• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Kunohara

Just rolled a Kirin and Viper Orochi. I can now do a decent resolve team, and hopefully be able to do the Tuesday dungeon on expert. I wanna grab a rainbow keeper for my luci team. I haven't really used him yet because I've been focusing on my fire team lately, and have been doing well. No bloody luck with getting a Lilith or Vamp yet. I'm also only rank 55 so my team cost still isn't high enough. Since I have more friend slots, I'm going to be adding more of you guys. Hoping to get a nice healer leader for my resolve team.

Also, I totally forgot to exchange gifts. If anyone still has one, lets swap 384,577,230 or add me if you wish, the more the merrier.

daemissary

4 stoned Athena with a Byakko team...would've probably been 1 or 2 stones but I messed up and killed Seigfried one turn before my Echidna's active was ready and since Athena casts status guard first turn, that mistake was worth 3 turns. Brutal.

1-stoned Athena with the following team:

NLULNyF.png

The 2 Dukes and the Jester are max-skilled. I used a fully Awoken Satan helper which was amazing! I decided against trying to use any gravity monsters because of the long charge time. Though my Hera-Is is down to 20 turns, I calculated that I would be able to clear the dungeon without her, and a second max-skill Duke would be more useful throughout the dungeon. So I only had to stall on Siegfried long enough to activate my 17-turn King Baddie. I eventually plan to max-skill the Baddie and I have 3 extra Satans saved for Awakenings. The Awakenings on my Satan helper turned out to be really helpful, and Awakening my own Satan would make the effect even more potent.

Red Giant:
I actually accidentally killed him before his timer was up. Straight-forward face bash.

Cu Chu:
Spent a stone here since it takes a minimum of 4 turns to kill him with this team, and I have no way to heal.

Siegfried:
Stalled until King Baddie was charged, then killed him before he killed me. I activated 1 of the Dukes for a burst attack.

Athena:
Set the board up by clearing most red, green, and blue orbs on first turn. Activate King Baddie, Jester, and Duke. With the remaining orbs, I arranged them so that I had 2 full rows of Dark orbs. The resulting combo was enough to 1-shot her.

First time trying out Satan, and wanted to test the team out on Athena. It's not a viable farm team for me since Cu Chu is a guaranteed death. Will need to use a different team if I decide to skill her up. Looks like a few people have had success 0-stoning her with Kirin. I might try that out next time I attempt the dungeon.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
You can 0-stone Chu if you have around 21k health. 20460 to take 2 max hits of Whirlwind + Assassin Dagger. Of course, you need to not get orb trolled. You can deal a max of 9 damage per turn, so you need to match dark every turn, and blue 3 of the 4. May be easier if you setup on Gigas carefully.

You can 0-stone Chu if you have around 21k health. 20460 to take 2 max hits of Whirlwind + Assassin Dagger. Of course, you need to not get orb trolled. You can deal a max of 9 damage per turn, so you need to match dark every turn, and blue 3 of the 4. May be easier if you setup on Gigas carefully.
Thanks for the tip! If I max out both Satan and my second Duke that would put me just over 22K HP with a max level Satan helper. Needless to say, I won't be achieving that today. Depending on how reliable Kirin is for this dungeon, I may farm it with her. Or I'll just wait until next time Athena comes around and have my Satan team prepared by then.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thanks for the tip! If I max out both Satan and my second Duke that would put me just over 22K HP with a max level Satan helper. Needless to say, I won't be achieving that today. Depending on how reliable Kirin is for this dungeon, I may farm it with her. Or I'll just wait until next time Athena comes around and have my Satan team prepared by then.

Once I hit 50 stam, I may try a Kirin team. Or I may just get another Athena to have a second for shits. I think if the HP is there, Satan is very farmable.

xCobalt

Managed to get all the necessary awakenings for my Kirin team. With an awoken kirin partner, I get an 80% chance of enhanced light orbs which is pretty good.

Has anyone worked out the math while matching enhanced orbs? Is it better to group all the enhanced orbs together or separate into different combos? Or does it not matter at all?

I'm getting worked so far and I"m just starting. I have a lucifer but can't use him yet.

Any power leveling tips?

Someone just gave you this advice yesterday, but I'll repeat it again:
Get to the Tower of Giants (13th normal dungeon) and just repeat those dungeons during its half stamina time frame on the weekend.

If you don't have the patience for that:
Get a friend with any of the high level attack/hp multiplier monsters etc and run the 15-stamina intermediate special dungeons. This will level you up to rank 30(?) easily if you're careful. Now is an especially good time to do that since ECO collab is relatively easy.

Has anyone worked out the math while matching enhanced orbs? Is it better to group all the enhanced orbs together or separate into different combos? Or does it not matter at all?
Doesn't matter. It's a flat additional 6% damage for the element of each matched enhanced orb.

Edit: In the last thread I had mistakenly stated that enhanced orbs also boost the attack of other elements that are part of the same attack, but I just tested it and that's not the case.

Well, I got Athena, as well. Nothing special. I used a Haku team.

Round 1: I died once because I was missing one color for three rounds. It only took two rounds to kill RGG, so that really sucks.

Round 2: Nothing special. Died, but I brought him down steadily.

Round 3: I really f'ed up on this one. I tried to stall and got a blue match on cascade, so that was out of the picture. It wasn't too hard to not die during the fight, but I did die twice.

Round 4: Easy. Delay, grav, grav, Haku, Haku took care of her.

How far in is that? The highest I've gotten to is the volcano of vulcan. The only tower option I see is Tower of Trials? Just didn't get far enough it looks like?
The next tower, which follows after the elemental levels, is Tower of Giants. It's the first roadblock in the game.

E: Oh shit, it's RoninChaos! Hope you've been well.

1-stoned an attempt with Kirin. Got orb hosed on Cu Chu and only had 2 Heart orbs on the orb after one of his 99% damage attacks. Sucks, because he only had 2HP left before he killed me. Just as with my Satan team, Cu Chu is the wild card against my Kirin team. The other 3 battles were pretty easy. I think I could have managed Heart orbs better during the Cu Chu fight, though. No need to heal past 11K HP like I did one time that probably cost me the stone.

razterik

Take Siegfried or something else if you don't have skill ups on Hera-Is. It is difficult to stall on anything when you have a full color team.

George, I think dropping Verche for a heart maker makes all the difference getting past Cu Chu easily. Or taking Mastering, but that's even more luck based.

Jiraiza

Does anyone have a max level evolved Athena yet? I have a Raphael lead team in mind that might be able to do Athena given some stones.

Chances of anyone having it maxed this early but I'll put down my ID anyway.

Take Siegfried or something else if you don't have skill ups on Hera-Is. It is difficult to stall on anything when you have a full color team.

George, I think dropping Verche for a heart maker makes all the difference getting past Cu Chu easily. Or taking Mastering, but that's even more luck based.
At first I mistook your Heart maker suggestion as Heart "breaker" and couldn't figure out how that would help my team since it would still take a minimum of 4 turns to kill Cu Chu. So, I looked back at the Kirin team you used, and realized you were talking about Angelion. Yes, that actually is a great idea! Angelion converts Dark orbs to Hearts to survive Cu Chu, and Valk can convert them into Light orbs against Siegfried/Athena as needed. Thanks! I'll try a run later after a rank-up and stam refill. But I already feel pretty confident that Angelion will make this a viable farm team.

ZeroAKA

Does anyone want to exchange presents? I also have Horus, SoD Lucifer, and Ra that I'm slowly working on.

Any peeps on JP server have an Odin I can borrow? Want to take down rainbow keeper. Don't have any heartbreakers yet, and I don't trust the board to give me the orbs I need to procure.

I did not have as much luck running a mono-red against Athena - it took me 8 stones to get through. I was using:

War Deity Ares - max level
Flame Deity Falcon Horus - 77 (up to 81 and I have a bunch of pendgras to feed)
Phoenix Knight Homura - max level, skill level 4
Echidna - max level, max skill
Goemon, the Thief - level 59

I do have a max level Freyr so depending on what red friends I can use I might change leaders.

Floor 1 - I was getting barely any red drops so if I recall correctly I ended up spending 4 stones to beat RGG. Once I got Homura ready to go that helped, and he was key on the other floors as well.

Floor 2 - I think this is the level I beat with no stone? One max.

Floor 3 - This was either 1 stone or none depending on the previous floor. I had reds stored in the bottom corners and one of the tops when a red cascade came and activated Sieg.

Floor 4 - I had Horus, Goemon, and Freyr all ready to go and used them right away. For some reason I thought that was it. To my surprise, it was definitely not. I tried hanging in by healing but I spent 3 stones here on Athena.

Is my team just not leveled to handle this with 0-2 stones? I have the pieces to copy Claw's Kirin team but again, they are not max level and my 4-color matching skills are iffy at best.

Pacman2k

Athena trip report. I did zero research before entering the dungeon:

Ra
Valk
Cu Chu
Sieg
Echidna
Kirin

Took this team in expecting to spend a few stones and just try and burst through.

Ended up accidentally killing Gigas (first move!) and Siegfried very quickly (unlucky cascade), landing me at Athena with Echidna not charged yet like an idiot.

This only ended up costing me 1 stone thanks to a couple godly cascades that turned a couple dud boards into 30x taking out Athena very quickly. (3 black orbs already lined up dropping in to save the day? I'll take it.)

Athena smacked me a few times for nominal amounts of damage that I was able to heal through. I thought this was going to be Zeus-style "if she touches you, you lose a stone" but that was definitely not the case.

Would of been a 0-stone clear if I had stalled properly and was able to get Echidna's delay off.

Definitely made a mistake thinking that Gigas had tons of health. This is basically what cost me the stone. I actually -tried- to hit him with a 30x on my first turn, and I did, and to my surprise, killed him.

Also, starting to feel a lot more confident with Ra. As long as you can field a team with mostly heart breakers to support him, it's not too hard to get him to activate.

I did not have as much luck running a mono-red against Athena - it took me 8 stones to get through. I was using:

I do have a max level Freyr so depending on what red friends I can use I might change leaders.

Floor 1 - I was getting barely any red drops so if I recall correctly I ended up spending 4 stones to beat RGG. Once I got Homura ready to go that helped, and he was key on the other floors as well.

Floor 3 - This was either 1 stone or none depending on the previous floor. I had reds stored in the bottom corners and one of the tops when a red cascade came and activated Sieg.

Floor 4 - I had Horus, Goemon, and Freyr all ready to go and used them right away. For some reason I thought that was it. To my surprise, it was definitely not. I tried hanging in by healing but I spent 3 stones here on Athena.

Is my team just not leveled to handle this with 0-2 stones? I have the pieces to copy Claw's Kirin team but again, they are not max level and my 4-color matching skills are iffy at best.

Is this the proper method when you reach Athena? Would you have been able to fight her straight up til she was a little bit below half health, and then use Goemon + Freyr + Horus?

So I think your first mistake was continuing against Gigas. If you weren't within 1 red match of killing him after your first death, you should have quit and restarted.

On Cu Chu I recommend activating Echidna once he gets below 50% and using whatever orb changers you have to finish him off. And then on Seigfried save Echidna for when you have no hearts.

Finally, the strategy against Athena is to pop Goemon/Horus/Freyr after you hit 50%, unless your attack is outrageously high. Mine was around 8500 and waited until just after the 50% mark to go all in. This whole fight can be a little iffy on the healing, but she doesn't hit very hard, so you usually have 2 or 3 turns of safety. The problem comes when she uses her orb change attack to take away hearts. This multiple times in a row or combined with bad luck can cost a stone.

I don't know your exact stats, but that is the same team I ran. I had 33k HP, 5.1k RCV, and 8.5k ATK. I think as long as you are relatively close on all those you should be fine. Make sure you calculate how much burst damage you'll get for your final attack. You really don't want to leave Athena sitting below 15%.

Is this the proper method when you reach Athena? Would you have been able to fight her straight up til she was a little bit below half health, and then use Goemon + Freyr + Horus?

As atlantaguy mentioned in the next post, this was not the correct method to take on Athena. I was following the strategy from a page or two ago that Jagernaut posted but I failed to remember that he waited to burst until he had worn Athena down. I am considering trying it out again (or maybe three times depending) to try to fully awaken her.

Colby

Two stones with a Satan team. The lineup was...

Satan lvl 70
Awoken Hera-Is lvl 99
Awoken Hera lvl 99
Duke Vamp lvl 83
King Baddie lvl 50
Satan lvl 99

Chu Chu took one stone. I don't see how it's possible to avoid a stone here, not with this team. Siegfried took one stone because I couldn't do enough damage. I think with good play, you can no stone Sieg. On Athena, I just used one Gravity and then popped Vamp and Baddie for the kill. I didn't have Satan's skill up, and I didn't need a second Gravity, so a Hera can be replaced with whatever Devil you prefer.

If you don't mind the 1-2 stones, Athena is actually quite easy. Just take your time on Sieg so you can charge your skills.

Tobe

How far in is that? The highest I've gotten to is the volcano of vulcan. The only tower option I see is Tower of Trials? Just didn't get far enough it looks like?

what got me thourgh basically everything up to tower of flare was haku's those shit are priceless.

sadly i rolled before godfest cause i misread and got shit. im stuck now and to add to my bad luck every friend that had a haku changed their leader to something that dropped on godfest :(

Woo! 0-stoned Athena. Razterik's suggestion of swapping out Verche for Angelion made all the difference. I would have died at Cu Chu again if not for Angelion making some much needed Hearts, and giving me enough health to survive another attack and land the killing blow. I definitely found my Athena farm team.

Jagernaut

As atlantaguy mentioned in the next post, this was not the correct method to take on Athena. I was following the strategy from a page or two ago that Jagernaut posted but I failed to remember that he waited to burst until he had worn Athena down. I am considering trying it out again (or maybe three times depending) to try to fully awaken her.

Yes, I didn't use Goemon + Horus + Freyr until Athena dropped below half hp. I calculated that with my total team attack of 7865 I could do 2 million damage to green in 1 burst. You can use Horus + Freyr in the 1st turn against Athena and they should be charged back up by the time she drops below half hp.

You can also use Ares whenever you want but do not use Goemon until the end since he takes 30 turns to charge.

If you use Goemon at the start of the fight, you will only bring Athena down to 75% hp because she is still in the light phase.

lordcyno

0 stoned with horus/echidna/valk/hades/sieg/horus

Made sure to start siegfried when his counter was on 2
Used echidna on athena, finished her off right before she starburst me

razterik

Woo! 0-stoned Athena. Razterik's suggestion of swapping out Verche for Angelion made all the difference. I would have died at Cu Chu again if not for Angelion making some much needed Hearts, and giving me enough health to survive another attack and land the killing blow. I definitely found my Athena farm team.

Nice! Glad it worked for you. How many turns did you spend taking down Athena? Curious how damage compares between taking Siegfried and Hera-Is. I'm actually holding off on farming this since I'm still running with ECO.

Radav

I've run into an issue with Athena, was curious what you guys are doing with Chu Chu. If I'm using a Kirin team should I be able to break his defense and nuke him down? I've hit him with some huge combos only to watch it all bounce off him. Trying to zero stone it so Chu Chu has stopped me twice.

What's the recommended HP for a Valk team for Hera? I'm planning on farming tomorrow, and I may use a Valk team since it might be faster than my current Horus setup.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Not a problem...mainly need it for resists. Gonna start clearing Mythic tech dungeons.

Just sent a friend request. I thought I had you on my friends list already but it doesn't look like it.

Accepted. I have no idea why we ain't friends, but whatever, haha.

He's up, so let me know when you've got him so I can swap leaders and refresh.

Top Bottom