• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Tobe

For leader, I'm using Goddess of the Arts, Ame. Damage boost is awesome. Just tricky for me to maintain right now, which is why I need to get the subs up (more HP + more RCV).

When should I stop boosting my levels, though? Is getting Empress of Serpents to 99 worth the XP?

afaik 70 is fine for enchilada.

Tobe

currently doing a healer team, and the damn valk is the thing im missing. probably also a king shynee.

really investing into my Ltron and Dtron

J0dy77

Didn't have much time to play today so threw another round at Satan for the fun of it. Cleared it with Horus/Kirin, was able to stall for echidna this time and burn three him right after he put up shield.

Wish I had the stamina to try a robin team. Think it would be a lot of fun.

ccbfan

Damn kept getting orb trolled (Once during 1 counter Lillith and another during 1 counter vamp lord) against Satan dungeon and then realized I've been using the wrong team.

I was using

Kirin
Valk
Verche
Hera
Enchilada

what I should have been using it is

Kirin
Valk
Farlion
Hera
Enchilada

The farlion would allow me to heal once during hades allowing me to take one orb troll at long as its not 2 1 counter vamp lords. Realized it during facing certain loss when my board has only 2 blues against a one counter lillith.

Had I've been using this team I wouldn't have lost at all.

Genji

PAD Wiki is showing that Mystic Land Dragon starts tomorrow. Really liking the constant flow of new stuff, even if we are way behind JP.

True Endless Corridors (localized as Endless Corridors - Abyss for whatever reason) dropping tomorrow. It's ream you in the ass difficult.

You need to have finished the regular Endless Corridors for it to appear.

Amon37

Deathstroke and U&Y, I blew through land dragon on expert(got the drop) even though I forgot to remove my Ares from the squad leaving me with one useless monster.

Poring 14th-17th??? yes!!!!

I appreciate all these super metals....but can they switch it up a bit. I'm sitting on 4 supers right i'm struggling to find a use for

J0dy77

Warning for anyone running Mystic Land dragon with a Mono team. I went in with Mono light and didn't realize the final boss has a reduce HP by 99% skill that he starts spamming after < 30%. I got trolled on heal orbs after one and wiped. Very annoying.

I'll probably run it again with the same team and bring Angelion for a safety net or I was thinking about Chu Chu balance team but need to pump up King Woodsie for burst.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Cleared with Bastet/Bastet + Is/Valk/Divine Hera/Orochi.

I feel like it wasn't as safe as some other options. I had to stall a little to get Orochi up, and that was dangerous. I might swap Is for BlOdin if I run that team again. Otherwise, I guess I could do Bastet/twins (since I don't have them), or maybe a tanky team of sorts.

Ran Expert with Deathstroke + Kush. Pretty easy, wonder how the team will hold up on higher difficulties.

I might just try a combo team with #onetruegod and see how it goes.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Ran Expert with Deathstroke + Kush. Pretty easy, wonder how the team will hold up on higher difficulties.

I might just try a combo team with #onetruegod and see how it goes.

I think the only thing you need to worry about on Legend is the higher damage (obviously). So if you've got 15k+ HP, you shouldn't have any issues as long as you can trigger you combo ability every turn.

E: Anyone got a busty Amaterasu I can borrow? I want to GrOdin clear it so I have the new one available tomorrow.

Went in blind on legend with:

D/W Batman/Bastet leads
Hera
Hera-Is
D/L Yomi
Haku

Realized immediately that D/W Batman lead was a bad choice, so I had to rely on Bastets 4x for most of the dungeon which somehow was enough as I managed to clear it.

Selner

Ok, I have totally hit a wall with Tower of Flare.

I managed to squeak through Castle of Satan with help from a Chaos Dragon Ally, but I'm getting my butt whooped in Flare.

I need some help figuring out where to focus next.

My box looks something like this:
Fenris Knight Kumai
Kraken
Tyrannos
Plesios
Brachys
Lil White

Flame Knight
Earth Knight
White Knight
Black Knight
Blood Devil

I've got 15 stones saved up, waiting for a possible godfest this week. And 10+ PAL pulls, waiting for an Event this week (advice given before was not do PAL pull on non-Event times).

So I've got a very sparse group at the moment, but I've gotten this far with some very nice Allies.
Idunn (ally) + Kamui + Kraken's skills would basically kill most of the bosses.

So I'm just looking for suggestions on where to go next. I should probably try and farm somewhere and try and get some lucky drops.

ccbfan

I managed to squeak through Castle of Satan with help from a Chaos Dragon Ally, but I'm getting my butt whooped in Flare.

Fenris Knight Kumai
Kraken
Tyrannos
Plesios
Brachys
Lil White

Flame Knight
Earth Knight
White Knight
Black Knight
Blood Devil

I've got 15 stones saved up, waiting for a possible godfest this week. And 10+ PAL pulls, waiting for an Event this week (advice given before was not do PAL pull on non-Event times).

So I've got a very sparse group at the moment, but I've gotten this far with some very nice Allies.

So I'm just looking for suggestions on where to go next. I should probably try and farm somewhere and try and get some lucky drops.

Are you IAP?

If not restart and reroll.

I'm guessing Fenris Knight Kumai was your first roll?

Read the intro and keep rolling until you get one of the top tier starting rolls. Its well worth it.

took down Legend with Anubis + UmiYama. Only was able to pull off Anubis twice and both were on good cascades. UmiYama bailed me out the entire board and I was able to take down the boss after a few turns with a x50 combo.

My UmiYama is only unevo'd lvl 12, so I can't run dual UmiYama yet...

I think the only thing you need to worry about on Legend is the higher damage (obviously). So if you've got 15k+ HP, you shouldn't have any issues as long as you can trigger you combo ability every turn.

E: Anyone got a busty Amaterasu I can borrow? I want to GrOdin clear it so I have the new one available tomorrow.

You still need one? I've got a Busty Amaterasu (853 RCV is that enough?)

It's up now Zipgaf

EDIT: is Luci/Luci viable for legend Mystic Land Dragon? It usually is, exceptions being the upcoming Light Mysitc Dragon and those samurai dragons without dark orbs.

Selner

Are you IAP?

Read the intro and keep rolling until you get one of the top tier starting rolls. Its well worth it.

I have not puchased anything as of yet, but I could see myself spending a little bit of cash. I sort of plan on spending some cash actually.

Yes, Kamai was my first roll. That was after two days of re-rolling. I was going a little crazy. I only saw two not very good gods during that.

I understand why everyone suggests rerolling for the top tier, but I also want to play the game :) . Doing the tutorial over and over and over is a little mind-numbing. Especially when I keep seeing those top tier gods on the Ally list.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
You still need one? I've got a Busty Amaterasu (853 RCV is that enough?)

It's up now Zipgaf

EDIT: is Luci/Luci viable for legend Mystic Land Dragon? It usually is, exceptions being the upcoming Light Mysitc Dragon and those samurai dragons without dark orbs.

Got her - thanks!

I have not puchased anything as of yet, but I could see myself spending a little bit of cash. I sort of plan on spending some cash actually.

Yes, Kamai was my first roll. That was after two days of re-rolling. I was going a little crazy. I only saw two not very good gods during that.

I understand why everyone suggests rerolling for the top tier, but I also want to play the game :) . Doing the tutorial over and over and over is a little mind-numbing. Especially when I keep seeing those top tier gods on the Ally list.

if you plan on dropping some coin during a godfest, I wouldn't worry about rerolling. Only reason to reroll is because you are given a free roll that won't cost you.

Post your box if you want some help in the meantime.

Got her - thanks!

How did that end up working for Legend? I could run that instead of Luci/Luci if it is really easy.

Still a lot of Gravities though, and then try to burst through that last 30%. Luci/Luci with that Ammy sub would be able to take it down after 24% I think. That is four gravities to get to 24.01%...

xCobalt

Are you IAP?

People in this thread actually need to start giving advice to those who ask. Telling people to reroll isn't good advice.

Fenris Knight Kumai
Kraken
Tyrannos
Plesios
Brachys
Lil White

Flame Knight
Earth Knight
White Knight
Black Knight
Blood Devil

I think early on, using your pal roll can be pretty useful. Either evo materials or jewel dragons appear during events which isn't too useful if you don't have a solid team figured out. If you roll the pal machine, you could get some more of the lil dragons or one of the healer girls.

I'm assuming your leader is plesios and not kamui right? If you want to round out your blue team some more, consider running the blue keeper dungeon on Tuesdays for the Ice Golem. You'll probably have more luck whenever 2x drop rate comes along. You can also grind one of the water dungeon for a mermaid. I forget the name but they appear as bosses. Chances of dropping are pretty low though.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
How did that end up working for Legend? I could run that instead of Luci/Luci if it is really easy.

Still a lot of Gravities though, and then try to burst through that last 30%. Luci/Luci with that Ammy sub would be able to take it down after 24% I think. That is four gravities to get to 24.01%...

I did Bastet/Baset for Wood dude. I'm clearing up Endless in preparation for the new Endless that drops tomorrow.

xCobalt

I did it with dual resist. The move where it deals 99% of your hp becomes 25%.

I think early on, using your pal roll can be pretty useful. Either evo materials or jewel dragons appear during events which isn't too useful if you don't have a solid team figured out. If you roll the pal machine, you could get some more of the lil dragons or one of the healer girls.

I'm assuming your leader is plesios and not kamui right? If you want to round out your blue team some more, consider running the blue keeper dungeon on Tuesdays for the Ice Golem. You'll probably have more luck whenever 2x drop rate comes along. You can also grind one of the water dungeon for a mermaid. I forget the name but they appear as bosses. Chances of dropping are pretty low though.

Good call on PAL pulls, and even more so with the increased rates. Should be able to get some pretty good stuff for someone early on.

I agree on the advice part, we're just so used to telling people to reroll or GTFO. Not everyone wants to do that.

Unless it's a godfest...then you reroll.

ccbfan

I agree on the advice part, we're just so used to telling people to reroll or GTFO. Not everyone wants to do that.

It is by far the the best possible advice you can give a non-IAP player that're still early in the game considering how many non-IAP players regret their first roll.

Many non-IAP player have quit because of the pay wall that appears if you don't have a good first roll and you get bad luck during God Fest.

Its literally the largest hurdle in the game for non-IAP players. Why not snip it in the bud before hand.

Cleared Land Dragon with my standard Valk farm team.

Valk/Valk/Angelion/Ceres/King Shynee/Valk

I usually use Freyja instead of King Shynee for regular farming, but I insert the King to burst the boss on Legendary. Only, I never even got to activate it, because it got bound and I killed the boss before it was unbound. Killed it with a 14-combo when it had about 50% health left.

Selner

Hmm, I had not realized that about the PAL machine.
I rolled three times right after the recent update, and that's when I got Kraken and Lil White.
The third roll was a Red Moltdra, which I used to level up Tyrannos.

I then saw people saying not to PAL roll outside of events. So I've been holding off on additional rolls.

As for the leader, Kamui has been the primary. I've been running with a Water Knight and then whatever the opposite color of the dungeon is Knight.
I probably need to work on a mono-team, as I don't really have enough to do that right now.

Let's see if I can insert an image...
oQD7tli

Hopefully everyone can see that, and try not to laugh too hard :) .
Not pictured are several ruby dragons (one of the super ones too), another carbuncle or two and some masks I think.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
It is by far the the best possible advice you can give a non-IAP player that're still early in the game considering how many non-IAP players regret their first roll.

Many non-IAP player have quit because of the pay wall that appears if you don't have a good first roll and you get bad luck during God Fest.

Its literally the largest hurdle in the game for non-IAP players. Why not snip it in the bud before hand.

It sucks, but it's true. A good starting roll is more important now than it was back when a few of us started playing. I was lucky to start with GrOdin. He made a lot of content trivial with a friend Amaterasu. But there were no combo leaders back then, so you aimed for Amaterasu, GrOdin, or Orochi.

Now, it sucks, but that starting roll is makes you able to enjoy a LOT more of the game without paying. Anymore, a really good starting roll means you can get through a majority of the content without spending money.

xCobalt

It's not good advice if it's not relevant to theor problem. If someone asks for opinions on their first roll, sure you could tell them to reroll. If someone is asking how to improve their team or beat a certain dungeon, telling them to reroll isn't very helpful. Many people also get burnt out by constantly rerolling for a good start.

Hmm, I had not realized that about the PAL machine.
I rolled three times right after the recent update, and that's when I got Kraken and Lil White.
The third roll was a Red Moltdra, which I used to level up Tyrannos.

I then saw people saying not to PAL roll outside of events. So I've been holding off on additional rolls.

As for the leader, Kamui has been the primary. I've been running with a Water Knight and then whatever the opposite color of the dungeon is Knight.
I probably need to work on a mono-team, as I don't really have enough to do that right now

It's up to you really regarding the pal rolls. When I first started out, having the complete set of lil dragons really helped out. Once fully evolved, 50% resist against an element is extremely useful.

Try running plesios as leader and kamui as a sub. Kamui will deal less damage but your team will be more well rounded since plesios effects all blue monsters.

Selner

It's up to you really regarding the pal rolls. When I first started out, having the complete set of lil dragons really helped out. Once fully evolved, 50% resist against an element is extremely useful.

Try running plesios as leader and kamui as a sub. Kamui will deal less damage but your team will be more well rounded since plesios effects all blue monsters.

That's a good point. I am trying to pick up the blue goblin and ogre.

Resists is something that is needed in a big way.

I will give Plesios a try, and see if it goes any better. Thanks for the advice.

TBQH if you ask anybody who is balls deep into the game today if they regretted keeping their first row, most will say no. Of course, it's a massively biased sample, since all it takes is one good Godfest to go from struggling on post-CoS to #winning. The improved REM should help a lot with this.

What people seem to be forgetting is that the difficulty jump between Castle of Stan and Tower of Flare is HUGE. This is kind of done on purpose, as the next few dungeons you should be tackling are the first few technical dungeons, which are not much more difficult than CoS.

linsivvi

Yeah my advice when people get stuck after Castle of Satan is always to stop trying to clear the next normal dungeon. The real content of the game isn't there anyway. Just farm whatever subs possible and keep farming pengdras to do some serious level up.

Selner

What people seem to be forgetting is that the difficulty jump between Castle of Stan and Tower of Flare is HUGE. This is kind of done on purpose, as the next few dungeons you should be tackling are the first few technical dungeons, which are not much more difficult than CoS.

I should be doing Technicals first, before Flare? I had not thought to do that, I will give that a try too.

Yeah my advice when people get stuck after Castle of Satan is always to stop trying to clear the next normal dungeon. The real content of the game isn't there anyway. Just farm whatever subs possible and keep farming pengdras to do some serious level up.

Yeah, I'm not burning any stamina on Flare for a little while.
Farming pengdras I can do. They drop in the Technical dungeons, right?

chrono01

So with Poring Tower returning tomorrow, what's the best difficulty to run in-regards to Skill-Up's [since I don't want to waste my Stamina, only have 64]? Are the drops much better on Expert and above, or am I safe to just run Intermediate as much as possible, since that only costs 15 Stamina?

Edit - Never mind, apparently Expert offers the best rate of drops per Stamina cost. I'll go with that one, then!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So with Poring Tower returning tomorrow, what's the best difficulty to run in-regards to Skill-Up's [since I don't want to waste my Stamina, only have 64]? Are the drops much better on Expert and above, or am I safe to just run Intermediate as much as possible, since that only costs 15 Stamina?

Edit - Never mind, apparently Expert offers the best rate of drops per Stamina cost. I'll go with that one, then!

It's been said that Expert is the way to go because of the stamina cost (like you observed). Run them all for the stone, and then go bananas for skillup mats. If it goes 2x drops, prepare your box for carnage, haha.

chrono01

It's been said that Expert is the way to go because of the stamina cost (like you observed). Run them all for the stone, and then go bananas for skillup mats. If it goes 2x drops, prepare your box for carnage, haha.
A 2x Drop Rate would be great, but I'm happy enough just having an opportunity to run it [since I missed it last time].

I only wish my Stamina were higher to make replenishing it a viability. I'm not going to waste a Magic Stone on 64 Stamina, so it seems I'll only get a few runs of it. :(

Edit - Ah! I see that Poring Tower is available for four days!? This pleases me! I will dedicate the next four days, then, farming s much as I can. >:)

Mystery dungeon is no fire?
I'm doing master with monored and no fire orb so far..
I'm killing stuff with ares and hera ur off elements..
Thanks god i'm good with matching, and i'm healing for a LOT

Jagernaut

A 2x Drop Rate would be great, but I'm happy enough just having an opportunity to run it [since I missed it last time].

I only wish my Stamina were higher to make replenishing it a viability. I'm not going to waste a Magic Stone on 64 Stamina, so it seems I'll only get a few runs of it. :(

Edit - Ah! I see that Poring Tower is available for four days!? This pleases me! I will dedicate the next four days, then, farming s much as I can. >:)

I think it's 5 days, 14th - 18th. Try to time your level ups so you can maximize your stamina usage.

Expert is best whether it's 2x drop or not. But if you want Porings to evolve into Masterings you'll want to run Master if you can clear it, for the increased drop rate. At least until you get as many Porings as you want then you can go back to Expert. I'll be farming Porings for the upcoming Mastering awakenings. I don't need anything else from the dungeon.

And done..
Doing mystery dungeon with monored without red orbs made me proud, especially since i tackled master..
Might try legend with the same setup!

Top Bottom