• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Genji

I got my 5 free stones for 350 days today and ran super metals 8 times and got 9 supers and 8 kings. I had invades several times.

I fed Dark Metatron 5 super kings and got a great (1.5x bonus). I fed her another 4 supers and 1 king and got another great. 1.4 million xp total boosted to 2.1 million. Enough to raise her from 68 to 96. Awesome luck, only 345,000 left to max her.

That is some amazing luck :) I got 3 supers in 5 runs, not bad but not great.

I wish I farmed Takeminakata more. I didn't think about it at the time, but a full set of Light and Dark Shugen Demons would be awesome for Super Gold/Metal runs. Especially with the easily evolved skill-up Werewolves that drop from the current Mystic Dark Dragon dungeon and the eventual Mystic Light Dragon we'll be getting. Can you say 80+ Super runs per hour? That would be around 20mil Light exp for a Super Gold hour, plus around 8mil gold.

linsivvi

I wish I farmed Takeminakata more. I didn't think about it at the time, but a full set of Light and Dark Shugen Demons would be awesome for Super Gold/Metal runs. Especially with the easily evolved skill-up Werewolves that drop from the current Mystic Dark Dragon dungeon and the eventual Mystic Light Dragon we'll be getting. Can you say 80+ Super runs per hour? That would be around 20mil Light exp for a Super Gold hour, plus around 8mil gold.

Well good thing they are also in the Izanami dungeon. Plenty of chance to farm them.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
If we're going to talk tier lists again (which I haven't updated because it's SO up in the air), I'd say:

Kirin, Horus, Bastet, Haku, Luci, wonder twins, Okuninushi, and Kush are all incredible starting rolls.

After that, the list gets fuzzy. The game has definitely moved towards combo leads, though. 4x ATK is almost a joke now, 9x is fine for SOME content (need weakness to really shine there), but it's all about that 12.25x and beyond.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I have been badgering GungHo on Facebook for a while.

And so it was written...

1527137_10202929295061843_1981061663_n.jpg

So is there a safe and quick KoG farm team? I tried Haku/Haku and it just wasn't safe enough. HP is too low and you need to mad combo to stand a chance.

It really hurts when it fails, but over the past couple of weekends, I've had a great set of runs with Goemon (Goemon Leads, Freyr, RGG (ultimate evo'd), Horus, Echidna). Goemon is only skill level 3 or so, Orb matcher and enchi are max skilled. I noticed runs getting easier as my RCV increased. A good portion of it came after ultimate evo'ing Gigas.

Best case scenario is drawing a water demon paired with a little devil in the first round. Even a fire demon is fine, since low combos may not break the demon's defense.

What's your Goemon team look like?

Noirulus

Congrats! I'm unsure of its efficiency, but when I ran the first couple stages of Technicals for Pengdras during Mondays, mythlits seemed to drop at an okay rate (so much so that I'd just fuse them for XP). You can check that out and see how it goes.

Thanks for the advice. I should've probably asked sooner because now I'll need to wait til next monday to get me some mythlits :(

Back to rank grinding for now. I'm still only level 95 after 150 days, haha.

Given how much you've played this game, don't you feel that at a certain point you run out of monsters to level? After you build your core teams, what are you really spending all your experience on? Do you feel like you've pretty much maxed whatever there is to max when it comes to light leaders and subs?

If we're going to talk tier lists again (which I haven't updated because it's SO up in the air), I'd say:

Kirin, Horus, Bastet, Haku, Luci, wonder twins, Okuninushi, and Kush are all incredible starting rolls.

After that, the list gets fuzzy. The game has definitely moved towards combo leads, though. 4x ATK is almost a joke now, 9x is fine for SOME content (need weakness to really shine there), but it's all about that 12.25x and beyond.
Yeah, the game has slowly metamorphosized into one that favors spike teams above all. Which with their activation conditions I guess is kind of the strongest test of your puzzling abilities or something? When determining keepable starter monsters the considerations would have to be like
1) How easily they can 0 stone descendeds
2) The ease of activation of the "spike" threshold
3) The amount of time / money necessary to build a team that can reliably accomplish the above 2

Ducarmel

Thanks for the advice. I should've probably asked sooner because now I'll need to wait til next monday to get me some mythlits :(

Back to rank grinding for now. I'm still only level 95 after 150 days, haha.

They also have a decent drop rate on the weekends in Tower of Flare, Polar Night Tower, and Tower of Nature.

Well good thing they are also in the Izanami dungeon. Plenty of chance to farm them.
Yeah. And I'm sure Takeminakata will also return. But now I gotta sit on a bunch of Werewolves waiting on something to feed them to until then. Not even sure it's worth it anyway after thinking about it. Exp is so easy to come by, do I really need to do it even faster?

Given how much you've played this game, don't you feel that at a certain point you run out of monsters to level? After you build your core teams, what are you really spending all your experience on? Do you feel like you've pretty much maxed whatever there is to max when it comes to light leaders and subs?
You know. I actually thought about that after making that post. Is it really worth going through the hassle of building such a team? Is 40-45 runs with my Whiskey Dragon team not enough? You're right. Most of my most important monsters are all already max leveled, and I actually find myself feeding exp to dupes for awakenings for lack of better monsters that need leveling. I guess it's more of a novelty team to add to my collection if I do it. But you're right, I don't need all that exp. Exp is so easy to come by for IAP, I really should be focusing more on +eggs, awakenings, and skill-ups for descended teams monsters. But sometimes I see the opportunity to max skill a bunch of monsters for a gimmick team, and just do it for the accomplishment and possibility of running such team if I ever want. Just like I max-skilled 3 Echidnas on the very first day we got her dungeon or max-skilled 3 Susanos. And I haven't found a use for either of those trios in any real tough dungeon, yet. But I have them, just taking up box space. lol

J0dy77

Yeah, the game has slowly metamorphosized into one that favors spike teams above all. Which with their activation conditions I guess is kind of the strongest test of your puzzling abilities or something? When determining keepable starter monsters the considerations would have to be like
1) How easily they can 0 stone descendeds
2) The ease of activation of the "spike" threshold
3) The amount of time / money necessary to build a team that can reliably accomplish the above 2

That's exactly what i was thinking this morning when making my quick/off the top of my head tier list. We shouldn't even tier them anymore just lump them in the "Keep em, or reroll" category.

Yeah. And I'm sure Takeminakata will also return. But now I gotta sit on a bunch of Werewolves waiting on something to feed them to until then. Not even sure it's worth it anyway after thinking about it. Exp is so easy to come by, do I really need to do it even faster?

You know. I actually thought about that after making that post. Is it really worth going through the hassle of building such a team? Is 40-45 runs with my Whiskey Dragon team not enough? You're right. Most of my most important monsters are all already max leveled, and I actually find myself feeding exp to dupes for awakenings for lack of better monsters that need leveling. I guess it's more of a novelty team to add to my collection if I do it. But you're right, I don't need all that exp. Exp is so easy to come by for IAP, I really should be focusing more on +eggs, awakenings, and skill-ups for descended teams monsters. But sometimes I see the opportunity to max skill a bunch of monsters for a gimmick team, and just do it for the accomplishment and possibility of running such team if I ever want. Just like I max-skilled 3 Echidnas on the very first day we got her dungeon or max-skilled 3 Susanos. And I haven't found a use for either of those trios in any real tough dungeon, yet. But I have them, just taking up box space. lol

If you have 3 echidnas and 2 max skilled Kushinidas you could potentially run perma delay team. With Kushinidas as leader you even have good spike and you'll have a extra slot for utility. That would be an interesting team to play.

Limit

That's exactly what i was thinking this morning when making my quick/off the top of my head tier list. We shouldn't even tier them anymore just lump them in the "Keep em, or reroll" category.

I concur. Gungho doing a decent job in adding variation to descended dungeons coupled with the diversity of skills of monsters in the current roster has resulted in there being more variety than ever in how you want to tackle these aforementioned dungeons. There are so many monsters I would be happy with as my first roll if I were to start the game from the beginning today.

If someone were to force me to come up with a classification system for the keep-em category I would rather differentiate by the play style of the monster (offensive or defensive) than best to worst. Although AA Lucifer can tackle any normal or technical dungeon I just don't have the patience for using him any more. I would rather play with a Ra team while farming Starlight Sanctuary than an AA Lucifer one.

If you have 3 echidnas and 2 max skilled Kushinidas you could potentially run perma delay team. With Kushinidas as leader you even have good spike and you'll have a extra slot for utility. That would be an interesting team to play.
The problem is that there's no such thing as perma-delay. You can create a continuous loop, where you can immediately delay after the last one wears off, but enemies will still get an attack in between each delay. And that's all it takes to wipe out your team, especially with Echidna's low HP. Triple Echidnas have been possible for a long time, but you never see them in team recommendations, because they don't work in practice as well as it sounds in theory. And for dungeons where it would work, the dungeon is easy enough to farm easier and faster with a spike team.

The problem is that there's no such thing as perma-delay. You can create a continuous loop, where you can immediately delay after the last one wears off, but enemies will still get an attack in between each delay. And that's all it takes to wipe out your team, especially with Echidna's low HP. Triple Echidnas have been possible for a long time, but you never see them in team recommendations, because they don't work in practice as well as it sounds in theory. And for dungeons where it would work, the dungeon is easy enough to farm easier and faster with a spike team.

Thats why you run 2 kushinidas. 8 turn cd 75 percent dmg reduction is enough that you will live through that and you get to activate your next delay once that wears off. Order goes 3 turn delay, 1 turn kushi, 3 turn delay, 1 turn kushi, 3 turn delay, 1st kushi skill should be cooled down.

I think that's where Kushinada's 75% damage reduction comes into play with that team. For every turn where you must take damage, you can numb it by a significant amount. The only issue with that is that there are guys like Fagan, who can hit for like 270k. Even reduced, he's still hitting for some 68k, which you can't take.

I hate Dub-Mythlits!

I need so many of them for evolutions and Ultimate Evolutions and Nothing nada out of TWO fridays on event 2x drops.

My Ultimate Ammy needs one, my Haku needs one, Chu CHu needs one, and then my ultimate Evos for Verche, Duke Vamp and Chu Chu will need them as well!

so frustrating!

lenni

I hate Dub-Mythlits!

I need so many of them for evolutions and Ultimate Evolutions and Nothing nada out of TWO fridays on event 2x drops.

My Ultimate Ammy needs one, my Haku needs one, Chu CHu needs one, and then my ultimate Evos for Verche, Duke Vamp and Chu Chu will need them as well!

so frustrating!

These kind of runs make you feel like there is a "want/need system" in place, eh? ;)
I've been looking for dub topalits and now my box is flooded with dub myths. I still have 6 left after doing some evolutions.

In other news: I've finally had a really good god fest and pulled Kirin, Haku, Leilan and Dark Meta during PC fest. Now I can finally tackle the higher Descendeds with Kirin!

^^^ Congrats on the awesome pulls!

Thats why you run 2 kushinidas. 8 turn cd 75 percent dmg reduction is enough that you will live through that and you get to activate your next delay once that wears off. Order goes 3 turn delay, 1 turn kushi, 3 turn delay, 1 turn kushi, 3 turn delay, 1st kushi skill should be cooled down.
Yeah, I guess that can work, except against bosses that GungHo designed with massive damage attacks to counteract defensive teams like Septimus Prime's example. Maybe that's an idea to keep in the back pocket in case we ever get Kushi skill-ups.

Top Tier
Kirin (best subs completely non-REM), Dark Meta, UmiYama

2nd Tier
Horus, Lucifer, Bastet, Okuni, Haku

Everything else doesn't matter since you should re-roll.

Moderate IAP

Top Tier
Dark Meta, Kirin, UmiYama

2nd Tier
Horus, Lucifer, Bastet, Okuni, Haku, Yomi, G.Odin, B.Odin, Kush, Astarot, RA

3rd Tier
Rest of Chinese God, Valk, Norse Gods, Rest of Archangels, Greek 2 Gods, Light Meta, Orochi, Hades, Venus
Bolding what i have...
My monster Collection has really shaped up

Yeah, I guess that can work, except against bosses that GungHo designed with massive damage attacks to counteract defensive teams like Septimus Prime's example. Maybe that's an idea to keep in the back pocket in case we ever get Kushi skill-ups.

The team isn't really meant to be serious, just a fun way to use your 3 max skill echidnas. As mentioned by others, there are may ways this can fail, but its still fun to theorycraft quirky teams.

Tobe

farming materials and leveling up is probably what is the hardest for me. ive yet to become familiar with clearing boards so i have new boards after every haku combo.

probably 12k hp is really for a tackling the more advance levels. really need those stats.

xCobalt

I think that's where Kushinada's 75% damage reduction comes into play with that team. For every turn where you must take damage, you can numb it by a significant amount. The only issue with that is that there are guys like Fagan, who can hit for like 270k. Even reduced, he's still hitting for some 68k, which you can't take.

The 5th slot could be one of the elementals. For fagan, you could bring along Thanatos.

Finished farming blue keepers for grundy skill up fodder. Decided to finally take on Fire Mech. Not so tough now, huh?

And look who was nice enough to invade on the first floor:

edit: Oh dammit. Have to make a Red Keeper run now to evo this Chaser. So sick of Keeper runs after today.

coy

Once the Pirate Dragon series comes to our shores, we should be getting JP 2.0 skillups. For Kushinada, the Green Pirate does the job.

I personally cannot wait for the Black Pirate. Okuninushi will be pleased.

I concur. Gungho doing a decent job in adding variation to descended dungeons coupled with the diversity of skills of monsters in the current roster has resulted in there being more variety than ever in how you want to tackle these aforementioned dungeons. There are so many monsters I would be happy with as my first roll if I were to start the game from the beginning today.

If someone were to force me to come up with a classification system for the keep-em category I would rather differentiate by the play style of the monster (offensive or defensive) than best to worst. Although AA Lucifer can tackle any normal or technical dungeon I just don't have the patience for using him any more. I would rather play with a Ra team while farming Starlight Sanctuary than an AA Lucifer one.

This idea I can get down with. The vg guide does a good job of explaining things, but I actually really enjoy eltoshen's guide (from @PF) as he categorizes the monsters by their type of play with a little blurb about each one. I feel it better represents the monsters by grouping them with others of similar play styles.

Finished farming blue keepers for grundy skill up fodder. Decided to finally take on Fire Mech. Not so tough now, huh?

And look who was nice enough to invade on the first floor:

edit: Oh dammit. Have to make a Red Keeper run now to evo this Chaser. So sick of Keeper runs after today.

oh goddamn that's a nice run. What team did you run?

KuroNeeko

Just DL'd this again after an extended break. I miss my Horus but am interested in seeing what has changed.

The UI has really received a lot of work! I'm going to be going no IAP this time around and I think there's a water festival going on - anything good units I should keep my eyes open for?

I've always wanted an Isis - maybe I'll keep rerolling until I get her?

Tobe

Just DL'd this again after an extended break. I miss my Horus but am interested in seeing what has changed.

The UI has really received a lot of work! I'm going to be going no IAP this time around and I think there's a water festival going on - anything good units I should keep my eyes open for?

I've always wanted an Isis - maybe I'll keep rerolling until I get her?

wonder twins, umi-yama

I wonder what changes to anubis's leader skill will pop up?

It's gotta be better than or equal to Robin/Kushi for one of them (would be similar to Ra that way). But how could they make him more difficult for a better multiplier?

Seriously, how could they do it? 10x combo is hard enough as it is!

Limit

It's gotta be better than or equal to Robin/Kushi for one of them (would be similar to Ra that way). But how could they make him more difficult for a better multiplier?

There is no way Gungho is going to go beyond 10x for Anubis. The change in leader skill will be just like Robin's current skill: 6x for 8 combos, 8x for 9, and 10x for 10. Perhaps they might even add 4x for 7 combos but that is a long shot as it will turn Anubis into a viable monster to be used under general circumstances.

100x for 100-combo!?

Seriously, though, I honestly think they'll keep the 10x while also adding in a lower value one, like 5x for 7-combo. That way it's at least usable.

razterik

Laughing at the Anubis optimism in here. Have you learned nothing from what they did to Horus and Ra? It's probably going to be something like 2.5x at 9 combos, 5x at 10 combos, 10x at 11 combos, and 20x at 12 combos.

Lol, I think all your suggestions would be broken and would easily put Anubis alone at the top of the rankings. Okuninushi's skill only gives you 4x with a 6-combo and nothing else. No way they give Ra 5x for 7-combo along with his 10x for 10-combo. That completely changes the way he's played, because he would turn into a 25x for 7-combo leader with a lucky cascade jackpot built-in. If you wanna go the progressive route, I think 3 for 8, 5 for 9, and 10 for 10 would be more balanced. Of course I have no idea what GungHo is doing with Anubis. But I would like to see them at least add a Devil sub type since Anubis essentially completes the set of counterattack Devils.

And on a separate note, I needed a Rainbow Keeper for an evo and got the drop on my first run. Just like I can't end an REM pull with a gold egg, I decided to run RK until it failed to drop. I ended up with 9 RKs! Guess that makes up for the time I went 0/8 on RK during a non 2x day.

Edit: Started typing my post before Razterik's post. He understands GH too.

saichi

why does everyone uses Siren more than Archangel? Now with Ultimate Evolution forms, wouldn't Archangel be a good sub for Healer team?

razterik

why does everyone uses Siren more than Archangel? Now with Ultimate Evolution forms, wouldn't Archangel be a good sub for Healer team?

She's not terrible, but strictly from a healing perspective, you can do a lot more with heart orbs than the ~4000 HP you can get from her skill. And it's not as easy to skill up.

From a damage standpoint, a heart maker is infinitely more valuable than a straight heal. Siren->Valkyrie skill combo is the main source of damage for any Healer team.

If you are considering stats or color, sure, Archangel might beat Siren. But nobody wants Siren in these cases anyway. Angelion is the preferred sub here.

Top Bottom