• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Triple king in a run.. Is this real life?

I got this run yesterday during super kings. I was very pleasantly surprised.

ZkYZN4a.png

Okay, i still have a ways to go on this front then. I am over a year played and I only have one +297 monster, my echidna. What do you do to farm your + eggs? Any recommendation for a non IAP heavy player
Basically what Cosmo already said. Whatever tier 5 dungeon is on 1.5x drop rate. That way you'll get lots of rank-ups for free stam refills. Starlight Sanctuary: King of Gods gives the most exp/stam, so if you can farm that during weekends, that's a good option for +egg farming while spending the least amount of stones on stam refills

The Fire conditional is strictly for speed farming and thus is for very heavy IAP players. So, that's not a good option for you.

Nista

A mostly water Haku team seemed to do pretty well against master level. I did grind down legendary with my Luci/Luci team

Two gravs, Luci, heal, Luci made short work of him
Does the fire chaser have the same rare spawn % on every level or are higher tiers more likely to have him appear?

Guess i'll wait until I evolved my Luci to do Legend, though I could probably do Gabriel/Hermes blue for legend if I had more hp monsters.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I have run Flame Mech 5 times with no sight of Chaser. If anyone max skills their Chinese gods during the mech series, I both applaud and cringe for them.

coy

Hello!

I should hit lvl20 sometime today. Do people here still do the lvl20 exchange? It looks like most of you are quite a bit further along in the game.

You can always reroll is how I figure things. I've had accounts where I played daily for a couple months before rerolling for whatever reason. Plus, we get free stones like candy so you'll get more stones before you know it. As for the exchange, I missed out exchanging with folks on here for my alt so if you'd like to switch: 350.740.258

Lakshimi is a terrible god...
Healer girls on rem pull are generally bad...

I'd say reroll...
A SOLID first roll will bring you far without rem so you'll stash a LOT of stone for godfest..
You're on us.. Current carnival is water..
Iirc only good rem with blue carnival should be isis (which isn't all that good, but is a solid pull) and umisachi (poor man's kirin with a lousy active).. There's karin too actually..
Then you start the pit of the not so good (hermes, i&i), till you get to the orribile (Lakshimi , undine, etc)..

Starting during a non-godfest is unwise, imho

I have to disagree with this notion. In fact, I would argue that Kirin is the poor man's UmiYama. Kirin can be used not just well but effectively with only farmable subs - Valk/Verche/Echidna/Hera-Is. While the same can be done with UmiYama, the team's effectiveness is reduced drastically by doing so. Using a spot on Echidna? That is a great delay, but she does not satisfy a color requirement. Doesn't mean you cannot have her on your team, but D/L Batman would work in her spot much better. And that's where the key difference between the teams are. Aside from Apollo and Angelion (and maybe Hatsume), the REM is not essential for Kirin's success. For UmiYama, though, the REM and Batcha are your best friends. D/L Hades, D/L Yomi (the key sub I feel), D/L Batman, Hanzo - all fantastic subs that wouldn't belong on a Kirin team but thrive with UmiYama.

As for their active, that is 2 guaranteed activations on a 25x team. How can that be a bad thing? That damage can rival that of a gravity. I am jealous of UmiYama users especially those that have a huge monster box. They are not only a candidate for strongest leads not named Dark Metatron, but they can field many viable teams for descends and still do extremely well.

You can always reroll is how I figure things. I've had accounts where I played daily for a couple months before rerolling for whatever reason. Plus, we get free stones like candy so you'll get more stones before you know it. As for the exchange, I missed out exchanging with folks on here for my alt so if you'd like to switch: 350.740.258

I have to disagree with this notion. In fact, I would argue that Kirin is the poor man's UmiYama. Kirin can be used not just well but effectively with only farmable subs - Valk/Verche/Echidna/Hera-Is. While the same can be done with UmiYama, the team's effectiveness is reduced drastically by doing so. Using a spot on Echidna? That is a great delay, but she does not satisfy a color requirement. Doesn't mean you cannot have her on your team, but D/L Batman would work in her spot much better. And that's where the key difference between the teams are. Aside from Apollo and Angelion (and maybe Hatsume), the REM is not essential for Kirin's success. For UmiYama, though, the REM and Batcha are your best friends. D/L Hades, D/L Yomi (the key sub I feel), D/L Batman, Hanzo - all fantastic subs that wouldn't belong on a Kirin team but thrive with UmiYama.

As for their active, that is 2 guaranteed activations on a 25x team. How can that be a bad thing? That damage can rival that of a gravity. I am jealous of UmiYama users especially those that have a huge monster box. They are not only a candidate for strongest leads not named Dark Metatron, but they can field many viable teams for descends and still do extremely well.
I have UmiYami, but Horus will always hold a place in my heart. Ultimate Horus, especially.

ccbfan

I think you mis-understanding what 'poor man' means.

Poor man means similar but worse. Not it's cheaper to use.

For 99 percent of the people Kirin is better than umiyama and it includes many aspects.

1. Kirin's light have no weakness while umiyama water does.
2. More dark descend than fire descend.
3. Some of kirin's best teams are completely non rem
4. no enchilada for umi d/l batman is not comparable with it's hard to skill up 2 turn

Now don't get me wrong umiyama is a top 5 monster and probably number 3 but it's below dark meta and Kirin.

No batman :p
4 roll, catwoman, catwoman, robin, robin
I have Orochi, hades.... No hanzo :p
Sad life

Anyway i prefer a kirin, but i guess it's just me then?
Though without echidna skill able delay, good luck skilling batman and Orochi delay

Tobe

ive been farming ocean of heaven. specially the angel and siren stage for the drops. nop just nop nop nop, not a single mermaid drop :( plenty +eggs tho. sad life,

on topic with dtron teams ive seen a change with gryps and arthur, why is that?

ive been farming ocean of heaven. specially the angel and siren stage for the drops. nop just nop nop nop, not a single mermaid drop :( plenty +eggs tho. sad life,

on topic with dtron teams ive seen a change with gryps and arthur, why is that?
Because i don't have it so, nerf to the ground!
Apart from the joke rant, dunno bro..

On a side note those +eggs are a blessing..
You'll need a LOT..
I have close to 90stashed+ :p
+297 kirin is getting near!

coy

I think you mis-understanding what 'poor man' means.

Poor man means similar but worse. Not it's cheaper to use.

For 99 percent of the people Kirin is better than umiyama and it includes many aspects.

1. Kirin's light have no weakness while umiyama water does.
2. More dark descend than fire descend.
3. Some of kirin's best teams are completely non rem
4. no enchilada for umi d/l batman is not comparable with it's hard to skill up 2 turn delay.
5. Best umiyama subs have really low rcv while kirin have high.

Now don't get me wrong umiyama is a top 5 monster and probably number 3 but it's below dark meta and Kirin.

I would say Kirin is better as well for many of the reasons you listed, but I really did mean "poor man's" in terms of team composition. With a Kirin team, while you aren't forced into the standard setup, there isn't much you can do for some variety. You have a 25x multiplier team with virtually the same subs for almost every descend. Okay yes, you can make substitutions to be better suited for the fight, but the standard team is what it is. What is UmiYama's standard team? I couldn't say as it seems like so many things can go into the team to suit what is needed.

I did use the REM as the reasoning so that is adding to the confusion, but I really did not mean in terms of $$$ but rather sub usage and versatility. I'll try and be less confusing in the future.

Anyway i prefer a kirin, but i guess it's just me then?
Though without echidna skill able delay, good luck skilling batman and Orochi delay

Nah, lots prefer Kirin as she is more than enough for every descend she qualifies for. As for the delay, while 25 turns is a lot to ask nowadays, 14 isn't that bad especially when a max-skilled gravity is 15.

Genji

Don't forget, Green Starter's get Super Metal Kings right now! (1AM EST)

The PAD wikia is showing that super metal kings was 8:00am for the fire starter group. Is that correct? Sucks if so, I totally would have gotten up to run that!

coy

The PAD wikia is showing that super metal kings was 8:00am for the fire starter group. Is that correct? Sucks if so, I totally would have gotten up to run that!

It appears that is for tomorrow 1/7 as I just hit the site up myself to recheck. The times may be pending as well so keep an eye out. I am on green time and my gf is on red and she made no mention of Super Metals today.

Genji

It appears that is for tomorrow 1/7 as I just hit the site up myself to recheck. The times may be pending as well so keep an eye out. I am on green time and my gf is on red and she made no mention of Super Metals today.

Ah, gotcha, looks like they updated it. Time to set the alarm!

broz0rs

There was some non-IAP Chinese player who had the discipline/cynicism to NEVER run metal guerrilla dungeons or roll in Godfests, instead stoning to refill stamina doing the above method. You get "lots" of rank EXP, king metals, and +eggs this way.

I read about that Chinese player. It was stated he gets most of his +eggs on weekends at the final stage of Ocean of Heaven.

Opened Pandora's box after finally getting the Dark Keeper to evolve her. Holy hell even with my non-luxury team she's good. Once her L.Skill buff goes live and I skill up CDK/Persephone some more things are going to start dying.

raiot

Last Godfest was good to me, pulled 2 times:
1 Basilisk... :(
1 Byakku! :))))

Christmas was too stressful for me to skill up my Kagutsuchi :(
I evolved my Zeus to Olympos, got 6 Devilings for Stratos and others, and have 4 Angelings left for other uses...

And I'm still missing Hanzo for my D.Meta Team...

razterik

Blue/dark Valks, red/green Sonias, red Pirate Dragon boss. Last one is a bit odd considering we just entered Mechdragon cycle.

Green getting Supers two days in a row? whoa

Fire Starter Supers : 8 AM CST / 11 AM EST
Green Starter Supers : 8 PM CST / 11 PM CST

Wonder if thats an error?

adult snow day # 2. Boss tells me to work from home, who am I to question

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

I had one yesterday and it was glorious. Enjoy your second snow day!

E: Has it always been 2 super kings for your 1-year?

J0dy77

Look at the damage!

I wonder how this game will be down the line, with new mobs and the rising damage output of everything.

These new mobs are looking more interesting but I still don't think they're anything amazing. These examples are simply unobtainable for most players. If you threw any burst team together with all REM roll mobs, +297 on all of them and max awakening, you're going to destroy content. If this was a Kirin or Horus team with max skilled Gravity and the same amount of + eggs and awakening level it would be done without even paying attention.

I'm at a point in the game where I've started challenging myself to complete content with different teams. Ran Fire Mech with Raphael light instead of Horus burst for fun, just to see if I could do it. I started running Byakko a lot more for the same reasons. I'd like to roll these mobs for the "different style of play"/"fun" of it but I'm not putting them anywhere near god tier.

I had one yesterday and it was glorious. Enjoy your second snow day!

E: Has it always been 2 super kings for your 1-year?

For quite a while yeah, just picked up mine yesterday

I'm at a point in the game where I've started challenging myself to complete content with different teams. Ran Fire Mech with Raphael light instead of Horus burst for fun, just to see if I could do it. I started running Byakko a lot more for the same reasons. I'd like to roll these mobs for the "different style of play"/"fun" of it but I'm not putting them anywhere near god tier.

Haku is a blast to play with and quite versitile. Might not be 'god' tier, but should be pretty close. Just based on what you have available. Gravities, Delays (2), Orb Change, Damage increase, plus mobs with great stats.

Going to start pumping +eggs into Echidna to help out the RCV.

J0dy77

For quite a while yeah, just picked up mine yesterday

Haku is a blast to play with and quite versitile. Might not be 'god' tier, but should be pretty close. Just based on what you have available. Gravities, Delays (2), Orb Change, Damage increase, plus mobs with great stats.

Going to start pumping +eggs into Echidna to help out the RCV.

My opinion on classifications has changed a bit. There are mobs that "win the game" and there are "limited mobs". Byakko is a perfect example, she's not the best of the best but she's a blast to play and if you put enough time and love into a team for her she'll crush content more than the Pandora example shown above. Plus her entire team can be subbed and farmed, no need to rely on the REM. Example, 2 Byakko leads, Queen Hera max skill, vamp max skill, Echidna max skill, pick one more mob as you see fit (Hera-IS, CDK, Seigfried, Hera-UR). Put 297 and max awakening on those and you crush anything that doesn't lock you out with color.

My current ranking would probably be something like this with the new evolves:

Kirin/Horus (tied for the top spot, Horus lets you control 4x damage when needed but Kirin's leader skill is amazing). Lucifer next, Byakko, Isis (new evo makes her very versatile and enough burst to finish descended), Kushinada and the rest of the burst teams. I might even throw Raphael in there if I can find a team that can do enough damage for all Descended dungeons.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So is there a safe and quick KoG farm team? I tried Haku/Haku and it just wasn't safe enough. HP is too low and you need to mad combo to stand a chance.

Noirulus

I got the 150 day bonus today! :D 5 Magic Stones get.

edit: What's the most efficient method of farming mythlits? Other than the friday dungeon.

coy

Nice! Also, I thought the Supers thing from green was just an error on the wiki, but it still appearing there. 2 days of Super Metals? Hera will be happy.

My opinion on classifications has changed a bit. There are mobs that "win the game" and there are "limited mobs". Byakko is a perfect example, she's not the best of the best but she's a blast to play and if you put enough time and love into a team for her she'll crush content more than the Pandora example shown above. Plus her entire team can be subbed and farmed, no need to rely on the REM. Example, 2 Byakko leads, Queen Hera max skill, vamp max skill, Echidna max skill, pick one more mob as you see fit (Hera-IS, CDK, Seigfried, Hera-UR). Put 297 and max awakening on those and you crush anything that doesn't lock you out with color.

Kirin/Horus (tied for the top spot, Horus lets you control 4x damage when needed but Kirin's leader skill is amazing). Lucifer next, Byakko, Isis (new evo makes her very versatile and enough burst to finish descended), Kushinada and the rest of the burst teams. I might even throw Raphael in there if I can find a team that can do enough damage for all Descended dungeons.

I'm real glad to finally have pulled Horus. I'm loving the possibilities of teaming F/L Horus with L/D Ra. +0.5s for orb movement, 3 colors covered, 4x snipe and 30x damage dealt. I suppose it's similar in principle to teaming Horus with Kirin. I'd love to see the rest in action (Isis!) with the new busties.

I got the 150 day bonus today! :D 5 Magic Stones get.

edit: What's the most efficient method of farming mythlits? Other than the friday dungeon.

Congrats! I'm unsure of its efficiency, but when I ran the first couple stages of Technicals for Pengdras during Mondays, mythlits seemed to drop at an okay rate (so much so that I'd just fuse them for XP). You can check that out and see how it goes.

J0dy77

I'm real glad to finally have pulled Horus. I'm loving the possibilities of teaming F/L Horus with L/D Ra. +0.5s for orb movement, 3 colors covered, 4x snipe and 30x damage dealt. I suppose it's similar in principle to teaming Horus with Kirin. I'd love to see the rest in action (Isis!) with the new busties.

Don't forget that Horus Busty Evolve changes his final Awakening to orb time as well. I can't wait to try the Horus/Isis combo with the ability to do 3x, 12x and 20x damage at will. Stalling should be much much easier.

ccbfan

IMO the Tier list in the OP is outdated and wrong.

I'm not sure anyone would consider Isis top tier or even 2nd tier even with the Ult evo.

Also there's a huge distinction between rolls you want to start with and rolls you want end game.

Also huge distinct over IAP and non-IAP. ( I guess for IAP it doesn't matter since you'll have many Gods anyways)

Certain rolls like Dark Meta is the top roll for anyone over level 150. Its a terrible starting roll since they can't even use it until like level 100 but if you're lucky enough to roll a Dark Meta, it would be wise to struggle through the first part.

IMO for non-IAP

Top Tier
Kirin (best subs completely non-REM), Dark Meta, UmiYama

2nd Tier
Horus, Lucifer, Bastet, Okuni, Haku

Everything else doesn't matter since you should re-roll.

Moderate IAP

Top Tier
Dark Meta, Kirin, UmiYama

2nd Tier
Horus, Lucifer, Bastet, Okuni, Haku, Yomi, G.Odin, B.Odin, Kush, Astarot, RA

3rd Tier
Rest of Chinese God, Valk, Norse Gods, Rest of Archangels, Greek 2 Gods, Light Meta, Orochi, Hades, Venus

So is there a safe and quick KoG farm team? I tried Haku/Haku and it just wasn't safe enough. HP is too low and you need to mad combo to stand a chance.

I think its basically Geomon or Haku. What is your HP like with Haku? A decent leader can get me around 18k i think. Hardest problem is stalling with limited RCV.

High RCV Goemon is usually the best. I use Goemon Echidna horus Ult evo Gigas and a King Bubblie. Stall for goemon skills on first few levels, kill everything, use gigas on stage 8, goemon on stage 9, then goemon horus bubblie on stage 10. hope for no skydrops of heals.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I think its basically Geomon or Haku. What is your HP like with Haku? A decent leader can get me around 18k i think. Hardest problem is stalling with limited RCV.

My Haku team mostly has trouble with killing fast enough on 8/9/10. I get around 18k as well with Haku/Haku + Orochi/Echidna/Ult Hera/Is.

High RCV Goemon is usually the best. I use Goemon Echidna horus Ult evo Gigas and a King Bubblie. Stall for goemon skills on first few levels, kill everything, use gigas on stage 8, goemon on stage 9, then goemon horus bubblie on stage 10. hope for no skydrops of heals.

Goemon might be OK if I can manage the damn cascades. That's what usually does me in.

J0dy77

IMO the Tier list in the OP is outdated and wrong.

I'm not sure anyone would consider Isis top tier or even 2nd tier even with the Ult evo.

Also there's a huge distinction between rolls you want to start with and rolls you want end game.

Also huge distinct over IAP and non-IAP. ( I guess for IAP it doesn't matter since you'll have many Gods anyways)

Certain rolls like Dark Meta is the top roll for anyone over level 150. Its a terrible starting roll since they can't even use it until like level 100 but if you're lucky enough to roll a Dark Meta, it would be wise to struggle through the first part.

IMO for non-IAP

Top Tier
Kirin (best subs completely non-REM), Dark Meta, UmiYama

2nd Tier
Horus, Lucifer, Bastet, Okuni, Haku

Everything else doesn't matter since you should re-roll.

Moderate IAP

Top Tier
Dark Meta, Kirin, UmiYama

2nd Tier
Horus, Lucifer, Bastet, Okuni, Haku, Yomi, G.Odin, B.Odin, Kush, Astarot, RA

3rd Tier
Rest of Chinese God, Valk, Norse Gods, Rest of Archangels, Greek 2 Gods, Light Meta, Orochi, Hades, Venus

Name a descended dungeon that Isis can't finish with 20x damage? Throw on top of it that she makes early leveling and content a joke and I put her right at the top with the new Busty.

I personally don't like Metatron since you have to control your health. One bad orb match or heart cascade and you're tickling mobs and how do you handle dungeons that you go from full health to dead.

I agree that times have changed from when the tier lists were created. There are a lot of mobs that you can go with that can clear the majority of content in the game.

My Haku team mostly has trouble with killing fast enough on 8/9/10. I get around 18k as well with Haku/Haku + Orochi/Echidna/Ult Hera/Is.

Goemon might be OK if I can manage the damn cascades. That's what usually does me in.

On stage 1-7 you can use echidna to stall and clear some waves/heal up to manage the hp. On stage 8, after you use gigas you should be fine. On stage 9 you just gotta pray to the RNGesus. Or sub horus with a lucifer and you will always be fine.

linsivvi

I am non-IAP and I wouldn't know what to do with Dark Metatron if I rolled it, since most of the staples are REM only and you also need to awaken them to be effective.

I'm perfectly happy with Kirin/Horus/Haku leads since they can handle 99% of the contents so far and all the subs are farmable.

Jagernaut

0 invades and only 4 regular kings after 4 runs, what the fuck is going on.

I got my 5 free stones for 350 days today and ran super metals 8 times and got 9 supers and 8 kings. I had invades several times.

I fed Dark Metatron 5 super kings and got a great (1.5x bonus). I fed her another 4 supers and 1 king and got another great. 1.4 million xp total boosted to 2.1 million. Enough to raise her from 68 to 96. Awesome luck, only 345,000 left to max her.

Top Bottom