• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
First run on Master got me my Tengu. Last time I ran it like 4 times and didn't get the drop. That dungeon is no joke, ha.

E: 2nd run, 2nd drop. This time running Flame Chaser build. Holy shit is this easier. A+ running this all day for my 4 drops.

Zero_IYAD

Got Tengu on the 4th run..
Didn't stone any of 'em which is good, also switched to an all dark team, felt safer

tumblr_mzg19u2iG51srgzyyo1_500.jpg

I really REALLY hate my current rotation in Emergency Department, not even 3G connects through =__=

edit: wow this pad Z guy sure is anime http://i.imgur.com/pgXZs2q.png
Going Kingdom Heartsy!

J0dy77

Batman is up for me. Running Batman/Batman + Lillith/Vamp/Siren/Dark Demon. Hope to run Master enough to get the drop. Legend just looks silly since I don't have my fire team ready and I can't combo Robin reliably.

Debating an attempt on Tengu Legend but not sure if the Batman team will have enough. Didn't work last time and I've only added a few levels.

Not sure if i'll do Tengu this time around, already have him as a trophy and I don't think I can tackle Legend yet. I think I'll just get trolled by Poring instead.

Jagernaut

I already have a Tengu from running Master last time. I won't run Legend until I get a Flame Chaser (I've run Flame Mechdragon legend repeatedly without seeing a chaser).

Amon37

I was going to play JP version for extra pad but I'll just wait for this godfest and have a second us pad on this device. it'll be interesting to start over with a spike lead knowing what I know about pad now and I'll be able to gift myself lol

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Debating an attempt on Tengu Legend but not sure if the Batman team will have enough. Didn't work last time and I've only added a few levels.

I'm worried that I simply can't keep up with the damage on Legend. My Batman team isn't terrible, but it's not strong enough to output the damage needed to burst him down.

Flame Chaser COULD do it, but I don't have enough levels there either.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Zomg, so many ghostrings and big bubblies and I have no poisoner or second siren to skill up.

I have 2 max skill Siren and Lillith, working on a 3rd Siren (unevolved) for cost limited, my 3rd, 4th, and 5th poisoner (2 more Lillith and 1 Copperhead). It's silly...

razterik

I'm just going to give Mei-mei a shot;D

** Man, not getting an attack bonus on Naga is going to suck:/

Little late here, but the Chinese gods boost all attacks, even off color. You just have to match red in addition to green/dark/light if you want Echidna to attack. You will do that anyway since one of the most important part of these teams is clearing out off color orbs as much as possible. And Genbu is a really good starter despite needing some REM luck for her tougher descend teams. Post your ID if you need some friends, there are a decent number of JP players around here.

Selner

I was going to play JP version for extra pad but I'll just wait for this godfest and have a second us pad on this device. it'll be interesting to start over with a spike lead knowing what I know about pad now and I'll be able to gift myself lol

Does anyone know when the next US godfest will be? Hopefully during the current event.

I've managed to save up 20 stones, so I'm itching to pull and be disappointed when not a single gold egg falls out :p .

In other news, Tower of Trials was good to me. Bunches of Plants dropped, so I was able to evolve Lil White once, and Lil Green twice. And evolve three Pengdras.

Some random person sent me their lvl20 gift, when gave me a 2nd Red Starter. Boo.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Does anyone know when the next US godfest will be? Hopefully during the current event.

I've managed to save up 20 stones, so I'm itching to pull and be disappointed when not a single gold egg falls out :p .

In other news, Tower of Trials was good to me. Bunches of Plants dropped, so I was able to evolve Lil White once, and Lil Green twice. And evolve three Pengdras.

Some random person sent me their lvl20 gift, when gave me a 2nd Red Starter. Boo.

Soon - the event we have now is supposed to have a Godfest from what I understand.

J0dy77

I'm worried that I simply can't keep up with the damage on Legend. My Batman team isn't terrible, but it's not strong enough to output the damage needed to burst him down.

Flame Chaser COULD do it, but I don't have enough levels there either.

I gave it a try with Dual Batman, Vamp (max skill lvl 55), Dark Golem, Dublit and Echidna. Really poor planning on my part and I targeted the ogre that powered up and hit me for 14k while the other two chipped away at me. I should have wiped the ninjas first and attempted to tank the Ogre. Problem is RCV for this team, you just can't heal enough to keep up. Tempted to try it again with the right order but I have been wasting a ton of stamina lately on these harder dungeons.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I gave it a try with Dual Batman, Vamp (max skill lvl 55), Dark Golem, Dublit and Echidna. Really poor planning on my part and I targeted the ogre that powered up and hit me for 14k while the other two chipped away at me. I should have wiped the ninjas first and attempted to tank the Ogre. Problem is RCV for this team, you just can't heal enough to keep up. Tempted to try it again with the right order but I have been wasting a ton of stamina lately on these harder dungeons.

Most teams I am trying are really low RCV. Batman/Batman seems great for Master, but Legend appears to be impossible with that setup. My Flame Chaser team has a whole 561 RCV. It's burn or be burned. Legend looks like a "Robin or bust" dungeon. I think if my Ogre, blue bubblie, and 2nd Gigas were max skilled, I could take on Legend. But given that NONE of those are true, I would just get wrecked.

J0dy77

Most teams I am trying are really low RCV. Batman/Batman seems great for Master, but Legend appears to be impossible with that setup. My Flame Chaser team has a whole 561 RCV. It's burn or be burned. Legend looks like a "Robin or bust" dungeon. I think if my Ogre, blue bubblie, and 2nd Gigas were max skilled, I could take on Legend. But given that NONE of those are true, I would just get wrecked.

Flame Chaser is the team to use. I have most of the pieces for this except the flame chaser. I'll put some more time in Mech dragon.

http://youtu.be/nJ6iCfJR4VU

linsivvi

Well cleared master and burned a stone in the first round. Luckily I got the drop. Don't think my team can do anything in legend.

Since I evolved Batman on day 1 so I had to make do with this team:

Black starter dragon
Drawn Joker
Dark Golem Mk II
Dark Dragon Knight
Bane
Friend: D/D Batman

It still works even without the HP bonus since the team has poor recovery anyway.

Totakeke

...I'll think I'll wait for another leek.

Saw this at the puzzleanddragons forum on Anubis ults.

Per Prem's post on the update thread:

No.1000
闇獄冥狼神・アヌビス
闇/闇 Dark/Dark
2948/1100/588
バインド耐性,バインド耐性,操作時間延長
Bind resist, Bind resist, Enhanced orb manipulation time
LS:冥狼の怒号
 8コンボ以上で攻撃力が上がり、最大で10倍になる
(8コンボ:4倍,9コンボ:7倍,10コンボ:10倍)
8 Combo 4x, 9 Combo 7x, 10 Combo 10x

2nd Evo
No.1001
天臨冥狼神・アヌビス
闇/光
Dark/Light
2948/1100/588
バインド耐性,バインド耐性,操作時間延長
Bind Resist, Bind Resist, Enhanced Orb Manipulation time
LS:冥狼の啓示
 10コンボ以上で攻撃力が上がり、最大で15倍になる
(10コンボ:10倍~15コンボ:15倍)
At 10 combos, attacks are 10x and with each successive combo it increases upto 15x.

Clydefrog

I did the dragon rush dungeon on master for the first time ever... got SUPER lucky just to make it through some fights with a crap team. Ended up getting a flamedragon muspelheim! yaaay

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
And Legend is down. Replaced Echidna for Wood Samurai Ogre and took care of business. Spent 1 stone because the team is underleveled and Gigas is not max skilled, but 1 for 1 is worth it to me.

Nista

I'm having bad luck with poring skillups so I think I'm gonna leave Tengu farming to the experts. Underleveled team is too stressful.

razterik

Dark/dark Anubis becomes new Robin, huh. Nine combo seems easier to me than achieving 49x with light/light Ra. Dark/light Anubis is worthless. Is there anything that can't be killed with plain 100x?

Holy shit at that D/D Anubis busty! Even better than what I predicted earlier in this thread, which was 3x for 8, 5x for 9, and 10x for 10. I imagine D/D Anubis will become the preferred leader for the best combo players. 8 combos is almost automatic for most of them and already gives the same multiplier as Kirin while not having any color requirements. And he just becomes more accessible for everyone else, especially in tricolor dungeons. I think it finally puts him in the legitimate top tier along the likes of Kirin, Horus, etc., and not in some lone savant/luck tier.

I never got a Flame Chaser, because I simply haven't been farming Fire Mech for one. Been too busy with other stuff and farming other things like Keepers for all these Batman mobs. And I need a bunch of masks from today too. If I have time later, I'll try to get lucky with a Flame Chaser drop, otherwise I'll just skip Tengu. I already have a max awoken Tengu and would just farm Legend for skill-ups for Tengu and the 2 Ninja orb changers.

Edit: Oops misread D/D Anubis as 5x for 8 instead of 4x for 8. So at least 9 combo to exceed Kirin's multiplier. So only slightly less powerful than I thought but still top tier worthy at first glance.

Dark/dark Anubis becomes new Robin, huh. Nine combo seems easier to me than achieving 49x with light/light Ra. Dark/light Anubis is worthless. Is there anything that can't be killed with plain 100x?

Not right now, but who's to say GungHo won't eventually put out some ridiculously overwhelmingly high HP boss one day?

Okay GungHo, now reveal the busties for the Hindu gods, please!

Hold up, didn't the released rough art of Anubis imply D/F? Gonna have to hunt down prem on IRC later today and figure out what's up with that. There was also supposedly a Tweet earlier today which claimed future enemies would cast element absorbing debuffs, but I can't find a direct source for that either.

Genji

Master Poring sure loves to drop a lot of the demons, I just had a run where I got 6 of them and one of the stupid green drops. 2/17 on Valkyrie skill ups. Still have a couple more days but I'm resigned to finishing this off the next time around.

Was able to finish off Angelion, Lilith and start working on a 2nd Vamp and Lilith at least!

Kinda bummed I wasn't able to put more exp into my Tengu fire team, but it makes Master a joke. The RNG was kind enough to give me 2 drops out of my two runs as well. RNG did try to troll me the first time I popped Chaser's active by giving me only 6 fire orbs.

edit: woo! 3rd drop in as many runs!

Noirulus

You can probably scrape through Legend with an SoD Lucifer team, with a strong SoD Lucifer healer, like Zero_IYAD's. Without Neptune, though, Minerva is going to be a challenge.

I'd wait til next time. That, or try to luck through it with U&Y.

I guess I'll wait... I'm tired of skipping descends, though. :(

Pacman2k

If you just need any old poison you could try to scrapyard it with a ghostring from porings.

I don't remember how tough the Hera-Ur descend is though, so that might be a terrible idea.

Ducarmel

Is there any conceivable team I can tackle Hera-Ur with? Her 20k damage/turn scares me. :|

http://www.padherder.com/user/BCHero/

I see Kushinada is your lead I guess its possible to do it with high quality subs

Only video example i see for mythical
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY--GKgKBm0

You have alternative subs to replace the ones your missing from that video but I don't know if you have the levels to do mythical.

here is a legend run with Bastet/Kushinada
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T8oMW8JSEs

Noirulus

If you just need any old poison you could try to scrapyard it with a ghostring from porings.

I don't remember how tough the Hera-Ur descend is though, so that might be a terrible idea.

I've got the blue angry bird for poison, but his stats are terrible. :X

I see Kushinada is your lead I guess its possible to do it with high quality subs

Only video example i see for mythical
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY--GKgKBm0

You have alternative subs to replace the ones your missing from that video but I don't know if you have the levels to do mythical.

here is a legend run with Bastet/Kushinada
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T8oMW8JSEs

I might give Kush/Bastet a try on Legend. If I can 0-stone it, I could run it a couple times for the drop, maybe?

Also, it seems like double Luci is safe on Legend, maybe I could try that as a safer, more reliable albeit slower run.

Feeling a bit more hopeful now :D

I've got the blue angry bird for poison, but his stats are terrible. :X

I might give Kush/Bastet a try on Legend. If I can 0-stone it, I could run it a couple times for the drop, maybe?

Also, it seems like double Luci is safe on Legend, maybe I could try that as a safer, more reliable albeit slower run.

Feeling a bit more hopeful now :D
The canonical safe but boring team is Luci/Gravity/Gravity/R.Keeper/D.Joker//Luci, but since your Pierdra isn't max skilled you might want to sub in Siren instead. If your cards fall poorly you may die from a lack of Heart orbs on Hera-Ur since you need to wait six turns between Guard Stances.

More new shit coming.

1609871_767885443240050_211639194_n.jpg
Interesting to note that these guys are biweekly dragons (Flower series) but require evolution. Or maybe the baby ones are a dungeon drop like how the pirate dragons have lackeys?

Damaniel

Banned
So, I've been playing for a couple days now. Got bored with rolling and ended up taking a +1 I&I as my REM pull. I figured that even though spike teams are pretty much the standard for hardcore play now, I'm more of a casual player (with a bit of willingness to do IAP), and I'd grow bored of the game by trying to reroll for a Bastet-tier god for weeks.

I have a couple questions:

- Are there any good forums for people who are relatively new? All the discussion that goes on here is about stuff I probably won't be in a position to care about for months, and I don't want to keep interrupting deeper conversations with my stupid questions.

- How fast should I be progressing? I want to get to Tower of Giants (to start taking advantage of that high EXP/stamina ratio on the weekends). The guides state that this is a good place for 'low level' players to rank up. However, pretty much everything I can get my hands on as a drop for as far as I've made it so far (Neptune Glacier) seems to be a useless pile of hot garbage. All of the 'important' creatures for newbies to farm seem to assume you've been to Castle of Satan (or thereabouts), and the trash I'm finding now won't have a chance when I get there. I've even done some grinding and evolved some of the creatures I've found, put a few levels on I&I, and it still seems like I'm missing something.

Sorry for the stupid questions, but I figured we were all newbies once...

Tobe

So, I've been playing for a couple days now. Got bored with rolling and ended up taking a +1 I&I as my REM pull. I figured that even though spike teams are pretty much the standard for hardcore play now, I'm more of a casual player (with a bit of willingness to do IAP), and I'd grow bored of the game by trying to reroll for a Bastet-tier god for weeks.

I have a couple questions:

- Are there any good forums for people who are relatively new? All the discussion that goes on here is about stuff I probably won't be in a position to care about for months, and I don't want to keep interrupting deeper conversations with my stupid questions.

- How fast should I be progressing? I want to get to Tower of Giants (to start taking advantage of that high EXP/stamina ratio on the weekends). The guides state that this is a good place for 'low level' players to rank up. However, pretty much everything I can get my hands on as a drop for as far as I've made it so far (Neptune Glacier) seems to be a useless pile of hot garbage. All of the 'important' creatures for newbies to farm seem to assume you've been to Castle of Satan (or thereabouts), and the trash I'm finding now won't have a chance when I get there. I've even done some grinding and evolved some of the creatures I've found, put a few levels on I&I, and it still seems like I'm missing something.

Sorry for the stupid questions, but I figured we were all newbies once...
I started with i&i and well I could've done mono
Blue but never got a mystic water knight and siren. Those 2 are a must. Find Gabriel or Hermes friends and you are good to go. That took me beyond castle of satan I guess then migrate to dark/red. Now I'm with combo leads. Tho coming around dtron and ltron teams. Yeah it's doable and it's fun.

You are a few levels away from tower. Also that thing about lower levels. I'm still grinding that shit since it gets me a gazillion pal points. I'm level 124. So you have a long way to go.

Limit

Not right now, but who's to say GungHo won't eventually put out some ridiculously overwhelmingly high HP boss one day?

Okay GungHo, now reveal the busties for the Hindu gods, please!

The day Gungho introduces a boss that a 100x attack can't take out is the day every other single monster becomes inept as well.

And its finally time for Gungho to give the rider series some love. They are hobo status right now.

Tobe

The day Gungho introduces a boss that a 100x attack can't take out is the day every other single monster becomes inept as well.

And its finally time for Gungho to give the rider series some love. They are hobo status right now.
Dtron uses them. Also Zeus straitos. But yeah they are very niche.

Top Bottom