• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

linsivvi

It seems like Kirin team has the best chance of clearing the new endless corridor so after I bring her up to speed I will give it a try too.

Ducarmel

20 pal pulls only 1 king, a couple of evolved pengdras got a ninja and Shouki!

Help me GAF!

I got an Ame no Uzume as my starter and she's too cute to reroll. How do I use her - stack Nagas?
I play with Ame for quick farming. By the time i got her i was already a mono read player

She is good but starting out with her is tough to manage that hp. All I really can say is put as much levels into her and red subs to get high enough of hp to the point one hit is not much of a problem and play with other strong mono red leaders.

She has farmable subs

Titan, Homura, Naga, you also want CoC Flame Archer, or Phoenix. COC collab is coming up in a few days so grab archer if you can. Phoenix is tough to get he only drops in the biweekly dragon dungeon (Sky Dragon of Flame, and Ancient Fire Dragon)

With enough level put into them this is good enough for most of the game content but probably wont cut it for major descends.

For her to be descend ready you want Geomon as your orb changer, Freyr to replace Archer, and Horus or Hera-ur for orb enhancement. With those guys active skill you should be able to one shot any descend boss.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Poring days are frustrating.

I need lots of keepers of various color, but I also want to max skill a LOT of shit. I will probably make my first stone purchase of the year so I can farm all these dungeons the next few days...

Also, what's the Batman team that can take down Tengu with minimal effort?

16 pulls. 2 Tams, 2 + eggs, 1 super gold, 3 kings.

notbad.jpg

Now to decide where to put my 3 tams

Poring days are frustrating.

I need lots of keepers of various color, but I also want to max skill a LOT of shit. I will probably make my first stone purchase of the year so I can farm all these dungeons the next few days...

I hear you. I need 2 blue keepers, 2 dark keepers, and a bunch of rainbows. Plus need to skill up valk and angelion.

ugh

Amon37

Had to stop rerolling on JP after 3+ hours. I guess I was spoiled since it only too 3-4 rerolls to nab Luci on my us account in the beginning.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
My skillup plan for the next few days!

Persephone - 5/6 - The last one should be easy, just need more dark keepers.
Mastering - 4/7 - I'd love to have a couple max skilled Masterings for shits. Current focus is on one, though.
Gigas - 4/7 - My Gigas the Great is already maxed, but I'd like a second. Not sure if I should bother with a goblin for low cost teams.
Siren - 4/7 - My two EotS are already max skilled, as is Megalodran. But having a low cost Siren max skilled seems smart.
Siegfried - 5/7 - So close...Not sure if I should skill my second or third.
Chu - 5/7 - Same as Siegfried. I have 2 or 3 Highlander in reserve...
Light/Dark Golem Mk III - 1/8 - Not important, but my extras will go to these guys.
Vamp - 4/7 - I need a max skilled low level Vamp for my Batman team.
Wood Dominion Michael - 1/6 - This will be a bitch. I know it.

Mastering - 1/7 - I still have to catch one!
Gigas - 1/7 - have to max skill my gigas and my second gigas that will be bustied...
Siren - 1/7 - might skill up a low level siren
Megalodran- 1/7 - will do!
valkyrie- 3/7 - will do! most likely i'll max a second one as well!
Siegfried - 1/7 -must not give up!
Chu - 1/7 -must not give up!
Vamp - 1/7 - have to max skill at least 2, possibly 3

soo helluvagem for me!
question...
for drop master or expert?

Selner

So PAL was kinda good to me today.
9 pulls, 3 Kings, Lil Green, dark ninja, red devil and some lits.

And I tried one of the Keeper dungeons, as it didn't look too hard online. Back to back Dark Keepers kicked my butt. I just couldn't heal enough. Guess I'll need to wait a bit longer on Keepers.

Almost cleared the first technical dungeon yesterday day. Gotva bunch of pengdras, armor golem and a chimera for my trouble. I had almost no green mobs, so that was good.

Patiently waiting for godfest. Should have four pulls for it. More if I break down and buy stones.

J0dy77

Care to elaborate? It's very similar to the 4chan one as it turns out.

Sorry, it was really late and I was going to type more but just hit post. It's close, just need to change some stuff around.

Mastering - 4/7 - I'd love to have a couple max skilled Masterings for shits. Current focus is on one, though.
Gigas - 4/7 - My Gigas the Great is already maxed, but I'd like a second. Not sure if I should bother with a goblin for low cost teams.
Siren - 4/7 - My two EotS are already max skilled, as is Megalodran. But having a low cost Siren max skilled seems smart.
Light/Dark Golem Mk III - 1/8 - Not important, but my extras will go to these guys.

I've need 1 more skillup on Seigfried for 6 months. I MUST get it this time. That's the only skillup I need to complete poring tower and all of the Heartbreakers.

Are you accounting for Persephone's max SL dropping by 2 at a future date? Gonna have to keep more Dark Ladies around for when that happens.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Are you accounting for Persephone's max SL dropping by 2 at a future date? Gonna have to keep more Dark Ladies around for when that happens.

What?

WHAT?

Fuuuuuuuuuck no. I've only got 6 total Dark Ladies left.

Sorry, it was really late and I was going to type more but just hit post. It's close, just need to change some stuff around.

I've need 1 more skillup on Seigfried for 6 months. I MUST get it this time. That's the only skillup I need to complete poring tower and all of the Heartbreakers.

No worries - I've got to add Luci and Kush still. And I HOPE I can get those skillups in the next few days. My "feed 3 at a time" plan seems to deliver pretty convincing results. It honestly feels like I'm taking advantage of the RNG this way. Even if I get a shitty seed and get no skillups, the next feed 3 almost ALWAYS yields 1.

yami4ct

Ok, current team I'm running is this

8jhes0Y.jpg

After an initial run at it, I'm suspecting that it's going to be very, very tough for me to tackle Keeper of the Rainbow. Am I wrong? I now suspect my stam is going to be better used trying to farm Tamadras when the metal dungeons pop up and occasionally trying to get a Naga from Flame Mechdragon.

Ok, current team I'm running is this

After an initial run at it, I'm suspecting that it's going to be very, very tough for me to tackle Keeper of the Rainbow. Am I wrong? I now suspect my stam is going to be better used trying to farm Tamadras when the metal dungeons pop up and occasionally trying to get a Naga from Flame Mechdragon.
Try a zombie team (Resolve+autohealer) out. Doesn't even need to be low HP since the R.Keeper has such a long turn count. Fair warning: he will take about an hour to kill this way.

Interestingly enough it seems like Expert is the better deal either way for Porings:
Master: ~3.8 porings per run, 50 stamina
Expert: ~1.8 porings per run, 25 stamina
Master includes the boss drop, which most people don't even need. Assuming a 40% boss drop rate, that's 3.4 good porings / 50 stam for master versus 3.6 porings / (25+25) stam for expert.

J0dy77

I never got around to finishing Dragon Rush, debating if I should pick up the stone or go for Poring. What team did everyone use for Dragon Rush?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I never got around to finishing Dragon Rush, debating if I should pick up the stone or go for Poring. What team did everyone use for Dragon Rush?

Kirin is about the only team I could EVER clear it with.

Kirin/Kirin + any subs with high HP, ATK, and dual element. You can't stall, so it's all or nothing. It's VERY worth it to have every color covered (speaking specifically about dark). I farmed it last time it was out to max awaken all the dragons. I'm still missing one at max I think. Not worth the stress of that dungeon anymore to run it for me, ha.

Try a zombie team (Resolve+autohealer) out. Doesn't even need to be low HP since the R.Keeper has such a long turn count. Fair warning: he will take about an hour to kill this way.

Interestingly enough it seems like Expert is the better deal either way for Porings:

Master includes the boss drop, which most people don't even need.

Are you saying that 3.8 number INCLUDES the boss? I guess I could farm master...

yami4ct

That works on a Rainbow Keeper run as well? Huh, didn't know that. Had one of those built for the Mask and 'Lit dungeons. Might give that a go.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
That works on a Rainbow Keeper run as well? Huh, didn't know that. Had one of those built for the Mask and 'Lit dungeons. Might give that a go.

Resolve teams will work on any boss that doesn't multi-hit. It works ESPECIALLY well for RK because of his really high CD. You can get away with Isis/Orochi or some other resolve lead since you have so many turns to heal up. Speeds the run up, too.

Pretty easy to crush with Goemon if you get the sweet spot from the first dragon attack.

What about all of the other preemptive strikes?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
There aren't any in Legendary? That's the Skydragon rush.

Oh shit. Hahahaha I was thinking that bastard OTHER dungeon. I guess I should just Goemon my way through this again and max awaken the ones I'm missing.

E: Yup - Skydragon is the bullshit Kirin/Kirin team. This looks like a joke with Goemon/Goemon + Satan/anything.

J0dy77

There aren't any in Legendary? That's the Skydragon rush.

Oh shit. Hahahaha I was thinking that bastard OTHER dungeon. I guess I should just Goemon my way through this again and max awaken the ones I'm missing.

E: Yup - Skydragon is the bullshit Kirin/Kirin team. This looks like a joke with Goemon/Goemon + Satan/anything.

I was thinking skydragon as well but same question still applied, lol.

Hmmm Goemon/Goemon satan does seem very intersting for this one. I can hold off on the pain of Poring tower one more day. I really haven't been using Seigfried that much anymore, his low RCV makes him the weakest of the heartbreakers.

Hmmm Goemon/Goemon satan does seem very intersting for this one. I can hold off on the pain of Poring tower one more day. I really haven't been using Seigfried that much anymore, his low RCV makes him the weakest of the heartbreakers.

His RCV is low...but damn dat HP is huge.

razterik

Okay. Skydragon can be done with a high HP spike team, but I recommend a max skill heart maker to heal up when you get to round 4 or so. That way you can tank a couple early hits and still recover enough to take the later preemptives. And the last boss must be burst down quickly or delayed before he hits you with his charge attack.

saichi

1. You will always roll a top-tier leader eventually. Whether that be the first Godfest you participate in or months down the line who knows, but it will happen. The REM recently got a big buff that vastly improved the chances of rolling something good.

instead of trolling with 3 star monster, GH will troll more with 4 star one now. :(

Interesting tier list.

I have U&Y and Bastet from last godfest. Didn't realize U&Y was that highly regarded. Not using either of them at all...I've been going with Robin for descends and Satan/WD Ares for farming.

I also got Dark Meta and Byakko from last godfest. They are evo'd and up to level 60. Not using them either lol.

you lucky bastard... how many times did you roll?

Kirin is about the only team I could EVER clear it with.

Kirin/Kirin + any subs with high HP, ATK, and dual element. You can't stall, so it's all or nothing. It's VERY worth it to have every color covered (speaking specifically about dark). I farmed it last time it was out to max awaken all the dragons. I'm still missing one at max I think. Not worth the stress of that dungeon anymore to run it for me, ha.

I'm pretty sure I can't beat Dragon Rush but I have no incentives to do so. Those Dragons don't look so impressive. Are they even useful?

xCobalt

I think the data might be wrong for Gaia on legend. PDX says it has 280,000 defense. I just matched 2 sets of 4 fire orbs with my Goemon(~4100 attack) and it did 1 damage. I'm sure the leader skill was active because I'm running satan as a sub.

linsivvi

27 rolls, 1 tamadra, 1 super and 4 kings. Not bad.

Cleared legendary dragon with a poverty grind team: B/U vampire, RKx2, Hera, Hera-Is and friend Luci. Super safe and took about half an hour.

Only 1 drop though.

BlueSteel

Tengu seems to be a pretty shitty monster at first glance. Why are people excited for its event?

You can switch him in and have an emergency resolve team when you need it for certain floors, then switch him out when you don't. I haven't used him yet but I can imagine that would be helpful for some floors that are OHKO

linsivvi

Tengu seems to be a pretty shitty monster at first glance. Why are people excited for its event?

Poring tower alone makes this event exciting.

As for Tengu, well this will be only the second time this dungeon appear and many of us didn't have a team ready for it last time. Personally I just wanted the trophy but any subs with 3 skill boosts is never useless.

razterik

Honestly think Tengu is better for his triple skill boost awakenings than for his active. Haven't seen a use for it outside of random Legendary Earth teams.

Genji

I'm finding the drop rate for the Valk skill up to be scarce on both expert and master. I have gotten way (5:1) more of the blue and green drops though. Is the yellow drop supposed to be the rarest or is it just bad luck?

I'm finding the drop rate for the Valk skill up to be scarce on both expert and master. I have gotten way (5:1) more of the blue and green drops though. Is the yellow drop supposed to be the rarest or is it just bad luck?
Combination of both. Yellow one is definitely rarer than blue (and anecdotally green is he most common of them all) but not 5:1 rare.

J0dy77

Honestly think Tengu is better for his triple skill boost awakenings than for his active. Haven't seen a use for it outside of random Legendary Earth teams.

This is exactly why he's good. One of the only monsters with this awakening.

Hmmmm, never noticed that. Think I'll be spending some stamina farming a couple extra then. 3 Skill reduction is a really big deal. Have to check his overall stats.

Edit: His stats are pretty terrible. 3k HP, 1k DMG and 0 RCV... he's a hindrance without a second color and those awful stats. Would have to be a very specialized team makeup.

The Rare Egg Machine needs to throw me a bone. I rolled five times for the last God Fest and didn't get a single God. I'm at Level 85 right now and have never gotten one, actually. The most reliable teams I have is a Chaos Dragon Knight Voice (I think he's unfortunately my best monster) paired with another Chaos Dragon Knight Voice or a Tortoise Mountain Genbu, Meimei.

I'm not strong enough to attempt any of the Descended dungeons, and the only monsters I can actually obtain from Special Dungeons have been those recent dragons, such as the Mechdragons or Mystic Dragons. I do get some joy out of simply collecting them, but I don't actually use them.

Also, what is the benefit of Poring Tower? The remarks here imply that they are used to Skill Up monsters, but are they only used for certain Monsters?m

razterik

Exactly why we need the GungHo collab. Getting yellow Drops everywhere on the JP side the last couple days.

yami4ct

Welp. Was having a great Zombie team run on Rainbow Keeper, but got destroyed by two knights hitting me at the same time. Given that I need to level Bastet first before really needing a RK, I think that's it for the Tuesday dungeon for me this week. I think going back to my original plan of running Mechdragon for Nagas and the Jewel Dungeons for level dragons and Tamadras is going to be far more stamina efficient, especially since the Jewel dungeons that's coming is Emerald and is going to really, really help me get Bastet where I need her to be.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Hmmmm, never noticed that. Think I'll be spending some stamina farming a couple extra then. 3 Skill reduction is a really big deal. Have to check his overall stats.

Edit: His stats are pretty terrible. 3k HP, 1k DMG and 0 RCV... he's a hindrance without a second color and those awful stats. Would have to be a very specialized team makeup.

I want mine so I can build some Legendary farm teams. A lot of them use him because of his awakening. And his resolve swap makes him a great candidate to tank Celestial.

Also, what is the benefit of Poring Tower? The remarks here imply that they are used to Skill Up monsters, but are they only used for certain Monsters?m

If you check PDX, you'll see - the Poring Tower offers monsters to easy skill some of the most useful monsters in the game. Valk, Chu, Sieg, Mk III Golems, etc. Definitely worth stocking up because we don't see this place enough.

massoluk

Banned
Wow... Last time that Dragonrush came along, Legend gave me hell. Now, several levels later, I just breezed throught the thing like hot knife on a butter with double lucifer team.

Weird, when you got through the threshold, it felt like playing easy mode.

If you check PDX, you'll see - the Poring Tower offers monsters to easy skill some of the most useful monsters in the game. Valk, Chu, Sieg, Mk III Golems, etc. Definitely worth stocking up because we don't see this place enough.
I have an Light MK II Golem that I never bothered to level up. Reflecting back on the high defense monsters I've encountered particularly in the Mystic Land Dragon Dungeon, maybe I should try using it.

J0dy77

Anyone have a Goemon with 4k HP they can put up? I only have one on my list and they have too many HP. I've got a strong Legendary dragon team put together but need to stay under the HP threshold.

So Karin was on Nico's A tier listing. I've had her for a while and just haven't used her as a leader at all. What subs are good to run with her? Any specific ones I should be looking out for?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So Karin was on Nico's A tier listing. I've had her for a while and just haven't used her as a leader at all. What subs are good to run with her? Any specific ones I should be looking out for?

Depends on your box of course...

But Dark/Wood/Water all have really good subs.

Depending on the dungeon, Orochi, Hera-Is, Divine Hera, Duke Vamp, Freyja, GrOdin, Bastet, Chu, Parv, Sieg. What you want is a lot of dual colors. That's how most any Chinese god is - dual colors to cover everything while getting the benefit of that 12.25x damage. The reason Karin would be A tier is because dark subs are SO easy to come by, super easy to level, and very versatile.

Damaniel

Banned
So. Much. Rerolling...

So, I've spent a few hours rolling (and rerolling, and rerolling...)

After far too many assorted 3*/4* dragons and knights, I finally pulled something different, but it's one of the new monsters, apparently (Blazing Maiden, Princess Valkyrie). Any opinions? Is that 'good enough', or should I really hold out for a Horus, Bastet, Kushinadahime, or something along those lines? (I certainly don't mind throwing her away and rerolling if she's totally useless, but my luck with the RNG is rather lacking...)

Top Bottom