• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Got Beelzebub with 1 stone due to me being dumb. Stalling was really easy on Tiamat but I grabbed the wrong stone right before clearing him and left one poison orb on the board. Left me in bad shape for Astaroth in round 3 and couldn't keep up the healing, used the stone here. Belial went down easy, was planning on using Echidna here but didn't have to. Popped Viper and burned him down, had about 10% when the delay wore off (couldn't get a cascade for the life of me). Tanked a hit, popped echidna and finished her off.

There is definitely a lot of time to stall on Tiamat for charging whatever you need to. Round 3 seems to be the tough part due to Astaroth's high defense or Amon's leader lockout for 4x HP teams.

Good luck.

In hindsight I should have done the same. I brought verche instead of Angelion but the extra healing and dark to hearts would have helped more. Need to finish leveling Angelion for these situations.

Edit 2: Have we heard anything on the godfest yet?

Still no Godfest info. Which is dumb.

E: My Beelzebub team. Kirin has like 40-50 +eggs (heavy RCV because that's what keeps dropping). Max skilled Echidna, Angelion, Valk.

1480773_10202849036935440_807844426_n.jpg

chrono01

Godfest information now live, according to Pad.Wikia.

Start: December 31st [12AM]
End: January 2nd [12AM]

Monsters:

Arch Angel Lucifer
Dark Angel Metatron
Odin
Hades
Kushinadahime
Incarnation of Kirin. Sakuya
Yomi
Horus
Viper Orochi
Bastet
Odin, the War Deity
Incarnation of Byakko, Haku
Venus
Umisachi & Yamasachi
Neptune

I'm definitely sinking a lot of Magic Stones into this one, considering I only have Kirin, Hades, and Blue Odin. The odds are relatively good that I'll [hopefully] get something new.

suko_32

I learned today that in Taiwan, Tower of Saviors is more popular than PAD. I guess Gungho messed up making PAD exclusive to Japan in the Asian region.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I learned today that in Taiwan, Tower of Saviors is more popular than PAD. I guess Gungho messed up making PAD exclusive to Japan in the Asian region.

I was going to try the game out, but when I downloaded it, there was no English language option. So...

linsivvi

Tower of Saviors is still really big in Chinese language areas. Gungho missed the boat, but then they are already swimming in money, so....

Monsters:

Arch Angel Lucifer
Dark Angel Metatron
Odin
Hades
Kushinadahime
Yomi
Horus
Viper Orochi
Bastet
Odin, the War Deity
Venus
Umisachi & Yamasachi
Neptune

I'm definitely sinking a lot of Magic Stones into this one, considering I only have Kirin, Hades, and Blue Odin. The odds are relatively good that I'll [hopefully] get something new.

The manual count was pretty accurate except Ama being replaced by Neptune . What an absolutely beast list of Gods.

J0dy77

Still no Godfest info. Which is dumb.

E: My Beelzebub team. Kirin has like 40-50 +eggs (heavy RCV because that's what keeps dropping). Max skilled Echidna, Angelion, Valk.

I run Hera-IS and verche most of the time, they both have very strong overall stats and the Gravity is nice. Now that Viper has the busty I'm going to use him over Hera-IS in some cases. Angelion is a more flexible sub than verche, better for dungeons where you need to constantly heal yourself.

J0dy77

It is being handed to a US company for US distribution and getting a name change. Now its dragon something.

Edit: Checked it. It is being renamed to "War of Dragons".

Wow, I just loaded War of Dragons and logged in with my Twitter account. It didn't synch the information from Tower of Saviors. I can't imagine how pissed people must be that spent money on the game. They can't be that shady, can they?

Jagernaut

Busted Beezlebub with Bastet/Valk/Venus/Parvati/King Shynee/Bastet. Had three poison resists and bounced off all but two attempts, including the full board change. Struggled a little with Belial, so used Venus and Shynee combo to down him. Stalled on the boss for a while thanks to poison resist and high RCV, but eventually ate a stone when poison got through and I could not out heal his next attack. Venus and Shynee came back shortly after and Beezlebub was burnt toast.

I used the same team (all max lvl and Valkyrie and Parvati were max skilled) and spent 3 stones. I also had to blow Shynee on Belial and stall on Beelzebub. The 60% poison resist saved me several times.

Flambe

Welp this is painful, 1 stone on Cerberus so far, 2 on Tiamat and heès not dead yet after 2 Kirin combos and I donèt have enough to tank his God Gaia breath. Angelion skill hasn't even popped yet I shouldn't have subbed that pos in instead of something with more hp/attack ugh

Not sure what kinda witchcraft is going on today but out of 3 Dragon Motley dungeons I got 3 drops and two skill ups. He's at level 5 now hope to max him before the even is over.

J0dy77

Welp this is painful, 1 stone on Cerberus so far, 2 on Tiamat and heès not dead yet after 2 Kirin combos and I donèt have enough to tank his God Gaia breath. Angelion skill hasn't even popped yet I shouldn't have subbed that pos in instead of something with more hp/attack ugh

Ouch, Angelion is only worth subbing in if you have her max level and the rest of the team can compensate for her lack of HP/ATK. Are your other mobs maxed? Good luck.

xCobalt

There isn't really a point in spending a stone against Cerberus. Considering you made 0 progress on the dungeon, you're better off refilling your stamina and get a couple more runs in.

Flambe

Stamina isn't over 100 anyway so wasn't worth it lol.

Yeah my Angelion is 44 and my team isn't close to max level or with much in the way of + eggs.

2 more stones on Astaroth and 1 on Belial but i'm finally at Beelzebub o.o

Took down Beelzebub with a Valk Healer team.

Valk/Valk/Angelion/King Shynee/Echidna/Valk

I stall on rd 2, but due to the always active 9x multiplier, you gotta be careful not to do too much damage before you're ready, or you could eat a high damage attack, killing your team. It's also safer on the first rd than Kirin, since you only need 3 Light orbs on the board to kill 1 or both Cerberus, instead of needing 4 colors. Rd 3 use Angelion as necessary to survive whether you're facing Amon or Astaroth. Pop Echidna in case of certain death like no Hearts on the board. Rd 4, try to kill Belial, saving Angelion and/or Echidna if possible. You must save King Shynee or you have no chance of killing Beelzebub without continuing. On Beelzebub, pop Echidna if she's active, and spend a turn setting up the board for a 1-turn kill with King Shynee. If you used up Echidna to survive a previous battle, just hope you can kill Beelzebub before he kills you. If you don't take off at least 80+% of Beelzebub's health with your King Shynee attack, you're likely dead, because his element will switch to Water and you won't be doing enough damage to kill him in time, once your skills are used up.

I don't think this team is good enough to consistently farm this dungeon, though. I farmed 4 Beelzebubs, but had to use a few stones along the way, including 1 when a King Shynee attack barely took off over 50% of the boss' health, and couple on rd 2, when I accidentally got Tiamat below 50% health without killing it. The team doesn't have enough HP to survive his sub-50% health attack. The Kirin team Nicoga posted seems like it would better for every rd after the first.

On dungeons like the legendary mech dragon is the Master drop rate over 2x the Expert drop rate? Or should I just run the Expert level twice instead of the master once. I'm guessing Master is much higher drop rate, but curious.

Also got 2/3 with dragon motley and both of them skilled up my Drawn Joker lol. Wish my Echidna would receive that kind of treatment. Probably fed 10+ to my echidna with nothing to show for it.

Flambe

Beelzebub down, 8 stones total but I've blown a shitload more than that on crappier rem rolls so /shrug I guess.

Was my first time seriously using a Kirin team, quite a difference from 2x Luci that I've had to use so far to grind descends down I like it =] I didn't have many problems nailing the combos, just messed up one of them but overall ATK was too poor to destroy as well as they should lol.

linsivvi

On dungeons like the legendary mech dragon is the Master drop rate over 2x the Expert drop rate? Or should I just run the Expert level twice instead of the master once. I'm guessing Master is much higher drop rate, but curious.

Also got 2/3 with dragon motley and both of them skilled up my Drawn Joker lol. Wish my Echidna would receive that kind of treatment. Probably fed 10+ to my echidna with nothing to show for it.

Much higher. Master's drop rate is 40% but should wait for 2x to run it regardless.

Nista

In case any of you guys want iTunes points for the upcoming godfest, Safeway has a deal of 15$ off 50$ cards. Have to use the club card online deals website, ends today.

xCobalt

I got both Cerberus and Beelzebub in my first run. Thinking of levelling Cerberus instead for my Satan team just because of its Awakening skills. The enhanced rows will give my team a total of 90% extra damage when I clear a row and the skill boost isn't too bad. Not sure what the drop rate is like though. Either I run it a few more times and just feed it my Tamadras.

Kouriozan

Hey guys, guess which monster I got, after like 5 days of re-rolling non stop.

FINALLY!
Phew, that was worth it, at least :)
Time to play seriously!

Oh, and my ID if there is any EU player who wants me : 744,743,240.
Shame you can't add US player.

Tobe

Hey guys, guess which monster I got, after like 5 days of re-rolling non stop.

FINALLY!
Phew, that was worth it, at least :)
Time to play seriously!

Oh, and my ID if there is any EU player who wants me : 744,743,240.
Shame you can't add US player.

iron will mate, i could only handle re rolling for 2 days. and it wasnt non stop. eventually landed an I&I which i evolved but i dont use at all. nor my gods that i got at my first godfest, i do see myself using in the near future. also with kushi you are basically set on weekend dungeons.

Kouriozan

iron will mate, i could only handle re rolling for 2 days. and it wasnt non stop. eventually landed an I&I which i evolved but i dont use at all. nor my gods that i got at my first godfest, i do see myself using in the near future. also with kushi you are basically set on weekend dungeons.

Thanks, I really wanted to go far in this game :)
I thought Idunn and Idunna were great too.

I was slowly starting to give up and wait a Godfest :lol

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
If there's one thing about PAD that really sucks, it's the fact that the starting roll is so important. Kudos on you for that Kush. I would love to roll her during the Player's Choice fest coming up.

Genji

Hey guys, guess which monster I got, after like 5 days of re-rolling non stop..

Congrats, that's a great starter :)

In case any of you guys want iTunes points for the upcoming godfest, Safeway has a deal of 15$ off 50$ cards. Have to use the club card online deals website, ends today.

Just picked one up. Thanks for the heads up!

I'm passing on the Beelzebub descend this time around. I think it would take 3+ stones at least with Kirin, but would rather use them to level that team up. If I had a dark meta team ready to go I'd probably give it a roll. Have had horrible luck getting tamadras.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
11 supers, 12 kings. Not bad. Also ended up going from 300k to 2mil coins with the extra stam after 2 runs of super emeralds.

Weekend goal: 5mil monies.

Kouriozan

Thanks guys, tried some weekend dungeon, trolol, poor monsters.
Yeah, Meimei was nice but I couldn't trigger her skill everytime, and now it's easy to get at least 3 combo, my average is 4/5 anyway.

Wait, can a mono red team take down beelzebub?

Spent about 150 stamina on enchilada dungeon yesterday. It netted 4 nagas, which gave 1 skill-up to max my 2nd enchi.

Final enchilada is at 14 turn cool down. Will be great to finally be done with this dungeon whenever this last one is maxed.

Amon37

Monsters:

Arch Angel Lucifer
Dark Angel Metatron
Odin
Hades
Kushinadahime
Yomi
Horus
Viper Orochi
Bastet
Odin, the War Deity
Venus
Umisachi & Yamasachi
Neptune

I would like someone who requires matching for attack up like kirin or Horus. Having a Luci/grav team has almost gotten a little boring.

These busties will make her worth while, definitely. Although the Yellow/Yellow busty will have to wait a while since it requires to light twinlits that will have priority elsewhere.

Be very careful with a Goemon team. It sounds like Log avoided evolved firefly on round 3. He has a chance of spawning with Grundy and the green mob (forget his name). Firefly does a preemptive attack for almost 3k damage so if you're in the 20% health range you need to be real careful.

Could have sworn I ran into at least one of these on the third floor of either legend or master. Either I healed to accommodate for the hit, or my 20% was enough to buffer a hit. Hmmmm

I would not mind pulling any of those monsters.

Granted: some are more desired than others (Kirin, Horus, A&I, kushi, bastet)

The only dupes I can draw are AA Luci, Neptune, and Hades. Hades and Neptune would not be terrible to get another one, and a second Luci would be kind of crazy.

Still I am hoping for a match monster, Ra and Anubis are just too difficult to pull off consistently.

coy

I keep forgetting to not run descends when I am unsober. I started Beelzebub in the morning but had to pause during Amon to hit up this holiday party I am at. I stupidly forgot to finish the run before partaking so, 4 stones later, got him to drop. 3 of them were on Belial as I could not score a 6x combo to save my ass so forget about 7x. The fourth was on Beelzebub when I cleared poisons but did not heal up. Stupid things that can be rectified. I will hit this up again in the future for Cerberus.

Flambe

Hmm Godfest.

Only ones I don't have are Hades, Horus, Bastet, BlOdin, and Umi&Yama.

Would be nice to get Bastet and see what everyone's talking about and Blue Odin I suppose hmm. Or just dupes to feed for Awakenings or alternative Busties if applicable o.o

Jagernaut

I'm not going to make many pulls in the godfest since I have 10 out of the 15 gods already. I'm missing:

Hades
Kushinadahime
Yomi
Umisachi & Yamasachi

I would really like Kirin and Yomi, but chances are high for me to get dupes of gods I already have.

I would also like Hanzo and Gryps Rider for my Dark Metatron team and Angelion to replace CoC Glorious Healer on my Valkyrie team.

Picked up Beelzebub today with the Haku team. Had to use 1 stone on Beliel, but got one back by clearing it. Not sure I have a use for him at the moment. Fun dungeon though.

Limit

I have 53 stones lying around. All free. I will continue to refrain from pulling in any godfest until Gungho introduces first batch of tricolor monsters.

As always, I am aiming for Kirin. I wouldn't mind getting any Odin or Metatron, either, since I don't have any of them.

Other than that, I think I have all the others, save for Ra. Another Horus would be pretty neat, too, since I can then do both busties.

Zero_IYAD

Zeus-Dios, get +_+

tumblr_mykeh8TFaH1srgzyyo1_500.jpg

This is without a doubt THE HARDEST dungeon in the game!
All rounds went pretty smoothly till the last one.
Zeus-Dios deals huge damage so I had to get at least 5 combo including hearts to heal EVERY TURN.
Also his defense is crazy so the only REAL damage I can do is by shooting gravities & MS then stall again for them to charge!
Any orb trolling or misses means burning a stone.
Also things get really REALLY hard once he hits the 2nd half of his HP, dealing damage up to 37500, so healing becomes harder & harder.
Got his god damn drop after tons of turns & burning 7 stones :|

Top Bottom