• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

xCobalt

just did...living in china, they block imgur. couldn't tell if it uploaded or not.

Anyways, do i have any desended teams for Goemon, Hera-Is, and Hera-Ur or do i jeed to get something/level something?

I'm focusing on max leveling Siren,Echidna, Shynee, and Glorious Healer, and my Valk. other than that im going for vamp, hera, and dark ancient dragon.
Also jester dragon. he's max skilled.

For Goemon, you can go for a 4xHP and RCV team. Blue Noel with Siren, Berserk, Fenrir and one other blue monster. I think I had an Ice Golem when I did my run. You can pop its defensive stance right before your monsters are binded.

Hera Is is pretty similar to regular Hera actually. You can use Drawn Joker with an Odin friend along with defensive/healing subs.

Unrelated, but is it illegal to in your country to bypass the block of imgur?

Also, Siren may or may not be worth the XP. Same with Echidna for now. Getting them both to around 75 or so is more beneficial. The last 24 levels don't really add much.
People said valk is a good twinlit dungeon team, and they seem to be good for a lot of other descends, but their HP is low. I figure every little bit helps mo matter what.

People said valk is a good twinlit dungeon team, and they seem to be good for a lot of other descends, but their HP is low. I figure every little bit helps mo matter what.

valk teams that run descends usually need 2 valks or some other healers with high hp pools, like venus, and a lot of levels. Unfortunately I don't think you will be able to field a descend worthy valk team. I suggest instead to build out your blue noel team, then use it to farm a goemon. That will give you a lead that can tackle a bunch of descends.

coy

If I don't have a Valkyrie, would the L/L Ult of Archangel be good to aim for(when it comes out)?

I would say yes, but keep in mind that the 2x HP/ATK Angel requires 2 Angelits. Other than that, she opens up opportunities for healer teams with a greater HP pool while still being able to deal decent damage with another Angel. Or, pair her up with Valk/LTron/Bastet for even more damage dealt. Anyways, she seems fun.

E: Slowmo. Anyways, forgot to mention the pulls from last night. 3/6 gold eggs although 1 was a dupe (Hades so it's cool) and the other was Ifrit. But that last gold egg was Horus! The reason I rerolled the day of the first Egyptian godfest was for Horus. I never did get him (started with G.Odin then Shiva so definitely was keeping it) but still wanted him. I did get Isis on my alt and my lady had Ra to practice but no Horus. Only got to use him with the Puzzle Challenge app. Now, after tons of Isis/Kirin practice, I feel even more elated that he dropped! Had to share that after my own personal excitement. I won't be revisiting the REM again until we get Heroes/JP 1.0 godfest or HxH does appear here.

What are some of your long-term projects?

Max skill remaining Mystics, Heartbreakers and Toy Dragons
Max level the god drops from descends
Busty any of the late bloomers I have
Athena/Light Meta/Byakko +297

short term projects:

Ultimate Evo Amaterasu Okami (for healer team)
Evo and Decently level Byakko (Haku team)
Evo, Ultimate and Decently Level Venus (for healer team alternate/Anubis…)

Long Term Projects:
Susano - Skill ups and such
2nd Valk - (why not)
chu chulainn - final Evo and Ultimate evo
Skill ups on remaining mystic Knights - Verche, CDK, and Fenrir Knight (lol)
Maybe Fallen Angel Lucifer, but only so if Tamas get Cheap I can awaken him for Dark Skill downs

Genji

Really jealous of the D/W Batman. I don't have Loki either for that double dark damage ability. Being able to pop that gives the team the extra burst for the really high HP dungeons.

Really happy with deciding to do a random pull on the batcha. Hoping it does provide enough spike for bosses.

My haku team is
Haku
Haku
Echinda
Dark Liege, Vampire Duke
Jester Dragon, Drawn Joker
Haku

I might give that a try, seems like a very stable team. Do you run that for regular farming or for descends?

Seems pretty similar to the satan build although Hera-Is isn't usually on those teams. I've seen builds with Loki over King Baddie or another orb changer/enhancer over Hera Is.
Oh. I haven't seen the Satan team, even though I have a max awoken Satan of my own. But Satan and Hera have the same leader skill, albeit with Hera having an HP condition, so it's not surprising they'd use similar teams. I only run Hera-Is because mine is max skilled. Otherwise, I'd rather use D/D Hades or another mob if I don't need a third gravity. But I've also found having that Water damage is nice when the board doesn't have many Dark orbs, I can still sweep with an AOE Water attack.

But I think Queen Hera basically makes for a better Dark alternative to Zeus than even Dark Zeus himself. Unlike Satan, she has the ability to heal. And when below 80% health, you can stall without sweeping floors the way you can with Zeus. And of course there's her gravity skill.

J0dy77

So a Team of

Kirin
Valk max skilled
Verche max skilled
Hera-IS
Enchilada max skilled

Is what I'm thinking. Good burst (With Valk and Verche), delay, gravity and good balanced stats. I basically already have this team after I level my Kirin. I also have a Venus (just got), GOdin, Max skilled Berserk, and Thor.

You posted the standard Kirin team right there. I've been using that exact setup with Horus/Kirin for the majority of descendeds for a while now. Really great team and a ton of burst light damage when you pop both orb cool downs.

Kreed

Went looking to see if any whales already started experimenting with any Divine Heroes even before the buff is happening, and yo they might actually be pretty legit with the right team?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4iaZaDmSJc

They were never bad leaders (even before the leader skill improvement). There's just better spike leaders that aren't "as" dependent on orb changers/orb enhancers and allow you to run more diverse teams (shield, delay, gravity, etc...).

Ducarmel

You guys think I could take Hera-Is? http://www.padherder.com/user/BCHero/

I'm working on it right now. I've also got a Kushinada for a spike set-up, but her 5x requires 10 combos :X

Max skill Siren and Awoken Hera will make it a lot easier on you with this dungeon I'm not sure what the HP threshold is but you want as much hp as possible.

I assume you used odin resist team to get hera right? So its almost the same strategy except but with technical dungeon rules. Instead of bringing MK.III or Poison you want to bring RK or Wood Mech Warrior Asgard for his defense stance.

So

Drawn Joker leader / Hera / Siren / RK or Wood Mech Warrior Asgard / Echidna / Odin Friend

If you want to use your own odin then

Odin Leader / Hera / Siren / RK or Wood Mech Warrior Asgard / Echidna / Abyss Neptune friend, if your confident you don't need a second heart maker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNhrbwFsBzs
This is a god team but its the same strategy watch it to get an idea of when to use skills. For example you want to have defensive stance ready because on the first turn Hera binds four monsters.

Also this is one of those times you want to use wire shark if you decide you want to use stones to get her because she is a 40 percent drop and it takes 2hrs to beat this dungeon with Odin resist team. It would suck if you spent say 1 - 5 stones because of a mistake and not get her.

J0dy77

Went looking to see if any whales already started experimenting with any Divine Heroes even before the buff is happening, and yo they might actually be pretty legit with the right team?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4iaZaDmSJc

They were never bad leaders (even before the leader skill improvement). There's just better spike leaders that aren't "as" dependent on orb changers/orb enhancers and allow you to run more diverse teams (shield, delay, gravity, etc...).

What am I missing here? What's the leader change? This seems like an extreme scenario in terms of capability for the team. And keep in mind +297 on all 4 of the mobs he's using would equal the stats of most players full teams in terms of stats. This gimmick would fail in a lot of dungeons. The damage from these teams is extremely dependent on orb changers and having the ability to get 8+ orb of the same type. I'd have to see it in action or play around with it but I don't see it being diverse. He's using 4 orb changers already and could probably use more. With the tougher descendeds you have to max damage every turn. Setting up a bored to get 16x is not going to cut it.

ok need to help deciding on what to use my noel for (it's fire).

fire monsters I could use it for :

Ult Gigas (42)
Unevo'd Horus (31)

light monsters I could us it for :

A.Zeus (37)
Valk (89...would use about 100k xp)
Venus (4)

to be honest, I'm not sure I would use Horus all that much. My go-to farm team is valk and my descended team is either valk or Ra.

Zeus or Venus (would evo Venus first).

Thoughts?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Anyone farming Batman for skillup mobs? Thinking of doing that these next few days.

And Bosstones, I would seriously seriously SERIOUSLY avoid using a noel for an off-colored feed. That XP for same color feeding is INSANE. If you don't use Horus or Gigas much, dump it in a Goemon, Freyr, or some other red monster you use relatively often.

Kreed

What am I missing here? What's the leader change? This seems like an extreme scenario in terms of capability for the team. And keep in mind +297 on all 4 of the mobs he's using would equal the stats of most players full teams in terms of stats. This gimmick would fail in a lot of dungeons. The damage from these teams is extremely dependent on orb changers and having the ability to get 8+ orb of the same type. I'd have to see it in action or play around with it but I don't see it being diverse. He's using 4 orb changers already and could probably use more. With the tougher descendeds you have to max damage every turn. Setting up a bored to get 16x is not going to cut it.

The leader skill change was giving them a minimum 5 orb activation instead of 8, but for only x2.5 attack. With every additional orb +0.5 damage is added, for a max of x4 attack. Your issues still stand though. With Gungho introducing secondary abilities to a lot of monsters (example: Dragon Breath attacks causing orb color changes), this could change, but right now they aren't nearly as versatile as the other spike teams.

Anyone farming Batman for skillup mobs? Thinking of doing that these next few days.

And Bosstones, I would seriously seriously SERIOUSLY avoid using a noel for an off-colored feed. That XP for same color feeding is INSANE. If you don't use Horus or Gigas much, dump it in a Goemon, Freyr, or some other red monster you use relatively often.

ugh...but Light XP is SUCH a pain in the ass to get. I'll hold off for now until something better opens up

Maledict

After just watching the video linked above, I am in awe of what is possible in the game. I struggle to get more than a 3 connect every time, and clearly am not "getting" the fundamental basics of how to make multiple combo's. Is there any videos or guides you could recommend that show you how to play the actual game and spot the combos?

Also, I fear I became a whale overnight during the last godfest. On the plus side, I now have Horus, Odin, Belial, Flamerider Sonia, Archangel Gabril, Archangel Michael * 2, Artemis, Solar Deity Apollo and Archangel Raphael * 2 to go with my Lovely Maiden Princess alkyrie and Chu-chulain (from the starting rolls).

Just not skilled enough yet to really use them all (or use more than one of them in a team at once...).

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
ugh...but Light XP is SUCH a pain in the ass to get. I'll hold off for now until something better opens up

Oh I know - it's garbage. Maxing my Valk, Kirin, and Angelion was not fun. My Zeus and LTron sucked. I'm still hurting to get my Venus up, Athena, my other Zeus...It's garbage man. But I would feed kings before I would feed a Noel. I maxed Valk through off-color kings. But my blue Noel went to Is, my green went to Bastet, and my red will go to someone...But always feed a Noel on color! :p

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
After just watching the video linked above, I am in awe of what is possible in the game. I struggle to get more than a 3 connect every time, and clearly am not "getting" the fundamental basics of how to make multiple combo's. Is there any videos or guides you could recommend that show you how to play the actual game and spot the combos?

Also, I fear I became a whale overnight during the last godfest. On the plus side, I now have Horus, Odin, Belial, Flamerider Sonia, Archangel Gabril, Archangel Michael * 2, Artemis, Solar Deity Apollo and Archangel Raphael * 2 to go with my Lovely Maiden Princess alkyrie and Chu-chulain (from the starting rolls).

Just not skilled enough yet to really use them all (or use more than one of them in a team at once...).

You playing EU or JP? I'm intrigued by Sonia in the sense that it's a new lead, ha.

Also, those are some good starts. Horus is great, having Valk means you've got the hardest part of your healer team (since the rest are farmable), and the angels make great tank leads. Odin is an awesome sub (and lead early on). Artemis is mono-green pro, and Chu is stupid levels of versatile.

J0dy77

The leader skill change was giving them a minimum 5 orb activation instead of 8, but for only x2.5 attack. With every additional orb +0.5 damage is added, for a max of x4 attack. Your issues still stand though. With Gungho introducing secondary abilities to a lot of monsters (example: Dragon Breath attacks causing orb color changes), this could change, but right now they aren't nearly as versatile as the other spike teams.

That is better but still iffy. 16x seems to be the needed multiplier for some burst teams though. Seeing what teams people can put together will be interesting. With Horizontal match awakenings and skill reduction they could be great farm teams. Pandora seems like the nice one. Throw the ninjas, vamp, CDK and a few reduced skill cooldowns and you can stack a lot of dark orbs.

These teams might even be great for Twinlits with the reduced cooldown and stacking orb changers as long as you can handle turn 1.

Tobe

i thought my days of team cost would be over, nop i was wrong dark meta came to fuck me with a bloody cost of 60.

ok so for a haku team,

Haku lead
D/W Vamp
A Hera
enchilada
Dark meta (or D/Wbats)
haku friend

I'm sure most of these videos are just exhibitions of skill and creative/challenging team compositions. There are probably many failures in attempting to create these perfect runs for YT. I wonder how many times that one player failed to clear Athena with nothing but a couple of Anubis leads...

These players are undoubtedly able to clear any dungeon available when using their optimal teams. These YT vids are just fun challenges for them, since it probably gets boring 0-stoning everything easily with Kirin, Ra, etc..

If you have a high priority Light monster to level up, don't hesitate to feed it a colored Noel Dragon. That's what I did. It's no different than feeding it colored Pengdras, but on a larger scale. Light is the one color I don't mind feeding anything and everything to level. There are some very powerful Light monsters that are worth leveling sooner than later.

Look for similarly-colored orbs bunched together. In the OP there is linked patterns to "solve" very common groupings:
y9IvO.png

After you get some practice in you can start combining those patterns together without even thinking about it. And for harder boards sometimes I'll sit there and think for a few minutes about the best way to solve them. Eventually you'll be able to do 4+ combos without even having to plan them out in advance.

There's also been a lot of words and videos written about solving advanced patterns. See:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqs9cL8Mync
http://www.thisisgame.com/pad/tboard/?board=22&n=63168

Asides from that some players just have crazy puzzle skills that just leave us in awe.

i thought my days of team cost would be over, nop i was wrong dark meta came to fuck me with a bloody cost of 60.

ok so for a haku team,

Haku lead
D/W Vamp
A Hera
enchilada
Dark meta (or D/Wbats)
haku friend
Bro
I have to make a team of
Asta
A hera (or busty when i feel i'm up for that descended)
A hera is
Belial
Another devil (cerea,minerva,neptune,hades)..
Asta

So i feel you :p

J0dy77

So who's finished Batman Lrgendary? Anyone beat it with a non Gomeon team? I'm thinking of Horus/Kirin with dual delays. Not sure if ill be able to stall for 25 turns though.

So who's finished Batman Lrgendary? Anyone beat it with a non Gomeon team? I'm thinking of Horus/Kirin with dual delays. Not sure if ill be able to stall for 25 turns though.

Haku team did work.

Haku
D/W Vamp
D/D CDD
Hera-Is
Echidna

You just have to stall long enough to activate Haku for 6/7. It was actually rather painless despite some huge hitters in there.

Noirulus

Max skill Siren and Awoken Hera will make it a lot easier on you with this dungeon I'm not sure what the HP threshold is but you want as much hp as possible.

I assume you used odin resist team to get hera right? So its almost the same strategy except but with technical dungeon rules. Instead of bringing MK.III or Poison you want to bring RK or Wood Mech Warrior Asgard for his defense stance.

So

Drawn Joker leader / Hera / Siren / RK or Wood Mech Warrior Asgard / Echidna / Odin Friend

If you want to use your own odin then

Odin Leader / Hera / Siren / RK or Wood Mech Warrior Asgard / Echidna / Abyss Neptune friend, if your confident you don't need a second heart maker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNhrbwFsBzs
This is a god team but its the same strategy watch it to get an idea of when to use skills. For example you want to have defensive stance ready because on the first turn Hera binds four monsters.

Also this is one of those times you want to use wire shark if you decide you want to use stones to get her because she is a 40 percent drop and it takes 2hrs to beat this dungeon with Odin resist team. It would suck if you spent say 1 - 5 stones because of a mistake and not get her.

I used a dub-Luci team against Hera. I did end up using 4 stones though so maybe that wasn't the optimal set-up...

You think I could pull off an UmiYama team with my roster?

Musan

I used Kushinada/Bastet rainbow team when I was skilling up my blodin. Not sure how horus would do, but you can also use a dmg reducer instead of a 2nd delay if you don't want to wait 25 turns.

Jagernaut

I used Kushinada/Bastet rainbow team when I was skilling up my blodin. Not sure how horus would do, but you can also use a dmg reducer instead of a 2nd delay if you don't want to wait 25 turns.

Musan, how many +297 monsters do you have? I only have +262 total in my monster collection with +62 Rose Valkyrie as the highest.

J0dy77

Hmmm good idea. Maybe Ill swap in Susano instead of Viper and drop Chu Chu. Now if only I'd gotten one skillup out of the dozen scallions I fed him... /shakesfist.

xCobalt

I did it with Kirin/Kirin. Subs were Verche, Valk, Echidna and Ice Mech. Defensive stance definitely was useful.

Musan

Musan, how many +297 monsters do you have? I only have +262 total in my monster collection with +62 Rose Valkyrie as the highest.

Three, Haku, Hera-Is, Echidna. I've been slowing down on farming it with lvling up other guys and farming twinlits. Though I'll be doing OoH a lot this weekend to get back up to speed.

Thinking it over, I'll probably feed Hera-Is if I ever do pull whatever's the new flavor of the month, most likely Blue/Red Sonia or Dtron if I get a Hanzo. I've already skilled up a 2nd Hera-Is and Echidna if that ever happens.

Yeah, I did it, 0-stone, with this team (also posted on PDX):

SOD Lucifer
Hera
Hera-Is
D/D Hades
Siren
SOD Lucifer

It's a very simple clear, as long as you get Deathstroke on round 6. If Venom Bane shows up, your run is over. Otherwise, here's the strategy:

Rounds 1, 2, 4, and 5: Just play normally. Do your best to charge all your skills, but since your attack is so weak, it shouldn't be a problem at all.

Round 3: If Grundy shows up, you have to down his compatriot before they both get to attack. In my case, I got Grundy and Firefly, both with 2-turn timers, so I had to nuke out Firefly with two Morning Stars. Grundy's first attack won't kill you, but it will hit you for 99%, and his partner will finish you. Charge your skills back up on this round, and then finish Grundy with Morning Star before he does Resurrection (which he can do multiple times).

Round 6: Again, if Venom Bane shows up here, just quit the dungeon. Assuming you get Deathstroke, it's a pretty simple matter of chipping him away. Use whatever skills you want, but make sure they're all charged up when you finish the round. Siren's skill will help a lot here.

Round 7: Unload everything on Joker. Grav, Grav, Grav, Morning Star, Guard Stance, and heal to over 23k, so you can take a hit. Then use Morning Star to finish him, and you're done.

Three, Haku, Hera-Is, Echidna. I've been slowing down on farming it with lvling up other guys and farming twinlits. Though I'll be doing OoH a lot this weekend to get back up to speed.

Love your Haku.

Yeah, I did it, 0-stone, with this team (also posted on PDX):

SOD Lucifer
Hera
Hera-Is
D/D Hades
Siren
SOD Lucifer

It's a very simple clear, as long as you get Deathstroke on round 6. If Venom Bane shows up, your run is over. Otherwise, here's the strategy:

...that seems like a bad strategy. Isn't Deathstroke the rare invade? I've seen him once in about 5 total runs.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Love your Haku.

...that seems like a bad strategy. Isn't Deathstroke the rare invade? I've seen him once in about 5 total runs.

Haha, yeah...This strategy is (no offense) really really not good. Relying on not getting orb trolled is one thing. But to rely on an (at best) 50/50 monster showing up? :|

Top Bottom