• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Jagernaut

D/D Batman was a common drop from the Batcha. Out of 5 pulls I got 3 D/D Batman, Robin, and D/W Batman. I used 1 for a skillup attempt (failed) and kept the other 2, 1 evolved and soon maxed and 1 unevolved but maxed.

Totally forgot about the Ogres. But damn, you're right about Bane, Jager! Team is set!

Time to throw some trash mobs at it now:

b1eXWkWl.jpg

lol that RCV is gonna be a problem.

So it seems D/L Yomi is more popular than D/D Yomi. Is that the general consensus? I have 2 Yomi's and and the mats to busty both of them, but one is max-skilled while the other is skill level 1. Not sure which way to evolve the max skilled Yomi. Thoughts?

Totally forgot about the Ogres. But damn, you're right about Bane, Jager! Team is set!

Time to throw some trash mobs at it now:

lol that RCV is gonna be a problem.
IMO with two skill boost awakenings and a matching fire element the Ogre is better. But if you don't have that on hand by the time Tengu rolls around again, then SOLAR LAZERRRRR works too.

razterik

If you are leading with the dark/light, don't know how often you need two CTW, especially if your friend is max skill. Dark/dark will always be a sub, and having it max skilled works much better for Byakko.

Going through the same dilemma myself. Come back, ECO dungeon!

IMO with two skill boost awakenings and a matching fire element the Ogre is better. But if you don't have that on hand by the time Tengu rolls around again, then SOLAR LAZERRRRR works too.
Yup, I was gonna say that, too. The 2 Skill Boosts are huge, as is the elemental synergy to take advantage of orb changing.

I was just filtering the monster book on PADX, and a couple of other options are King Bubblie (3x Physical attack + 2 Skill Boost awakenings) and OCTOPUS Ver.2 (Change Water and Hearts to Fire). I don't expect many people saved any Octopuses. But King Bubblie would actually be amazing for that team.

If I can farm up 3 of them in time, I will slot a fully awoken Ice Samurai. 'Just ran the numbers and if all the members are maxed, it'll have a tad over 47,000 HP. If I can somehow manage to have over 31776 HP when Tengu does his special big damage attack, it can withstand it if I use Flame Guardian's active.

Yup, I was gonna say that, too. The 2 Skill Boosts are huge, as is the elemental synergy to take advantage of orb changing.

I was just filtering the monster book on PADX, and a couple of other options are King Bubblie (3x Physical attack + 2 Skill Boost awakenings) and OCTOPUS Ver.2 (Change Water and Hearts to Fire). I don't expect many people saved any Octopuses. But King Bubblie would actually be amazing for that team.

edit: GC wtf I am such a moron. how could I overlook king bubblie, too? -_-;

As for Octopos ver. 2, though :D

If you are leading with the dark/light, don't know how often you need two CTW, especially if your friend is max skill. Dark/dark will always be a sub, and having it max skilled works much better for Byakko.

Going through the same dilemma myself. Come back, ECO dungeon!
That's assuming many people are running max skill D/L Yomis. If I have my own max skill Yomi, I don't have to rely on others to be max skilled. But I don't even really see myself running either Yomi as a leader. There are many better options for the leader spot than D/L Yomi, and D/D Yomi is worthless as a leader as you point out. So, it boils down to who makes for the better sub monster? D/L Yomi works better with D.Meta(which I want but don't have), while D/D Yomi arguably works better for Byakko, since D/D has better HP and RCV, and ATK is somewhat compensated by the Dark sub attack, since the Light sub on D/L Yomi would be useless after a Haku activation. But I think CTW is more useful to D.Meta since it seems harder to create full horizontal rows of Dark than to make multiple combos of Red, Blue, and Dark orbs. And D.Meta is less of a stall team and thus would want a quicker CTW, whereas Haku is more stall-friendly and even runs Echidna and/or Orochi. And even then, I can still use D/L Yomi on a Haku team, but D/D Yomi doesn't work on a D.Meta team.

I think I just reasoned myself into turning my max-skilled Yomi into D/L.

@TLR: Heh. Cool that you actually have an Octopus. And I didn't even think about King Bubblie either. Was narrowly focused on Fire monsters. But yeah, King Bubblie looks to be a perfect fit for the team and gives it 1-shot kill power, especially against Tengu. And combining with Ice Samurai Ogre to start with a -4 cooldown is huge for a 5 rd dungeon, especially with such a low RCV team that may have trouble stalling.

Colby

I'm going D/L Yomi for dat attack. It's an excellent sub on Attacker and Athena teams. I was thinking about putting it on a Robin team because of the extra one second timer. I'm not great at matching, so putting fully Awakened D/L Yomi and fully Awakened F/L Horus will really help with Robin. Their amazing attack is a bonus.

Okay yeah the Hero gods aren't very good when you put it in the sense that there are already unconditional 3x and conditional 3.5x monocolor leaders.

Made mine D/L, mostly because I like big numbers and she's got about 450 more ATK even when counting the extra 10% from D/D. Also works better on other teams and hopefully I'll pull a Dark Meta sometime.

This is so much fun btw:
First 10 combo ctw ;_;

xCobalt

Got the flame chaser to invade while clearing the dungeons to get my stone. My Tengu team will probably be 2 x Flame Chasers as leaders with Echidna, Gigas, Phoenix Knight and Ice Samurai Golem.

Hi pad gaf, i'm not dead!
Preparing for an eu project kickoff next week, so i'm a bit overwhelmed by work!
Soon the supreme spammer will rise again!

Was able to beat Legend Difficulty Goemon on JP server using a poverty Luci setup. Didn't drop, though. Was very lucky throughout the whole dungeon. Heart cascades were so helpful, and Goemon didn't bind my leaders.

Which reminds me: @cosmo thanks for the asti the other day for 2 Heroes. Did not go well, though, as the triple vamps wore me down. I really need Luci's lol cannon, but didn't end up getting the Cu Chu that I needed.

Was able to beat Legend Difficulty Goemon on JP server using a poverty Luci setup. Didn't drop, though. Was very lucky throughout the whole dungeon. Heart cascades were so helpful, and Goemon didn't bind my leaders.

Which reminds me: @cosmo thanks for the asti the other day for 2 Heroes. Did not go well, though, as the triple vamps wore me down. I really need Luci's lol cannon, but didn't end up getting the Cu Chu that I needed.
Log you're on jp or us?
If you're on us and need a max asty, just give me a bump

coy

So during the last godfest, I pulled a Bastet. I used my green noel on it, and then ultimate evo'ed it. Now I wanted to know if I could make a team with her with my current monsters. I've been running a mono dark team this whole time (my very first pull was a Luci). It is pretty boring because of the low damage, but I am not very good with matching orbs. I can get 4-5 combos somewhat consistently, but not always. I wanted to try something different. As you can see, I do have a Kirin, but I find it kinda hard to always activate her leader skill.

Please take a look at my box, and let me know what I can do. None of my skills are maxed, and the siren is fully awoken.

First off, that is a superb box to work with. Secondly, on top of the Bastet teams already suggested, you also have Venus who, when bustied to L/L, gains Healer type. A team like Bastet/Venus/Echidna/Siren/King Shynee can mow down much of the content. If you pick up a Fairlio down the line, you can replace Siren. Valkyrie has not even been mentioned which, with your current monsters (Lucifer), can be easily acquired. Now you have a 16x Healer team with insane RCV as well as the ability to burst for 48x when needed.

You can also go with a Light-heavy God team and do something like Bastet/Kirin/Verche/Venus/Izanagi - gravity, orb changer, CTW skill and x2 damage for 32x burst potential. Plus, this team at max level has over 17k HP and 3k RCV! It might not be stable enough for some tougher content (no delay or defensive skill) but the firepower this team can provide is immense.

For reference, my two main Bastet teams are:

Healer team - Bastet/Angelion/Valkyrie/Echidna/King Shynee (praying for a Venus at some point)
God team - Bastet/G.Odin/Genbu/Hades/Izanagi (will switch Hades for Verche if I want more Light ATK)

BTW if you'd like to add: 328.842.248

Genji

Made mine D/L, mostly because I like big numbers and she's got about 450 more ATK even when counting the extra 10% from D/D. Also works better on other teams and hopefully I'll pull a Dark Meta sometime.

This is so much fun btw:
First 10 combo ctw ;_;

As a new Haku user, that is awesome to see :)

Tobe

This is so much fun btw:
First 10 combo ctw ;_;

this is a thing of beauty, i can make that team too so im not hopeless :)

having fun with my shit tier meta team farming OoH, cant handle really low hp but having a friend D/D evolved Bats is a godbless he is attacker and gives 2x atk and hp. plu having D/W bats in the team THE DAMAGE THE DAMAGE.

yami4ct

After leaving this sitting on my phone for quite some time, I really got into this over Christmas. While I didn't know how to play for a while, wasted a lot of Rainbow Stones for instance, through some decent REM and drop luck, I've managed to get my way through the first part of the game. Just got through Satan's Castle yesterday. Got super lucky during Godfest and pulled both Isis and Bastet right in a row. Haven't been using Bast yet, but having Isis as my main leader has made me really learn how to play the game. No longer playing it like a traditional match-3 has increased my success immensely.

Which brings me to why I'm saying hi to you all, I desperately need some more good helpers so I can farm top level evo material. Really looking for a Shiva helper especially to make mask farming super easy. My PAD code is 371242226.

Thanks to anyone who can help me out as I'm still learning this thing!

Tobe

i think i have a free present, if somebody is new would you like the exchange them :)
After leaving this sitting on my phone for quite some time, I really got into this over Christmas. While I didn't know how to play for a while, wasted a lot of Rainbow Stones for instance, through some decent REM and drop luck, I've managed to get my way through the first part of the game. Just got through Satan's Castle yesterday. Got super lucky during Godfest and pulled both Isis and Bastet right in a row. Haven't been using Bast yet, but having Isis as my main leader has made me really learn how to play the game. No longer playing it like a traditional match-3 has increased my success immensely.

Which brings me to why I'm saying hi to you all, I desperately need some more good helpers so I can farm top level evo material. Really looking for a Shiva helper especially to make mask farming super easy. My PAD code is 371242226.

Thanks to anyone who can help me out as I'm still learning this thing!

you can add me. im usually running haku or D/W vamp, ocasionally Dtron. 369,376,278
Tobe@GAF

yami4ct

i think i have a free present, if somebody is new would you like the exchange them :)

you can add me. im usually running haku or D/W vamp, ocasionally Dtron. 369,376,278
Tobe@GAF

Added you. Also cleared out some space if any other GAFers end up wanting to add me.

Looking back, I cannot believe how wrong I was playing this game at first. I treated Rainbow Stones not as the rare commodity they are, but as a renewable resource, I played the REM outside of a Godfest and other rookie mistakes. I also cannot believe how long it took me to realize how important being able to move an orb around freely for a period of time to get multiple matches was. The dumbest thing, though, was I didn't even know monsters had active abilities for like the first week I played it. That was probably my biggest revelation of all, haha.

xCobalt

Added you. Also cleared out some space if any other GAFers end up wanting to add me.

Looking back, I cannot believe how wrong I was playing this game at first. I treated Rainbow Stones not as the rare commodity they are, but as a renewable resource, I played the REM outside of a Godfest and other rookie mistakes. I also cannot believe how long it took me to realize how important being able to move an orb around freely for a period of time to get multiple matches was. The dumbest thing, though, was I didn't even know monsters had active abilities for like the first week I played it. That was probably my biggest revelation of all, haha.

Don't worry too much about using your stones. I'm sure everyone here has wasted stones early on. It's good that Gungho gives us a steady supply of them. You can probably expect like 7+ stones every few weeks.

yami4ct

Don't worry too much about using your stones. I'm sure everyone here has wasted stones early on. It's good that Gungho gives us a steady supply of them. You can probably expect like 7+ stones every few weeks.

I'm lucky I joined during Christmastide. I replaced pretty much all my wasted stones damn quick, just in time for Godfest. Good to hear I can expect more, though. Was afraid that the stones would really dry up as you got into the mid-game, practically forcing you to use IAP to keep moving forward.

3/4 for super metals which was nice!

Maxed Haku 5*, Venus 5* and got some more levels on ultimate Loki.

With Freyr for red focused Haku teams, Loki for dark focused Haku teams (and both pair well with Hera-Ur) this just leaves blue out in the cold (no I&I or Beelzebub).

Haku looks like lots of fun, going to have to play around with her.

And of course need more dub-mythlits

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
REM/PAL upgrade coming on the 10th
https://www.facebook.com/notes/puzz...achinepal-egg-machine-renewal/760758767286051

As for new monsters, new Valks added, no fruit dragons until 6.2 or 6.3 probably

For those not wanting to click:

1549569_763638893664705_1900874442_n.png

*Rare Egg Machine Update/Pal Egg Machine Lineup Renewal*
Beginning 1/10 (Fri), 12:00 AM

There are some exciting things going on at the Rare Egg Machine! Check out all these new features!

- New Lovely and Blazing Valkyrie Monsters Added
- Powerful 6 Star Monsters added to lineup
- 3 Star drop rate decreased, 4 Star drop rate increased
- +Egg probability increased by 1.5x
- Some Monsters have a chance to drop up to level 20
- New Rare Monsters being added to the Pal Egg Machine

For more information on the Rare Egg and Pal Egg Machine updates, see here: http://tinyurl.com/m4vumlz

Clicking the "see here" link gives this!

1497616_760765793952015_664062928_n.png

Beginning 1/10 at 12:00 AM (PST)

The Rare Egg Machine is getting a major overhaul! Monster lineups and appearances are being adjusted—3 ★ Monster rates have decreased, while 4 ★ Monsters and up have increased. This means that strong and rare monsters are now more obtainable.

We are pleased to announce the addition of the new Valkyrie Monsters:

Lovely Maiden, Princess Valkyrie (6 ★)
Blazing Maiden, Princess Valkyrie (6 ★)

Based on the hugely popular monster, Princess Valkyrie, these new variants have arrived with new Attributes and Skills. Just like their older sister, both the Lovely and the Blazing Maiden will have Ultimate Evolutions!

Together with the new Valkyrie monsters we’ve added evolved monsters such as:

King Siegfried, Blue Champion (6 Star)
High Dark Ninja Hanzo (6 Star)

1522041_760770907284837_522428042_n.png

4 Star Monsters such as Vampire Lord (4 Star) and Pierdrawn (4 Star) also have a chance to drop with a level up to 20.

1551706_760770993951495_258147223_n.png

In addition, probabilities of +Egg drops have increased to 1.5x. Collect these to fortify your team!

Last, several popular monsters of increased rarity will be added to the Pal Egg Machine - don't worry, there are more on the way. This includes great monsters like:

Phoenix (4 ★)
High Gold Dragon (4 ★)

Make sure you check out the newly improved Egg Machines if you want to strengthen your teams!

======================================

The reduced 3* rate is pretty awesome. Increased 4* rate is...Well, it is what it is.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I can't justify a JP account after having sunk the money that I have into the US version. Also, even though I can use PDX or whatever, I like to be able to read my game. Even though we're behind, we're not stagnant. If we weren't making ANY progress, I'd think twice...But they ARE trying(ish).

Kunohara

First off, that is a superb box to work with. Secondly, on top of the Bastet teams already suggested, you also have Venus who, when bustied to L/L, gains Healer type. A team like Bastet/Venus/Echidna/Siren/King Shynee can mow down much of the content. If you pick up a Fairlio down the line, you can replace Siren. Valkyrie has not even been mentioned which, with your current monsters (Lucifer), can be easily acquired. Now you have a 16x Healer team with insane RCV as well as the ability to burst for 48x when needed.

You can also go with a Light-heavy God team and do something like Bastet/Kirin/Verche/Venus/Izanagi - gravity, orb changer, CTW skill and x2 damage for 32x burst potential. Plus, this team at max level has over 17k HP and 3k RCV! It might not be stable enough for some tougher content (no delay or defensive skill) but the firepower this team can provide is immense.

For reference, my two main Bastet teams are:

Healer team - Bastet/Angelion/Valkyrie/Echidna/King Shynee (praying for a Venus at some point)
God team - Bastet/G.Odin/Genbu/Hades/Izanagi (will switch Hades for Verche if I want more Light ATK)

BTW if you'd like to add: 328.842.248

Thanks alot for the info. I didn't think I had that good of a box, but from what you guys are saying, this is awesome. Best part is I have not put a single dime into the game. I just logged on for the 116th day. It is really nice playing different teams instead of my mono dark. Really has made me want to play the game more. I've added you coy.

Selner

REM/PAL upgrade coming on the 10th
https://www.facebook.com/notes/puzz...achinepal-egg-machine-renewal/760758767286051

As for new monsters, new Valks added, no fruit dragons until 6.2 or 6.3 probably

So they've updated the REM and PAL, but does anyone know when the next Godfest might be happening? I will have either 3-4 pulls, and I'm itching to use them :) .

I don't know if it was someone one here, but somene sent a lvl20 present yesterday, so I returned the favor and send them mine.
I've got red, blue and green starters now.

As for the "beginner mistakes", when I played this the first time I didn't know there were such things as Godfests. I just pulled whenever. And it took me quite some time for it to click that you could make multiple matches at once. I think I played for several days just making single 3-orb matches.

I will check my Friends list and see about adding some folks here. I currently only run Fenris Knight Kamui, as he's the best I've got.

J0dy77

god japan gets so much shit, might as well create a jp acc.

I created a JP account just for this reason. It's kind of a double edged sword though, it stings seeing what we miss out on in the US version. The Hunter X Hunter collab just ended in JP and the New Years event is still running for JP.

I can't justify a JP account after having sunk the money that I have into the US version. Also, even though I can use PDX or whatever, I like to be able to read my game. Even though we're behind, we're not stagnant. If we weren't making ANY progress, I'd think twice...But they ARE trying(ish).

Not being able to read what is going on often deters me from playing JP. It's a pain switching back and for between PAD guide for the stuff I don't recall or can't recall from memory.

Looking forward to the update PAL machine and REM. The PAL is a huge improvement, makes the rolls worth a lot more.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is it worth getting a second Flame Chaser? Or better question...Is it worth getting two of each chaser when they come around?

New Years event ended for JP a few days ago; the extra stones were for team Nicovideo 0-stoning the PADZ collab on live Internet TV. Although a new event just started 5 minutes ago for PADZ breaking 1m sales in Japan.

linsivvi

New Years event ended for JP a few days ago; the extra stones were for team Nicovideo 0-stoning the PADZ collab on live Internet TV. Although a new event just started 5 minutes ago for PADZ breaking 1m sales in Japan.

Just looked at the Media Create number. Wow.

The day it gets localized is the day I finally pick up a 3DS.

Top Bottom