• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

J0dy77

I really REALLY hate Valkyrie dungeon. Tried Horus/Kirin this time around. Tried to stall on Masks and a green and blue cascade to wipe the board. Stalled on Mech get more cascades to wipe him. Then I pop echidna to focus on one of the Devils, get a huge cascade with a 5 match of light... wipe both of them. Wipe on Valk with no echidna and gravity 3 turns away. So frustrating.

They announced that one's coming, but the new trend of true/fake busties worries me about what the evo mats are going to require.

Also I posted a non-IAP build for Twinlits a few pages ago.

Sorry, haven't had a chance to go through this entire thread, over 100 pages is intimidating lol. Also, the true fake busties arent necessarily bad. You can always unevolve now since the cost is so low, just 5 lits, so you can start off with the fake form and evolve into the true one after you farm the twinlit. the "true" form isnt always the best either. I think the F/F horus might be better all around then F/L.

Yeah wasn't sure when exactly you started reading, but it's there.

Maxed out Neptune today with some luck with PAL king feedings, which makes two LV99 monsters. The existence of Super Kings makes this go by so quickly.

Kreed

Been along day for me..
Finally cleared Stone Dragons Dungeon & luckily got the drop in every level thus completing my Stone Dragons collection.

So, since I finally reached the last stage on both Normal & Technical Dungeons, is there any 'sane' way to run these last two stages 'Legendary Earth & Paradise of the Holy Beasts'?

I'm going to use George Claw M.D.'s strategy for Legendary Earth once I stop being lazy and level up some Ogres (I just have no desire for either of the drops in these dungeons).

Yeah. I'm sitting on 3 TAMADRAS and not sure what to use them on. The 2 Odins look like good candidates, but I don't use them much. But that could change with the new Awoken skills. That's probably why GH is updating some normal special dungeons to technical dungeons. Dual GrOdins with autoheal Awoken skills would be pretty broken in most normal dungeons. They could reduce a single 25K damage attack to just 1000 damage and autoheal it in a single turn. Add additional sub members with autoheal Awoken skills and you increase the damage you can take every turn.

I've even theorized a possible farm team for Celestial Black Dragon:

7H766CZ.png

Golem must be max skilled or 1 less if helper Odin only has 1 Skill Boost. Same for the Ogres. With all monsters having maximum Awakenings, this team has a total Skill Boost of 11, allowing the Ogres and Golem to activate their skills on the first turn. With Golem activated, each Ogre's skill will kill every High Dragon of the opposite color. The only flaw with this team is that it requires at least 1 Dragon to be the only one of its element to appear. So, if 2 Ruby and 2 Sapphires appear in the first battle, you'll need to sweep the round and hope you can single out 1 of the King Dragons in the next battle. You need something like 2 Ruby, 1 Sapphire, 1 Emerald, or 3 Emerald, 1 Sapphire so you can single out 1 Dragon while recharging all skills. Dual Odins with autoheal fully recovers HP every turn. As long as the dungeon starts out with a singled-out High Dragon the rest of the dungeon should be a breeze. Once both Odins are charged, it makes it even easier to manage the rest of the battles by eliminating all but 1 Dragon each round to recharge skills. In the boss round, 1-shot each of the side Dragons and slowly kill Zaerog with Odins' skills which should deal over 200K damage every 17 turns for maxed-out Odins without +ATK or skill-ups. Odins reduce Zaerog's attack to 4000 damage every 3 turns. Odins' autoheal will recover 3000HP in that span, so you only need to heal 1000 HP every 3 turns, which shouldn't be a problem. Even if only 1 Odin has autoheal, it shouldn't be hard to heal 2500HP every 3 turns.

Having a consistent farm team for Celestial Black Dragon would be great, but the most unreliable part will be finding GrOdin helpers with at least 1 Skill Boost Awakening. I might have to run a second account on another device to roll a GrOdin and Awaken him with 1 Skill Boost just to use as a constant helper for farming this dungeon.

For those who don't have Odin, once Nebradisk shows up you could use that instead (if only the Deathstroke monsters in the Batman Collab had Skill Boosts).

As for the last technical dungeon, outside of a x5 or more spike teams the only other 0 stone teams involve a Lucifer tank team with more than 65k HP to handle the Rainbow Keeper.

Limit

Another try at Batman legend with a Ra team, another failure because of me not being able to activate Ra. This time I went face to face with evolved Grundy and Firefly. The firefly's skill of changing random orbs to fire did me in.

I'm thinking maybe a combo multiplier like Robin or Anubis is more suited for this dungeon. The orb changers are a big roadblock for Ra.

Genji

0-stoned Valk legend and got the drop for my 2nd Valkyrie. Gave 2 shots at Batman on master with an low level Kirin team and managed to get to Joker both times but died after the first turn since I can't take a hit after he jams the board. Both times I got Bane and had to burn Echidna. Since it's a long running dungeon, I should have plenty of time to get some more levels for my team and/or get through to Joker without using menace where hopefully I can kill him in 3 turns.

xCobalt

0-stoned Valk legend and got the drop for my 2nd Valkyrie. Gave 2 shots at Batman on master with an low level Kirin team and managed to get to Joker both times but died after the first turn since I can't take a hit after he jams the board. Both times I got Bane and had to burn Echidna. Since it's a long running dungeon, I should have plenty of time to get some more levels for my team and/or get through to Joker without using menace where hopefully I can kill him in 3 turns.

Who do you use as your water sub? Ice Mech is a good defensive option for the 1/2 damage.

Tobe

to batman pull or not to. i really think a batman would do me good. im almost close to a mono dark. i would really like joker but i cant do master.

to batman pull or not to. i really think a batman would do me good. im almost close to a mono dark. i would really like joker but i cant do master.

I've done Joker Expert 3 times and have gotten jack shit. I just tried expert didn't manage my hearts and died.

Is there even a point in trying on expert?

J0dy77

All of the good Batman related mobs come from the REM. There are three low tier pulls that you're likely to get, the D/D Batman, Robin and Cat woman. Cat Woman comes out far too much and is trash but the other two are very good. Robin is definitely the one you want, he is a free clear on any Tri color dungeon in the game and a great Balance team member. D/D Batman is worth it as well to pair with Lucifer.

Definitely better than getting crap from the normal REM, much better chances.

Tobe

All of the good Batman related mobs come from the REM. There are three low tier pulls that you're likely to get, the D/D Batman, Robin and Cat woman. Cat Woman comes out far too much and is trash but the other two are very good. Robin is definitely the one you want, he is a free clear on any Tri color dungeon in the game and a great Balance team member. D/D Batman is worth it as well to pair with Lucifer.

Definitely better than getting crap from the normal REM, much better chances.

got robin from last time. so he is just sitting there cuz ive dumped all my green exp onto cu chu and getting dragon knight.

yeah just dont know. probably save the stones and wait on godfest meh.

I've done Joker Expert 3 times and have gotten jack shit. I just tried expert didn't manage my hearts and died.

Is there even a point in trying on expert?

no point, waste of exp just for a 5% drop chance. maybe try it on 2x but still master is usually the way to go.

Genji

Who do you use as your water sub? Ice Mech is a good defensive option for the 1/2 damage.

I was using a max level, but unevolved Hera-Is. Good idea on using the water mech, maybe I'll try to get him evolved in the next few days and see if I can use him to buy time on floors 6 or 7.

Kreed

Is there a fast/easy way to max skill Ogres? Or is it really that painful and requires lots and lots of lits?

Ogres get awoken skills once they hit their 3 Star forms, so all you need to do is farm 9 of them (1 to keep, two to feed for each), and then ultimate evolve the remaining three.

Uthred

Well 2 runs on Valk, thanks to packet sniffing I knew she would have dropped on the second run, but just didnt have the team for it. Blew 2 stones on the stage 4 demons before realsing it wasnt going to happen.

Anyhow, is there any point keeping the snow globe dragons if you have archangels of the same colour?

I'm going to use George Claw M.D.'s strategy for Legendary Earth once I stop being lazy and level up some Ogres (I just have no desire for either of the drops in these dungeons).

For those who don't have Odin, once Nebradisk shows up you could use that instead (if only the Deathstroke monsters in the Batman Collab had Skill Boosts).

As for the last technical dungeon, outside of a x5 or more spike teams the only other 0 stone teams involve a Lucifer tank team with more than 65k HP to handle the Rainbow Keeper.

I got a max awoken max level G odin and a couple of free friend spaces. pm me if you want my friend id.

Kreed

xCobalt

Just beat blackgate with my kirin team on legend. Had to spend one stone on floor 6. I ran into deathstroke and it seems like Bane would have probably been the easier encounter. Subs were Ice Mech, Verche, Valk and Echidna. Ice Mech definitely saved me after Grundy did that one stomp earlier in the dungeon.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Holy shit - "Strong" means an enemy hits for at least 80% of your maximum HP. It doesn't mean it will OHKO you or that it hits harder than normal.

Mind = blown.

The Ogres get Awoken Skills at 3 star, but you still need to ultimate evolve them so that they get Active Skills. Also each ogre has two ultimate paths, so you have to pick the right ultimates so that you have 3 different active skills for fire, water, and wood (their attack is based on their sub element).

Right - that's what I was asking. Is there a faster way to get those skill levels up. It looks like no...Just need to either gather a bunch of them when their dungeon shows up or just grind out the evo process.

Tried to bruteforce valk with monored..
I did 2heroes, goemon, take, hera-ur,athena with this team..
It costed me 4 stones on the 40% drop version and no drop..
I'm at my secondary home, so no way to check before hand for the drop...
Sigh

Check beforehand? How would someone do that??

Limit

Success with Robin for Batman legend!!! My Robin is 4 star version too. Had only 13.5 K total health but it was enough to survive a hit or two on situations where I failed to trigger the multiplier.

I am eagerly awaiting to hear news about Anubis's ultimate. If his combo trigger isn't scalable akin to Robin then I might have to do a few pulls at the Batman REM machine and acquire a second Robin that I can evolve and max out. He's great.

Need some help because Zeus descended without warning in JP and I haven't had the time to prepare a team that can low-stone him, plus I have a very shameful box
http://www.padherder.com/user/Green_Odins_Beard/

I have access to not-maxed Kirins and two swole Olympius Zeuses on my friends list. I was considering this team on the ZH wiki which is listed at 3 stones:
http://www.padherder.com/user/Green_Odins_Beard/teams/#11068
but seems super janky.
Eh, cosmo i sort of expected your box to be better :eek:

razterik

Another event, another failed Valkyrie run. I must have wasted at least 400 stamina on unsuccessful tries to get that stone. I don't even want the drop! I have lost with Horus, Kirin, Byakko, etc. Think I will just Valk the damn thing next time and be done with it.

Kyu

Neo Member
Holy shit - "Strong" means an enemy hits for at least 80% of your maximum HP. It doesn't mean it will OHKO you or that it hits harder than normal.

Mind = blown.

Right - that's what I was asking. Is there a faster way to get those skill levels up. It looks like no...Just need to either gather a bunch of them when their dungeon shows up or just grind out the evo process.

Evolved Kelpíe, Will-o'-wisp and Treants have the same Active skills as ogre but are cheaper to evolve

Zero_IYAD

Hmmm, guess I'll leave these two for later then.
Grabbing & skilling up the Ogres won't be that easy.

Kreed

Hmmm, guess I'll leave these two for later then.
Grabbing & skilling up the Ogres won't be that easy.

If you can easily farm Hera-Ur, two of the Ultimate evolved Ogres drop there. Otherwise the only other dungeons are Tengu and the Wood War Dragon dungeon.

Got Zeus using Kirin/Echina/Valk/DD Hades/Orochi/FL Horus. ~7 stones used; would have been 3 stones but the first run I somehow managed to go through BOTH confirmation screens saying I didn't want to continue, lol

J0dy77

So I screwed up on my JP account with the Christmas gift. Cleared and got the light version, really wanted dark. Pay attention for anyone playing on JP. Use Pad Guide to help determine which you want.

Top Bottom