• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Tobe

Shit guys. Bad luck tobe strikes again. Remember I told you guys my mom got sick after New Years and went to the hospital.(thankfully after that I got good rolls on rem) well now mom tripped over some stairs, it looks like mike Tyson hit her with a clean hook to the right cheek. Thankfully no broken bones no eye problems no brain damage just really fucking bad bruising.

Man hospital bills are gonna fuck me up badly (it's not USA bad, but the insurance policy is trying to fuck me over by not covering 100%. Still probably around 500 usd I'm stuck 2 days here lousy internet and no stamina lol. At least moms is stable and awake no coma :). Sorry for the long post but I needed to vent out. Really wish I had stones buuuuu.

Amon37

with deathstroke as my only spike lead I found he works great with U&Y as its only one extra color to trigger them. I'm having fun doing some spike stuff.

Genji

Shit guys. Bad luck tobe strikes again. Remember I told you guys my mom got sick after New Years and went to the hospital.(thankfully after that I got good rolls on rem) well now mom tripped over some stairs, it looks like mike Tyson hit her with a clean hook to the right cheek. Thankfully no broken bones no eye problems no brain damage just really fucking bad bruising.

Man hospital bills are gonna fuck me up badly (it's not USA bad, but the insurance policy is trying to fuck me over by not covering 100%. Still probably around 500 usd I'm stuck 2 days here lousy internet and no stamina lol. At least moms is stable and awake no coma :). Sorry for the long post but I needed to vent out. Really wish I had stones buuuuu.

Sorry to hear that :( I'm glad that your mom's doing well, all things considered. Sounded like it could have been a lot worse.

coy

I hope she has a speedy recovery.

F the stones. Your mom is more important. I hope she has a speedy recovery.

You can always get stones later. ;-)

Tobe

Thanks guys. Yeah it could've been a lot worse, life danger bad actually. Been having a rough time lately between changing careers, ex gf and the constant accidents. After october everything went downhill. Well everything is controlled now but I can't wait for 2014 to be good this is probably the crappiest start of a year in a long time.

Ducarmel

Keep your head up Tobe pad will always be around this game is perfectly fine without iap.

Okay. I didn't know that about the eggs, and a lot of that distribution was way, way back when I first started (Such as Hellray Harpie having +14).

A lot of my problems with my Ame team is the lack of RCV, meaning that if I get knocked below the 80% HP, suddenly I'm a lot weaker, and unlikely to get back up. Echidna is helping with that somewhat, but.. it's painful for tougher dungeons where I can't always kill things before they hit me.

Yeah it takes some experience to manage hp, by the time I got my own Ame I already had a high leveled mono red team so taking a hit or two really did not phase me. All I can say is make sure you are friends with strong mono red leaders like Ares and take advantage of enemy turn timer and targeting synced mobs, saving heart orbs, etc all while stalling for skills..

I hope your mom recovers swiftly, but Jesus Christ why use this description? hahahaha

Make a JP accoutn Tobe. You can switch off while you wait for Stamina to regen. Plus, the new Odin is set to drop soon. Join the JP collective. It's bliss.

Zero_IYAD

Hope she gets well soon :(

damisa

Tobe, hope your mom gets well soon.
I need to go play the lottery:
iaUzkun.png

Pacman2k

Mono-blue + Echidna ended up being the right call. I just through got 4 runs in without a hitch. 2 with gabriel+hermes, 2 with double gabe.

Coin Throw can still get a little sketchy, even with 60k health, but Echidna+Siren+Gabriel always seems to be enough "oh shit" buttons to pull out of the most grim looking situations.

Thanks all.

think i'll spend a tenner just to grow box and run more...
but i already have like 40 pengdra per type..
i need drakes and plant...

btw... i have like a gazillion dragon seeds.. should i just trash them?

Tobe

Lucky bastards. I would really like that light exp. Tried two heroes earlier. Yeah I should probably go in with a. Plane. Had the damage but didn't read the synchro in the masks. Gonna try it later.

J0dy77

Mono-blue + Echidna ended up being the right call. I just through got 4 runs in without a hitch. 2 with gabriel+hermes, 2 with double gabe.

Coin Throw can still get a little sketchy, even with 60k health, but Echidna+Siren+Gabriel always seems to be enough "oh shit" buttons to pull out of the most grim looking situations.

Thanks all.

That's what I ran. Echidna helps a lot on flame fox. I shouldn't have messed around with Byakko this time, will farm him with mono blue next time around.

PS Group B has a bugged Pengdra Village right now and you can continuously run it for another 21 hours.

Well this is a nice surprise. Not sure I need more pengdras though. I only run pengdras a few times to balance against dragons and plants.

Lucky bastards. I would really like that light exp. Tried two heroes earlier. Yeah I should probably go in with a. Plane. Had the damage but didn't read the synchro in the masks. Gonna try it later.

tobe what's your team?
2 heroes is really easy even with budget monored team :p

I ended up getting two dub myths yesterday, so I evolved my Haku and ultimate evolved my Ammy.

Gotta say there was some satisfaction in Ammy/GrOdin tanking king of gods (850 RCV required) and when stacked with High HP/High ATK monsters you can take down the first six rounds easy.

Course now what... Gotta work towards maxing some teams so I can attempt those few descends I can't do.

coy

I want more Izanagi friends. I love that bastard too much now!

We're already friends, but if you need him up at some point, I check the thread throughout the day or just let me know in-game. I put him up right now as I see you have him up.

I saw "キルア (Killua of HxH)" in the description and knew it was going to be nastyz. Really wish this REM would hit us, not so much for the powerful monsters but just because Hunter X Hunter.

Jagernaut

I've beat the Flame Mechdragon dungeon for the stone but haven't got the Red Chaser yet. Does it appear more often on legend or should I just keep playing the lower stamina difficulties?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I've beat the Flame Mechdragon dungeon for the stone but haven't got the Red Chaser yet. Does it appear more often on legend or should I just keep playing the lower stamina difficulties?

Legend is about 5%, the rest are lower and lower (down to less than 1% I think for the low tier). And for what it's worth, it took me about 5 or 6 Legend runs to see my first one.

Chaos dark dragon or drawn joker?

Btw epenis meter over 9000!
Monored 4 atk 4 hp 1 rcv..
0 stoned red dragon legend..
Felt good throwing consistently 9 combo (with a lucky 17!)

Genji

Chaos dark dragon or drawn joker?

Btw epenis meter over 9000!
Monored 4 atk 4 hp 1 rcv..
0 stoned red dragon legend..
Felt good throwing consistently 9 combo (with a lucky 17!)

What's your secret to averaging 9 combos on a non tri color dungeon? Even the best of the best you watch on youtube don't seem to average that.

What's your secret to averaging 9 combos on a non tri color dungeon? Even the best of the best you watch on youtube don't seem to average that.
Jot down..
My run ain't blazing fast, i like planning a route
If you see most jp players can trace a route for combo in a short time.
In the same time i can manage to devise a 5 combo but it's useless for me since i prefer playing my monored..
Slow and steady wings the race, so i jot down in a paper the orb and try to imagine the correct flow using brain over brawn ..
It's a bit old fashion ed, but while i fancy myself good at puzzling, apart from a smallish 5 combo at a glance i need time to do this and proper planning..
Frankly speaking in puzzle there are three phases
Mapping the problem
Think the solution
Implement the solution

Great puzzle player are on a level beyond, with a spur of imagination born out of applying (their) common pattern of solving can solve quickly intricate puzzle, thus they can basically jump from p1 to p3..
I'm an average puzzle solver i guess, a bidimensional multicolore puzzle for me is just phase two.. I waste a LOT in P2 but since i've got a strong visual memory i can do decent visual matching puzzle at ease :p

If any of you is familiar with anime, they may have heard something similar in the anime phi brain..
While they spout a LOT of bs, some of their comment are spot on.. Personally when i was at home in southern Italy was in a club that devoted itself to puzzling in all sauce.. Visual puzzle, memo puzzle, queen puzzle.. Everything :p

Genji

Jot down..
My run ain't blazing fast, i like planning a route
If you see most jp players can trace a route for combo in a short time.
In the same time i can manage to devise a 5 combo but it's useless for me since i prefer playing my monored..
Slow and steady wings the race, so i jot down in a paper the orb and try to imagine the correct flow using brain over brawn ..
It's a bit old fashion ed, but while i fancy myself good at puzzling, apart from a smallish 5 combo at a glance i need time to do this and proper planning..
Frankly speaking in puzzle there are three phases
Mapping the problem
Think the solution
Implement the solution

Great puzzle player are on a level beyond, with a spur of imagination born out of applying (their) common pattern of solving can solve quickly intricate puzzle, thus they can basically jump from p1 to p3..
I'm an average puzzle solver i guess, a bidimensional multicolore puzzle for me is just phase two.. I waste a LOT in P2 but since i've got a strong visual memory i can do decent visual matching puzzle at ease :p

If any of you is familiar with anime, they may have heard something similar in the anime phi brain..
While they spout a LOT of bs, some of their comment are spot on.. Personally when i was at home in southern Italy was in a club that devoted itself to puzzling in all sauce.. Visual puzzle, memo puzzle, queen puzzle.. Everything :p

Interesting technique, I've always tried to do things in the game itself and haven't really thought about jotting things down to help map out paths in a do-or-die situation. May give it a try during some endless runs and then would hope to be able to transition from paper -> memory sooner or later.

Thanks for the detailed write up!

Top Bottom