• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Tobe

Mystery dungeon is no fire?
I'm doing master with monored and no fire orb so far..
I'm killing stuff with ares and hera ur off elements..
Thanks god i'm good with matching, and i'm healing for a LOT
Now that is just bragging lol. I'm getting my box prepared for 2x skill up. Big baddies, dark mystic pretty much the only monsters I have stores for skill up. Also yeah trying to farm siren it's a no go, it's been 2 weekends running OoH for cupids and mermaids to no avail stupid drop rate.

OT.
My mom is way better just a lot of bruising, she can't eat regular food yet because her face is swollen but she can walk and everything slowly but just fine. Thanks for the support guys :)

Sounds like she's going to make a full recovery. Good to hear.

Master is better than Expert for farming Porings, unless the dungeon goes x2 drop. However, Expert also gives you a bunch of pre-evolved slimes that can be used to skill up a lot of shit, while Master gives you shitty Demons.

^^^ I forgot to mention about the Slimes. Good call, and definitely a plus for Expert if you need Slimes for skillups. However I thought Expert was just as good as Master for other Porings when you consider you can run Expert twice for every Master run. And when it's 2x drop it's no contest that Expert is better. It's been awhile since I ran it though, so maybe my memory is fuzzy.

So has anyone figured out anything that makes the new color Valks worth using over the existing Heartbreakers?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Now that is just bragging lol. I'm getting my box prepared for 2x skill up. Big baddies, dark mystic pretty much the only monsters I have stores for skill up. Also yeah trying to farm siren it's a no go, it's been 2 weekends running OoH for cupids and mermaids to no avail stupid drop rate.

OT.
My mom is way better just a lot of bruising, she can't eat regular food yet because her face is swollen but she can walk and everything slowly but just fine. Thanks for the support guys :)

I may have missed something - what happened with your mum? Glad to hear she's making a full recovery from whatever it is!

yami4ct

Alright, thought I'd come to you guys to get some help on planning my week for my US account. Here's my current box.

JwJb9b9l.png
J4WM4Kvl.png
W99bg08l.png

My current main team is Isis, D'Spinas, Tyrannos, Aqua Baron and Dragon Knight.

My original plan was to farm evo materials and evolve my current leader Isis. I'm reconsidering that now. I'm now thinking of holding off evolving her until she gets her Ultimate. Now, I'm thinking of grinding out stuff to level up/maybe evolve Bastet and have her take over. She should be easy to plug into my old team.

Does that seem like a decent idea to everyone else? What other monsters should I work on hunting down or leveling?

Poring tomorrow? Is this in line with an event?

And damn witchedwiz, we get it okay? You're good at combos. Average of 9 combos pre-cascade. Sheesh.

;)

Kreed

Ran Mono Green 2/4/2 team against Mystic Land Dragon Legend with Athena to make enhanced orbs and Fortoytops to make hearts. No real trouble defeating the boss with this team, even with the 99% HP attack (he was pretty much dead in the first shot with enhanced orbs and x1.5 wood enhancement, and I just finished him off with Fortoytops and Chulainn).

Selner

Alright, thought I'd come to you guys to get some help on planning my week for my US account. Here's my current box.

You box is so... tidy. Mine is a freaking mess with all the random evo materials that I hang on to.

And I enjoy using your Isis :) . Even if am awful at getting his skill to fire.

Which is a question. How do you fire her skill? It says 3+ colors, but I match 3 colors all the time, and it doesn't seem to work. It looks like there are more than three color orbs in her profile pic too.

Unless it is firing and I'm just blind. That's entirely possible.

yami4ct

You box is so... tidy. Mine is a freaking mess with all the random evo materials that I hang on to.

Which is a question. How do you fire her skill? It says 3+ colors, but I match 3 colors all the time, and it doesn't seem to work. It looks like there are more than three color orbs in her profile pic too.

It's not just 3 colors, but 3 different colors of attacks. If you match a color, yet don't have a monster that attacks on the color, the match doesn't really count.

chrono01

There's gonna be kings in PAL starting tomorrow so there's a high likelihood of an event.
There's definitely an event starting tomorrow. It's already been confirmed.

Winter Wonderland Event 1/14 - 1/21

Event Details:

Legendary Dragon Rush!: 1/14 - 1/15

Poring Tower: 1/14 - 1/18

1/14 - 1/21: 7-8 stones! Delivered as late as 4:00 AM

1/14 - 1/21: King Dragons at the PAL Egg Machine!

1/14 - 1/21: 1.5x appearance rate for TAMADRAs on Metal/Jewel Dragon Dungeons!

And it wouldn't be an event without 2x drop on daily dungeons and 2x skill up!

Apparently more to come, as well.

shinjijai

Leader Skill: Grace of the Nile
Effects: All Monsters ATK x3 when 3 Color Attacks or above at once.

so you need to have 3 colours attacking at once (ie: red, blue, and green) to activate the skill.

Ducarmel

3 different colors! meaning any 3 combinations of colors as long as they are different.

Maybe you should play with Bastet/Kushinada friends if you find matching colors harder then just making 3+ combos.

edit:beaten.

yami4ct

Event Details:

Free stones. Fun! Also, damn do I love that 1.5x Tamadra. Have been running the metal/jewel dungeons like crazy when I can and have only seen two. Neither dropped, either. Maybe I can finally get one!

Tobe

Goddamit why is Bastet so good. Running haku and Bastet and I just shit on everything. Now I just need to lvl up mine evolve her and run a healer team. Nicoga, my mom fell down a couple of stairs and hit face first to the ground. No brain damage, no broken bones so she was lucky this happened Friday. She was in the hospital for day and Saturday. Now she is home and having a speedy recovery.

chrono01

Free stones. Fun! Also, damn do I love that 1.5x Tamadra. Have been running the metal/jewel dungeons like crazy when I can and have only seen two. Neither dropped, either. Maybe I cash get one!
Yeah, unfortunately this has to happen at a time where my Stamina will be used on Poring Tower instead. :/ Still nice to see, though.

Sorry to hear about your mother, Tobe. I'm glad to hear that's she's doing better.

Ducarmel

My original plan was to farm evo materials and evolve my current leader Isis. I'm reconsidering that now. I'm now thinking of holding off evolving her until she gets her Ultimate. Now, I'm thinking of grinding out stuff to level up/maybe evolve Bastet and have her take over. She should be easy to plug into my old team.

Does that seem like a decent idea to everyone else? What other monsters should I work on hunting down or leveling?
Bastet is technically stronger then Isis right now, She also has better sub choices. Isis will be worth investing in but only her twinlit busty will become as strong as Busty Bastet but that is only if you match 5 colors. While busty Bastet only needs 7 combos to activate her full potential.

So you will have to ask yourself which is easier for you to activate when your in a tough spot matching 5 colors or getting 7 combos.

Anyone got a GrOdin in the JP version I can use to clear Tuesday dungeon with?

Would love for some people to add me in general too, sucks finding good leaders in-game.

J0dy77

You have two nice starting mobs and have the right idea. Isis and Bastet can both clear descended dungeons. Make them your priority, drop the D'Spinas, his value goes down real fast. Just focus on the subs you'll need for both teams. Echidna, gravity and heart breakers can all be farmed.

yami4ct

You have two nice starting mobs and have the right idead. Isis and Bastet can both clear descended dungeons. Make them your priority, drop the D'Spinas, his value goes down real fast. Just focus on the subs you'll need for both teams. Echidna, gravity and heart breakers can all be farmed.

Echidna was definitely near the top of my "need for subs" list. Where's the best place to go for her pre-evo? As for Gravity and Heartbreakers, I'm not exactly sure which ones to pick. I know I should pick ones of different colors, as to be able to run both a Isis or a Bastet team later on, but what are going to be the most effective ones used together?

J0dy77

Echidna was definitely near the top of my "need for subs" list. Where's the best place to go for her pre-evo? As for Gravity and Heartbreakers, I'm not exactly sure which ones to pick. I know I should pick ones of different colors, as to be able to run both a Isis or a Bastet team later on, but what are going to be the most effective ones used together?

There's a good chance to get her right now in the Flame Mech Dragon dungeon on Expert. Run it causally now but make sure you run it as much as possible on the 2x event this Sunday.

Otherwise you can get her from some of the earlier Normal dungeons but it's a really rare drop.

StMeph

There's a good chance to get her right now in the Flame Mech Dragon dungeon on Expert. Run it causally now but make sure you run it as much as possible on the 2x event this Sunday.

Otherwise you can get her from some of the earlier Normal dungeons but it's a really rare drop.

Every time Scarlet Snake Princess comes around, no matter how many Naga I farm, I only manage to gain a single skill up.

Somebody on PG made a good suggestion to dedicate a day of the week to be "put a random ass sub up so other people can challenge mode" day. Mondays or some day on the weekend are the immediately obvious candidates. Thoughts?

Somebody on PG made a good suggestion to dedicate a day of the week to be "put a random ass sub up so other people can challenge mode" day. Mondays or some day on the weekend are the immediately obvious candidates. Thoughts?

Sounds good, but how many unconventional leads are out there that dont suck? I mean if you are talking about satan/zeus/etc you just need to befriend people who runs those leaders full time.

StMeph

GungHo would want us to do it on Thursday.

Sounds good, but how many unconventional leads are out there that dont suck? I mean if you are talking about satan/zeus/etc you just need to befriend people who runs those leaders full time.

Challenge Mode is an actual game mode where the subs you run a dungeon with also come from your friends list. It's not an arbitrary user-made challenge mode.

GungHo would want us to do it on Thursday.

Challenge Mode is an actual game mode where the subs you run a dungeon with also come from your friends list. It's not an arbitrary user-made challenge mode.

Wait, is that the one where you only have one leader skill, and your friends just give you an extra sub?

Is the US getting Challenge mode soon or something? It would definitely make things more interesting, but franking running a mono-dark team with Loki, Luci or Persephone should steamroll through most of the Challenge mode content. Everyone has Luci's, Hakus and other dark leaders.

I wish we could get pal points though, I would probably leave up max skilled echidna, she would get used ALL THE TIME!

Are there any other changes in Challenge mode other than you have to pick your subs from leaders and no second lead?

Maledict

I'm finally learning how to string multiple chains together reliably, although I still can't activate Horus all the time it seems - 3 seems very doable per turn, but 4 is a stretch currently.

Bit weird playing in Europe though - seems like a lot of cards just don't pop up for people. I've only seen one other Odin, and no Horus ever on my friends list. Same with the new dragon riders.

Quick question though - I've been storing up all my + eggs religiously, and sort of want to start feeding them to something now. I use Odin more than anything but get the impression Horus is much more highly valued at the higher levels - which do people think I should be using my + eggs on to increase in stats?

I'm finally learning how to string multiple chains together reliably, although I still can't activate Horus all the time it seems - 3 seems very doable per turn, but 4 is a stretch currently.

Bit weird playing in Europe though - seems like a lot of cards just don't pop up for people. I've only seen one other Odin, and no Horus ever on my friends list. Same with the new dragon riders.

Quick question though - I've been storing up all my + eggs religiously, and sort of want to start feeding them to something now. I use Odin more than anything but get the impression Horus is much more highly valued at the higher levels - which do people think I should be using my + eggs on to increase in stats?
Horus, no question.

Selner

3 different colors! meaning any 3 combinations of colors as long as they are different.

Maybe you should play with Bastet/Kushinada friends if you find matching colors harder then just making 3+ combos.

edit:beaten.

Ah, I see my problem. I've been running with only two colors. I misread the skill desc.

ccbfan

Does challenged mode include all the dungeons or just the normal ones?

My 6x GOdin and my Cu + 5x GOdin teams are ready.

J0dy77

Give it time and you'll see more and more desirable leaders. One of the most important things you can do is develop your friend list. We all lean on each other in this thread. Read the spreadsheet we have in the original post, add @gaf to your name, send invites and you'll get a ton of help.

Horus is definitely the place to put your plus eggs over Odin. However, if you have echidna I would dump most on her. She's a staple on almost every team and especially with Horus. Split the eggs between her and Horus.

Does challenged mode include all the dungeons or just the normal ones?

My 6x GOdin and my Cu + 5x GOdin teams are ready.
All normal and technical dungeons.

On an aside, they also now have time attacks for every descended dungeon (just for e-peen purposes, not for any reward). Forgot when exactly those got added.

J0dy77

Event Details:

My stones are ready for twinlits. I want queen Hera and Zeus evos.

How important is a skilled up King Shynee/Woodsie for Healer/Balanced teams?
It's a luxury, but not crucial. You'll just have to stall for 5 more turns. I know the skill-up costs are significant, requiring about 48K exp, a King Dragon, and 2 Lits to raise each King Slime for a chance at a skill-up. I fully skilled-up both a King Shynee and Baddie. I forgot how many Kings it took for each, but I think it was around 40 Kings a piece. That's like 10mil exp worth of fodder. It definitely seemed like the skill-up rate for King Slimes is ridiculously low. I'll probably still eventually skill-up the other 3 colors, though. =P

Ducarmel

How important is a skilled up King Shynee/Woodsie for Healer/Balanced teams?

If you are serious about using them for descends, then yeah they are essential. I used to think it was crazy to max skill them because it sucks but after seeing videos of healer teams, physical teams, and balanced teams destroying bosses in one shot I am believer.

Ah, you're right. I recall the were on the ballot when Pierdra Dungeon won. I wonder what will get the next dungeon. I'm kind of annoyed that my Fenrir has no skill-ups yet.

Nista

I realized today that I can write on my ipad with whiteboard markers due to the screen protector.

I can finally use Ra as a leader, by planning out combos! :)

Looking forward to finishing off skillups, if the luck of the porings holds true this week.

Jagernaut

I realized today that I can write on my ipad with whiteboard markers due to the screen protector.

I can finally use Ra as a leader, by planning out combos! :)

Looking forward to finishing off skillups, if the luck of the porings holds true this week.

You should check out the Path and Decision app on the AppStore. It's good for planning out your combos.

Totakeke

It's a luxury, but not crucial. You'll just have to stall for 5 more turns. I know the skill-up costs are significant, requiring about 48K exp, a King Dragon, and 2 Lits to raise each King Slime for a chance at a skill-up. I fully skilled-up both a King Shynee and Baddie. I forgot how many Kings it took for each, but I think it was around 40 Kings a piece. That's like 10mil exp worth of fodder. It definitely seemed like the skill-up rate for King Slimes is ridiculously low. I'll probably still eventually skill-up the other 3 colors, though. =P

Hah... I'll leave this for later then.

Top Bottom