• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

god japan gets so much shit, might as well create a jp acc.

It's pretty damn great. Another event starting today.

You might as well, Tobe. Who knows? Maybe your luck on JP will be completely opposite compared to your hilarious bad luck stories on the US server.

padgaf...
give me some light!
what should be my next blue project?
possible candidates are:
1) second hera-is (first one is max level.. slowly skilling)
2) neptune (i have two of them so i can actually go with both busty)
3) karin (seiryuu)
4) umisachi&yamasachi
5) isis
7) siegfried
8) fenrir
9) ice golem

most likely i'll go with siegfried and then either my first neptune or fenrir, but pls do advice padgaf!

padgaf...
give me some light!
possible candidates are:
3) karin (seiryuu)
4) umisachi&yamasachi
5) isis
7) siegfried
8) fenrir
9) ice golem

most likely i'll go with siegfried and then either my first neptune or fenrir, but pls do advice padgaf!

Depends on what teams you usually run (other than monored), but I would say Sieg -> Neptune -> Isis

Siegfried > Isis > Umi/Ya > Fenrir (Can bump up if he gets his own dungeon for skill-ups)

I'd say Umi/Ya first if you were going to run it as your main spike team, but you obviously already have other spike leaders.

Wait, you said you MIGHT go Kirin? If you have Kirin, you MUST build her up. Best leader in the game right now and a ton of people use her. And she has a skill-up dungeon with a guaranteed drop that's available to farm 24/7.

J0dy77

padgaf...
give me some light!
possible candidates are:
3) karin (seiryuu)
4) umisachi&yamasachi
5) isis
7) siegfried
8) fenrir
9) ice golem

I run monored, valk, low level ra/horus atm..
Might go kirin too

U&Y are really strong but not that great as a sub. Seigfried is a great farm sub for Horus/Kirin type teams especially when you max skill them from Poring tower (if we ever get it again). I'm personally a big fan of Isis as a leader with the new Busty when that goes live. Neptune is an amazing stat stick.

It depends on what you want to do and what team you're focusing on. U&Y and Isis if you are going for leads. Seigfried and Neptune if you're looking for subs. Do the Dark subtype for Neptune first. I rolled mine back after making the mistake of going light the first time. Devil teams are just much more popular.

Siegfried > Isis > Umi/Ya > Fenrir (Can bump up if he gets his own dungeon for skill-ups)

I'd say Umi/Ya first if you were going to run it as your main spike team, but you obviously already have other spike leaders.

Wait, you said you MIGHT go Kirin? If you have Kirin, you MUST build her up. Best leader in the game right now and a ton of people use her. And she has a skill-up dungeon with a guaranteed drop that's available to farm 24/7.

i'm thinking he mistyped and meant Karin as that is what is on the list. If not, totally agree with you hah

i'm thinking he mistyped and meant Karin as that is what is on the list. If not, totally agree with you hah

nope i have a kirin but i run it just for fun :p
btw, worth it to switch to bastet lead instead of valk lead for healer team?
and go say
bastet//bastet, angelion, valkyrie, echidna,shynee

Haha you say that like most people are able to farm fagan. Which i don't think is possible unless you pretty much already have a maxed out kirin team with lots of + eggs.

Ducarmel

nope i have a kirin but i run it just for fun :p
btw, worth it to switch to bastet lead instead of valk lead for healer team?
and go say
bastet//bastet, angelion, valkyrie, echidna,shynee

If you have Cosmos Venus and comfortable playing without delay you would have the most optimal Bastet healer team.

If you have Cosmos Venus and comfortable playing without delay you would have the most optimal Bastet healer team.
eh, i don't like cosmo venus because for me her active is meh..
i don't need help and i can easily get 8-9 combo.. i'd rather get some active skill that can pump out dmg multi or orb conversion at hand :X

Ducarmel

i don't need help and i can easily get 8-9 combo.. i'd rather get some active skill that can pump out dmg multi or orb conversion at hand :X

Its more that she obviously has better stats then Echidna. She clearly puts out more damage without any weaknesses compared to Echidna if more damage is what you are looking for.

If that's the case, then yeah, I would definitely lead with Bastet instead of Valk. Valk is great for farming the easier dungeons so you can save time not having to make large combos. But Bastet has more potential if you're skilled enough to use her.

Might check out Divine Gate JP soon. Been hopping between a lot of different F2P games recently and pretty much all of them make it obvious that you are going to have a terrible late-game experience if you stay non-IAP for an extended period of time.

Limit

Might check out Divine Gate JP soon. Been hopping between a lot of different F2P games recently and pretty much all of them make it obvious that you are going to have a terrible late-game experience if you stay non-IAP for an extended period of time.

Care to namedrop some of these F2P games you have been checking out?

Ashodin

Quiz RPG! It's my favorite PAD clone-like.

Care to namedrop some of these F2P games you have been checking out?
Puyo Quest, Demon Tribe, Donpacchin, Dungeons & Golf, Smash Tennis

Each of them has various reasons why I stopped playing them and went back to PAD instead:
Puyo Quest is honestly pretty decent albeit a bit shallow as far as raw skill goes, but is a bit tooo similar to PAD

Demon Tribe takes like half a year to load on my phone and has a whopping FIVE different tiers of gacha

Donpacchin has a neat "feature" where they allow you to keep playing even if your monster box fills up, BUT you can't remove pets from temp storage unless you clear out your box. It also splits all its microtransactions into separate "currencies" as opposed to just having a unified one, and of course the box expansion ones are the hardest to obtain outside of IAP. Imagine only being able to expand your box by 5 slots every time you cleared Departure Tower -> Castle of Satan numbers of dungeons

The other two I sought out due to some sick desire to find as many confluences between (rich old white male game) x (smartphone app) x (anime as heck) as possible. Smash Tennis has no publisher support and so apparently has NEVER ran any sort of event or special dungeon since the game launched, while Dangolf implements the dreaded "durability" mechanic for your golf clubs.

Honestly Dangolf wasn't that bad (outside of potentially breaking your clubs faster than you could earn funbux to fix them); what made me quit was wanting to throw my phone at the wall every time I missed a painfully easy birdie. lol

wat

PADwiki is showing pengdra and goemon tomorrow? cool
Yeah. Just noticed it, too. Really liking how GH is giving us all these dungeons that are usually reserved for special events. And they were actually telling the truth about putting Super Jewels/Metals and Pengdra Village on regular rotations.

Zero_IYAD

1604682_763988710296390_818763142_n.png

Got big weekend plans? Well they just got a whole lot bigger!

Some of the biggest and baddest Monsters are descending this weekend. Can you handle the unbridled POWER!

1/10 - The Thief Descended!
1/11 - Hero Descended
1/11 - 1/12 - Dark Night Sword
1/12 - Satan Descended!
Time to grab Satan

Jagernaut

Mini event this weekend, posted in P&D Facebook.

Puzzle & Dragons (North America) - GungHo
5 minutes ago ·
Got big weekend plans? Well they just got a whole lot bigger!

Some of the biggest and baddest Monsters are descending this weekend. Can you handle the unbridled POWER!

1/10 - The Thief Descended!
1/11 - Hero Descended
1/11 - 1/12 - Dark Night Sword
1/12 - Satan Descended!

Edit. Too slow.

coy

Oof, I want Satan on my main, but the 49ers play Sunday. Yes, they don't play all day Sunday, but, win or lose, I don't expect to be in any condition to tackle a descend.

KuroNeeko

All right, P&D GAF, I'm going in!

We've got the Kindle 1-year anniversary fest going on (among other things) and Horus, Sakuya, and Princess Valk are all x 3.

I guess I'll go for a Sakuya, Valk, Parvarti, or Isis. Last time I started with a Chiyome and it was just too hard to get going with her. :/

Genji

Kind of wary about trying out Satan with either Haku or Kirin. Those teams should be able to take the descend down, but still not super comfortable with Kirin. PDX shows that Satan does a 65k hit after [Demon's Field] but it's unclear when that happens. How many turns do you have to kill him and his 6.6M hp?

Kind of wary about trying out Satan with either Haku or Kirin. Those teams should be able to take the descend down, but still not super comfortable with Kirin. PDX shows that Satan does a 65k hit after [Demon's Field] but it's unclear when that happens. How many turns do you have to kill him and his 6.6M hp?

The order of moves is like such:
Glitter of Demonic Eyes (6005) [pre-emptive]
Demonic Shield
regular attack (6005)
regular attack (6005)
World End (a lot)
regular attack
regular attack
World End
etc.

If you cast a buff, I believe Wave Of Nothingness pushes everything back by one turn.

You can see that as long as you have at least 12011 HP, you can spend very few stones on Satan since you only have a chance of dying every 3 truns.

Genji

The order of moves is like such:
Glitter of Demonic Eyes (6005) [pre-emptive]
Demonic Shield
regular attack (6005)
regular attack (6005)
World End (a lot)
regular attack
regular attack
World End
etc.

If you cast a buff, I believe Wave Of Nothingness pushes everything back by one turn.

You can see that as long as you have at least 12011 HP, you can spend very few stones on Satan since you only have a chance of dying every 3 truns.

Thanks for that. So even if you get your menace off before he puts up his shield, you'll only gain an extra turn from it. Gonna be a challenge, but I guess with no hearts it'll be easier to activate Kirin at least!

Totakeke

Heroes descended, damnit, don't have my 2nd Hera levelled up yet.

Edit: If I want to run hero descended with my mono-green, what's the bare minimum stats I should be looking at? Basically I just need to heal enough every turn and the vampire lord stage is probably the hardest?

linsivvi

Thanks for that. So even if you get your menace off before he puts up his shield, you'll only gain an extra turn from it. Gonna be a challenge, but I guess with no hearts it'll be easier to activate Kirin at least!

No, he won't have a first turn until Menace wears off so you'll be fine.

saichi

As cool as GH has been recently about off-event special dungeons, I'm more excited that green starter is getting Super Metal a 3rd time this week. So much food for Hera and Okuni!

Can't believe I missed it the 2nd time today... only did about 6 runs on one night for Super Metal in the past week and I need to lv up my A Hera and Okuni so badly.

tr4656

Can't believe I missed it the 2nd time today... only did about 6 runs on one night for Super Metal in the past week and I need to lv up my A Hera and Okuni so badly.
Probably will be coming again soon by the frequency GH seems to be doing it recently.

linsivvi

Ah, okay, I see it's to dispel a buff on the player, not himself.

Well it's a debuff on everything, but he needs to get a turn in before he can cast the debuff. So if you cast Menace in the first round, Satan won't be able to make a move until the counter goes to 0.

This is unlike monsters with preemptive attacks where they cast the shield before you even have a chance to cast Menace.

I think what a lot of GAFfers found was that Satan was surprisingly easy. If you've beaten the likes of Zeus-Dios or twinlits, Satan should be no problem.

Also, I actually need a bunch of Dragon Flowers. I never thought this day would come.

Genji

Well it's a debuff on everything, but he needs to get a turn in before he can cast the debuff. So if you cast Menace in the first round, Satan won't be able to make a move until the counter goes to 0.

This is unlike monsters with preemptive attacks where they cast the shield before you even have a chance to cast Menace.

I'm dense sometimes, thanks for taking the time to explain :)

I think what a lot of GAFfers found was that Satan was surprisingly easy. If you've beaten the likes of Zeus-Dios or twinlits, Satan should be no problem.

Also, I actually need a bunch of Dragon Flowers. I never thought this day would come.

I hope that's the case, it's an intimidating looking dungeon with his sheer HP and the difficulty in stalling unless you bring a heart maker. Should be fun + stressful to try at least.

After Godfest, i got Haku and Kirin but my skill's not good enough to use Kirin. Which ideal team i should get ? (I've just passed Castle of Satan)

linsivvi

Didn't know the lower levels of flame mechdragon could drop Naga, and it did.

Since I was feeling lucky so I just feed it, and it gave me the last skill up!

I found Satan really easy with a Ra team, you should be fine with Kirin. Since there is no RCV, just stack with high HP subs.

Need Goemon's for skill ups but no 2x rate on skill ups. Stupid grundies taking up space.

Grundy sounds like something that you would do in the bathroom

After Godfest, i got Haku and Kirin but my skill's not good enough to use Kirin. Which ideal team i should get ? (I've just passed Castle of Satan)

I'd start with Haku. Shes relatively easy to activate and has a quite diverse set of subs that can be used. Not sure your box, but i'm sure you have some stuff that will work. 12.25xATK should waste just about everything for a while

Satan...
Valk team, low level kirin team, or low level bastet?
And hp treshold?
I'm Now confident with my combo, so i just need to meeth hp level of safe

Top Bottom