• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Bastet's first 2 awakenings, poison resist and extra half second orb movement are very useful. I'm going to use a Bastet/Bastet healer team tomorrow for Beelzebub.

That's why I'm considering it. I COULD evo my 2nd Bastet for it, but that feels like a lot of wasted mats.

J0dy77

I just switched to iOS and am honestly thinking of keeping my android phone around just to play p&d so I don't have to reroll again.

There's a recovery feature that is supposed to be in place to allow you to transfer between platforms. I thought it was active already but Nico has been having a problem with it. Might want to try contacting Gungho support.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
There's a recovery feature that is supposed to be in place to allow you to transfer between platforms. I thought it was active already but Nico has been having a problem with it. Might want to try contacting Gungho support.

To my knowledge, it's not available in US. I ask on their FB page almost every day...

E: But if the ability to copy data files makes it so you can do it, that would make my decision to finally switch easier.

You think having 2 Bastet is worth it? Like, her eating up a second slot vs someone else?
It's just an option. But after feeding lots of Gods/Rares for skill-ups, then getting burned when GungHo introduced awakenings and multiple ultimate evos, I keep at least 2 copies of every God just in case. So, I'd rather keep a second Bastet on the side than feed her for an awakening/skill-up. If you have better subs than a second Bastet, by all means use them instead.

Limit

So it must be my 200 re-roll now, it taught me one thing :
Never, ever spend a dime on that game, 95% of the time you get crap monster, and when god show up, it's the least useful ones >.<

Oh well, I won't give up, I've been re-rolling for 3 days straight, 3/4 hours per day, I'm not going to stop now.
Also, I feel like I'm the only EU player on GAF x)

This guy.

Ducarmel

Is two pronged attack worth investing a Tamadra for?
It has its pros and cons, Its useful if you are planning to ohko every floor that has more then 1 enemy, but useless against single bosses and if you stall a lot. So it depends on your play style and dungeon.

J0dy77

I just switched to iOS and am honestly thinking of keeping my android phone around just to play p&d so I don't have to reroll again.

To my knowledge, it's not available in US. I ask on their FB page almost every day...

E: But if the ability to copy data files makes it so you can do it, that would make my decision to finally switch easier.

I'm not familiar with the exact files for Android but I am familiar with both OS. I would be surprised if it was the same file and process for backup and restore.

Jagernaut

Another 6 sapphire runs and I got 3 kings, 4 highs, and 1 Tamadra (my third of the day).

Just enough xp to max out my ultimate Orochi.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thinking of running Kirin/Kirin + Angelion/Valk/Echidna/BlOdin tomorrow. Saw a vid of the build on YouTube and it looks relatively straightforward.

E: In case anyone wants to see the video, here it is.

Tobe

Thinking of running Kirin/Kirin + Angelion/Valk/Echidna/BlOdin tomorrow. Saw a vid of the build on YouTube and it looks relatively straightforward.

E: In case anyone wants to see the video, here it is.

that looks fairly easy, guessing the worst part is the 1st and 2nd floor. that bind was fucked up.

BlueSteel

What do you think about:

Artemis (non bustied)
Awoken Zeus Dios
Fully awoken Awoken Odin
Parvati with one awakening
Busty angelion
Fully awoken bastet?

For beelzebub? Two poison reducers, decent HP due to artemis, and possible 8x damage. The only thing would be the RCV right?

xCobalt

What do you think about:

Artemis (non bustied)
Awoken Zeus Dios
Fully awoken Awoken Odin
Parvati with one awakening
Busty angelion
Fully awoken bastet?

For beelzebub? Two poison reducers, decent HP due to artemis, and possible 8x damage. The only thing would be the RCV right?

Don't think this will work. How will you deal with the fourth floor? You have to take down Belial in 3 turns and it starts off as fire.

Totakeke

Prepping for my first descend which will be Hera for this week, I can now field a team like this.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/sim....1.0.0.0.0..432.1.1.0.0.0.0..363.99.1.0.0.0.0..

10.5k HP, 2.5k rcv, one max skilled siren, seems to be mostly there. So the question is what should I work on for the next few days to increase my survival chances?

For the 3rd/4th slot, I put Parvati and a leek there right now but there's alternatives I could work on. I grabbed a Naga today, won't be able skill her up much if any but could level her up. I could also level up a Pierdra to DJ next few days as I need him anyway. I could also work on Angelion on both evo and skills but since he uses dark orbs probably the worst option out of these. I also have a Rainbow Keeper to put here.

So it seem like either Rainbow Keeper or Leek for the 3rd, and either a Parvati or Drawn Joker for the 4th depending on how much I could skill him up. Or should I put in an unskilled Echidna anyway?

For the 2nd slot, would a BAO Venomous Copperhead be a better slot in than Top Droidragon? It seems like the latter is only useful for Neptune but the former could help in the early waves as well.

J0dy77

that looks fairly easy, guessing the worst part is the 1st and 2nd floor. that bind was fucked up.

Looks are deceiving.

I have no clue how I'm getting to through this dungeon. No time to stall and need the gravity for Beelzebub. If I get Astaroth on the third floor it's going to be real trouble with no armor break or Ra.

I'm thinking of going with the old staple team viper/echidna dual delays with Horus/Kirin leads. I'll probably have to throw stones at it but will be worth it.

xCobalt

Prepping for my first descend which will be Hera for this week, I can now field a team like this.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/sim....1.0.0.0.0..432.1.1.0.0.0.0..363.99.1.0.0.0.0..

10.5k HP, 2.5k rcv, one max skilled siren, seems to be mostly there. So the question is what should I work on for the next few days to increase my survival chances?

For the 3rd/4th slot, I put Parvati and a leek there right now but there's alternatives I could work on. I grabbed a Naga today, won't be able skill her up much if any but could level her up. I could also level up a Pierdra to DJ next few days as I need him anyway. I could also work on Angelion on both evo and skills but since he uses dark orbs probably the worst option out of these. I also have a Rainbow Keeper to put here.

So it seem like either Rainbow Keeper or Leek for the 3rd, and either a Parvati or Drawn Joker for the 4th depending on how much I could skill him up. Or should I put in an unskilled Echidna anyway?

For the 2nd slot, would a BAO Venomous Copperhead be a better slot in than Top Droidragon? It seems like the latter is only useful for Neptune but the former could help in the early waves as well.

Leek isn't very useful here. It has decent recovery but the amount you need to heal isn't a lot since Odin/Resist will mitigate a lot of damage. Rainbow Keeper will definitely be a better choice since it will be useful if you run out of health orbs and need some time to clear the board. The fourth slot should go to whoever has the lowest cooldown timer, imo. I think the second slot should be Droid due to its high hp. It could give you some leeway in charging skills and surviving round 1.

BlueSteel

Don't think this will work. How will you deal with the fourth floor? You have to take down Belial in 3 turns and it starts off as fire.

I saw on PDX there was an artemis and freyja build. Well, I don't have freyja, and unfortunately my athena can't be evolved since I don't have any keepers to do so, so I replaced her with parvati to get the poison resistance.

My guess is the damage would've come from the enhanced orbs from freyja and artemis...

hmmm.

Limit

All these orb changers in Beelzebub dungeon are so intimidating for someone like me who is planning on running a Ra team. I might just go for a Anubis Robin combo instead.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
All these orb changers in Beelzebub dungeon are so intimidating for someone like me who is planning on running a Ra team. I might just go for a Anubis Robin combo instead.

Damage output isn't that high, so it's not terrible. Healing through 10k hits is very manageable with a high level team.

Speaking of which, I maxed Echidna, Angelion, and BlOdin in perpetration for Beelzebub. I would have maxed some more blue dudes if I wasn't down to 300k monies. Ugh.

coy

There's a free Tamadra tomorrow, right? How about we both drop them into our Bastets and team up for poison resist?

Holy shit I cannot believe it but I got not 1 but 2 tamas to drop today! I had 3 total before today so this nearly doubled me up. Spent the first on Bastet even though I told myself that I'd spend my first 5 on G.Odin. Both times were 1 tama / 3 sapphires so I couldn't believe my luck again. I am thinking of putting tomorrow's freebie to finish off G.Odin for the autoheal as opposed to the +time for Bastet. I will sleep on it and see how I feel in the morning.

xCobalt

1 Stoned Beelzebub with my Kirin team. Subs were Echidna, Verche, Valk and Gabriel. Had to use a stone against Amon since it converted my health orbs. I probably could have avoided using the stone if I stalled a couple more turns against Tiamat. Beelzebub was pretty easy. Used both Kirins, activated Echidna and was able to nuke him down before he could attack.

Limit

And done. 2 stones used on Beelzebub with my Ra - Ra team. Nothing else dropped except for Beelzebub himself. I used first stone on stage 3 where Amon froze both Ras and halfway through him I had lingering jammer and poison orbs lying around. That did me in. 4th stage went smoothly and 5th was going so too but Beelzebub just has too much health to be taken out by 2 consecutive x36 combos. He had 30% health left when Echidna's skill wore off and used his full screen poison orb ability. One stone used there.

That x49 Ra boost can't come soon enough.

BlueSteel

Two-stoned Beelzebub with

Artemis (lvl 52)
Zeus Dios (lvl 31)
Awoken Odin (Max)
Angelion (lvl 42)
Parvati (56) with poison awakening
Bastet with poison resist

I had around 27k HP, and recovery was decent (along with the extra 500 autorecovery from odin)

I had to waste a stone on Belial since it took 6 turns. Also lost a stone foolishly using jupiter rising. Turning the entire board green would've bene great with freyja, but I forgot that bastet is activated by combos.

Not too bad. Poison resist saved my ass when he tried to turn the whole board green. In retrospect, I should've saved zeus dios' skill for that turn. Could have saved me one stone.

Oh, and I should mention that I got astaroth instead of amon.

Holy shit I cannot believe it but I got not 1 but 2 tamas to drop today! I had 3 total before today so this nearly doubled me up. Spent the first on Bastet even though I told myself that I'd spend my first 5 on G.Odin. Both times were 1 tama / 3 sapphires so I couldn't believe my luck not once but twice. I am thinking of putting tomorrow's freebie to finish off G.Odin for the autoheal as opposed to the +time for Bastet. I will sleep on it and see how I feel in the morning.
Thank you for upping your Bastet. My plan totally worked, and I used your friend leader to down Beelzebub. It wasn't full poison immunity, but two resists was good enough that Beelzebub ended up wasting a ton of his turns, trying—and failing—to poison.

Team:

Bastet (1 awakening)
Zeus-Dios
Izanagi
Rose Valk
Parvati
Bastet (1 awakening)

These are all evolved and max level, except for Izanagi, who is level 75. Izanagi's skill is useful against Belial, since his and the first round were the trickiest.

Zero_IYAD

Beelzebub, get!

tumblr_myif2mTviT1srgzyyo1_500.jpg

A super lucky run, triggered x16 more than expected xD
Had to stone the round with Astaroth tho..
But not bad at all considering I got that stone back for clearing the dungeon!
I really have to skill up Valkyrie, when will they give us Poring Tower again -_-

NineH

I just finished maxing my echidna. took 9 nagas today for two skill ups. now to level her all the way, and to get 297 eggs. she's my pet project on this game.

I must be part of the select group which Echidna hates as I went 0/12 today and I am on my last skill up for around 3 months now. One day I'll get it, I hope.

razterik

Busted Beezlebub with Bastet/Valk/Venus/Parvati/King Shynee/Bastet. Had three poison resists and bounced off all but two attempts, including the full board change. Struggled a little with Belial, so used Venus and Shynee combo to down him. Stalled on the boss for a while thanks to poison resist and high RCV, but eventually ate a stone when poison got through and I could not out heal his next attack. Venus and Shynee came back shortly after and Beezlebub was burnt toast.

Got Beelzebub with 3 stones, first round didn't have any blue orbs so I couldn't get a multiplier going, Amon didn't give me any hearts and Belial had just few pixels worth of HP left when he did his attack. Beelz went down easily though with the help of D/W Batman, love that guy.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm going to dive into Beelzebub after my phone charges a bit. Also set my PADGuide for my supers at 5. Glad I finally have a fair slot this time!

So...
Beelzebub down with an hefty 9 stone tally..
1 on cerb
1 fuck up at astaroth
Rest on Belze.. Had no counter for sea of dark mist..
Party?
Usual monored

linsivvi

Yesterday:
Got 2 nagas in the first run, no skill up.
After 14 or so runs got 3 nagas, and 2 skills up from that (and a super 2x exp to boot)!
Decided to quit while I am ahead. Only 1 more skill up to go.

Beelzebub:
Team: Horus/Echidna/Hera-Is/Valkyrie/Rainbow Keeper/Kirin

Round 1: First attempt got orb screwed.
Second attempt got orb screwed again, but the cascade saved me.

Round 2: Basically 4 turns between attacks. Charged everything.

Round 3: Finger slipped twice against Astaroth. 2 stones.

Round 4: Got Belial down to a sliver of health so I waited until the last possible turn to kill him but failed to pull the combo. And then it happened again. 2 more stones. Grrrrr.

Round 5: Beelzebub himself was easy enough. Gravityx2, Rainbow Keeper after 2nd turn and used Menace when he's about the poison the screen. So totally spent 4 stones but could've cut it down to 1.

Nista

I think I'm going to save my stones this time and wait until I have better subs for a Bastet team for Beelzebub. I could probably do a Horus/Kirin team, but I tend to screw up my combos when it's all on the line like that.

Radav

Took down Beelzebub with a Kirin team using:

Apollo - Viper Orochi - Echidna - Valk

Swept first wave (got cerberus drop!), stalled on Tiamat until I had 5 turns left for Orochi to be ready. Used Echidna here but had to use a stone due to bad orb trolling. Killed Belial within his 3 turns. Then popped Orochi, Kirin Grav. x2, Apollo and pretty much blew him up. Killed him on the next turn. Definitely could zero stone it without having bad orb trolling.

Tobe

Gaf
nTnwZlQ.jpg

Is this real life???? I've ran the dungeon at least 5 times and I'm sure I'm 5/5. Only one skill up tho. Btw do you feed them 1 by 1 or you gather them and feed them all?

J0dy77

Got Beelzebub with 3 stones, first round didn't have any blue orbs so I couldn't get a multiplier going, Amon didn't give me any hearts and Belial had just few pixels worth of HP left when he did his attack. Beelz went down easily though with the help of D/W Batman, love that guy.

Got Beelzebub with 1 stone due to me being dumb. Stalling was really easy on Tiamat but I grabbed the wrong stone right before clearing him and left one poison orb on the board. Left me in bad shape for Astaroth in round 3 and couldn't keep up the healing, used the stone here. Belial went down easy, was planning on using Echidna here but didn't have to. Popped Viper and burned him down, had about 10% when the delay wore off (couldn't get a cascade for the life of me). Tanked a hit, popped echidna and finished her off.

There is definitely a lot of time to stall on Tiamat for charging whatever you need to. Round 3 seems to be the tough part due to Astaroth's high defense or Amon's leader lockout for 4x HP teams.

Good luck.

And done. 0-stoned with relative ease. Max skill Echidna and Angelion were clutch.

In hindsight I should have done the same. I brought verche instead of Angelion but the extra healing and dark to hearts would have helped more. Need to finish leveling Angelion for these situations.

Edit 2: Have we heard anything on the godfest yet?

Totakeke

Gaf
nTnwZlQ.jpg

Is this real life???? I've ran the dungeon at least 5 times and I'm sure I'm 5/5. Only one skill up tho. Btw do you feed them 1 by 1 or you gather them and feed them all?

Stop while you're ahead... I've run it about 25 times and only got 4 drops.

Top Bottom