• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Jagernaut

Satan...
Valk team, low level kirin team, or low level bastet?
And hp treshold?
I'm Now confident with my combo, so i just need to meeth hp level of safe

If you have a King Shynee I would use a Valkyrie team or a Bastet healer team. With more than 12010 hp you can take 2 normal hits from Satan. I beat it a while ago with this team, since I had only 10782 hp total it cost me 3 stones.

Rose Valkyrie
Echidna
King Shynee
CoC Glorious Healer
Fuu
Rose Valkyrie

Just rolled 40 rolls on the new PEM. Got a bunch of ninjas and the light/black equivalents.

They're useless right?

they are decent if you run resolve teams quite a bit due to the low HP, high ATK....other than that I havn't found a use for them.

wait until an 'event' before rolling PAL

Selner

Just rolled 40 rolls on the new PEM. Got a bunch of ninjas and the light/black equivalents.

They're useless right?

I just did the three PAL pulls I had, and got Red Moltdra, Kraken and Lil White.

Not even sure what a Moltdra is. Says it's an Enhance Material?
Lil White is nice for me, as I have only two Light monsters right now (Knight and Carbuncle).

And I almost did my three REM pulls, but it's not a Godfest. So no doing that for a little.
Godfest should be coming soon? I hope...

J0dy77

I just did the three PAL pulls I had, and got Red Moltdra, Kraken and Lil White.

Not even sure what a Moltdra is. Says it's an Enhance Material?
Lil White is nice for me, as I have only two Light monsters right now (Knight and Carbuncle).

And I almost did my three REM pulls, but it's not a Godfest. So no doing that for a little.
Godfest should be coming soon? I hope...

Max level the Moltrda and feed it to like color, they are good feeder experience.

Time to grab Satan

Nice set for a mini event. Hmm, do I want to try and skillup satan? I'm going to try and run Goemon Mythical with a a Byakko team, think it will work well with heavy Water focus. I'm going to run dark knights all weekend, I need that final CDK skillup.

Tobe

it sucks that my 100 day gift comes next tuesday :( i really need those stones.

i tried goemon on legend, boy those ninjas hit hard. wasted 1 stone there, goemon beat me tho :/

7 pulls on Pal (why not) no 1* trash, but only 1 new monster (a light high ninja)

Is fire mechdragon Expert the best level for farming a Flame Chaser? 7 levels to have him invade on 25 stam?

I'm going to max awaken my trophy, because why not, but if the invade chance is truly the same each time then I want to make sure that expert is the best chance.

coy

Didn't know the lower levels of flame mechdragon could drop Naga, and it did.

Since I was feeling lucky so I just feed it, and it gave me the last skill up!

Give me some of your luck please! 5 months now and still on my last skill up for her. Also congrats especially on a non-2x day.

Due to the nature of Satan's dungeon (no RCV and low turn timers), stalling is truly difficult. A tip I remember reading before my first attempt: If you find yourself at Hades (Satan is next) and still have some turns until your skills are up (especially delay) or you are <6005 HP, it might be wiser to eat the Hades hit then pop a stone and stall on Hades an additional 6 turns. Yes, this means not a 0-stone run, but it makes the Satan fight so much easier with your skills at the ready.

The order of moves is like such:
Glitter of Demonic Eyes (6005) [pre-emptive]
Demonic Shield
regular attack (6005)
regular attack (6005)
World End (a lot)
regular attack
regular attack
World End
etc.

It'll cost more stones to deal with this barrage w/o skills.

Due to the nature of Satan's dungeon (no RCV and low turn timers), stalling is truly difficult. A tip I remember reading before my first attempt: If you find yourself at Hades (Satan is next) and still have some turns until your skills are up (especially delay) or you are <6005 HP, it might be wiser to eat the Hades hit then pop a stone and stall on Hades an additional 6 turns. Yes, this means not a 0-stone run, but it makes the Satan fight so much easier with your skills at the ready.

You shouldn't really be stalling much anyway, the dungeon is a perfect setup for a high multiplier burst time. Even easier if you go light heavy. Satan is a little trickier, but if you can get Echidna charged in time, shouldn't be TOO difficult.

J0dy77

You shouldn't really be stalling much anyway, the dungeon is a perfect setup for a high multiplier burst time. Even easier if you go light heavy. Satan is a little trickier, but if you can get Echidna charged in time, shouldn't be TOO difficult.

Satan was one of those dungeons that I thought was going to be impossible but ended up being much easier than expected. The fact that you don't have heal orbs makes the combo count, cascades and damage much higher.

bodine1231

Which of these two should I be focusing on? Both teams are hard to level so I need to pick a direction or I'll be stuck where I'm at for a long time. I also have a Horus team that I put together but I'm just not good enough with orb matching yet to get his ability off consistently. I'm practicing but that's a team I'll use in the future when I get better at matching.

I'll swap Lilith with Rainbow Keeper when I get more team cost.

ZeroAKA

It took 3 weeks of Friday Dungeon runs, but I finally got the 2 Dub-topalits I need to fully evolve my Valkyrie. I also now have 10 Dub-mythlits in my box. GungHo is a cruel god. :/

J0dy77

Which of these two should I be focusing on? Both teams are hard to level so I need to pick a direction or I'll be stuck where I'm at for a long time. I also have a Horus team that I put together but I'm just not good enough with orb matching yet to get his ability off consistently. I'm practicing but that's a team I'll use in the future when I get better at matching.

I'll swap Lilith with Rainbow Keeper when I get more team cost.

Focus on Horus. The more practice you get the better you will get. A big help and trick while you're learning and building the team is to pair yourself with easier matching teams. Get a lot of Isis and Kushinada friends. 12x combos are easy more than enough damage to clear normal/technical dungeons. The 3x damage allows you to snipe mobs and avoid wipes while you learn.

via PG Group

Red Odin

Active : 50x dark attack + 10x poison (max cd of 15)
Leader : 2.5x ATK to Fire and God

Max Stats -

HP : 4059
ATK : 2043
RCV : 154

Awakens are 3 skill boost and 3 red row enhances

holy shit

Jagernaut

via PG Group

Red Odin

Max Stats -

holy shit

Also, he is a God/Attacker. So at max Lv his active will do 102,150 dmg + 20,430 poison dmg per turn?

via PG Group

Red Odin

Max Stats -

holy shit

I like.

Goemon is like my achilles heel. I still cant find a good safe farming team for that asshole.

I'm gonna try Haku next.

No access to a tank water team? Are you farming legend or mythical?

Genji

via PG Group

Red Odin

Max Stats -

holy shit

Holy shit is right, his active, his stats and his awakenings are fantastic.

Nista

If you have a King Shynee I would use a Valkyrie team or a Bastet healer team. With more than 12010 hp you can take 2 normal hits from Satan. I beat it a while ago with this team, since I had only 10782 hp total it cost me 3 stones.

Hmm I need to see if I can clear 12010 HP. I'd assume I'd need to use Valk as leader instead of Ltron since without any hearts it'd be hard to stay above 80%. Though maybe double bastet healer team would be better?

Mythical. Legend I can farm no problem but I'm trying to get that consistent 100% drop going.

I have a Gabriel, and I know I tried and failed with mono-blue before... trying to remember why...

I have had success with my zeus team. Max zeus olympios valk angelion echidna orochi zeus. Everyone max level and approx 500 + eggs including friends. Wipe round 1, stall on one mid ninjas round 2 and 3, stall again on mitsuki round 4, use orochi, kill, echidna on goemon+ 2 gravs, finish off with combo.

Pacman2k

I have had success with my zeus team. Max zeus olympios valk angelion echidna orochi zeus. Everyone max level and approx 500 + eggs including friends. Wipe round 1, stall on one mid ninjas round 2 and 3, stall again on mitsuki round 4, use orochi, kill, echidna on goemon+ 2 gravs, finish off with combo.

I could put a poor mans version of this team together.

Non busty 55 zeus
90 valk
50 angelion
70 echidna
75 orochi

Maybe 50 +eggs in the whole group.

Might make it... might not... heh. :) I'll give it a try.

J0dy77

Goemon is like my achilles heel. I still cant find a good safe farming team for that asshole.

I'm gonna try Haku next.

I tried Haku this morning and stalling was a lot harder than I was expecting. I ended delaying enough to get to Haku skill charge on Flame fox but wiped after not being able to finish her off with a 7x combo. She literally had about 1% health left. If I run it with Haku again I would swap out Orochi for Hera-IS or Siren. Having the extra healing to delay is a big deal.

Mythical. Legend I can farm no problem but I'm trying to get that consistent 100% drop going.

I have a Gabriel, and I know I tried and failed with mono-blue before... trying to remember why...

First time I cleared I ran Hermes/Gabriel. Second time I failed with this team but can't recall why. I can put up Hermes if you want to give that team a try.

I could put a poor mans version of this team together.

Non busty 55 zeus
90 valk
50 angelion
70 echidna
75 orochi

Maybe 50 +eggs in the whole group.

Might make it... might not... heh. :) I'll give it a try.

Itll be hard because you won't be able to stall without the rcv. The hardest part is to stall on mitsuki to get gravs up. You need approx 9k heal a turn. I pop echidna liberally whenever I'm about to die but still, it gets hairy sometimes.

Althane

Cleared the Friday dungeon for the first time today, felt good...

And managed to not get anything I needed to evolve anyone. =\

(Needed 2 Dub-Rubylits or Light dubbies (forget what they're called)

It's expensive to run though. Is there a better place to go get these guys?

Ducarmel

It's expensive to run though. Is there a better place to go get these guys?

The 5 star normal dungeons after Ocean of Heaven and 4 star tech dungeons.

Its no better then Friday dungeon when 1.5% drop rate is on but they will invade and drop but it will take some patience, but it appears it may be out of your league right now if its the first time clearing Friday dungeon.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I want to farm Mythical, but I just don't know if I have a team that can farm it quick and reliably.

Scratch that - I'm sure I do, just not sure it's leveled or evolved.

Althane

The 5 star normal dungeons after Ocean of Heaven and 4 star tech dungeons.

Its no better then Friday dungeon when 1.5% drop rate is on but they will invade and drop but it will take some patience, but it appears it may be out of your league right now if its the first time clearing Friday dungeon.

My problem is mostly doing the teambuilding to get through the more tactical dungeons. Although, since I'm not at Ocean of Heaven yet... yeah, a bit out of my league.

I really need to get a team together to push through the next few Normal and Technical dungeons. I'll post my box later and see if I can get any help.

ok gaf..
this is my box..
www.puzzledragonx.com/en/profile.asp?u=19854
my current project per colour are:

fire: hera-ur (have a red noel dragon), then some 200-300k left on belial to evolve him, and then finally horus.. slooowly i'll do goemon too, but those are prio rather than goemon :p
wood: cu chulain finish (then busty), bastet or kushinadahime (gaf advice again)
water: sieg, then orochi (dayum, if we get orochi skillup)
light: valk finish, start kirin
dark: either hades or vamp, gief prio :)

is this doing things right? or there are any priority you'd move?

Limit

I don't understand why Gungho is being so cheap in creating new Odins by just doing palette swaps instead of redrawing them. They are not some 1 star feeder material and Gungho certainly isn't short on cash.

lenni

ok gaf..
this is my box..
www.puzzledragonx.com/en/profile.asp?u=19854
my current project per colour are:

fire: hera-ur (have a red noel dragon), then some 200-300k left on belial to evolve him, and then finally horus.. slooowly i'll do goemon too, but those are prio rather than goemon :p
wood: cu chulain finish (then busty), bastet or kushinadahime (gaf advice again)
water: sieg, then orochi (dayum, if we get orochi skillup)
light: valk finish, start kirin
dark: either hades or vamp, gief prio :)

is this doing things right? or there are any priority you'd move?

Damn, you have like all the great monsters.
Looking at your box I'd say you're lacking a sufficiently leveled spike lead, so either make Kirin, Ra, Umi or Kushinada your priority for now. I'm no expert, but I'd say Kushi is the most useful, as she is useable for farming, descendeds and as a sub alike.

If you're going for colors, I'd advise:
Fire: Hera Ur (arguably Gigas or Echidna, as you most likely won't use Hera Ur as much)
Wood: Kushinada, then Meimei and Odin
Water: Umi, then Orochi, Neptune
Light: Kirin or Ra, depending on your matching abilities
Dark: Vamp, then Okuninushi and Hades

xCobalt

Two gabriel leaders with the skill boost awakening makes the first floor so much easier. I ran it with no problems. Subs were Echidna, Siren, Siegfried and Hera-Is. It's not very fast but it gets the job done.

Damn, you have like all the great monsters.
Looking at your box I'd say you're lacking a sufficiently leveled spike lead, so either make Kirin, Ra, Umi or Kushinada your priority for now. I'm no expert, but I'd say Kushi is the most useful, as she is useable for farming, descendeds and as a sub alike.

If you're going for colors, I'd advise:
Fire: Hera Ur (arguably Gigas or Echidna, as you most likely won't use Hera Ur as much)
Wood: Kushinada, then Meimei and Odin
Water: Umi, then Orochi, Neptune
Light: Kirin or Ra, depending on your matching abilities
Dark: Vamp, then Okuninushi and Hades
My matching abilitiies...
Let's put it like this..
With my friend ACC i downed vamp event dungeon on expert with
Robin (6)//robin(11)
Marine rider
Gobelin
Blue starter base form
Dark golem mk2 (30)

Took me a good 15 mins mind you, but simply because i aimed at 12+ combo each floor as i had no hp margin to even take an hit, so i had to not down the path for every move and combo as high as possible to not only activate robin mult but to stack on combo multiplier.

Idle boasting a side, i'm good with matching :p

Just run with Kush or Anubis if you get him and faceroll to your hearts content.

I'd love to see a video of your runs. Always looking for ways to get the double digit combos more easily.

J0dy77

Please. Waiting for some blue leaders right now.

Thanks.

He's up.

On another note. Mmmmm that light experience:

UGbCk7Yl.jpg

Got 3 unevolved light and one evolved on the prior run as well. Now I just need gold dragons. Please Gung-ho.

Althane

My current box, kind of want to work on making a Fire team around Ame, but having trouble getting her evo materials. Deathstroke, also want to evolve, but not really able to.

I can clear the Tuesday dungeon and Friday dungeon consistently now, haven't gotten the nerve to try the Wednesday dungeon yet, probably will try this week.

Any suggestions on things to work for, focus on, etc? I'm trying to get a Siren whenever I see x2 drops on her dungeons, but no luck for the past month. Archangel is working pretty well for me though.

Just run with Kush or Anubis if get him and faceroll to your hearts content.

I'd love to see a video of your runs. Always looking for ways to get the double digit combos more easily.
Yeah, with matching skills like that, you should be running Anubis all the time. Maybe have a Robin as backup, just in case you only get 8 or 9 combo.

Looking for U&Y friends. I have a level 80 working on 100 and putting all eggs on. Code is 353,755,205
I have a level 50, 5-star U&Y that I'm holding onto for restriction dungeons for now. Will that do?

My current box, kind of want to work on making a Fire team around Ame, but having trouble getting her evo materials. Deathstroke, also want to evolve, but not really able to.

I can clear the Tuesday dungeon and Friday dungeon consistently now, haven't gotten the nerve to try the Wednesday dungeon yet, probably will try this week.

Any suggestions on things to work for, focus on, etc? I'm trying to get a Siren whenever I see x2 drops on her dungeons, but no luck for the past month. Archangel is working pretty well for me though.

easy on those + eggs dude. Need to hoard those things and feed to a useful monster 15ish at a time.

damisa

Wednesday/Friday dungeons should be really easy with the droid dragon. Just stall on the first two levels until his ability is up and breeze through levels 3-5. To be extra safe have the green noel as the leader and use as many hp green creatures as you can.

Ducarmel

Ame team should be getting all your attention

I get you cant get the material currently but whatever next event try your best. I guess you should grind to get your team cost up because I can imagine once you start evolving Ame and her subs it could get tight fitting everybody.

If I were to predict the next biweekly dungeon I would predict Ice-Breaking Hooves is next hopefully. Mermaid drops on expert difficulty so you will realistically have a better chance to get her there.

I agree with MMBosstones86 your + egg distribution is all over the place, all your plus eggs should go to your main leader and most used subs. I made the same mistake when i started, I was forced to feed away max evo monstrs that i wasted plus eggs on. The effective strategy with plus eggs is to feed them to low star monsters until they have about 10+ and then feed 5 10+eggs to one monster to save on gold.

Althane

Ame team should be getting all your attention

I get you cant get the material currently but whatever next event try your best. I guess you should grind to get your team cost up because I can imagine once you start evolving Ame and her subs it could get tight fitting everybody.

If I were to predict the next biweekly dungeon I would predict Ice-Breaking Hooves is next hopefully. Mermaid drops on expert difficulty so you will realistically have a better chance to get her there.

I agree with MMBosstones86 your + egg distribution is all over the place, all your plus eggs should go to your main leader and most used subs. I made the same mistake when i started, I was forced to feed away max evo monstrs that i wasted plus eggs on. The effective strategy with plus eggs is to feed them to low star monsters until they have about 10+ and then feed 5 10+eggs to one monster to save on gold.

Okay. I didn't know that about the eggs, and a lot of that distribution was way, way back when I first started (Such as Hellray Harpie having +14).

A lot of my problems with my Ame team is the lack of RCV, meaning that if I get knocked below the 80% HP, suddenly I'm a lot weaker, and unlikely to get back up. Echidna is helping with that somewhat, but.. it's painful for tougher dungeons where I can't always kill things before they hit me.

Top Bottom