• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Ducarmel

Is it me or is anybody else getting metal dragons an hour early?

I was backing up my files and decided to reroll to see what kind of luck I can get with REM and maybe start a non-iap alt. After a string of crappy rolls, I restore my old account and I see metal dragons I try to enter and get an error code 8.

My ipad clock is correct, could I have somehow went out of sync with the server?

edit:fixed my problem by deleting the local data.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Miscellaneous games update time. I recently tried out this new game called "Brave Frontier" which has exact same game mechanics hooks as PAD, minus the puzzle part. You assemble a team of 5 monsters collected from levels and summons (common summons + rare summons) and with a friend monster you fight through stages. The fighting mechanic is super simple. You touch the monster portrait for basic attacks and swipe up for triggering special attacks. Super basic stuff but the game evokes the same gotta catch em' all hunger that all these games feature to some degree. There is a nifty crafting system for weapons and other items and you can request various crafting materials to be gifted to you by people in your friends list. There is also a PVP area and a raid area that is supposedly coming soon. Because the game came out so recently they are handing out rare monsters and other IAP stuff left and right.

One thing that caught me off guard about this game is how graphically intensive it is. My Nexus 7 slows down to a crawl if I try running it in high setting. Fortunately in the menu you can turn off some graphics options that helps in running the game smoothly. Additionally, right now there is no way to reroll. The rare monster you summon with your first 5 gems is the monster you are stuck with. But this isn't too big of an issue right now because as noted before, there are currently many opportunities arising in acquiring rare monsters.

If anyone does end up checking this game out then help me help you in getting this game's version of King Metal Dragon without much work. Go to "social" - "special" - and then touch the metal god banner. Input "27222868" and both of us will get one.

I just started playing this one as well. It really needs it's own thread. The game is way fun!

Same thing if somebody wants to add me and get a huge exp boost (Metal God):
Go to "social" - "special" - and then touch the metal god banner. Input "73131626" and both of us will get one.

StMeph

Cosmos or Chaos Venus?

Chaos seems better with sub-off element and dual resists, but Cosmos makes for a nearly-mono light Healer team with honorary light member Echidna.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Cosmos or Chaos Venus?

Chaos seems better with sub-off element and dual resists, but Cosmos makes for a nearly-mono light Healer team with honorary light member Echidna.

If you only have one AND use a healer team a lot, go light. If you don't use a Valk or LTron team a lot, go dark.

massoluk

Banned
Cosmos or Chaos Venus?

I regret having Cosmos Venus. I felt I could have taggled way more dungeons with Chaos with dual resist and benefit of having subdark, then again, other people have different priorities.

Jagernaut

I've managed to complete Twinlit 3 times with the Zeus team and got 3 Devilits, 2 Tamadra, 2 mythlits, and a dubmythlit. If you can eliminate all but 1 mythlit in the first round this team is very stable and can no stone the dungeon. Avoid mass attacks of light orbs so you won't clear the board. If you have 2 mythlits left you have to kill one before everyone is bound.

I had no luck with the Haku team, I managed to get to the final stage once but could not kill them fast enough to avoid using stones to continue.

I just ultimate evolved my Hera, still need 3 Angelits to evolve Zeus.

I'm gonna keep track of all the stamina I waste trying to 0-stone twinlits. So far, the total is 60. My maiden voyage saw my Zeus team wipe the first floor then dying at the 2nd floor. Cascades when you don't want 'em. Go figure.

Pacman2k

2 pulls:

MDK
Haku

Think I might just quit while I am ahead. Wanted Haku, got Haku.

Could use a Kirin too but that's just asking for it.

bodine1231

I've never done super metals before,will the team below + Odin make it through?

d7338167-1022-409c-a2b3-5577857e2d65_zpsfe075812.png

Odin is 80% damage reduction, right? If so, that reduces super metal to 2000 damage every two turns. Should be okay with a siren as long as you cover that damage every two turns.

Also, I caved and pulled again. But I don't have the heart to look at what I pulled. I usually have the best luck when I do this. The longer I wait, the better the pulled ends up being. Good lord my superstitions with this stupid RNG.

J0dy77

What's with the tornado thing after the light attack?

That's the 6.3 update in the JP version. They added special effects to the Mass attack when matching 5 orbs.

This should work but keep in mind that the Super Heavy is a double attack and only the first hit will be reduced. My suggestion would be to drop Echidna from the team for another strong dark monster (if you have one) and run Lucifer friend lead. You'll have around 30k health, auto heal and rainbow to help you out delay. The hardest part is going to be having Lilith's low Atk poison through the super. Make sure you stall on the first round if you don't get an invasion. You want all of your cooldowns available if you get an invasion.

Would like to know as well... or any suggestions for a team without guard breaker

Poison and any 2x HP team you have should be fine. I always prefer high HP teams when running Wed/Friday/Super Metals.

Also, I caved and pulled again. But I don't have the heart to look at what I pulled. I usually have the best luck when I do this. The longer I wait, the better the pulled ends up being. Good lord my superstitions with this stupid RNG.

Lol, I do the same thing. Trying to figure out if I wait, or if I should pull JP first or should I have my daughter or son pull for me (I don't let them pull after they sucked last godfest lol). In the end it really doesn't matter, you get what you get... better off just going for it and expecting the worse. It always seems like I get my best rolls when i hit rock bottom (like today for example). :)

Tobe

actually any team, plus echidna and SoD luci works, i just nuke super king pop the menace heal and grind the king.

also evolved my hera already goddamn that was fast :)

i have 2 kings and one super king left, should i use it in awoken hera, D/W vamp, Dtron??

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So Zeus is a reasonably stable run. I'm enjoying it. But I'm NOT enjoying the fact that I've cleared the dungeon 6 times and have only 1 Angelit. I want to make my Zeus baller.

Lol, I do the same thing. Trying to figure out if I wait, or if I should pull JP first or should I have my daughter or son pull for me (I don't let them pull after they sucked last godfest lol). In the end it really doesn't matter, you get what you get... better off just going for it and expecting the worse. It always seems like I get my best rolls when i hit rock bottom (like today for example). :)

Hahaha. I used to have my wife and kid do my rem pulls. They're total bad luck so I stopped doing that. The pull and close out of application method has worked best so far. Case in point with my last pull:

No more pulls for me! Gonna stone and max skill my lame Hermes now.

Zero_IYAD

So Zeus is a reasonably stable run. I'm enjoying it. But I'm NOT enjoying the fact that I've cleared the dungeon 6 times and have only 1 Angelit. I want to make my Zeus baller.
What are your team members?
I managed to grab 4 Angelits & 3 Devilits running a double Luci team, but that costed no less than 10-15 stones which is way too much : (

That's the 6.3 update in the JP version. They added special effects to the Mass attack when matching 5 orbs.

This should work but keep in mind that the Super Heavy is a double attack and only the first hit will be reduced. My suggestion would be to drop Echidna from the team for another strong dark monster (if you have one) and run Lucifer friend lead. You'll have around 30k health, auto heal and rainbow to help you out delay. The hardest part is going to be having Lilith's low Atk poison through the super. Make sure you stall on the first round if you don't get an invasion. You want all of your cooldowns available if you get an invasion.

Poison and any 2x HP team you have should be fine. I always prefer high HP teams when running Wed/Friday/Super Metals.

Jody iirc, and i'm quite sure, if two hits arrive at the same turn, godin will reduce the One bigger, so it's not a problem since it would be just 2000+300 from king ;)

Jiraiza

Each run pretty much takes 0-2 stones but I'm still trying to figure out how to clear floor 1 save for one Mythlit.

Athena/Zeus or Zeus Awoken/Izanagi with 3 light subs and an Echidna wipes the floor too easily. So annoying.

Is there like a damage calculator out there somewhere?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What are your team members?
I managed to grab 4 Angelits & 3 Devilits running a double Luci team, but that costed no less than 10-15 stones which is way too much : (

Zeus/Light busty Zeus + Echidna/Busty Hera/Hera-Is/Lilith

Floor 1: Trigger everyone to kill all but one lit (not sure how, but it works perfectly every time if there are orbs for it). Stall as long as possible. Try and keep heart orbs around for the next round.

Floor 2: Stall until 1 turn left, pop Lilith, win. You NEED those heart orbs to make sure your HP is capped going into 3.

Floor 3: This is the hardest floor. Preemptive can kill you if you're not prepared. If gravity is up, cast one to make your life easier. Pop Echidna. Target one dub, kill, target second dub. Once they are down, it's all about careful stalling and orb manipulation. If you don't have gravity up, you need to mass attack a few times. If you're looking good, this is the floor to stone on. Also, take care to setup the biggest chain you can at the start of the final floor.

Floor 4: Gravity explosion, Echidna, Lilith (basically worthless), gogogo. I say target whoever you combo more weakness for. Like, if you match 9 light orbs, Devilit (and vice versa). You have a lot of turns here. Just make lots and lots of big combos to keep orbs refreshed in case of orb troll.

Genji

Hahaha. I used to have my wife and kid do my rem pulls. They're total bad luck so I stopped doing that. The pull and close out of application method has worked best so far. Case in point with my last pull:

No more pulls for me! Gonna stone and max skill my lame Hermes now.

Haha, awesome, congrats! I had my wife do a pull for me yesterday and out came a Sylph, so no more tries for her after that :) I tried one final pull with your method and got another Haku+. Seems like she makes a decent sub so will try to run both at the same time.

Zero_IYAD

Floor 1: Trigger everyone to kill all but one lit (not sure how, but it works perfectly every time if there are orbs for it). Stall as long as possible. Try and keep heart orbs around for the next round.

Floor 2: Stall until 1 turn left, pop Lilith, win. You NEED those heart orbs to make sure your HP is capped going into 3.

Floor 3: This is the hardest floor. Preemptive can kill you if you're not prepared. If gravity is up, cast one to make your life easier. Pop Echidna. Target one dub, kill, target second dub. Once they are down, it's all about careful stalling and orb manipulation. If you don't have gravity up, you need to mass attack a few times. If you're looking good, this is the floor to stone on. Also, take care to setup the biggest chain you can at the start of the final floor.

Floor 4: Gravity explosion, Echidna, Lilith (basically worthless), gogogo. I say target whoever you combo more weakness for. Like, if you match 9 light orbs, Devilit (and vice versa). You have a lot of turns here. Just make lots and lots of big combos to keep orbs refreshed in case of orb troll.
Aaaah, that sounds hard!
This dungeon is crazy! There's no exact team that can pass through easily >_<
Just changing teams & getting used to the new one's style will require burning lots of stones.
If the new dragon fruits' dungeon this hard, things will get extremely difficult evolving our monsters -__-

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Aaaah, that sounds hard!
This dungeon is crazy! There's no exact team that can pass through easily >_<
Just changing teams & getting used to the new one's style will require burning lots of stones.
If the new dragon fruits' dungeon this hard, things will get extremely difficult evolving our monsters -__-

It's reliable enough to have 0-stoned it 6 times. That being said, no shame spending 2 stone to get a Tamadra and Angelit (like this last run, haha).

Genji

It's reliable enough to have 0-stoned it 6 times. That being said, no shame spending 2 stone to get a Tamadra and Angelit (like this last run, haha).

I can't wait until I have a team that can farm that even semi-reliably. I need a llloottt of Tamadras.

Mono red really doesn't work if your ares gets bound right out.

Thanks Jaeger! Maybe next time z. Tried with Zues team but I'm not sure I can do it with that one either.
what's the monored team that might work? i can't see the photo because China is blocking it. can someone give me the team composition, thanks.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Fuck yea - done. Busty Zeus and Hera are done. No desire to farm this dungeon more tonight. I did increase my Tamadra count from 0 to 6, so that's another fantastic side effect of this misery, haha.

J0dy77

Finished my first clear on Twinlits but had to use one stone. Used the byakko team I pulled off a 4x combo that proc'd leader skill and left one mythlit. Perfect right? Wrong, gungtroll. The Mythlit decides to lock out echidna and NO ONE ELSE. He attacked every single round and I had to move on to round two before echidna was even charged.

I thought I was done in round 3 when everything wasn't cleared but Neptune charged on the final turn. But I went into the final round with gravity and viper ready. Had to use a stone here. But then I was able to use echidna, viper, echidna without any further stones to clear the dungeon.

I liked byakko here but not sure how consistent it will be. Being able to mass attack is a big part of the success here.

razterik

Already got more Tamadra drops from Twinlits than from all my dragon runs since they were introduced. Not stoning for regular dragons ever again.

J0dy77

Yeah, F this dungeon:

25C2P1jl.jpg

Tried to do a four combo with three yellow orbs. I wind up with a 13 cascade which include a vertical drop of 5 light orbs. So random.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yeah, F this dungeon:

Tried to do a four combo with three yellow orbs. I wind up with a 13 cascade which include a vertical drop of 5 light orbs. So random.

Yeah, my post on Facebook basically said the same thing...Round 1 is clearly the hardest round in this dungeon. A bad board or an accidental mass attack cascade basically fucks you over. If you can get through round 1 and charge the skills you need for the rest of the dungeon, it turns more into a skill vs luck thing (although luck is STILL a factor).

E: Here's my farm team.

1560740_10202880620084999_1695057046_n.jpg

daemissary

Oh man, this team rocks. I can get through with 1 stone pretty regularly as long as I don't get screwed on orbs on the initial board.

Thanks!

Jagernaut

This is the team I used for twinlits.

ss7F8jyl.png

NLZ463Pl.png

this is my strategy:

stage 1- with a +297 L/L Zeus friend, matching 1 light, 1 green, and 1 blue kills all but 2 mythlits. kill 1 and stall on the other until Orochi has 4 or less turns left and both Zeus have 14 or less turns left. when leaders are not bound, move orbs without making a match so you dont kill it too fast. use echidna if you have to but charge her again before finishing the stage.

stage 2- use Echidna and Bastet, use all 4 turns to kill,

stage 3- use Orochi, target tamadra and make 1 light match and 1 green or blue mass attack each turn, you have 6 turns to kill tamadra and 10 for dubmythlits, use all turns

stage 4- use both Zeus gravities then use Echidna and Bastet, make at least 4 or 5 combos with as many 3 light orb combos as possible, Bastet's mass attack will damage both twinlits without needing to make 5 orb matches.

Zero_IYAD

Will give this team a try next time we get the dungeon.
I bustied one of my Zeuses into Zeus Stratios using the 3 Devilits I got, I needed him for my Luci team & I just Max leveled him thanks to Super Metals.
Have a 2nd Awoken Zeus at Lvl 1 tho.. I do have 4 Angelits saved for the future.. I can busty him to Zeus Olympios & level him till next time.
The problem is, I never ran a Zeus leader & I have NO IDEA when or how to strike -.-
this is my strategy:

stage 1- with a +297 L/L Zeus friend, matching 1 light, 1 green, and 1 blue kills all but 2 mythlits. kill 1 and stall on the other until Orochi has 4 or less turns left and both Zeus have 14 or less turns left. when leaders are not bound, move orbs without making a match so you dont kill it too fast. use echidna if you have to but charge her again before finishing the stage.

stage 2- use Echidna and Bastet, use all 4 turns to kill,

stage 3- use Orochi, target tamadra and make 1 light match and 1 green or blue mass attack each turn, you have 6 turns to kill tamadra and 10 for dubmythlits, use all turns

stage 4- use both Zeus gravities then use Echidna and Bastet, make at least 4 or 5 combos with as many 3 light orb combos as possible, Bastet's mass attack will damage both twinlits without needing to make 5 orb matches.
No Orochi =_=

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Will give this team a try next time we get the dungeon.
I bustied one of my Zeuses into Zeus Stratios using the 3 Devilits I got, I needed him for my Luci team & I just Max leveled him thanks to Super Metals.
Have a 2nd Awoken Zeus at Lvl 1 tho.. I do have 4 Angelits saved for the future.. I can busty him to Zeus Olympios & level him till next time.
The problem is, I never ran a Zeus leader & I have NO IDEA when or how to strike -.-

I honestly don't run Zeus much myself, but some of these newer dungeons are Zeus friendly (such as the Twinlit dungeon with full heal before boss and stupid high def monsters that don't REQUIRE damage multipliers to be effective).

In general, running a Zeus team REQUIRES at least one delay (a second doesn't hurt).

Limit

Anyone attempt twinlits with Kirin? How'd it turn out?

After my unsuccessful 1st attempt with a Ra - Ra team, I went with a Ra and Kirin combo for my second time. On second floor I triggered a 30x multiplier 9 combo and that wasn't powerful enough to take the dubs out. I imagine right now the only way to brute force this dungeon with a multiplier team is to go with a Robin and/or Anubis team. I will try Anubis out later.

Jagernaut

IIRC it's Freyr/Ares leads, enchilada, goemon, Horus, and Phoenix knight Homura.

I'd totally run with it, but my goemon is woefully under skilled .

Those teams must have a lot of + eggs. You need more than 33,333 hp so you can take a hit on stage 2 and heal back. Without a Gigas that's hard to reach.

Top Bottom