• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Holy shit! I just went 5/5 skill-ups for Ra in a single Bane feeding.

Edit: Got the final skill-up with 2 more Banes. So 6/7 skill-ups to max out my Ra. Amazing!

razterik

Finally figured out my Valk squad for Legend Blackgate. Valk/Angelion/Shynee/Echidna/Orochi/Valk. Need a generous helping of plus eggs to clear 14520 for early Bane invades. But once you get there, stalling is pretty easy on him or a Grundy. On floor 6, I hit Echidna and clean the board for Angelion/Valk/Shynee burst. Hit Joker with Orochi and 6 turns is plenty of time to finish, especially when you can get another Angelion/Valk combo.

J0dy77

5 rolls saved up for Godfest. I have a bad feeling about this. :/

Lol. I'm sitting on 4 and I'm bracing for the disapointment.

I cleaned up on Super emerald last night so I won't feel that bad if I do.

Zeus-Dios, get +_+

This is without a doubt THE HARDEST dungeon in the game![/QUOTE]

It's all perspective. Zeus-d was a breeze for my Horus team with three red members. Ton of double damage and never had him attack.

Valk is my hardest dungeon, just drives me crazy for some reason but I'm sure it is a breeze for a lucifer team.

As limited as this game feels sometimes (a few select leader mobs being able to clear everything) Gung-ho does a great job of making each dungeon feel fresh and challenging. There are always subtle tweaks to team makeup that make or break a run. It is the main reason I've played for so long. Love the experiences of clearing content the first time, reminds me of an MMO raid clear.

Art update:

Divinegon
https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/417208589657178112/photo/1

CDD
https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/417208741306462209/photo/1

G/G Alraune
https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/417209548902912000/photo/1

I know these are roughs but the ink style looks pretty cool...

Also update to the Hero Gods sometime in January:
4xATK if match 8c orbs simultaneously -> 4xATK if 8c, 3.5x if 7c, 3x if 6c, 2.5x if 5c.

You know what I just realized is if the L.Skill can activate multiple times in one attack if you satisfy the condition more than once. That would be crazy if true.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Lol. I'm sitting on 4 and I'm bracing for the disapointment.

I cleaned up on Super emerald last night so I won't feel that bad if I do.

It's all perspective. Zeus-d was a breeze for my Horus team with three red members. Ton of double damage and never had him attack.

Valk is my hardest dungeon, just drives me crazy for some reason but I'm sure it is a breeze for a lucifer team.

As limited as this game feels sometimes (a few select leader mobs being able to clear everything) Gung-ho does a great job of making each dungeon feel fresh and challenging. There are always subtle tweaks to team makeup that make or break a run. It is the main reason I've played for so long. Love the experiences of clearing content the first time, reminds me of an MMO raid clear.

What did you run for Dios? I wouldn't mind trying a Horus/Horus team for that dungeon. My first clear cost me like 3 stones, and it hurt. I have an Asty team with about 70k health I could run, but I'd rather burst it. I don't think I NEED a second Dios, but it may be a fun challenge.

Zero_IYAD

I totally agree : )

Art update:

Divinegon
https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/417208589657178112/photo/1

CDD
https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/417208741306462209/photo/1

G/G Alraune
https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/417209548902912000/photo/1

I know these are roughs but the ink style looks pretty cool...

Also update to the Hero Gods sometime in January:
4xATK if match 8c orbs simultaneously -> 4xATK if 8c, 3.5x if 7c, 3x if 6c, 2.5x if 5c.

You know what I just realized is if the L.Skill can activate multiple times in one attack if you satisfy the condition more than once. That would be crazy if true.
Wow, the dragons look like they escaped from a Final Fantasy game!
Love the art style!

Godfest information now live, according to Pad.Wikia.

Start: December 31st [12AM]
End: January 2nd [12AM]

Monsters:

Arch Angel Lucifer
Dark Angel Metatron
Odin
Hades
Kushinadahime
Incarnation of Kirin. Sakuya
Yomi
Horus
Viper Orochi
Bastet
Odin, the War Deity
Incarnation of Byakko, Haku
Venus
Umisachi & Yamasachi
Neptune

I'm definitely sinking a lot of Magic Stones into this one, considering I only have Kirin, Hades, and Blue Odin. The odds are relatively good that I'll [hopefully] get something new.
is this the player's choice one?

linsivvi

Cleared Dios using Horus/Horus with 3 stones as well. The good thing is that Cupid dropped, which completes my healer girl collection and just in time for her busty.

Jagernaut

I have a question, will D/W Batman and Loki's 2x and 1.5x dark attack boost also boost Hera-Ur and Hera-Is fire and water attacks? I'm using them in a Haku team.

J0dy77

What did you run for Dios? I wouldn't mind trying a Horus/Horus team for that dungeon. My first clear cost me like 3 stones, and it hurt. I have an Asty team with about 70k health I could run, but I'd rather burst it. I don't think I NEED a second Dios, but it may be a fun challenge.

I really don't recall it was so long ago. I just remember thinking, "How the F am I going to clear this?" and then got the "Oh, that wasn't too bad" clear. I would probably run, Horus/Kirin if I was doing it now, the 20x vs 16x would out damage a double horus regardless of color and of course gravity.

Took a look at pad guide and recalling it now... I think I brought Viper and Echidna for the dual delays. Echidna on Hera and Viper on Zeus. Blow up Highlander turn 1 and stall on Berserker for as long as you can. Stall on Cupid if you still need time.

I have a question, will D/W Batman and Loki's 2x and 1.5x dark attack boost also boost Hera-Ur and Hera-Is fire and water attacks? I'm using them in a Haku team.

Nope, has to be dark (unlike leader skills which will buff off-color attacks as long as the monster has that attribute)

Speaking of dark, Mystic Dark Dragon starts tomorrow. Run dual resist leads and a def-ignoring damaging active and get yourselves a pseudo-Grodin without breaking a sweat.

Colby

When/what is the year-long bonus? I'm hitting 365 days a day before Godfest, so I'm wondering if I can look forward to feeding the GungTroll machine.

Kouriozan

Should I try to get AA Lucifer in the EU Godfest?
Currently Rank 32 at the Castle of Satan.
With my luck I'll get the new monster, Caller Sonia, just like with Dark Vallyrie when I started last week :lol

Zero_IYAD

Speaking of dark, Mystic Dark Dragon starts tomorrow. Run dual resist leads and a def-ignoring damaging active and get yourselves a pseudo-Grodin without breaking a sweat.
According to this he puts up a preemptive shield against defense breaks!
What about Bane/Ra? Does their skill hit 7777 ignoring the enemy's defense?
If so, piece of cake :>

Giard

Do you guys think I can manage to clear Hera tomorrow with this team?

Abg7fBQ.png

+ a Luci friend.

Ducarmel

Do you guys think I can manage to clear Hera tomorrow with this team?

http://i.imgur.com/Abg7fBQ.png[IMG]
[B]+ a Luci friend[/B].[/QUOTE]

Then you don't need poison just make sure MS is ready for Venus and Neptune. Now Hades is going to be a big problem for you I would bring 3 rainbow keepers and make sure Defensive Stance is ready before he attacks, with 3 RK you should be able to manipulate the cd along with Hades attack timer to have at least on RK skill ready through out his fight.

Giard

Then you don't need poison just make sure MS is ready for Venus and Neptune. Now Hades is going to be a big problem for you I would bring 3 rainbow keepers and make sure Defensive Stance is ready before he attacks, with 3 RK you should be able to manipulate the cd along with Hades attack timer to have at least on RK skill ready through out his fight.

I thought I could use Poison against Neptune, and then both morning stars on Hades?

Limit

I'm actually starting to run out of gold egg machine only monsters to feed Tamadras to. Max awakened Freyr today who I don't even use. There are 3 subs left to awaken that still get used in teams I run and after that I will basically be done with Tamadras.

What would be the safest way?
Mmm
Out of curiosità how much hp has hades?
My advice is to go the safe route..

Dj lead, godin lead friend
Rain bow keeper
Poison (birds)
Echidna (Hopefully you have her)
One drake of your choice.. Higher hp=better..

Run takes 2h and half, but it's really safe

Ducarmel

What would be the safest way?

Well it seems like it does not matter for double luci teams as long as your healing enough, killing synced mobs and stalling enough for skills it looks like you will make it. Just make sure you are storing hearts if you decide you need to use MS for whatever reason.

witchedwiz suggesting is good too but Lucifer team clears this dungeon in an 1hr.

J0dy77

With Beelzebub gone I've shifted focus back to twinlits. Found this Byakko team that had me intrigued. I really wish I had D/W Batman.

http://youtu.be/16RCCM94EO8

My thoughts are either this team using Hera-IS instead of batman and Neptune instead of Lilith. Really strong balance with a lot of HP and recovery.

The other option is the standard Kirin/Horus affair. Not sure.

What's everyone else planning in running?

Tobe

Mmm
Out of curiosità how much hp has hades?
My advice is to go the safe route..

Dj lead, godin lead friend
Rain bow keeper
Poison (birds)
Echidna (Hopefully you have her)
One drake of your choice.. Higher hp=better..

Run takes 2h and half, but it's really safe

im missing poison :( i really want that hera. any replacement? willing to spend a stone or 2, thinking neptune and hades are gonna be the tough part, hera isnt actually that bad.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
With Beelzebub gone I've shifted focus back to twinlits. Found this Byakko team that had me intrigued. I really wish I had D/W Batman.

My thoughts are either this team using Hera-IS instead of batman and Neptune instead of Lilith. Really strong balance with a lot of HP and recovery.

You could swap Loki in and be nearly an identical team? I like this team a lot. I am tempted to pump a few stones into the Batman REM before it goes away since people are finding some really neat uses for the gold monsters. But then I remember that I'll PROBABLY get Cat-trolled...

J0dy77

You could swap Loki in and be nearly an identical team? I like this team a lot. I am tempted to pump a few stones into the Batman REM before it goes away since people are finding some really neat uses for the gold monsters. But then I remember that I'll PROBABLY get Cat-trolled...

I don't have Loki either. I'm scared of the batman REM. I put about 10 rolls into across three accounts and got catwoman nearly half the time. She's just pure awful.

Have to take a closer look at the final round and how much damage is needed. Popping both Byakko along with Gravity would hopefully be enough.

Jagernaut

I just cleared Zeus-Dios in 3 stones. I've tried before with J0dy77's Horus team (Horus/Echidna/Orochi/Cu Chulain/Valkyrie/Horus) but I couldn't damage Zeus- Dios fast enough so I switched Cu Chulain with my max level busty Ares.

I used 3 stones to get to Zeus-Dios and then Ares came through. After using Orochi and counting the orbs on screen, I activated Ares's double orb change to give me 18 fire orbs. I had just enough of 3 other colors to activate Horus and the resulting combo took off 70% of his life. I finished him off before Orochi's delay wore off.

Ducarmel

im missing poison :( i really want that hera. any replacement? willing to spend a stone or 2, thinking neptune and hades are gonna be the tough part, hera isnt actually that bad.
Do you have Top Droidragon?

You actually do have a team!

DJ lead / CDD / Black Baron / RK / echidna (if you want delay for emergencies) or (toytops for second heart maker option) / Max awoken GrOdin friend leader.

For Neptune you will activate black barons Guard Break, it should be enough for Hell Ball and Gungnir to do enough damage, it will probably take a few activations to kill him but its doable.

Its not guaranteed you are going to 0 stone it the first floor will be the hardest especially if you get synced mobs. It sucks you don't have Siren for auto heal but just hope your Odin friend auto heal will be enough. Basically your going to have to make 3 combos plus heal almost every turn.

here
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=8266

Jagernaut

I have that exact team and will probably use it. D/W Batman is great. I pulled 5 times in the Batcha last time and got 3 D/D Batman, D/W Batman, and Robin.

Tobe

Do you have Top Droidragon?

You actually do have a team!

DJ lead / CDD / Black Baron / RK / echidna (if you want delay for emergencies) or (toytops for second heart maker option) / Max awoken GrOdin friend leader.

For Neptune you will activate black barons Guard Break, it should be enough for Hell Ball and Gungnir to do enough damage, it will probably take a few activations to kill him but its doable.

Its not guaranteed you are going to 0 stone it the first floor will be the hardest especially if you get synced mobs. It sucks you don't have Siren for auto heal but just hope your Odin friend auto heal will be enough. Basically your going to have to make 3 combos plus heal almost every turn.

here
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=8266

fuck got enough to lvl him up but cant evolve him cuz im missing fruits.

but well yeah if i make spending 2 stones im cool. just gonna have to get luky i guess, thanks :)

also waited good coupe of hours so i could level up with a tricolor master and get that awesome exp boost for the next level. ex gf called fucked up my combo died to a synch mob. jesus christ i fucking hate that bitch.

Rahk

So I started playing this a few weeks ago casually thinking it was a fun distraction now and then, but after levelling up my Horus a bit and being able to pull off 4x combos somewhat consistently I think it has hooked me.

Maybe a silly question, but do you get the 1.5x fusion bonus if you feed a sub-element monster? e.g. feeding a green monster to Umisachi&Yamasachi?

hermit7

So I started playing this a few weeks ago casually thinking it was a fun distraction now and then, but after levelling up my Horus a bit and being able to pull off 4x combos somewhat consistently I think it has hooked me.

Maybe a silly question, but do you get the 1.5x fusion bonus if you feed a sub-element monster? e.g. feeding a green monster to Umisachi&Yamasachi?

No. It needs to be the main element.

fuck got enough to lvl him up but cant evolve him cuz im missing fruits.

but well yeah if i make spending 2 stones im cool. just gonna have to get luky i guess, thanks :)

also waited good coupe of hours so i could level up with a tricolor master and get that awesome exp boost for the next level. ex gf called fucked up my combo died to a synch mob. jesus christ i fucking hate that bitch.
sorry, but i laughed

Jagernaut

Thinking about that Haku team for Twinlit, I could use my D/D Loki instead of my D/W Batman. That way I would have a 1.5x boost for 3 turns (2 Haku activations and 1 regular turn) instead of a 2x boost for 1 turn.

Loki is also max awakened so he has 2 row enhancements for dark attacks.

xCobalt

So I noticed that Odin teams have some success with King of Gods. Anyone know if Nebradisk can have similar success or does the lack of appropriate awakenings or resistance make it too difficult? I'm still looking for a reliable and safe team to run King of Gods. Might have to settle with a zombie team whenever we get the Mythic dragons back so I can get skillups on the ninjas.

Totakeke

Anyone have a high level grOdin available when Hera Descended pops?

I tried a two test runs on Endless Corridor, the team works but definitely have to pay a lot more attention than I did because I died to Venus running out of heart orbs. Once you miss one it's a downward spiral.

another safe run is Jester Dragon, 4 RKs, and a high level lucifer. did this today on endless corridors to get to Zeus(died on zeus) and worked perfectly. but it takes forever.

saichi

I thought Tower of Saviors died, or was that just the US servers?

only affected on iOS... I'm playing it on Android without any problem.

Wow, I just loaded War of Dragons and logged in with my Twitter account. It didn't synch the information from Tower of Saviors. I can't imagine how pissed people must be that spent money on the game. They can't be that shady, can they?

Yukes

EDIT:

Have a very important question.... how do I beat Super King Dragon? I'm at lv 91 and can't do more than 1 dmg to it. I even tried with my mono read team with Ame no Uzume lead on a Emerald one and it's still not enough. Maybe I need to use a Aries or Freya friend.

only affected on iOS... I'm playing it on Android without any problem.

Yukes

EDIT:

Have a very important question.... how do I beat Super King Dragon? I'm at lv 91 and can't do more than 1 dmg to it. I even tried with my mono read team with Ame no Uzume lead on a Emerald one and it's still not enough. Maybe I need to use a Aries or Freya friend.
you need to have a monster that reduces defense on your team.

Anyone have a high level grOdin available when Hera Descended pops?

I tried a two test runs on Endless Corridor, the team works but definitely have to pay a lot more attention than I did because I died to Venus running out of heart orbs. Once you miss one it's a downward spiral.

I have a max leveled, fully awoken Odin +118 for anyone that needs him.

Top Bottom