• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Interesting technique, I've always tried to do things in the game itself and haven't really thought about jotting things down to help map out paths in a do-or-die situation. May give it a try during some endless runs and then would hope to be able to transition from paper -> memory sooner or later.

Thanks for the detailed write up!
Eh as i said i've got a strong visual memory, so even if this puzzle are relatively simple to solve the hassle is retracing the exact movement on the device... A strong visual memory is a definite plus, else..
Well memory can be trained, but ymmm.. I've always had a strong visual and musical memory.. Learning poetry at school was piss easy ;)

Kyuur

336 246 242
I've added you and put my drawn joker up!

Thank you! And thanks to coy@GAF as well. Not showing up in the dungeon list but I'll give it a little bit.

Edit: Also if there is anyone with a new account around, I still have my present to trade.

Double Edit: And a magic stone and a Mystic Dark Knight! Thanks guys!

Tobe

just woke up. damn finally found some sleep and stamina :)

mom is alright doc said she could leave, she is in her room watching some tv. some uncles and aunts to help out since im just tired as fuck, it aint no joke sleeping at the hospital.

now i gotta try running two heroes. 2/2/4 mono dark with enchilada? is that cool stalling for grav and ms? just gotta take mobs fast leaving one so i can heal back up

Totakeke

Does doing one 5 orb makes all the other 3 or 4 orb combos of the same color do mass attack as well?

mom is alright doc said she could leave, she is in her room watching some tv. some uncles and aunts to help out since im just tired as fuck, it aint no joke sleeping at the hospital.

now i gotta try running two heroes. 2/2/4 mono dark with enchilada? is that cool stalling for grav and ms? just gotta take mobs fast leaving one so i can heal back up

Well you either go fast or you go slow. I don't think doing 2/2/4 is a good idea unless you are already past the minimum hp requirement which is either 25560 for vamps or 19795 for berserk+highlander, then with 4x rcv (with good rcv mobs) you shouldn't need to worry about sync damage too much. I did a run which I one stoned with 2/4/2 mono-green with about 18k hp. I couldn't stall at the vamps to get my skills up again because I killed them too fast (skyfall didn't help) so I died to one berserk+highlander before killing them.

Amon37

I did it with my normal mono dark descended team

2 Luci
2 Hera
drawn joker
echidna

a bunch of pages back someone did a quick write up floor by floor.

I did my original Two Heroes with this team. As long as you take the necessary precautions it's a pretty safe build.

Kreed

You mean I should have actually skilled-up my Minerva when I had a chance?

I think Minerva is just a placeholder to help with damage. In the video, Minerva is the only one without any plus eggs or Awakenings, and her skill is just being "fired" in all the vids even though it really isn't having any affect. I'm sure the maker of that video is counting down the days to spend stones on Red Odin.

I think Minerva is just a placeholder to help with damage. In the video, Minerva is the only one without any plus eggs or Awakenings, and her skill is just being "fired" in all the vids even though it really isn't having any affect. I'm sure the maker of that video is counting down the days to spend stones on Red Odin.
Minerva's active skill got buffed to reduce enemy defenses. Watch the vid again. Minerva's quick cooldown, combined with Skill Boosts allows her skill to be activated on turn 1. The player's not using it for damage, but for the defense breaker which is how the player's able to sweep all those rds with less than 100K damage per attack.

Just realized also, that a max-skill Minerva could also replace the Dark Golem on my Super Jewel/Metal farm team for defense break on turn 1. Would make runs almost as fast as a 5 max skilled/awoken Ogre team. Damn. Can't wait for the Gunma Collab to come back again.

Here's the PADX page with a list of active skill buffs, including Minerva's. It was posted in this thread before, but no one realized any significant uses for them at the time.
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/activeskillchanges.asp

yami4ct

Ok, so I finally got tired of waiting for stamina refills all the time and made a Japanese account on my iPad. US on my phone is still my main, but since Japan's getting a goofiest right now, seemed like a great time to start there.

Had a heck of a day today. First pull when I started my account was a +1 Pandora. Since she's not in the US edition, I had no clue how useful she'd be. Once I got used to building 8 block dark matches, she's absolutely dominating all the dungeons. She's almost a bit too good. Got enough stuff to get another goofiest pull and ended up getting a Sakuya! A great REM day for me. Combine that with the Sapphire Dragon dungeon in the US edition allowed me to get rid of some Pengdras and max out my Isis and this is probably one of the best PaD days I've had yet.

Well the JP Godfest didn't start until just now so congrats on your amazing outside-of-Godfest rolls?

EDIT: Roll until no gold egg. Dupe Meimei, dupe Horus, Blueberry Dragon

Rootbeer

Banned
Hi all... I'm new to the game. Playing it on my Nexus 5. Liking it so far. But as a Hunter x Hunter fan, guess I'm screwed if I want any of the characters? Is there any chance they'd come to the english version?

yami4ct

Well the JP Godfest didn't start until just now so congrats on your amazing outside-of-Godfest rolls?

EDIT: Roll until no gold egg. Dupe Meimei, dupe Horus, Blueberry Dragon

Wow. Really? I was really not paying enough attention. Thought Godfest started when I did. Guess my Pandora REM roll at least was out of Godfest. Given my other roll wasn't too long ago, Sakuya may have been from godfest.

Wow. Really? I was really not paying enough attention. Thought Godfest started when I did. Guess my Pandora REM roll at least out of Godfest. Given my other roll wasn't too long ago, Sakuya may have been from goofiest.

Sakuya isn't from Godfest but she is part of the Kindle 1yr Anniversary Carnival that's going on currently.

And now that I remembered there's an overlapping special Carnival and Godfest I want to roll more even though I have no business doing so. lol

yami4ct

Sakuya isn't from Godfest but she is part of the Kindle 1yr Anniversary Carnival that's going on currently.

And now that I remembered there's an overlapping special Carnival and Godfest I want to roll more even though I have no business doing so. lol

Ahhhh.. That makes sense. Had a really hard time deciphering all the different REM events going on in the Japanese edition. I see a lot of lists with the names of the events, but no good description of what's actually being given out. Anyone got any good places to look for event stuff for the Japanese version?

razterik

One JP roll - Light Tron. Already have B/G Odins and Red Sonia on this account. Got some sort of Godfest-only gold egg magnet here.

Ahhhh.. That makes sense. Had a really hard time deciphering all the different REM events going on in the Japanese edition. I see a lot of lists with the names of the events, but no good description of what's actually being given out. Anyone got any good places to look for event stuff for the Japanese version?

I don't think there's any explicit English coverage of JP; the closest are the JP update thread on PF (http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=27530) and various people on Facebook.

Althane

Hi all... I'm new to the game. Playing it on my Nexus 5. Liking it so far. But as a Hunter x Hunter fan, guess I'm screwed if I want any of the characters? Is there any chance they'd come to the english version?

Welcome!

So, I saw some discussion on this way back when it was first announced, and the general concensus was that it wouldn't be coming to the states. It may still occur, but the JP version gets a lot of crossovers that the US version doesn't.

Flambe

Alright Satan...

Going in with Kirin team, slightly more leveled than my last foray and no hearts so that should help.

My Team:

80 Kirin Leader
72 Busty Cu-Chulainn
83 Valk
47 Busty Siegfried (Hera-is is only 47 un evolved still, plus grav not skilled)

And my last slot I was torn between:

70 Echidna or 48 Verche.. Delay is amazing of course but Verche is strong element in this dungeon plus could eliminate dark orbs nom nom...

I'm going to guess Echidna is the answer as the dmg output from the extra turns probably gonna exceed the one turn Verche is gonna make nice, but wanted feedback from the pros hehe.

Flambe

Hmm lose some hp but not a bad idear at all, thanks =D Long as I'm above the threshold with a good Kirin friend (I'm looking at you Nexus and Coy@gaf!) I'm good lol.

Sigh with 138 cost i can't field a proper kirin team..
Either i trans form satan in a stonefeast with monored or dunno..
Kirin herself i can bring to 50, but got no leveled verche..
So..
Either
Kirin 50//friend kirin
Hera is max (stat stick)
Low sieg (caps at 70) lvl 34
Echidna 43
Valk 86
Cannot field anything better due to team cost :/

Or
Valk lead (86)//valk friend
Echidna 43
Siren 64
Busty angelion 37
King shynee 1

Worth a shot?
If i do REALLY good at orb matching should i be able to shot down satan in 3 turn (One turn echidna cancel, One attack, Hopefully second attack) or nope?
I'm willing to spend max 4 stone...

Zero_IYAD

Much easier than expected!

tumblr_mza4gsQYjL1srgzyyo1_500.jpg

Flambe

Meh 4 stones, amateur hour lol.

Despite 25x combo didn't kill both squids round 1, splat.

Second stone for Lilith, orb trolled for lights.

Last two stones on Satan himself. I forgot while stalling on Hades/etc that you have to make a match to advance skill counter -_- so I wasted all my stall turns basically, at least Echidna was up but still couldn't combo enough to kill him (only getting 4 and 5x combos bleh) and died on the turn before World Ends so the next round killed me too lol. Finally got an 8x combo to finish him after that but eh.

Ah well, 4 stones is better than a rem pull lol.

Amon37

Without Ra or Kirin I doubt have any team high enough level to take this dungeon. I really have no other leveled light monsters.

NineH

Despite 25x combo didn't kill both squids round 1, splat.

Yeah, this was my 1st time trying this dungeon and I was so happy getting 25x the first turn then saw it didn't even take half off the kraken's life. Of course after that the board was not nice giving me less than 3 fire orbs and then I said bye bye to 50 stamina. I guess I should raise my guys some more.

Ducarmel

Heya Pazudora-GAF!

I just drew Persephone as my starting pull. Should I stick with her or toss her back and keep going?
Japan server?

she is good not late game good, probably tied with loki for third best mono dark leader in the game.

If you plan on going non-iap I would reroll might as well shot for Bastet or Horus, I think Kirin is also availbe because of the kindle carnival.

If your going to drop some cash then I would play with her you will get better gods eventually.

If your rolling on NA server then Bastet and Kushinada are the best available meimei is is good but her best subs are rem or hard descend boss drops.

vg guide has a pretty decent tier list.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QuuQqCPPSUVenh4oahDQSZKBDaMCEVNyHhVgByFMk18/edit

linsivvi

Doesn't he cleanse the effect?
Thought wage of nothingness dispels all player buff and satan debuff!
So it only clears players buff?

Yeah, what razterik said.

It seems to be confusing some people because many bosses have the preemptive shield, while Satan's one cannot be used until he has a turn. So effectively you have 5 turns to kill him.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Heya Pazudora-GAF!

I just drew Persephone as my starting pull. Should I stick with her or toss her back and keep going?

As stated above...

I posted this a few pages back stating my opinion on the correct starters now. Here's the post:

If we're going to talk tier lists again (which I haven't updated because it's SO up in the air), I'd say:

Kirin, Horus, Bastet, Haku, Luci, wonder twins, Okuninushi, and Kush are all incredible starting rolls.

After that, the list gets fuzzy. The game has definitely moved towards combo leads, though. 4x ATK is almost a joke now, 9x is fine for SOME content (need weakness to really shine there), but it's all about that 12.25x and beyond.

Tobe

The only mono team worth doing is dtron. Also I rolled yesterday once my mom was ok. No valks but plenty silver+ eggs. One berserk, finally I got bastet. Some nice evolved monster so those were free tamas. Happy with it tho I should've saved some stones to do flame mech on master. Tried bit 12x wasn't enough on the carbuncles and in got trolled in the heart orbs

lenni

Satan without anything else going on on a Sunday is a godsend! Finally I can farm Satans for the awakenings. Just need one more, waiting for stamina.

Discussing starting rolls I, personally, would also not reroll any of the god fest exclusives. There are so many viable combo leads right now and with a god fest every 2 weeks, there are enough chances to make up for a not so ideal starting roll down the line. Of course, the start will be slower and harder, but the Odins and Metatrons make up for it in the long run.

Kreed

Minerva's active skill got buffed to reduce enemy defenses. Watch the vid again. Minerva's quick cooldown, combined with Skill Boosts allows her skill to be activated on turn 1. The player's not using it for damage, but for the defense breaker which is how the player's able to sweep all those rds with less than 100K damage per attack.

Just realized also, that a max-skill Minerva could also replace the Dark Golem on my Super Jewel/Metal farm team for defense break on turn 1. Would make runs almost as fast as a 5 max skilled/awoken Ogre team. Damn. Can't wait for the Gunma Collab to come back again.

Here's the PADX page with a list of active skill buffs, including Minerva's. It was posted in this thread before, but no one realized any significant uses for them at the time.
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/activeskillchanges.asp

I actually remembered the buffs before making that response, but I checked the English wikia/puzzledragonx instead of the Chinese wikia to see what her skill did, and obviously the English skills aren't going to have the buffs listed. I could have also paid attention to the little cracked shield icon in the video.

Now I also have a reason to get/keep a Daruma.

ccbfan

Did 2 runs of Satan.

Both ran

Kirin
Valk
Hera-Is
Verche

Kirin

First one I succeeded. Got some really bad luck with counters though.

Stage 1 = 2 and 2
Stage 2 = 2
Stage 3 = 1
Stage 4 = 2 and 1 and 2
Stage 5 = 6

Ended up charging my Kirins because I got super lucky with the last vamp lord. I messed up and it did the fog move on me instead of attacking me. Speaking of with puzzledragonx is wrong the vamp lords have 2 counter not 3.

Satan was easy menance, 2 x mini gravity, dead in 2 turns.

2nd I got orb trolled. A 2 counter kraken hit me once because I didn't have enough green orbs. (I was too conservative saving my yellow orbs). At that point I basically already lost since I didn't have enough HP to take the first hit of Satan. I continued on just to see if I get any good drops. I didn't and got orb trolled again against vamp lords (not enough yellow).

Now waiting for stamina refresh. Not sure if I'm gonna use a stone for a few more attempts. I'm don't need a fully awoken Satan that bad.

Been rolling in the JP god fest quite a bit today in hopes of getting something fun to play with, well I just rolled red Odin, which is awesome. The only problem is I did that roll on my tablet just to see if I'd get something else than all the riders and OneTrueGods I got on my phone.

Is there someone who can tell me what options I need to press to do the Google backup thing and move the account over to my phone?

Tried to compare it to the options on my US account but they don't seem to be exactly the same and I don't want to fuck it up. :p

Edit: Whaaaat, got a Bastet on the same account.

J0dy77

Going to run Satan. Should I try Ra team for the first time or Robin?

Edit: Pulled three times in JP Godfest, got a MeiMei and some troll rolls.

Edit 2: doh!!!!

8IukHCPl.jpg

I needed on more round to charge Echidna. I ended up burning to fast on the early rounds. Didn't get a strong enough combo on the final match, so close.

Jiraiza

Did Satan 1-stone with Athena/Raphael/Apollo/Thor/Verche/Athena.

Did not realize you could stall on the Krakens and my stone came from no orbs on Cereberus. A good farm team I'd say.

Rahk

Pulled the JP Godfest 4 times.
2x Ares
Gigas
Pierdrawn

Anything I can do with 2x Ares, or even 1 of them? I'm still at about the mid-game and mostly run Horus, UmiYama and Netero. I guess he'd be OK to sub for Horus? Or would Gigas be better, or neither? Still trying to find an Echidna.

Should I bother with a mono-red team as I have a bunch or red monsters lying around doing nothing? I suppose the second Ares would be a decent sub for that? I don't really know much about mono teams as I've pretty much run Horus since the beginning and that playstyle appeals to me more. I guess if I just want to switch my brain off or farm quickly mono-red would be good, but not so much for late game?

Pulled the JP Godfest 4 times.
2x Ares
Gigas
Pierdrawn

Anything I can do with 2x Ares, or even 1 of them? I'm still at about the mid-game and mostly run Horus, UmiYama and Netero. I guess he'd be OK to sub for Horus? Or would Gigas be better, or neither? Still trying to find an Echidna.

Should I bother with a mono-red team as I have a bunch or red monsters lying around doing nothing? I suppose the second Ares would be a decent sub for that? I don't really know much about mono teams as I've pretty much run Horus since the beginning and that playstyle appeals to me more. I guess if I just want to switch my brain off or farm quickly mono-red would be good, but not so much for late game?
Issue is..
Double ares give you orb changing greatness and it's especially potent if you have skillup..
Only issue..
You will have two monsters with great hp and atk, but zero rcv, thus lowering the already low red team classic rcv..
Consider that high end monored is
Ares lead//freyr friend or viceversa
Hera ur
Goemon
Echidna
Phoenix knight homura busty

You could substitute heraur with ares...
Goemon board to red change is too good to pass up...

Mid level monored is
Ares//freyr
Echidna
Phonix knight homura
Gigas
Utility slot (horus for rcv usually)

Althane

So, goals for the next week:

Evolve Yomi into Tsuku-yomi. Need 2 dark keepers, so that's Tuesday dungeons (I also need Reds for my monored team, so guess that's where I'll be spending my time!)

Evolve Ame no Uzume into Goddess of the Arts. I need a dub-Rubylit and a Red Keeper, so that'll be Friday dungeon.

Get evo materials for Phoenix Knight to turn him into Homura. I need a red Keeper and a Mystic Mask (using the one I have on Ame).

My main question is, is the third goal worth it? With Goddess of the Arts and Empress of Serpents, should I work on the following subs, or try to improve/obtain something else:

-BAO Firefly +Flamethrower
-Firedragon Tyrannos
-Phoenix Knight
-Titan

Although I did hear a dungeon where you can get Siren pretty easily will be coming (I think someone said so a few pages back), so is that something I should plan for as well?

Tobe

So, goals for the next week:

Evolve Yomi into Tsuku-yomi. Need 2 dark keepers, so that's Tuesday dungeons (I also need Reds for my monored team, so guess that's where I'll be spending my time!)

Evolve Ame no Uzume into Goddess of the Arts. I need a dub-Rubylit and a Red Keeper, so that'll be Friday dungeon.

Get evo materials for Phoenix Knight to turn him into Homura. I need a red Keeper and a Mystic Mask (using the one I have on Ame).

My main question is, is the third goal worth it? With Goddess of the Arts and Empress of Serpents, should I work on the following subs, or try to improve/obtain something else:

-BAO Firefly +Flamethrower
-Firedragon Tyrannos
-Phoenix Knight
-Titan

Although I did hear a dungeon where you can get Siren pretty easily will be coming (I think someone said so a few pages back), so is that something I should plan for as well?

getting the knight into homura is a must, stats are better. you can keep him like that busty isnt really that much. but thats me. probably tyrannos is something you might want to invest for a cheap leader.

Althane

getting the knight into homura is a must, stats are better. you can keep him like that busty isnt really that much. but thats me. probably tyrannos is something you might want to invest for a cheap leader.

For leader, I'm using Goddess of the Arts, Ame. Damage boost is awesome. Just tricky for me to maintain right now, which is why I need to get the subs up (more HP + more RCV).

When should I stop boosting my levels, though? Is getting Empress of Serpents to 99 worth the XP?

Top Bottom