• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

xCobalt

The twinlit dungeon has been a complete bust for me. Ra failed, unexpectedly; Anubis failed, expectedly; and the good ole AA lucifer team can't handle the damage. With a Zeus Zeus team I actually managed to reach stage 4 but didn't had the gravities prepared. I could have brute forced here with stones but decided against it because I don't really need twinlits right now. In my experience this dungeon would be a lot easier with two delayers as opposed to one. So I am now going to direct my efforts towards preparing and maxing out a second delayer as I will be needing twinlits by the time Ra upgrade arrives.

Which floor do you lose on with Ra?

BlueSteel

My lit team is:

Zeus lvl 99 (max Awoke)
Echidna lvl 99 (max skill/Awoke/+ eggs)
Hera lvl 99 (max Awoken)
Neptune lvl 99
Naga lvl 28 (lol but I need the second delay)
friend Zeus/BustyZeus

Just need some luck on the first floor. Cascading orbs WILL make you mad and ruin your run, no matter how good you think you planned ahead. The strategy is to stall on round one, pop your Poison on round 2, pop your max skill Echidna round 3 and make as many five-orb combos as possible, and in round four, pop your other Echidna and pray for good combos. You can stall on round 3 if only the Tamadra is left, and that basically guarantees a win. You have to kill one lit before the first delay runs out, then pop the second delay once the singled-out lit uses its charge skill.

Round one is what gets you. Damn that round; it's GungHo at its trolliest. Anyways, that's what I cleared it with. I'm going to experiment with Lilith, Valk, and others and see what I can come up with.

This build is the truth. I almost zero-stoned it but didn't combo enough to kill the last doublelit.

linsivvi

So is this the new REM trolling instead of getting silver eggs or green eggs you get dupe gods in a row.

It's not new. There's gotta be some problem with the randomization of this game.

Back when I first started, the first God fest I pulled two Freyja in a row as well.

This build is the truth. I almost zero-stoned it but didn't combo enough to kill the last doublelit.

Yeah. Most color based burst team are just too risky since you'll simply die if you don't have the color you need in the first turn. I'd rather go with Zeus or Valk lead.

J0dy77

The twinlit dungeon has been a complete bust for me. Ra failed, unexpectedly; Anubis failed, expectedly; and the good ole AA lucifer team can't handle the damage. With a Zeus Zeus team I actually managed to reach stage 4 but didn't had the gravities prepared. I could have brute forced here with stones but decided against it because I don't really need twinlits right now. In my experience this dungeon would be a lot easier with two delayers as opposed to one. So I am now going to direct my efforts towards preparing and maxing out a second delayer as I will be needing twinlits by the time Ra upgrade arrives.

I came to post something similar. I just finished my second clear but still had to use 1 stone. I was able to stall on round 1 enough to get Echidna ready for round 2 but not enough for gravity. This is the first huge hurdle. The longer you delay round 1 the easier the dungeon. I was able to burn down round 3 with a bunch of 5 orb yellow matches but literally wiped by 1 health. Last match couldn't take down the last dub. Woody's Zeus was a rock star for me here having the reduced gravity cooldown. I popped viper burned enough to clear the dark lit and used echidna to power through the light lit.

Having two delays is really big for this dungeon. It makes the last round very manageable. If you clear one of the lits while using one delay the remaining lit will charge up 3x attack. This gives you the free round to pop the second delay and up to 10 rounds to clear them.

BlueSteel

It's not new. There's gotta be some problem with the randomization of this game.

Back when I first started, the first God fest I pulled two Freyja in a row as well.

Yeah. Most color based burst team are just too risky since you'll simply die if you don't have the color you need in the first turn. I'd rather go with Zeus or Valk lead.

Nicoga had it right actually. Wasn't expecting it to work, but triggering every one of your monsters to attack leaves just one mythlit with full HP for my underleveled team. Worked great.

And of course, I get a devilit. Sigh.

linsivvi

Nicoga had it right actually. Wasn't expecting it to work, but triggering every one of your monsters to attack leaves just one mythlit with full HP for my underleveled team. Worked great.

And of course, I get a devilit. Sigh.

Yes I have almost the exact same team, but with Bane replacing Lilith because I need the hp. I just started leveling up my Zeus so he's under leveled at the moment. I guess I should save my stones for when the dungeon comes around again.

Nista

I'm taking notes on all your attempts so I can prepare my Zeus team for next time. Though what sadist gave us another pengdras village before a gold dragon day? so out of space.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm taking notes on all your attempts so I can prepare my Zeus team for next time. Though what sadist gave us another pengdras village before a gold dragon day? so out of space.

I'm skipping pengdras for the first time since they've started the village events. Not only do I have limited space, I just don't NEED anymore right now.

bodine1231

I'm skipping pengdras for the first time since they've started the village events. Not only do I have limited space, I just don't NEED anymore right now.

I really wish either it game more xp or it would cost less stamina. It just doesnt seem worth it when I can run Tech's and get 2 or 3 pendras and triple the experience. This isn't an issue at higher ranks,but for me being only 86 I need all the ranks I can get.

Two questions:

1: Caved one final time and pulled a Byakko, what is a good team for her?

2: I pulled a phoenix knight homura yesterday, but I already have a busty homura, do I feed him to my 3* mystic knight for skill up or keep for a 5* or less dungeon?

I see lots of people run Byakko/Haku so that's something but I have no clue how she works and what is a good team...

Ducarmel

Two questions:

1: Caved one final time and pulled a Byakko, what is a good team for her?

2: I pulled a phoenix knight homura yesterday, but I already have a busty homura, do I feed him to my 3* mystic knight for skill up or keep for a 5* or less dungeon?

I see lots of people run Byakko/Haku so that's something but I have no clue how she works and what is a good team...

She has lots of subs and many potential builds to choose from. I don't know what your rank/experience or box is like but if you never played with these type of gods before orb changers are great for beginners until you get better at activating her skill/stalling and start building a descend team for her.

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=15337

http://freyja.wafflemonster.org/china_girl_teams.html

bodine1231

Ok so after the godfest I have alot more options now. For the dark team I just need to get more levels so I can swap in Rainbow Keeper or Ripper. For the healer team I can swap in Siren,another Venus or Lilith. I'd have to evolve Hades to make the Horus team work.

Of these three teams,which would I be better served with long term?

J0dy77

Anger reaching "Hulk Smash" levels with Twinlit. This is the starting bored of my last run. (Mobs are still loading in pic).

oESUwDQl.jpg

2 yellow orbs. TWO!!

Alright. I finally decided to busty my main Zeus into Olympios instead of Stratios. It warms my heart seeing a long list of Zeus on my friends list again. Plus, I had a bunch of Super and King Metals from yesterday's super dungeon, so I was able to quickly level my second Zeus, once I bustied him into Stratios. Loving this Twinlit dungeon. Guaranteed Dub-myth or TAMADRA every run, and of course a Twinlit at the end.

I'm using Zeus.O/Valk/Angelion/Ra/Echidna/Zeus(helper). All monsters are max-skilled. I'm getting consistent 0-stone runs once I figured out that I only need to make a 3-combo with one of them being Light. That leaves 1 Mythlit and a colored Lit on the board to stall on. Use Ra on rd 2, and Echidna gives me plenty of time to kill both Dub-myths on rd 3. Then I just continue to charge if necessary on TAMADRA, and kill it once all my binds expire. The team is powerful enough to 1-shot the boss level once I activate both Zeus gravities, but Echidna gives me the guaranteed cushion. I wish this was an always available dungeon.

Sucks that it happens to coincide with Zeus Descended because I'd like to skill-up my Stratios, too. My new Haku team beats it so much faster than my dual Luci team that I used to max skill my first Zeus. Though, I don't have many Hakus active in my helper list, probably because people are farming Twinlits instead.

this is likely to be far out of reach for most people but here's a skill boost tactic with Ra
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOWWTK7G75s
I saw that team suggestion listed on PADX, and I actually have all the components of that team, including fulling awoken BlOdin and Tengu. But I have far too little confidence in my Ra skills and the luck needed to get all the necessary orbs on board consistently.

chrono01

I had 7 rolls for the REM. I purchased an additional 30 Magic Stones for a total of 13 rolls. For Gods I got 2 Kirin's [not even joking, and I already have one fully evolved/awoken -_-], Bastet, and Viper Orochi. I really wanted an Arch Angel Lucifer, Haku, Byakko, Horus, Green Odin [I already have two Blue Odin], or Light Metatron. This game is cruel sometimes. I would have even taken Umisachi & Yamasachi. For the 4* eggs, the only new one for me was a Marine Rider and a Salamander.

I think I'm officially done with spending money on Magic Stones, until they get rid of 3* Eggs. It just feel like a waste [and it is] when you spend money and get nothing out of it. At least if you earn the Magic Stones and get nothing out of it, at least you only wasted your time and not actual money.

Either way, I'm definitely taking a break spending money in-game for a while. It doesn't seem like much when you buy one set of Magic Stones and then another, but when you look back over the course of a few months and add them up...it can be distressing.

Bro..
I have horus, ra, kirin, umisachi, bastet, kushinada, okonikushi, robin, suzaku, meimei, karin and pretty much any spike lead worth having save byakko..
I have SEVERAL tank lead..
I've done every descended so far, save for zeus, zeus dios and angelit..
I wanted, out of egotistical spite byakko and luci..
Spent 43 roll and got nothing but dupe, so pardon me for being a bit irritated :)
we can switch monster boxes is all I'm sayin. :)

eh. in his defense, he does roll a million times for some of these fests.

Xelios would be proud.
he doesn't need to roll anymore, lol

ccbfan

Rolled twice more and got a Hades(2nd) and a Shaitan (3rd)

Not bad Godfest.

Got a

Kirin
Haku
Venus
Hades

out of 12 rolls. (Also the red flame Ninja. God I hope Gungho does something for these Ninjas. They're terrible except for the dark one)

Most excited about Kirin and Haku since the only thing I'm missing in this game was a high level spike and a mid level spike and both are top 3 in their department without even getting a Ultimate Evo yet. Those 2 were probably my 2nd and 4th most wanted rolls after Dark Meta(1st) and Bastet(3rd). (Lucifer used to be a highly wanted roll but the new descends and the dark noel kinda made him a lot less desirable. Nothing I can't do right now I can with him.)

I think I'm done with regular REM unless they bring out some gaming changing things.

I might roll a few more Batman REMs though since a 2nd D/D Batman or Robin would be great for low cost dungeons.

More rolls :

Hades (4th total....0 skill ups)
Haku (3rd total)
Sakura (red burst lead?)
Water/Wood Twins
Horus (...meh.)
Venus
Beliel

There was some shit in there as well as a couple plus eggs. Venus is nice, but ANOTHER light sub to level is going to be brutal....

Going to try (and fail) to get a Haku skillup.

Horus is nice, but I don't know if i'll use him once Ra gets his busty

Narras

I pulled once and got a Machine Golem. That was just depressing, so I'll be using the rest of my stones on expanding my monster box. I at least got a Tamadra in Pengdra Village.

J0dy77

More rolls :

Hades (4th total....0 skill ups)
Haku (3rd total)
Sakura (red burst lead?)
Water/Wood Twins
Horus (...meh.)
Venus
Beliel

There was some shit in there as well as a couple plus eggs. Venus is nice, but ANOTHER light sub to level is going to be brutal....

Going to try (and fail) to get a Haku skillup.

Horus is nice, but I don't know if i'll use him once Ra gets his busty

Which way were you planning on bustying Ra? I can't see a scenario where I'd want Ra over Horus Busty. Matching all 5 colors has always been so inconsistent for me. Although I just got Ra and never really practiced enough. I am literally running out of wood, water and fire to level but have a ton of light. Ra is going to get priority so I can practice.

I think I'm done with the REM and using stones for stamina refresh on metals. Going to save up everything to throw at this dungeon when it comes back around.

Edit: and why the heck didn't US get the New Years dungeon like JP did the past two days? Two free stones and two gold kings.

Colby

I almost no-stoned Twinlits, but Tamadra locked GC's Zeus up to 14 turns. Guess that's the cost of being so good!

J0dy77

We got it for Lunar New Years last year, maybe they won't forget about it this time around

Gungho knew exactly what they were doing for New Years. Having the Player's choice Godfest coincide with the first appearance of twinlits was far from a coincidence. Ate up all the free stones with rolls and had the cash registers ringing for twinlit refreshes. They've been sitting at top 4 grossing app for days, heck I almost caved and bought 5 stones for twins(held off). Well played gungtroll, well played.

maks

Had 5 rolls saved up. Temporarily switched over to IAP for 6 more rolls...

Hades
Flame mystic Knight
Dark mystic Knight
Byakko
Flame Golem
Machine Golem
Venus
Minerva
Shardra
Mystical Alraune
Dark angel Metatron

Was hoping for Yomi, Kirin...i can't complain.

Jagernaut

Anger reaching "Hulk Smash" levels with Twinlit. This is the starting bored of my last run. (Mobs are still loading in pic).

oESUwDQl.jpg

2 yellow orbs. TWO!!

I can beat that. On one of the runs with my Zeus team there was only 1 yellow orb on the screen at the start. I comboed with what I had available, triggered a cascade and cleared the board. Of course I died on the next stage because I had no skills charged.

Radav

I can beat that. On one of the runs with my Zeus team there was only 1 yellow orb on the screen at the start. I comboed with what I had available, triggered a cascade and cleared the board. Of course I died on the next stage because I had no skills charged.

I missed my Pengdra Village time cause I was busy. So with the 60 stamina I had I gave this dungeon one more shot. Of course I had the exact same scenario play out. Used a Zeus team had no light orbs. I still made a big combo but got a 3x3 stack of light orbs in the cascade that caused the floor to sweep and I was boned again. lol Unreal how frustrating this stupid dungeon is.

Jagernaut

I've had many first stage failures on Twinlits but I kept trying for 2 days and managed to beat it 7 times netting 3 Angelits and 4 Devilits. I now have a D/D Hera and L/L Zeus, and will go for 2 more Devilits in the future to make a D/L Zeus.

Tobe

bad luck tobe striked again, mom got really sick spent the whole day at the hospital. returned home 30 min ago and i said fuck it im gonna try rolling. god was on my side or something.

started out with 2 batman pull
D/W Batman
D/D Batman

everything good for now :)

REM
Echidna (thought my luck was gonna fuck me over, but still its a good pull ill level that shit up and awaken my enchilada)

Yomi+ (fuck yeah)

Titan(fuck this shit)

Demon Viper orochi +(GODDAMIT YES!!!!)

Shaitan, elemetal (free awakening for my shaitan)

Viper Orochi (YES DAMMIT 3 GOLD EGGS IN A ROW :D )

Hades (4 GODDAMN IM ON A ROLL, GET IT :p)

Soul Guardian Byakko+ (I should go buy the lotto)

dryad+ (well streak had to end)

Mystic Dark knight+(actually this is good for me didnt have it, and needed a cdk)

MOTHERFUCKING KIRIN UP IN THIS BITCH :D

Naga

Vampire lord, probably gonna evolve him, de busty my vamp and awaken him

Shaitan

Another Yomi :)

im really happy even tho i didnt get bastet or luci :) what do you think gaf did i win or not :)

This GodFest was .... ok I guess. I really wanted an Odin or something like that though.

1.) Mystic Ice Knight
2.) Golem
3.) Minerva
4.) Shardra
5.) Kirin
6.) Mystc Stone Knight

So, other then the Kirin really it sucked but the Kirin is real nice.

I already had Karin and Okuninushi though so really did not need another combo team lead like that. Was more going for building a resistance team or something like that. Wanted Odin or Lucifer.

Genji

bad luck tobe striked again, mom got really sick spent the whole day at the hospital. returned home 30 min ago and i said fuck it im gonna try rolling. god was on my side or something.

started out with 2 batman pull
D/W Batman
D/D Batman

everything good for now :)

REM
Echidna (thought my luck was gonna fuck me over, but still its a good pull ill level that shit up and awaken my enchilada)

Yomi+ (fuck yeah)

Titan(fuck this shit)

Demon Viper orochi +(GODDAMIT YES!!!!)

Shaitan, elemetal (free awakening for my shaitan)

Viper Orochi (YES DAMMIT 3 GOLD EGGS IN A ROW :D )

Hades (4 GODDAMN IM ON A ROLL, GET IT :p)

Soul Guardian Byakko+ (I should go buy the lotto)

dryad+ (well streak had to end)

Mystic Dark knight+(actually this is good for me didnt have it, and needed a cdk)

MOTHERFUCKING KIRIN UP IN THIS BITCH :D

Naga

Vampire lord, probably gonna evolve him, de busty my vamp and awaken him

Shaitan

Another Yomi :)

im really happy even tho i didnt get bastet or luci :) what do you think gaf did i win or not :)

You win :)

ZeroAKA

Decided to go for one more pull with the 5 stones I managed to save up: Flare Drall.

I got 4/7 gold eggs overall during this Godfest, 1 of which was a dupe (AA Luci), 2 of which are basically useless (Belial and Ame no Uzume), and 1 of which is both a dupe and useless (Flare Drall). No more REM for me until the next Player's Choice Godfest/Carnival and definitely going to stay far away from Fire Carnivals.

razterik

Last minute rolls because I had too much to drink tonight.

Cupid. Fuck.
Archangel Lucifer. Finally, when I don't even want you anymore.
Ame no Uzume. Well, okay, not a dupe.
Yomi. Dupe, but fantastic. Now I can do both evolutions.

4/9 gold total. Much better. I guess I should drink and roll more often..

And followed this with two failed Twinlit runs. Should have waited on my Zeus busty, running two of them is a little too strong for the first floor with my build.

Colby

So 23 stones for 3 Angelits and 5 Devillits. Pretty rough for a non-IAP player. The Mythlits and Dublits and Tamadras are nice, but that's a really hard hit. Well, I've got a max level Olympios if you guys want to use me, I guess.

oESUwDQl.jpg

2 yellow orbs. TWO!!

this board doesnt seem too bad. just match a blue and a red and if you dont cascade you should kill the two lits, then just stall on the mythlit. even a green and a red wouldve probably worked since you have full hp and zeus wouldve activated.

Tobe

yup i cant even think of getting an angelit, that shit is way beyond reach for now. im gonna see how far a byakko team gets me, while i level up kirin. now i really want a dtron team

daemissary

So 23 stones for 3 Angelits and 5 Devillits. Pretty rough for a non-IAP player. The Mythlits and Dublits and Tamadras are nice, but that's a really hard hit. Well, I've got a max level Olympios if you guys want to use me, I guess.

Yeah, as a fellow non-IAPer, I think almost all my free stones are gonna basically need to be used exclusively on Twinlits when it pops up. At least until there is a viable team to no stone it super consistently.

Regretting those 7 pulls I made during this Godfest...shoulda just got more twinlits.

Yeah, as a fellow non-IAPer, I think almost all my free stones are gonna basically need to be used exclusively on Twinlits when it pops up. At least until there is a viable team to no stone it super consistently.

Regretting those 7 pulls I made during this Godfest...shoulda just got more twinlits.

I am pretty sure the zeus team can zero stone it semi reliably if it gets past the first round with at least echidna charged. I've been recently able to consistently do twinlits with zero stones with awoken zeus olympios lead, valk verche echidna orochi unless i get skyfalls round one that clear the wave.

Colby

I am pretty sure the zeus team can zero stone it semi reliably if it gets past the first round with at least echidna charged. I've been recently able to consistently do twinlits with zero stones with awoken zeus olympios lead, valk verche echidna orochi unless i get skyfalls round one that clear the wave.
If you can get past round 1 with your skills reasonably charged, you can no-stone reliably, one stone at the max. But that round one, man. I can't tell you how many times I had to quit because five damn light orbs dropped from the sky to wipe everyone out. I'm not looking forward to getting five more Angels for Horus, Archangel, and Yomi.

^ Purely exist for trolling purposes only

that's basically what its like when I play..

this board doesnt seem too bad. just match a blue and a red and if you dont cascade you should kill the two lits, then just stall on the mythlit. even a green and a red wouldve probably worked since you have full hp and zeus wouldve activated.

except the floor hasn't loaded yet in that picture. All the 'lits' are there...not just 3

Sigh they really should introduce a way to convert dragon plant and seed..
Say 3 seed for a plant and three plant for a seed..
12 run, 5 plant, rest seed and carbuncle

Top Bottom