• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Kreed

Laughing at the Anubis optimism in here. Have you learned nothing from what they did to Horus and Ra? It's probably going to be something like 2.5x at 9 combos, 5x at 10 combos, 10x at 11 combos, and 20x at 12 combos.

And that will be for the twinlit version. The regular version will get nothing but a subcolor.

The "best" thing Gungho could do would be to give Anubis a version of Kushinada's leader skill, but I'm not expecting anything good for Anubis after the Ra/Horus disappointments.

quin

Maybe I'm in the minority, but i love the new horus. The added .5 seconds makes a huge difference when paired with another horus. Throw in yumi who has a 1 second extension and you now have a total of 2 seconds to move. You could add another 1.5 seconds if you really needed as well with bastet, anubis or ect...

That 2 seconds lasts a long long time and having 4.5x and 5x is really nice i think.
It makes him really reliable.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
PAD FB group says it's 10 combo = 100x damage. If that's legit, that is insane. 10000x damage for dual Anubis? I can't tell if this is a shop or what, so we'll see...

1480544_768551679840333_93089370_n.jpg

Is it too dumb to max level a max skilled susano? He is too damn awesome -_-

I'm actually working on maxing my second busty max skilled Susano. I love his stats. And dual green = wonderful.

quin

PAD FB group says it's 10 combo = 100x damage. If that's legit, that is insane. 10000x damage for dual Anubis? I can't tell if this is a shop or what, so we'll see...

I'm actually working on maxing my second busty max skilled Susano. I love his stats. And dual green = wonderful.

His cost is the same so i call fake

edit : come on...total shop. Check the left and right of the monster area. Looks like copy/paste

Water Starter Supers : 8 AM CST / 11 AM EST
Fire Starter Supers : 8 PM CST / 11 PM EST

Also, if you purchased stones on the 1st, you get some compensation stones because their tax was bungled. I thought it seemed like an odd prices. I"ll take the 4 stones though.

Call fake on anubis pick, if only for the multiplier..
Realize that given heart breaker, doing 10x is feasible in most of cases, if not always..
100x on a single monster would break the balance..

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Call fake on anubis pick, if only for the multiplier..
Realize that given heart breaker, doing 10x is feasible in most of cases, if not always..
100x on a single monster would break the balance..

Even if fake, would still be awesome, haha.

I'm going to guess they update him to be more like Kush. Slightly easier to trigger I hope? Having a monster that relies purely on luck to trigger is really not fun.

saichi

She's not terrible, but strictly from a healing perspective, you can do a lot more with heart orbs than the ~4000 HP you can get from her skill. And it's not as easy to skill up.

From a damage standpoint, a heart maker is infinitely more valuable than a straight heal. Siren->Valkyrie skill combo is the main source of damage for any Healer team.

If you are considering stats or color, sure, Archangel might beat Siren. But nobody wants Siren in these cases anyway. Angelion is the preferred sub here.

Thanks! My Cupid would stay Cupid then.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Awesome!

What difficulty are you running?

I ran Legend like 6 times and the rest once (for the stone). I don't think the invade chance is any better on Legend vs any other, I just preferred the guaranteed boss drop and higher level fodder drops.

E: Monoblue with 4x HP and Orochi makes it impossible to lose if you play right.

Okey, good to know. Done legend 4 times so far and no invade, plenty of time left though.

Got D/L Yomi to 92 yesterday so I've been trying her out a bit, gotta say I love the 1 second extra of movement, and coupled with dat ATK and active skill it's such a fun mob.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Okey, good to know. Done legend 4 times so far and no invade, plenty of time left though.

Got D/L Yomi to 92 yesterday so I've been trying her out a bit, gotta say I love the 1 second extra of movement, and coupled with dat ATK and active skill it's such a fun mob.

I'm actually working on my Yomi as well. Just need a Mystic Mask to busty her...I love Change the World.

Question about awakening her. If I put 3 Tama on her and busty her, does her alvl 1 go from dark enhance to light enhance with no penalty?

Jagernaut

I ran Legend like 6 times and the rest once (for the stone). I don't think the invade chance is any better on Legend vs any other, I just preferred the guaranteed boss drop and higher level fodder drops.

E: Monoblue with 4x HP and Orochi makes it impossible to lose if you play right.

What was your team for Legend?

linsivvi

Thanks! My Cupid would stay Cupid then.

Depends on what you have in your box. Max level, max awakened L/U Archangel has almost exactly the same recovery as busty AMA (~4800 hp), with slightly low stats. She can work as leader on AMA/Odin teams.

What's even better is that you don't need Angelit to evolve her.

Kunohara

So during the last godfest, I pulled a Bastet. I used my green noel on it, and then ultimate evo'ed it. Now I wanted to know if I could make a team with her with my current monsters. I've been running a mono dark team this whole time (my very first pull was a Luci). It is pretty boring because of the low damage, but I am not very good with matching orbs. I can get 4-5 combos somewhat consistently, but not always. I wanted to try something different. As you can see, I do have a Kirin, but I find it kinda hard to always activate her leader skill.

Please take a look at my box, and let me know what I can do. None of my skills are maxed, and the siren is fully awoken.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What was your team for Legend?

I'm fortunate enough to have Hermes, Gabriel, and I&I. My Gabriel is max skilled, so I like to use him if someone has a Hermes up. If not, I'll probably use my Hermes and use a blue snow globe or another Gabriel.

So during the last godfest, I pulled a Bastet. I used my green noel on it, and then ultimate evo'ed it. Now I wanted to know if I could make a team with her with my current monsters. I've been running a mono dark team this whole time (my very first pull was a Luci). It is pretty boring because of the low damage, but I am not very good with matching orbs. I can get 4-5 combos somewhat consistently, but not always. I wanted to try something different. As you can see, I do have a Kirin, but I find it kinda hard to always activate her leader skill.

Please take a look at my box, and let me know what I can do. None of my skills are maxed, and the siren is fully awoken.

You've got a really good box to build with.

Bastet/Bastet + Echidna/Verche/DJ/Luci is one option. Covers all colors, has good stats (lots of RCV), decent actives.

Kirin/Kirin + Baset/Echidna/Verche/DJ or Fortoytops also works. You rely on activating Kirin every turn to not get one shot in harder dungeons (until the levels are higher), but again - it covers all the colors and has some survival actives.

Zeal/Zeal + CDK Voice/Droid/Tyrannos/DJ or Fortoytops for a 9x burst dragon team.

You've got 3 monsters I would consider staples for team building options - DJ, Fortoytops, Echidna. All three can play well on SO many random teams, especially when max skilled.

saichi

Depends on what you have in your box. Max level, max awakened L/U Archangel has almost exactly the same recovery as busty AMA (~4800 hp), with slightly low stats. She can work as leader on AMA/Odin teams.

What's even better is that you don't need Angelit to evolve her.

What's AMA? ><

What's AMA? ><

Amaterasu

Ultimate Evo'ed she is like 6500 heal per round lol. Throw in an Angel with max awakening and you got 7500 heal per round. + Odin which of course negates the 80% damage at full health.

Alot of times, you heal more damage then you take, so you are like invincible. Unless you run into a ton of high damage enemies all synched up on a level.

^^^ Don't forget even Odin has an auto-heal awakening. And both Odin and Amaterasu have bind immunity if fully awoken. GungHo seems to want to make GrOdin/Ama viable again. It's definitely the safest team for running King of Gods now.

Regarding that Anubis pic, obviously it's fake. But if for some reason that 100x for 10-combo was real, people wouldn't be running dual Anubis, but Anubis/Yomi to maximize orb matching time.

linsivvi

I'm fortunate enough to have Hermes, Gabriel, and I&I. My Gabriel is max skilled, so I like to use him if someone has a Hermes up. If not, I'll probably use my Hermes and use a blue snow globe or another Gabriel.

Since I don't have Hermes, Gabriel nor I&I, I just used a poverty 2/4/2 team and it worked great.

Starter Dragon
Blue Golem (As insurance against boss)
Siren
Siegfried
Hera-Is
Friend: Hermes

Just need to find the right place to stall since things are being killed so quickly.

I am 4k away from a level up and super metals coming at 10pm... 63 Stam so far...

I want four runs of Supers, and I don't want to stone. so frustrating.

J0dy77

2 Super Metal runs for my Blue starter event today. Got an invade and the super drop on the second. Have the Super Gold and Super Metal I need for Zeus and Hera evolves, just need to bash and rage against the Twinlits again. Hoping we don't have to wait long to get another crack at it.

Kunohara

You've got a really good box to build with.

Bastet/Bastet + Echidna/Verche/DJ/Luci is one option. Covers all colors, has good stats (lots of RCV), decent actives.

Kirin/Kirin + Baset/Echidna/Verche/DJ or Fortoytops also works. You rely on activating Kirin every turn to not get one shot in harder dungeons (until the levels are higher), but again - it covers all the colors and has some survival actives.

Zeal/Zeal + CDK Voice/Droid/Tyrannos/DJ or Fortoytops for a 9x burst dragon team.

You've got 3 monsters I would consider staples for team building options - DJ, Fortoytops, Echidna. All three can play well on SO many random teams, especially when max skilled.

Awesome, thanks alot. Now I just need to level up more to get my team cost up so I can actually use all of these guys in the same team. It's gonna be rough getting used to having a much smaller hp pool, heh. I'm used to having 41k or so. What is the ideal Bastet team? What subs should I be going for?

razterik

This is a great starting box. If you are struggling with combos, but still want a high damage team, Izanagi might be a good focus for you. He has no orb matching requirements and can pair with almost any friend. You should slot Verche on there since you have him evolved to his God form. The rest of your team will depend on your team cost. Keep in mind that this will be a very different style of play compared to Lucifer.

Selner

So I rerolled around two dozen times or so. Mind numbing. Especially when I kept seeing the Gods I wanted on the Helper selection screen.

I swear the game was taunting me :p .

Eventually I got tired of rerolling, and the game gave me a Fenrir Knight Kamui. Nothing on the level suggested by this thread and online, but I felt like actually playing the game.

If my next couple rolls are complete and utter crap, I will reroll again. But it's fun to actually play the game, so that's what I'm doing now.

Rank 19, and ID is 327,695,248.
I guess I need to add @GAF to my username, I'll get around to that when I get back to the phone.

So if anyone wants to trade level 20 gifts, I'll have mine very shortly.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Awesome, thanks alot. Now I just need to level up more to get my team cost up so I can actually use all of these guys in the same team. It's gonna be rough getting used to having a much smaller hp pool, heh. I'm used to having 41k or so. What is the ideal Bastet team? What subs should I be going for?

Honestly, there is no ideal Bastet team. Bastet is great in that you can run whatever you want to cover the dungeon. Since she is not color reliant, you can run mono-colored teams and be fine.

When I run her for later tier dungeons (T5/T6), I'll always bring Echidna and Valk. Both have high +eggs on them, and they're both max skilled. Depending on the dungeon, I'll either add gravity for the last two slots, toss BlOdin/Hera-Is for their amazing stats, or Orochi/Susano for awesome actives.

I would argue that she's one of the most versatile leaders given how easy it is to trigger her active (I combo 4-5 easy, 6-7 is tricky, but manageable with some thought). You can use SO many different subs and be OK.

Genji

Finally got to 100 stamina, so I'm ready to stone a few times for tonight's super metal for fire starters. Hoping to get a lot of levels for my new Haku team.

I'm thinking they make good subs for Chinese god teams? Or maybe trophies? I just wanted one. Skilling up any of the Chinese gods = lol
People want Flame Chaser to build a Tengu farm team. It gives the same 2x ATK/HP as D/D Batman that people were running last time, but the weakness matchup effectively bumps it up to 8x ATK for dual Flame Chasers, which should make Tengu farming much easier.

J0dy77

You have an amazing starting box and have leveled a lot of the key team members that will be used for a long time.

Just keep practicing with Kirin, the more you play with a style of team the better you get at it. It starts to become second nature. The key thing for activating Kirin is to stall for a couple rounds if the orbs aren't there. Use a round of dark, Heart and any orb that has 6 or more to get a more favorable board. When you're farming normals and lower level dungeons you don't need to activate every single time. You're better off tickling for a couple of rounds and then wiping the board over a bit of damage and failing to activate over and over.

J0dy77

They've had one every event thus far, so like 3-5 attempts since it debuted in mid-November.

I think it has run a couple days in every event since they were introduced.

Edit: Ninja by Cosmo.

I'm fine with the dungeon being every event for a day or so, anything less would be annoying. Gungho will ring their cash registers with people trying to get all of the needed mats, smart move to keep it available.

I really hope I can put together a team for Twinlits the next time its around... Need some for Zeus and Yomi (now that I found about s/he is actually awesome with the new ults)

People want Flame Chaser to build a Tengu farm team. It gives the same 2x ATK/HP as D/D Batman that people were running last time, but the weakness matchup effectively bumps it up to 8x ATK for dual Flame Chasers, which should make Tengu farming much easier.

Pretty much this. I've been waiting for these damn chasers to arrive, and I've got some pieces ready for team members. I've got a flame golem almost max skilled, and a spare titan to evolve as well. Baby enchilada for delay, and not sure what to do for the last spot. Thoughts?

I just wish I could use it for Draggie dungeon, too, so that I can go ahead and evolve my batman.

J0dy77

Pretty much this. I've been waiting for these damn chasers to arrive, and I've got some pieces ready for team members. I've got a flame golem almost max skilled, and a spare titan to evolve as well. Baby enchilada for delay, and not sure what to do for the last spot. Thoughts?

I just wish I could use it for Draggie dungeon, too, so that I can go ahead and evolve my batman.

I'd love to evolve Batman, he's got great Awakenings but I'm scared they're going to introduce other low cost dungeons in the future.

I'd love to evolve Batman, he's got great Awakenings but I'm scared they're going to introduce other low cost dungeons in the future.

Yeah, I know. And there'll also be the rarity-based dungeons eventually. 4star rarity with the skills/attributes he has is exceptional. I was too scared to try my hand at the Batcha last time around.

+egg farming is not fun. I'm at about 1 egg for every run of Junos Island. Slow and steady, eh?

@nicoga: +egg farming is so mind numbing. I haven't been serious with it for a month now.

Ice Samurai Ogre, for the will o wisp wave. Also Physical type, to boot.

Ice Samurai Ogre for the Flame Spirits in rd 4. It's even a Physical type.

edit: beat by Cosmo

If you only have one, I say keep it unevolved for limited dungeons. It's a popular leader when those dungeons come up. Evolved D/D Batman is decent, but has mediocre stats and is replaceable with other monsters. If you had a second, it would be cool to have both, but I think the unevolved version is more valuable right now, unless you have a team that you're just itching to put evolved D/D Batman on.

Top Bottom