• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

ccbfan

Just finished Hera-IS Legend and got it to drop.
Super easy

Went

Joker
Hera-Is
Fire Golem
Enchilada
Siren

Helper Odin

Battle took forever but was never in danger. It was hilarious having the demons repeatedly try to bind odin.

Tobe

Just finished Hera-IS Legend and got it to drop.
Super easy

Went

Joker
Hera-Is
Fire Golem
Enchilada
Siren

Helper Odin

Battle took forever but was never in danger. It was hilarious having the demons repeatedly try to bind odin.

levels and skill ups?

Haku team got me to deathstroke on legendary. My hp and damage was just not enough, but since he was a garaunteed drop on legend I stoned... And stoned...

Joker was just as bad because I got severely trolled during echidna.

I hate the batman collab, glad to be rid of it, despite having a Ra to skill up...

Monored...
I can easily outheal super dmg even without rcv multiplier..
And if you don't have access to def break, w/e just bring a monocolor team and convert most board, or convert some board and combo high :)
Or run a spike team and destroy everything

Jagernaut

I just had Deathstroke drop on Expert. I wasn't able to beat Legend but did beat Master several times with

Haku
Echidna
D/W Vampire Duke
CDK Voice
Hera-Is (never charged her gravity)
Haku

My total was 2 Deathstrokes (1 from Master), 2 evolved Banes, 4 unevolved Banes, 5 evolved Grundys and a bunch of the other unevolved ones.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Was thinking of trying to max skill my BlOding.

lolnope

Way too unreliable (and of course, skillup chances are garbage).

bodine1231

10 Runs 2 invades. Ended up with 8 though so luck was on my side. Got both Venus and Valkyrie to max evo and finally got King Shynee with 4 Kings left over. Debating wether to take Metatron up or leave her off the healer team and just run Valkyrie/Ech/lion/Venus/Shynee and use the remaining Kings on them.

Limit

Over the last 2 days I have managed to collect 23 Banes for Ra skillups. Now I need to farm 23 Keepers of light. This will take some time.

linsivvi

6 runs 1 invade and 6 super. Was a very close call with the invade at round 4 and I had a random helper. Down to 211 hp when I finally recharged my skill.

Leveled up Zeus all the way to level 86, hopefully it will make things a bit easier the next time Twinlit comes around.

Ducarmel

8 runs 6 supers

1 invade caught me off guard on my last run I did not bother to check the thread to see if invades were on I assumed it would be off, managed to survive it. Got a stone for clearing it for the first time.

saichi

E: Just reread that you have Light Metatron? If so, she should be getting all your Tamadras until she is maxed. Her Awakenings are some of the best and, with enough levels, you can take on descends as she is excellent at stalling with her conditional leader skill and insane RCV (863 at max level!).

Mine is not evolved so I didn't think of using Tamaras on her. However, I saw Dark one gets all the love so I didn't try to evolve my light one. I'll probably do it now with the Super King dungeon today.

Guess i'm plainly unlucky as always..
Burned more stones for refill..
Total 8 stones for 10 run..
0 invades
2 super
9 king
Rest high

Fuck this...

whats your stamina? you really shouldn't run the super dungeons using stones unless you have at least 100 stam. Otherwise its really a massive waste of stones imo. At your level there are probably better ways to spend the stones.

Colby

8 runs, no invades. I'm not too upset about it. I'm not sure whether to put the exp into Athena, who I use sometimes, or Apollo, who I never use, but who seems like a good sub on some teams. Also, it's probably too late, but you guys should use a Catwoman leader. It gives 1.5x coins, which with this dungeon gives an extra 30-40k coins. That adds up for you IAP players who are doing a lot of runs.

I ran King of Gods all day. It's such good exp, even at my rank (rank 227). I can level up without needing to wait for stamina to refill. It's super boring with an Amaterasu/Odin team, though.

EDIT: Lightning, he's a big IAP guy, so that advice doesn't affect him too much. But generally, yeah, that's sound advice.

bodine1231

whats your stamina? you really shouldn't run the super dungeons using stones unless you have at least 100 stam. Otherwise its really a massive waste of stones imo. At your level there are probably better ways to spend the stones.

I don't think that applies to Super Golds and how infrequent they are. It would have taken me weeks to get the levels I got tonight and it only cost me 4 stones and 1 hour.

I don't think that applies to Super Golds and how infrequent they are. It would have taken me weeks to get the levels I got tonight and it only cost me 4 stones and 1 hour.

Even for super golds, running it once per stone is really not efficient. You get trolled with 1 king 4 highs way too many times for one stone per run to be worth it. Instead, use stones to farm OoH and level up, then you can run super kings next time.

8 runs, no invades. I'm not too upset about it. I'm not sure whether to put the exp into Athena, who I use sometimes, or Apollo, who I never use, but who seems like a good sub on some teams. Also, it's probably too late, but you guys should use a Catwoman leader. It gives 1.5x coins, which with this dungeon gives an extra 30-40k coins. That adds up for you IAP players who are doing a lot of runs.

I ran King of Gods all day. It's such good exp, even at my rank (rank 227). I can level up without needing to wait for stamina to refill. It's super boring with an Amaterasu/Odin team, though.

EDIT: Lightning, he's a big IAP guy, so that advice doesn't affect him too much. But generally, yeah, that's sound advice.

I understand that. I think even when you IAP there are efficient and inefficient ways to spend your money. If you spent stones doing the regular dungeons for example, youd get to 100 stam faster. Then you can use stones on the super kings and you get twice the value per stone.

ccbfan

Holy crap just had some amazing luck in the last 30 minutes.

4 super gold runs.

5 Supers (2 invades)
4 Kings

3/4 skill up for my Gabriel.

Tobe

just everything went wrong today. bad orbs bad management, lost focus just didnt farm any super golds, lost wasted at least 190 stamina on mistakes. just bad bad bad

Totakeke

Was debating whether I should refresh stam with stone to get Bane before it ended, but thankfully I only needed one expert run to get one.

Whew. Sometimes it's hard to judge whether you should just spend stam to get these utility monsters that's only, but very, useful for a dungeon here and there.

razterik

Came up short of max skill for both Ra and Hermes. Bad luck with fusing and a bunch of failed runs. Wasted more stamina here than anywhere else in recent memory, including Twinlits. Fuck this dungeon. I hope the next thing that comes along doesn't require a damn Dark Tron team to farm easily.

Clydefrog

this game is ridiculous.

i think i finally have a decent mono red team but i dont know how to do mono teams. this is what i have (it could still use some leveling)

JPwpm2E.jpg

i'm at Rhea-Themis Temple in Normal dungeons. this is the team I roll with. All I do is have an awoken Odin helper with my Baal leader. Echidna and Ame no Uzume take care of any other hiccups.

4A4zL91.jpg

this game is ridiculous.

i think i finally have a decent mono red team but i dont know how to do mono teams. this is what i have (it could still use some leveling)

i'm at Rhea-Themis Temple in Normal dungeons. this is the team I roll with. All I do is have an awoken Odin helper with my Baal leader. Echidna and Ame no Uzume take care of any other hiccups.
Monored mm
If you can snatch a phoenix knight or a gigas remove that last slot filler and use him..
You can either run ame //ame or till you get some level you can run ame // ares for some safety

linsivvi

Was debating whether I should refresh stam with stone to get Bane before it ended, but thankfully I only needed one expert run to get one.

Whew. Sometimes it's hard to judge whether you should just spend stam to get these utility monsters that's only, but very, useful for a dungeon here and there.

Bane is actually pretty useful in a lot of situations. It only has 14 turns cool down and it can be used in super metal dungeons, twinlits and Nebradisk, just to name a few. It's got decent HP and good attack so it won't drag down the team too much and only takes 1.2M xp to max.

After getting absolutly screwed on Supers (2 super in 7 runs? come on man), really hit some luck with the Batman collab. Got Deathstroke to drop on my 2nd expert run. And 3 more Banes to
not
skillup Ra.

Just hit 1 year today. Wow man, Can't believe it's been that long. No way I would've stuck with it that long if not for you guys. So, thanks!

Now to figure out who the Supers go to...I'm thinking L.Meta

edit : Awesome, Mechdragon! What are you guys using to run him? Looks pretty easy, thinking about a water heavy Haku team.

edit 2 : Looks like Green Starter has Super Metals today at 10PM CST

Just cleared Kouryu for the first time, needed a Rainbow Keeper to ulti Yomi and fuck Tuesday dungeon without 2x drop.

Died once to Meimei when she turned all my hearts to blockers and once to Karin who was left with like 1k hp.

Still it's a pretty fun dungeon and should be 0-stoneable with max level monsters and some +eggs.
Super Metals plz.

Haku leads
D/W Vamp
D/W Batman
Hera-Is
Hera-Ur

J0dy77

After getting absolutly screwed on Supers (2 super in 7 runs? come on man), really hit some luck with the Batman collab. Got Deathstroke to drop on my 2nd expert run. And 3 more Banes to
not
skillup Ra.

Just hit 1 year today. Wow man, Can't believe it's been that long. No way I would've stuck with it that long if not for you guys. So, thanks!

Now to figure out who the Supers go to...I'm thinking L.Meta

edit : Awesome, Mechdragon! What are you guys using to run him? Looks pretty easy, thinking about a water heavy Haku team.

edit 2 : Looks like Green Starter has Super Metals today at 10PM CST

I didn't get any invasions in 8 Runs but did do pretty well with Supers on the final round. I dumped everything into Ra. He went from 25 pre evolve to 60 evolved. I have the Green Noel dragon that I'm debating where I should drop, either Zeus or Ra. Both around the same level and both on 4 million EXP curve. Tough call but might go Zeus for Twinlits.

I've been completely trolled on Skillups. Dozen to Susano - no skillup, 3 bane (didn't get deathstroke) - no skillup, 3 hermes - no skillup. Very frustrating.

Mechdragon I'll probably run Mono blue just to change things up if someone were to put up their Gabriel, /wink /nudge.

J0dy77

He's ONLY lvl97. Is that ok? :D

Decided to run Mono light Raphael team, figured it woud be brainless. Took Forever!!! really need two Zeus and 2 Valks on this team and I had two monsters under 50 on the team which didn't help. Didn't realize how hard the boss hit either, definitely made it a bit dicey.

I give you Lucifer guys a lot of credit for running this setup, not sure I could play this way all the time after having Horus for so long.

Edit: feels pretty good to finally get the red mech trophy. :)

This game really knows how to troll you. I lasted 5 turns on Mech Legend with Haku...only 1 round gave me at least 3 dark orbs to activate her skill. Unreal.

Selner

Hello!

I just started this game up again. I played it a little about a year ago, but I had phone storage problems and had to uninstall it. New phone has fixed that, and I can play again!

Had to start over though, which is not a huge deal as I didn't have anything fantastic last time anyway.

I know the advice is to re-roll the first REM pull until you get one of the really good gods, but I just don't have the patience to reroll that many times. I did get a god though, Lakshmi.
So the first two pulls were Lakshmi and Dryad.

In my previous game I never got a single healer. So I went ahead and decided to go with those and see how well I can do.
If they really are terrible, I can reroll. I'm not that far in yet.

I am currently at the Tower of the Giants in the regular dungeons, getting one-shot by the last boss. I have 10 stones saved up, and I saw somewhere that the advice is to wait for a god-fest before pulling on the REM?

I figure I'll probably buy a couple of stones at some point. Not sure.

I should hit lvl20 sometime today. Do people here still do the lvl20 exchange? It looks like most of you are quite a bit further along in the game.

Hello!

I just started this game up again. I played it a little about a year ago, but I had phone storage problems and had to uninstall it. New phone has fixed that, and I can play again!

Had to start over though, which is not a huge deal as I didn't have anything fantastic last time anyway.

I know the advice is to re-roll the first REM pull until you get one of the really good gods, but I just don't have the patience to reroll that many times. I did get a god though, Lakshmi.
So the first two pulls were Lakshmi and Dryad.

In my previous game I never got a single healer. So I went ahead and decided to go with those and see how well I can do.
If they really are terrible, I can reroll. I'm not that far in yet.

I am currently at the Tower of the Giants in the regular dungeons, getting one-shot by the last boss. I have 10 stones saved up, and I saw somewhere that the advice is to wait for a god-fest before pulling on the REM?

I figure I'll probably buy a couple of stones at some point. Not sure.

I should hit lvl20 sometime today. Do people here still do the lvl20 exchange? It looks like most of you are quite a bit further along in the game.

I think you should probably re-roll for a better god. Lakshimi is probably one of the worst gods in the game, and not really a good starter. In my opinion, i'd roll twice with your 10 stones, and if you get crap, just reroll for a better leader. You might waste a bit of time now, but it will definitely pay off in the future.

Lakshimi is a terrible god...
Healer girls on rem pull are generally bad...

I'd say reroll...
A SOLID first roll will bring you far without rem so you'll stash a LOT of stone for godfest..
You're on us.. Current carnival is water..
Iirc only good rem with blue carnival should be isis (which isn't all that good, but is a solid pull) and umisachi (poor man's kirin with a lousy active).. There's karin too actually..
Then you start the pit of the not so good (hermes, i&i), till you get to the orribile (Lakshimi , undine, etc)..

Starting during a non-godfest is unwise, imho

linsivvi

You can definitely make do without re-rolling, and without IAP even. Your path will just be much harder.

At some point you'll still need to roll a spike God to progress, but there are quite a few of those now so if you use your stones wisely you will eventually get one.

My starting rolls were Amon and Sasuke. The first Godfest I rolled Freyja. All of them were seldom used. I just lead with the dragon starter and find good helper friends until I managed to pull some spike leaders.

My first two pulls were Marine Rider and MIK. It's not necessary to reroll until you can't take it anymore. Eventually you'll have to pull something better, but with the amount of free stones you get, that shouldn't be an issues.

Save your stones and wait until the next *Fest and hope for a good pull. It only takes one.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Did Legend mech with monoblue. My max skill Gabriel was pretty clutch, and having an Orochi is almost required (unless you have more than 46710 HP to eat High Energy Charge).

linsivvi

Yep. The key is to be patient and not worry about progressing the dungeon tree. All you need to do is to beat Castle of Satan to unlock the first 3 technical dungeons. After that you can level up your subs at a much faster rate. Spend time to farm a naga, mermaid and titan. Those are the most important farmable subs early on.

J0dy77

1 Million Green Experience from Noel going to either Zues or Ra, which one should it be? Need GAFs help I can't make up my mind.

Top Bottom