• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Tobe

Fuck, I was planning on doing Hera today but I'm not sure if I can anymore.

I'm lacking a poison monster for Neptune...

Here's the notable monsters in my box: http://www.padherder.com/user/BCHero/

Dafuq do I do? :(

there was a post that was intended for me last page (doing50ppp) odin/resist team, you have it better than me tho. you got mk III which is better than my black baron. tho you should really try to evolve drawn joker to jester.

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=8266

also a max awoned grodin would really help me add please :) you can delete me after hera.

369376278 Tobe@gaf

Noirulus

there was a post that was intended for me last page (doing50ppp) odin/resist team, you have it better than me tho. you got mk III which is better than my black baron. tho you should really try to evolve drawn joker to jester.

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=8266

also a max awoned grodin would really help me add please :) you can delete me after hera.

369376278 Tobe@gaf

I was hoping not to go with an Odin/resist team :| Luci teams are so safe... :X

Maybe I'll have to...

Added you. Can't max my Awoken Odin but I hope he'll still be of use to you

Noirulus

I've got another team that I might be able to take, I need some opinions on it though.

SoD Luci
Dark Golem Mk. III
Drawn Joker
Underlord Hades
Snow Globe Dragon Rouge
SoD Luci

I can use Golem's skill to bring down Neptune's def to 18k, pop Rouge's skill for (27k-18k) damage and take Neptune out with some grinding.

Are there any holes in this plan?

Edit: Shit, Rouge will only do half the damage because it's fire vs water...

thetechkid

BoluJ3Yl.png

Well I finally did it, I had no business doing that dungeon but I got extremely lucky. My monsters were very under leveled, I got lucky on levels 1-4 and only ran into two synched monsters, never had a short supply of hearts that couldn't be dealt with by JD or Siren, and random lucky combos helped me do it.

Amon37

Anyone have a high level grOdin available when Hera Descended pops?

I tried a two test runs on Endless Corridor, the team works but definitely have to pay a lot more attention than I did because I died to Venus running out of heart orbs. Once you miss one it's a downward spiral.

I'll put mine up not sure if we are friends.

Gaf!
39 maxed dark pengdra and 38 dragon seed
18 maxed gold pengdra and 21 gold dragon
7 maxed Wood pengdra and 19 Wood dragon
70 maxed water pengdra and 160 water dragon
29 maxed red dragon and 40 red dragon

This thursday!!!!!
Ah yeah, forgot to add 9 super Wood king and 8 Wood king... But to use this i need some material to evo my highlander first :/

Totakeke

I have a max leveled, fully awoken Odin +118 for anyone that needs him.

I'll put mine up not sure if we are friends.

Thanks. In the end I used a lvl 53 Odin friend because apparently I can't send any more friend invites (sent a bunch for odins). Did the descend with 0 stones, the skilled up DJ and Siren helped a ton at Hera since I was constantly without enough heart orbs doing 3-5 combos a turn. The grind is no joke at 2 hours, don't think I've ever had to do something like this in another game before and it sure is tiring.

Now to do another one to get another Hera...

J0dy77

So I started playing this a few weeks ago casually thinking it was a fun distraction now and then, but after levelling up my Horus a bit and being able to pull off 4x combos somewhat consistently I think it has hooked me.

Maybe a silly question, but do you get the 1.5x fusion bonus if you feed a sub-element monster? e.g. feeding a green monster to Umisachi&Yamasachi?

Welcome to the addiction. ;)

Should i farm hera for skillup chance?
My hera team is the common resist team, so it' sa 2 hour run for a chance for a skillup..
Seems a bit excessive....

razterik

No. It's soul crushing enough doing ten runs in an hour and getting no skill ups. Taking all day for that isn't worth it. Wait till you can field a faster farming team.

No. It's soul crushing enough doing ten runs in an hour and getting no skill ups. Taking all day for that isn't worth it. Wait till you can field a faster farming team.
Issue is i've got many team possible..
I've got every piece of ra, horus, kirin, 9xdevil,genbu, valk, devil tank, goemon..
I just have to decide what to focus on...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Issue is i've got many team possible..
I've got every piece of ra, horus, kirin, 9xdevil,genbu, valk, devil tank, goemon..
I just have to decide what to focus on...

Kirin/Horus/Valk > Goemon > 9x Devil/Tank > Genbu > Ra

First three are just so important to have. Most of the Kirin/Horus subs can play nicely together (as well as with Ra). Valk is just an insanely efficient farm team for a lot of dungeons (Hera included).

Goemon should come next. As a team, he's only as good as your weakest member. Once you get him skilled up, he's stupid good. Mine is only slvl 2 I think, but one day I'll max that bastard.

Devil teams are interesting. I LOVE my Asty team. Love it. Asty was my second maxed monster (Luci was my first). Dark Ceres was my third...The problem with Devil tank is the lack of counter skillup (which is the main source of damage of these teams). But it's still worth pumping XP into as time permits. The members can make wonderful cross subs.

Genbu is like other Chinese gods...Situational. Haku is one of the best due to dark having no resistance AND having some of the best subs available. Genbu is good, but not Haku good. Besides, having Horus/Kirin ready to go is more important.

And of course, Ra. The reason I put him last is because you'll have every other team member leveled by the time you work your way down the pipeline. You'll only have to dump XP into Ra to make the team workable. With his update coming, you'll have access to a stupid 49x multiplier. If you're capable of taking advantage of that every turn, Ra will be THE team to play. But Horus and Kirin are simply safer options. Even with every color orb available on a board, it's not always easy to trigger the multiplier.

Anyone want to put up a Luci for nebradisk? Somehow I don't have any on my friends list, even with the standard half friends available in the morning...

Nista

Meh at Twinlits tomm. Neither my Ra Zeus or LTron are anywhere close to being maxed. Any idea which would be best to focus on dumping light xp onto in the near future? I want to get Hera and Yomi bustied next time around.

3 synched mobs on the 5 floors down to 1 stone and on venus wish me luck. :(
Bro i was a pad wannabe, played with the wrong mind set monored tank team..
Till i decided to do descended..
Started with hera..
I played resist team like a tank team, safe combo only.. As a result i was doing just 2 combo and spent 18 stone on hera..
That made something in me click..i played another run, going for combo.. Spent 3 stone.. Did yet another run.. 0 stone..
Since then i've been consistently clearing descent with monored (apart for hera and hera is)..
Heraur legend 1 stone
Valk legend 1 stone
2 heroes 0
Take legend 1 stone
Athena mythical 2
Beelzebub...8 stone.. But this is because i'm an idiot... Without board reset/board clear basically i had to die every 2 turn during his water phase since i failed to burn him..
Next target is Zeus,but i'm still wondering how to deal with him with monored..

Sure it ain't safe and a LOT of times it ain't easy due to red low recovery.. I always aim to do at least 7combo.. That coupled with my rcv grants me 10k healing with a single hearts3. I HAVE to do that because i have to consistently have at least 3 heart on the board having no heart maker, so i must clear a LOT of the board every turn...
I fancy myself quite good at comboing Now (while not being some crazy jap), but most of all i'm a solid proof of the fact that most of times you just need to click with the mood..
Tank team and luci make you lazy, and starting doing descended made me realize just that ;)

You need luck sure, but as time goes on, you'll get the hang of how much you can combo to keep the last mob alive and stall.. Or how much you need to combo to get full hp without over healing and waiting heart orbs..
Then the game will just get better and better!

Zero_IYAD

1526487_754401871255074_1937803863_n.jpg

*Twinlits Descended!*
[Duration]: 12/31 (Tues), 12:00AM - 1/1 (Weds), 11:59PM (PST)

The Twinlits have descended! You knew they were coming, but you had no idea that they'd be this difficult to get along with! They've nestled in their dungeons and refuse to come out!

If you can convince them, they may even be willing to help you with some new Ultimate Evolutions!

Full details can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/l44ffbe
For more information about the Ultimate Fusion system, click here: http://tinyurl.com/q69adae
They're here *^*

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So Twinlit is open for 48 hrs? I need 3 of each type to evolve to L/L Zeus and D/D Hera. If my Haku team is stable I'll keep running it until I get enough.

Yup. It's a limited time dungeon. Which SUPER sucks.

But that said, I'm also going to try that Haku team. Haku/Haku + Loki/Echidna/Orochi/Lilith I haven't studied enough alternatives to build a team, but I'm comfortable with Haku, so...

E: Hera-Is at slvl 3. Misery commence!

Tobe

im gonna tell you a story of a heart and soul broken man, a man who plan his way trhough out a dangerous dungeon only armed with sheer courage, 80% resist 1 delay and one defensive stance. this man took screenshot of his steps in order to find the best way to fight, but the gunhogods were up to no good. not only completing 6 combos + heal was not good enough for them, hera possessed but the gods decided that my board would be void of hearts and whenever i would get them they would cascade and combo themselves. oh the irony it didnt matter how hard i tried to separate the hearts, they would magically cascade into a combo leaving me with no healing for at least 6 six turns. then again for 3 turns. and later for 5. just like the legends of the hidden temple i felt the guardians grope me, almost raped me if i dint hand the magic stones. a grand damage of 7 magic stones where used in this massacre.
at the end hera did drop and the gods only price for me was a lousy + on hera not even atk, but in rcv mocking me one last time even in victory.

this man is left with a big void, the gods have been cruel to him. i ask only mercy in the future.

Jagernaut

10 runs of sapphire dragons and 2 Tamadra dropped, enough to max awaken my Dark Metatron.

I wish I had a Hanzo and Gryps rider for her team.

Noirulus

HOLY SHIT I JUST REALIZED I HAVE THE BLUE BIRD FROM THE ANGRY BIRDS COLLAB TIME TO EVOLVE IT AND TAKE HERA ON

im gonna tell you a story of a heart and soul broken man, a man who plan his way trhough out a dangerous dungeon only armed with sheer courage, 80% resist 1 delay and one defensive stance. this man took screenshot of his steps in order to find the best way to fight, but the gunhogods were up to no good. not only completing 6 combos + heal was not good enough for them, hera possessed but the gods decided that my board would be void of hearts and whenever i would get them they would cascade and combo themselves. oh the irony it didnt matter how hard i tried to separate the hearts, they would magically cascade into a combo leaving me with no healing for at least 6 six turns. then again for 3 turns. and later for 5. just like the legends of the hidden temple i felt the guardians grope me, almost raped me if i dint hand the magic stones. a grand damage of 7 magic stones where used in this massacre.
at the end hera did drop and the gods only price for me was a lousy + on hera not even atk, but in rcv mocking me one last time even in victory.

this man is left with a big void, the gods have been cruel to him. i ask only mercy in the future.

That sucks man =( At least you killed her though, Congrats!

How's your stone count looking for godfest? D:

Genji

Working through Nebradisk using Bane to take out the final boss so that I can get an extra stone for tonight. Pretty straightforward, only real risk seems to be if you get a unlucky bind.

Tobe

HOLY SHIT I JUST REALIZED I HAVE THE BLUE BIRD FROM THE ANGRY BIRDS COLLAB TIME TO EVOLVE IT AND TAKE HERA ON

That sucks man =( At least you killed her though, Congrats!

How's your stone count looking for godfest? D:

bought 85 stones i was gonna do it anyways so fuck it :p

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I don't know how people max skill multiple gravities. My Valk team takes upwards of 10-15 minutes. My Kirin team can do it in 5 or 20 depending on orb trolling. I did it with Bastet, but it takes about 15-20. It doesn't seem bad, but it's DRY as shit. And with the shitty rate of skill-ups with gravity...Ugh.

Someone on the PAD Facebook group max skilled 2 Ra's, 2 BlOdin's, and a few other things. That's insane. I mean, just...wow. Kudos to them, but fuck that.

I'm prepared to dump stones into twinlits. I'd rather be ready for Ultimate Horus than blow tons of stones and not get Kirin via godfest for the umpteenth time.

Question about F/L Horus: 5x is activated only when all five colors are matched, right? Four colors and hearts won't work?
I think 4colours and heart is for ra
Btw.. I've noticed that if i want to just match without a care for the colour i can finally get Easily 7 combo if time to nevi suon a path is not an issue..
Should i start considering joining kushinada hime club?

Jagernaut

The Horus ultimates are not live yet in the US right? I like F/L Horus's attack boost and light secondary color but the loss of 480 rcv sucks. I use Horus more as a sub and my fire team is already low in rcv.

ZeroAKA

The Horus ultimates are not live yet in the US right? I like F/L Horus's attack boost and light secondary color but the loss of 480 rcv sucks. I use Horus more as a sub and my fire team is already low in rcv.
I don't understand why the two Horus evos don't have subtypes. Balanced and Attacker seem like obvious choices.

Seconded..
I loved horus in my monored to cover for rcv, but.. This change sort of destroy its niche..
So i guess i'll not evolve him for a bit

Top Bottom