• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

its_happening_played_in_reverse.gif

BWlIDerCcAEG9d4.jpg

New evo mat (I guess it'd be... Trip-Topalit?) incoming for Zeus busty

razterik

What's the recommended HP for a Valk team for Hera? I'm planning on farming tomorrow, and I may use a Valk team since it might be faster than my current Horus setup.

First break point is over 10780 to take a hit from Ceres. Second is over 11294 to take two hits from Venus. Nothing else really matters since you shouldn't let Minerva or Hera hit you. It is pretty quick, but it will take a couple runs before you get a feel for it.

razterik

I've run into an issue with Athena, was curious what you guys are doing with Chu Chu. If I'm using a Kirin team should I be able to break his defense and nuke him down? I've hit him with some huge combos only to watch it all bounce off him. Trying to zero stone it so Chu Chu has stopped me twice.

You probably aren't going to crack his defense, but it's not completely impossible once he switches to dark. Team members with sub colors are really helpful here for doing extra chip damage. George and I both had good runs using Angelion to make hearts while wearing him down. You could sub in a different heart maker, such as Megalodran, Parvati, or even Siren. What's your RCV on your team?

Radav

You probably aren't going to crack his defense, but it's not completely impossible once he switches to dark. Team members with sub colors are really helpful here for doing extra chip damage. George and I both had good runs using Angelion to make hearts while wearing him down. You could sub in a different heart maker, such as Megalodran, Parvati, or even Siren. What's your RCV on your team?

Yeah I think I'll see what I can do with Parvati there.

Kreed

Fuck.

As if Tamadras weren't enough of a bitch, they do this?

Japan has had a lot of these "special" evolution materials just for certain monsters, but usually it is for collaborations (the current one running has these waffle monsters). I'd assume this is a similar deal vs Tamadras since these materials are just for Zeus and not for the majority of monsters like Tamadras. We'll probably get a new Zeus Descended Dungeon to show off his new ultimate forms, and these monsters will appear as enemies in it. Drop/appearance rate wise I'd assume they would be on the level of those yellow cats in the War Dragon dungeons, especially if the new dungeon is Mystical level.

Still, they are going to have to do a lot with Zeus' ultimates to make it worth the effort of hunting them down, especially with so many good monster options now for clearing most of the game's content (both in and outside the Rare Egg Machine).

StMeph

Japan has had a lot of these "special" evolution materials just for certain monsters, but usually it is for collaborations. I'd assume this is a similar deal vs Tamadras since these materials are just for Zeus and not for the majority of monsters like Tamadras. We'll probably get a new Zeus Descended Dungeon to show off his new ultimate forms, and these monsters will appear as enemies in it. Drop/appearance rate wise I'd assume they would be on the level of those yellow cats in the War Dragon dungeons, especially if the new dungeon is Mystical level.

Still, they are going to have to do a lot with Zeus' ultimates to make it worth the effort of hunting them down, especially with so many good monster options now for clearing most of the game's content (both in and outside the Rare Egg Machine).

That would make sense for the source of the new evo material if it really is exclusive to Zeus.

As for making him relevant again, an updated Leader skill would go a long way. He already has an incredible stat line and the strongest Gravity effect in the game.

coy

Byakko 50 +1 (unevolved d'oh)
D/D Hades 85 +1
Hera-Is 53 +1
Hera-Ur 59
Ecchi 85 +5
Byakko 78 +30 (thanks MGT!)

My goal was 5 stones or less considering my lead is a puny weakling stats-wise. Could use more in the Hera sisters as well. However, due to my affinity for Athena (the deity), I was ready to give her a shot while trying a whole new team as I've only cleared descendeds with Persephone/Lucifer or Kirin teams. 4 stones later and now a proud proprietor of the lovely goddess.

Which is saying something because it took 5 with Kirin team ugh.

Flambe

Ahh Hera Descended.. Time to put Viper Orochi to use? Hard part will be putting the subs in and not going over hp healing limit, though have Amaterasu Ohkami friend which will be nice.

Reading that Light harpies/chimeras are good but I have neither, crap >.< Always something...

Edit:

Okay how's this, I think I have hp threshold of 5100ish hp so

Viper Orochi
Lilith
Verche
Indra
Genie

2453 light ATK, 4598 hp.

Alternate subs that should fit are Kirin (hmm gravity), Archdemon Baal, Thor, maybe even SOD Luci for his morning star even though he's not Light hmm

raiot

Ok, so just brute force. I calculated the dmg and came to the conclusion that i needed to have a minimum of 4 x 3 matches... and then was afraid to blow my CDs :D

chrono01

I've been re-rolling for a few hours [I have horrible luck] for a decent God to start the game off, and after much waiting I managed to get Archangel Raphael. I know he's in listed in the OT as being one of the recommended ones to grab first off, but will he suffice until I can manage to get more later on?

I'd really rather not re-roll more since I'll likely have difficulties getting another decent God, but if it's going to impact me later on in the game I guess I will.

raiot

Raphael is good, but not as a starter...
Light monsters are very hard to level and you can't just assemble a team on the go like lucifer...

Try to get a multiplier or luci... although its painful :(

mono-light is really ,really rough for new players, and Raph doesn't fit in elsewhere.

If it was any other mono-color lead I would say keep and start your journey, but I can't say that for Raphael.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
mono-light is really ,really rough for new players, and Raph doesn't fit in elsewhere.

If it was any other mono-color lead I would say keep and start your journey, but I can't say that for Raphael.

Yeah, I should probably add this to the OP.

Actually, I made sure NOT to include mono-light options. Chrono01 just had a typo is all. :) I was reading that saying to myself, "I would never have suggested mono-light, so I need to edit that pronto."

Mono-light is fine to use late game(ish), but the monsters are far to difficult to come by. On top of that, you really don't have the utility. Sure, it has the strongest gravity in the game, but I'm nearly positive you can't obtain said 35% gravity with mono-light without going crazy on IAP.

Goroh

Started playing seven days ago, today i had my first attempt at the keepers. I thought they would be way harder, but i 2shotted them with isis/horus lol. I'll leave the rainbow one for another time though, i'm not nearly ready fot it~

Started playing seven days ago, today i had my first attempt at the keepers. I thought they would be way harder, but i 2shotted them with isis/horus lol. I'll leave the rainbow one for another time though, i'm not nearly ready fot it~

Nice work! With the right resolve team using a green odin leader, rainbow keeper isn't that much harder. Highly suggest at your rank you only farm is during the 2x events every other week or so.

That Hera team actually will probably work. What are the final RCV and HP counts with a high level Lucifer friend? Knowing how often you have to match hearts on Hera and if you can eat Hades' attacks are the big thing in the dungeon for that team.

Zero_IYAD

Guys, could you please put up your SoD Lucifers/ Abyss Neptunes
Trying to farm 10 RKs today & just realized how super fast to clear a run with x2 Gravity + x2 MS / x1 MS + Dark Resist + Poison

Ducarmel

That Hera team actually will probably work. What are the final RCV and HP counts with a high level Lucifer friend? Knowing how often you have to match hearts on Hera and if you can eat Hades' attacks are the big thing in the dungeon for that team.

Total HP is 33628 and RCV is 2998

But I am short 4 team cost to add a fourth RK, now I see why the suggested build was for a regular piedra-drawn joker

Guys, could you please put up your SoD Lucifers/ Abyss Neptunes
Trying to farm 10 RKs today & just realized how super fast to clear a run with x2 Gravity + x2 MS / x1 MS + Dark Resist + Poison

9x ATK teams work well as well. Just murdered Rainbow with Hera-Urx2 Devil team.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Valk farming for Hera...Is it possible? Kirin still requires some orb luck and thought. It's fine, but I want to farm this place like mad. :|

Zero_IYAD

Thanks for those who put up their Lucifers, 3 RKs so far, could you please keep refreshing them every now & then? Aiming for more : )
Any SoD Lucifer will do, just need him for the x2 HP & MS

9x ATK teams work well as well. Just murdered Rainbow with Hera-Urx2 Devil team.
No Hera-Ur for me sadly -.-

Thanks for those who put up their Lucifers, 3 RKs so far, could you please keep refreshing them every now & then? Aiming for more : )
Any SoD Lucifer will do, just need him for the x2 HP & MS

No Hera-Ur for me sadly -.-

9x Valk works really well too, especially since RK is Dark attribute...

J0dy77

its_happening_played_in_reverse.gif

BWlIDerCcAEG9d4.jpg

New evo mat (I guess it'd be... Trip-Topalit?) incoming for Zeus busty

So Zues will be the first triple attack mob? Seems fitting but man this game is starting to jump the shark. No innovation just adding more damage to burst teams.

man Lucy is a boring way to run through dungeons. Crazy safe, but crazy boring.

So Zues will be the first triple attack mob? Seems fitting but man this game is starting to jump the shark. No innovation just adding more damage to burst teams.

yeah, I guess their probably running out of things to do. The Chinese teams offered a nice switch, now it seems most teams are more 'glass cannons' than anything else.

I'm actually suprised how the Indian gods have held up, most are still pretty darn useful (Shiva, Parv), where as the Japanese gods are more or less useless (extremely situational, more for newer players)

I don't see that as meaning they are giving Zeus triple attack. It's just artwork. @pad_sexy also posted a pic of a dark one. They are just new evo materials for us to chase.

The draw of the game is the monster chase and hunt. New things to hunt and chase = fun.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Guh.. Need .. More .. Luci .. Friends =__=

Are you a member of the PAD FB group? I probably have 30+ Luci friends from there alone. WAY more than I need, but whatever.

Also, I found a decent Valk farm build: Valk/Valk + Siren/Echidna/Shynee/Hera-Is. Hera-Is is there simply because getting the required HP on a Valk team is MISERABLY difficult right now. I don't want to waste XP on my Siren or my Echidna (since they gain so little). Without an exorbitant number of +eggs, it's so hard to be able to tank a hit from any of the major bosses.

J0dy77

I don't see that as meaning they are giving Zeus triple attack. It's just artwork. @pad_sexy also posted a pic of a dark one. They are just new evo materials for us to chase.

The draw of the game is the monster chase and hunt. New things to hunt and chase = fun.

I've been chasing and hunting since the start of this year and it's getting boring. I'm not going to stop playing but glass canon dungeons over and over and over is running its course for me. They need to start introducing new mechanics to the game that make different teams more useful. Having 70+ people on my friend list using the same 5 or 6 mobs is bad design. So many mobs have just become useless (I'm looking at you auto healers and resist mobs).

Zero_IYAD

Thanks Jagernaut for refreshing your Luci every 10 minutes, sorry to bother you & hope you keep it up >_<
5 RKs so far, god! the run is much much easier & relaxing compared to Blue Noel x Hermes ones!
Is Keeper of Light fixed for round 4?! Haven't seen a single Keeper of Dark!!

Are you a member of the PAD FB group? I probably have 30+ Luci friends from there alone. WAY more than I need, but whatever.
Deactivated my fb half a year ago, life is a better place without it man *__*
Can I join if am not a fb member?

i'll have mine up most of the day.
Thank you, this'll speed things up, hope you keep refreshing him every now & then : )

I had two Keepers of Dark this morning and one Keeper of Light. You're just getting a streak, that's all.

I'll throw up my Lucifer later tonight after I get home from work. I really need to start PAD on my phone but am waiting to get a Nexus 5 first.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Deactivated my fb half a year ago, life is a better place without it man *__*
Can I join if am not a fb member?

Nope. Honestly, you may as well make a throw away account for FB and get in that group. I hardly use my FB at all anymore, but the PAD group is absolutely crucial to my success. I have a lot of people on my friend's list that play this game WAY too much (and as a result have leaders that are just stupid good).

You're gimping yourself without it, ha.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Man I want a keeper of rainbow so bad but I just can't beat the dungeon. I think I need to get my siren to its next evolution before I stand a chance.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
What are you running?

Honestly, no idea, I'm sorta new. I have a neptune, siren, and some dub mithlets. I just want a rainbow keeper to super evolve my neptune, I have everything else necessary.

Honestly, no idea, I'm sorta new. I have a neptune, siren, and some dub mithlets. I just want a rainbow keeper to super evolve my neptune, I have everything else necessary.
If you have an ogre with Resolve you should hit up ParityBit on the GAF friendslist who runs with an Ammy for that autoheal.

Nope. Honestly, you may as well make a throw away account for FB and get in that group. I hardly use my FB at all anymore, but the PAD group is absolutely crucial to my success. I have a lot of people on my friend's list that play this game WAY too much (and as a result have leaders that are just stupid good).

You're gimping yourself without it, ha.

PAD group is also fairly good comedy and people are super friendly. They also have +297 leaders seemingly on demand.

Though I have also had great luck with registering at PADx and finding leaders there. You won't have the huge pile of +297s max out leaders but you will find lots of good friends for your leaders there. An alternative to FB.

Top Bottom