• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Valk farming for Hera...Is it possible? Kirin still requires some orb luck and thought. It's fine, but I want to farm this place like mad. :|
Possible? I've found it to be the most efficient team for Hera.

I run Valk/Valk/King Shynee/Echidna/Verche/Valk.

Minimum 10800HP is recommended to allow you to absorb Ceres hits, but it's not absolutely necessary. Orb changers and Echidna are ideally max skilled.

Zero_IYAD

Well, am done with RK farming for a long time.
12 RKs get, 10 Keepers of Light, 2 Keepers of Dark >.>
Thanks for the Lucifers everyone : )
Nope. Honestly, you may as well make a throw away account for FB and get in that group. I hardly use my FB at all anymore, but the PAD group is absolutely crucial to my success. I have a lot of people on my friend's list that play this game WAY too much (and as a result have leaders that are just stupid good).

You're gimping yourself without it, ha.
I might actually create an account just for that then!
Are we friends? I can put my Luci up...

399 633 290

Oh and Round 4 is either Keeper of Light or Keeper of Dark. since you have been getting a ton of Light Keepers you must need Dark Keepers...
Added : )
Does the game really work that way! It knows what you want & it just makes it more harder to get?!

chrono01

Raphael is good, but not as a starter...
Light monsters are very hard to level and you can't just assemble a team on the go like lucifer...

Try to get a multiplier or luci... although its painful :(

mono-light is really ,really rough for new players, and Raph doesn't fit in elsewhere.

If it was any other mono-color lead I would say keep and start your journey, but I can't say that for Raphael.

Yeah, I should probably add this to the OP.

Actually, I made sure NOT to include mono-light options. Chrono01 just had a typo is all. :) I was reading that saying to myself, "I would never have suggested mono-light, so I need to edit that pronto."

Mono-light is fine to use late game(ish), but the monsters are far to difficult to come by. On top of that, you really don't have the utility. Sure, it has the strongest gravity in the game, but I'm nearly positive you can't obtain said 35% gravity with mono-light without going crazy on IAP.
Thanks everyone, I guess I'll be re-rolling again today.

Hopefully I can secure myself a great starter [preferably Lucifer or Horas] so I can actually begin this thing. It's been a long time waiting for it to come to Canada, so not getting the God monsters off the start is especially disheartening.

BTW sorry about the typo nicoga3000. I meant to say that he's NOT listed in the OT. I guess that's a reason why I shouldn't post when I'm half-asleep. -_-

Limit

I've been chasing and hunting since the start of this year and it's getting boring. I'm not going to stop playing but glass canon dungeons over and over and over is running its course for me. They need to start introducing new mechanics to the game that make different teams more useful. Having 70+ people on my friend list using the same 5 or 6 mobs is bad design. So many mobs have just become useless (I'm looking at you auto healers and resist mobs).

I'm guessing that Gungho doesn't want to rock the boat since the game is still laying golden eggs for them. They will get more creative when sales start dropping off. Heck, they don't even need to be creative. They can just start borrowing ideas from Madhead's Tower of Saviors who are doing tons of crazy stuff with their boss fight mechanics as well as leader/active skills of acquirable monsters. Two days ago I encountered a boss who switches between one of five attributes at every turn and you can only damage him by attacking him with the attribute that his currently switched attribute is weak to. So you need a rainbow team for this dungeon. Then there are high level regular mobs and bosses who can only be damaged with enchanted orbs. So you need a team with switch orbs to enchanted orbs skill. There are dungeons with a turn limit associated to them; thus rendering a defensive & grinding down build useless. I tackled a dungeon earlier today where you can only damage the boss when all your monsters in the team attack at the same time. Here you obviously need a mono color build or a team where one of your monsters has the active skill of taking highest attack of a monster from your team and turning it into attack for the whole team, which was the case with my team build.

Gungho is certainly starting to play around with the formula as is apparent with upcoming 10 - 12 cost dungeons and the awakening system but in terms of innovation they are still baby steps in my eyes when compared to Madhead's Tower of Saviors. So ToS is a solid title worth checking out if anyone here is getting bored with PAD. Just keep in mind that there isn't a nice clean website like puzzledragonx that makes it easy to acquire information about monster makeup of regular and new dungeons, acquire friend codes of monsters you need, and the like. Additionally, the ToS community is tiny, which makes it hard for a new player to acquire information about the game.

StMeph

I'm guessing that Gungho doesn't want to rock the boat since the game is still laying golden eggs for them. They will get more creative when sales start dropping off. Heck, they don't even need to be creative. They can just start borrowing ideas from Madhead's Tower of Saviors who are doing tons of crazy stuff with their boss fight mechanics as well as leader/active skills of acquirable monsters. Two days ago I encountered a boss who switches between one of five attributes at every turn and you can only damage him by attacking him with the attribute that his currently switched attribute is weak to. So you need a rainbow team for this dungeon. Then there are high level regular mobs and bosses who can only be damaged with enchanted orbs. So you need a team with switch orbs to enchanted orbs skill. There are dungeons with a turn limit associated to them; thus rendering a defensive & grinding down build useless. I tackled a dungeon earlier today where you can only damage the boss when all your monsters in the team attack at the same time. Here you obviously need a mono color build or a team where one of your monsters has the active skill of taking highest attack of a monster from your team and turning it into attack for the whole team, which was the case with my team build.

All of these sound like fun things to tackle as team building puzzles.

Too bad GungHo doesn't need to innovate or improve but incrementally with their mega market leader status.

Possible? I've found it to be the most efficient team for Hera.

I run Valk/Valk/King Shynee/Echidna/Verche/Valk.

Minimum 10800HP is recommended to allow you to absorb Ceres hits, but it's not absolutely necessary. Orb changers and Echidna are ideally max skilled.

I just got a second Valk and she is far from being ready. Is there a decent replacement for her?

I just finish running Hera three times with my Valk team. 2 of them went fine but on the third I somehow managed not to kill Hera even with all my skills activated. On that note, I think I'm going to stick to my Horus build. It's much safer (only Neptune and Hades can one-shot me) and only slightly slower. I may go back to Valk if I run out of Horus friends though.

I just got a second Valk and she is far from being ready. Is there a decent replacement for her?
Maybe a max skilled Angelion, but at that point you're sacrificing a lot of damage since she and Verche aren't healers. You could also use Cosmos Venus, Freyja, or some other healer subtype with good stats, but that sacrifices orbs changing.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm 1/3 on Hera-Is skillups. It's not bad, but skilling up gravity is definitely a stone eater. It's not really hard, but it's quite tedious.

Zero_IYAD

Well this was THE BEST run since I started playing the game 150 days ago!

tumblr_mupztgtH1C1srgzyyo1_500.jpg

Saving your stones & NOT pulling once or twice during a godfest proves to be extremely helpful!
I managed to Max a ton of my gods, am just stacking evo materials to evolve them to their next form!
It's really annoying when you burn 5 stones to get a Golem or a Mystic Knight in a pull when you can run Metal Dragons almost 20-30 times using these very stones.

J0dy77

Gungho is certainly starting to play around with the formula as is apparent with upcoming 10 - 12 cost dungeons and the awakening system but in terms of innovation they are still baby steps in my eyes when compared to Madhead's Tower of Saviors. So ToS is a solid title worth checking out if anyone here is getting bored with PAD. Just keep in mind that there isn't a nice clean website like puzzledragonx that makes it easy to acquire information about monster makeup of regular and new dungeons, acquire friend codes of monsters you need, and the like. Additionally, the ToS community is tiny, which makes it hard for a new player to acquire information about the game.

I agree about Gungho resting on their laurels, said the same thing a couple times in the last thread. They're currently sitting as the #14 grossing app on iOS, they raking in money... why rush out content? I'm even more annoyed about the slow pace that they roll out existing JP content. How hard is it to change translate text to english? Not like they change the artwork or client. They won't innovate until the cash starts to fade.

I've played ToS on off since for a while now and the only thing holding me back from playing more frequently is my lack of knowledge. With PAD I know all of the content, there's a lot of unkown for me in ToS... I don't know where to farm or what to look for and the community isn't as deep for me to find out. I have 20 diamonds saved up for this 5 attribute event though, hopefully i get lucky.

Jagernaut

I just finish running Hera three times with my Valk team. 2 of them went fine but on the third I somehow managed not to kill Hera even with all my skills activated. On that note, I think I'm going to stick to my Horus build. It's much safer (only Neptune and Hades can one-shot me) and only slightly slower. I may go back to Valk if I run out of Horus friends though.

Maybe a max skilled Angelion, but at that point you're sacrificing a lot of damage since she and Verche aren't healers. You could also use Cosmos Venus, Freyja, or some other healer subtype with good stats, but that sacrifices orbs changing.

Angelion's ultimate evolution is a light healer/dragon with wood subtype making it a good sub for Valkyrie teams, but we don't have it in the US version yet. I never wanted one before but I do now. I use a max skilled COC Healer on my Valkyrie team for farming easy dungeons but Angelion has twice the hp.

J0dy77

Angelion's ultimate evolution is a light healer/dragon with wood subtype making it a good sub for Valkyrie teams, but we don't have it in the US version yet. I never wanted one before but I do now. I use a max skilled COC Healer on my Valkyrie team for farming easy dungeons but Angelion has twice the hp.

I Ultimate Evo'd mine yesterday and used her for Athena. Looking forward to her on the Valk team, her stats are pretty decent at a higher level and having her max skill level from poring is a nice bonus to damage.

To clarify, the ultimate evo is available, but it doesn't have a Healer subtype yet.

Yeah, she'll be a healer eventually, but at the moment she isn't affected by Valkyrie's leader skill. She's still useful on the Hera farm team though since she creates more hearts for Valk to change.
Welcome everyone to Hera farming. Enjoy your stay! Hahaha...

2/13 on Hera-Is. Two left! Hope I can finish this time.
The last few times Hera came around I had been working on Awoken Hera's skill, but I realized since then that I use Hera Is a lot more. So now I'll have Awoken Hera stuck at SL 5 for awhile until I finish off Hera Is. Hopefully I can make some good headway today.

Speaking of "innovations" that need to happen, they need to let skillups transfer when you feed monsters: so a SL6 (5 skillups) monster fed to a SL3 (2 skillups) one gives an SL8 (7 skillups) monster with a 10% chance of another skillup.

chrono01

I finally got Kirin! I assume now I'm good to actually start going ahead with the game and building my team/characters? >:)

It took a lot of re-rolling, though. The game seemed adamant to give me Gods other than the ones listed in the OT. Thankfully the iFun program made is easier than deleting/reinstalling the data [since in addition to downloading the actual app it also downloaded the update each time]. I made sure to, of course, immediately back my file up on my PC in-case anything happens to it.

seriously. Kind of surprised no one is running her yet. I have more people running Hera-Ur

I missed my gold runs and skipped Pengdra Village last week so I can't evolve her yet. Once I've got her leveled a bit I'll try her out.

Edit: 1/8 on Hera-Is skill ups. It could be a long night...

Colby

What subs did you use?

Athena lvl 7
Valk lvl 99
Echidna lvl 96 (max skill)
S.D. Apollo lvl 71
Awoken Zeus lvl 82
Evolved Athena lvl 54

I threw this together and it worked. I think a healer team with three Valks might be better and more consistent, though. I stalled throughout the dungeon just long enough to get Zeus up. I would have died if I hadn't used Zeus.

I just realized that farming Athena yielded me enough Siegfrieds, Cu Chus, and Gigas to fully Awaken a pair of each. And they drop in their second evolved forms instead of their base forms, so it also saves time having to level them and farm for their base evo mats.

Welcome everyone to Hera farming. Enjoy your stay! Hahaha...

2/13 on Hera-Is. Two left! Hope I can finish this time.
Heh. Skill-up rate sounds about right. I've got 3 more to go myself. Then my next target for Hera feedings will be Dark Hades. I don't know if I can stomach trying to skill-up Light/Dark Hades and vanilla Hera. Though Hera seems like a useless monster nowadays, having both forms of Hades and Hera-Is.

Speaking of skill-up rates, I'm pissed that GungHo is screwing us by ending 2x skill-ups and 2x drop rates before Plant day. Their special events almost always start and end on the same day. So if it started last Thursday, it should end this Thursday. I need Thursday's dungeon mats for a ton of Eco evos. But by that time, I'll have to wait on feeding them for skill-ups until the next event.

Speaking of "innovations" that need to happen, they need to let skillups transfer when you feed monsters: so a SL6 (5 skillups) monster fed to a SL3 (2 skillups) one gives an SL8 (7 skillups) monster with a 10% chance of another skillup.
Yes!!!! I agree! Make it transferable like Awakenings.

I had a pretty easy Hera run with an Athena team. I'd use it more, but I have no Athena friends.
I run Athena when I can, but the problem is that no one else does, so I don't have a friend leader to use most of the time.
This is me with my +297 Zaerog and hardly any friends to pair him with. Even ADKs are scarce.

Kunohara

Anyone have a Odin? Been trying to do RK but I keep getting fucked by the 4 knights. I've tried a healer helper, but it hasn't worked, so I'm hoping an Odin will be better.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Anyone have a Odin? Been trying to do RK but I keep getting fucked by the 4 knights. I've tried a healer helper, but it hasn't worked, so I'm hoping an Odin will be better.

Are we friends? If so, I can put mine up. 398,038,297

Please let me know once you've started the dungeon so I can swap back to my normal lead.

Kunohara

Cool - let me know if you need me to put him back up at any point.

Forgot to change my leader to my mermaid for heals, still had viper orochi on it, didn't make it past the knights. Hopefully I'll evolve my mermaid to a siren and try again next week.

Thanks a lot man, I appreciate it. I'm outta Stam for the night so I can't try again.

Giard

Aw yiss, just got a Keeper of Rainbow from the Pal egg machine. Cost is way too high for my team, but it'll still be useful for evos.

3/16 on Hera-Is skillups and I'm calling it a night. Getting 2 on my last feed is a good note to end on.

I managed to pull in a few MDKs and MSKs. Should I use them to try to skill up my second ADK/CDK or try to build them up for awakening? I'm still stubbornly building that Zaerog team, even though no one apparently uses him.

3ejQFfx.jpg

Can't you see how sad he is? Feed him off. You can always get another...

Edit: Wow, I just noticed his first awoken skill is increase RCV by 30. WHY.
lol! Believe me. I've considered it before. But ... it's the King of fucking Dragons! And it has all 5 colored gems shooting like comets through its monster picture! And it's tail is a fucking sword!

Honestly though, even though I don't get to use it much as a leader right now, it's found a useful spot as a sub member on my Zeus farming team. Plus, 5 million XP and 3 Super Metal Kings is a big investment to throw away.

5pDxQUM.png

Also, my Zaerog farming team is coming along nicely. I fully Awoke my Odin and my max skilled Mk III Golem. Just need to put together the 3 Ogres, and I'm set. I'll eventually get Zaerog to max skill.

I know I need to replace the middle Ogre with a Blue/Green one, but I don't have one yet. That's just a place holder.

7iCPvQm.png

3/16 on Hera-Is skillups and I'm calling it a night. Getting 2 on my last feed is a good note to end on.

I managed to pull in a few MDKs and MSKs. Should I use them to try to skill up my second ADK/CDK or try to build them up for awakening? I'm still stubbornly building that Zaerog team, even though no one apparently uses him.
You can do both if you evolve them and feed them. But I personally wouldn't have the patience for that, especially since there are Green and Dark Knight dungeons. I'd work on skilling them up first, since that's far more important than their Awoken skills.

And I use Zaerog! At least when I can find friends using him, too. I don't even see the guy who has a max-skilled Zaerog using him anymore either. I think all of us Zaerog players have simply capitulated to the onslaught of Valks. I guess it's retribution for when we contributed to the flood of ADKs that people used to bemoan before. But mark my words. Zaerog's time will come!

You can do both if you evolve them and feed them. But I personally wouldn't have the patience for that, especially since there are Green and Dark Knight dungeons. I'd work on skilling them up first, since that's far more important than their Awoken skills.

And I use Zaerog! At least when I can find friends using him, too. I don't even see the guy who has a max-skilled Zaerog using him anymore either. I think all of us Zaerog players have simply capitulated to the onslaught of Valks. I guess it's retribution for when we contributed to the flood of ADKs that people used to bemoan before. But mark my words. Zaerog's time will come!
Well my first set is already max skilled, and I was thinking of awakening them. The max skilled ADK has a good number of +eggs so I wouldn't want to awaken the other one. I think I'll focus on skill ups for now. Though I'll want to awaken before the ultimate evos come around. A whole extra evo would make it even more of a pain.

Edit: 0/2 on CDK. But 2/2 on ADK who is now maxed! Maybe I'll finish off CDK tomorrow and then save a few extras. Then I just need to pump in levels and (eventually) awaken them.

razterik

Woo!!! Last two skill ups were easy. 4/18, although I choked on Minerva once and died when she survived with just a sliver. So 19 runs this time.

Final Report: Hera-Is skill ups - 15/104. At three runs per stone minus level ups and daily stamina, probably about 20 stones used. At that cost, my stable of Hadeses and Heras can wait for natural stamina runs.

I was only half serious about feeding Zaerog. I doubt I could give up all that effort, either. But I look at him and all I see are middling stats and an active that will take 5x as much work to skill up than Zeus. I still haven't gotten around to running Legendary Earth, so maybe my opinion will change once I have him myself. Rather have +297 Koryuu, though.

raiot

So, 25 Heras later I got 4 skill ups... putting my Hera-Is on skill level 6. Next time Hera descends I will have Fairlion instead of Siren... at least I hope so! ;)
I'm still working on my DTron and Zaerog Team. My Ultimate Skydragons are all level around level 70. My Tron members around 65, my Dark Tron is lvl 90 with 4 awakenings, shes already a beast, but once she gets 6 awakenings...
Once we get the FF collab, my Riders will shine!
We will never get it :(

raiot

So PAD was just released to the UK Appstore.
I hope Germany is next, but I really doubt I will switch after investing so much time and money into the US version!

Zero_IYAD

Seriously is there any faster more guaranteed way to get Mystic Masks?
I need 10 of them & they don't drop at all! At least things were peaceful with RKs -.-
Whenever I get a dupe from Wonder Trade in the new Pokemon I'm like "oh great another Fletchling, time to fuse it for a skillup- wait"
LoL, after playing PAD for months am really annoyed that am not into Pokemon that much anymore!
We should play sometime! Gimme your Friend Code
Mine: 2406-5158-6932

Top Bottom