretty good mono-green team using max evo'ed starter stuff and the Echidna. Currently at Tower to the Sky in the normal dungeons. Seeing how far up in that I can get. I'm practicing with Karin and Okununishi teams in the endless corrider dungeon. Trying to get better at doing big combos all the time lol.

Like I said am likely just getting impatient, but am also likely not using my available monsters right.

There's a point in your time with PAD where you'll go from clearing nothing to clearing a few things to clearing EVERYTHING. It's very much a tiered experience. There are some Descended dungeons that I can't imagine 0-stoning as a non-IAP player. Kudos to those can reliably do so (Zeus Dios, 0-stone, non-IAP, being able to farm him....). You'll get there, but it takes getting a solid team together.

The Chinese Gods are growing to be some of my favorite. I only have Haku, but I love her. I mean, I love my Kirin (she can reliably 0-stone just about anything), but she's a little more involved. Ra is great, and his busty is going to be absolutely stupid (49x damage with Ra/Ra is #onetruegod level shit). Learning to use him will make your team composition less of an issue. You can get away with less than stellar subs when you're hitting for 36x damage.

Pretty terrible. The Facebook group tends to bitch about how bad the rates are. I haven't checked comments during this event yet, but I can only imagine they reflect the same level of disdain.

Anytime, man. What'st he optimal HP you think? Anybody hit preemptively? Figure i'll try this later one today. Only thing I've got on my list to skill up is Hermes, though.

Evolved Firefly hits preemptively, 3000 hp, so try to keep 3001 when going into the Evolved monster floors (2 and 5 I think). BANE and Deathstroke can "Invade" the other floors but they are an either/or on floor 6 no matter what.

I had 18422, and one Bane hit was 14k, put me right around 3900. I needed 3600 to get below 20% on that one. unevolved he has a three turn timer, so getting back up to tank it further down takes some effort but is doable. If I had been paying attention I would have saved a stone. first time had enough to heal up but did not on 1 timer because I did not realize I was above 20%, second stone was Heart orb fail, did it right the third time.

Evolved Grundy has multiple resurrections so you can charge on him easy (if you can tank his hit, It popped up as "STRONG" for me so I just killed him).
Evolved Copperhead shields preemptively but she is easy.
Evolved bane died on the second attack before attacking me (spawned with 2 turn timer).
Did not see Deathstroke.

Joker is a joke if you echidna and have some skills ready to go, or at least within 4 turn ready to go...
Evolved Bane is "Strong"

Zero_IYAD

Been along day for me..
Finally cleared Stone Dragons Dungeon & luckily got the drop in every level thus completing my Stone Dragons collection.

So, since I finally reached the last stage on both Normal & Technical Dungeons, is there any 'sane' way to run these last two stages 'Legendary Earth & Paradise of the Holy Beasts'?

bad, but anecdotally slightly less bad than SoS Expert on x2 drop

Whales tend to run the first floor of the fire conditional on Mondays, which with a Kagatsuchi is completely trivial and yields 16-17 +eggs/hour.

SoS? Which dungeon is that? I tend to run tier 5s and OoH and Starlight Sanctuary on weekends.

Ducarmel

Here is my box.
have you seen the unofficial pad forum on building those team?

best guide on mono green
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=4109

Okuninushi team is probably the strongest team you can build, I don't have him and he is new so people are still figuring him out but initial pad forum thread on Okuni

http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=23814

Here is a good chart on making a Chinese god team, Karin can do a lot of descends with farm-able subs.
http://freyja.wafflemonster.org/china_girl_teams.html

a thread with video example of her clearing descends.
http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=28898

But yeah you are impatient you are missing farm-able subs that can help make your teams stronger!

I think you should build a resist team and pair with an Odin friend for now and tackle hera and hera-is they are in this event, she is easy to get if your patient and lucky. Also two heroes is doable with mono green you just need to make sure you meet the hp/atk/rcv threshold.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I got a Valk this time, and hear everyone saying she can clear some stuff easy. What do I build around her?

Valk/Valk + Echidna/Angelion/Bastet/Shynee is my team. I'll swap Bastet for Siren sometimes. Also, I may flip BlOdin for Shynee if I don't need the multiplier burst. Example being Super metals, where having access to skills in 2 turns vs 5 can save my life.

I got a Valk this time, and hear everyone saying she can clear some stuff easy. What do I build around her?

Collect the following (in order):
Echidna - Fully evolve and level to about lvl 70 (stat increases after that are kind of useless) - max skill when available for farming, this will take a lot of time.
King SHYNEE - For Spike damage for healers
Siren - For turning, red orbs into hearts for more damage during spikes
then one of the following Utimate evolved monsters:
L/L Venus (Ultimate Evolve)
G/L Ceres (Ultimate Evolve)
L/L Amaterasu (Ultimate Evolve)
L/G Angelion (Ultimate Evolve) For turning, dark orbs into hearts for more damage during spikes
Another Valkyrie (Dark, Blue, or Light)

EDIT: Forgot Bastet, but there are other Options..
The ultimate evolved Monsters are REM only, and so are the two alternate valkyries.

by the way, how are you guys planning to tackle the potential beelzebub/twinlit dungeons? I haven't seen too much info on other websites and I'm trying to build a team for them.

Top Bottom