• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Kreed

So, I've been playing for a couple days now. Got bored with rolling and ended up taking a +1 I&I as my REM pull. I figured that even though spike teams are pretty much the standard for hardcore play now, I'm more of a casual player (with a bit of willingness to do IAP), and I'd grow bored of the game by trying to reroll for a Bastet-tier god for weeks.

I have a couple questions:

- Are there any good forums for people who are relatively new? All the discussion that goes on here is about stuff I probably won't be in a position to care about for months, and I don't want to keep interrupting deeper conversations with my stupid questions.

- How fast should I be progressing? I want to get to Tower of Giants (to start taking advantage of that high EXP/stamina ratio on the weekends). The guides state that this is a good place for 'low level' players to rank up. However, pretty much everything I can get my hands on as a drop for as far as I've made it so far (Neptune Glacier) seems to be a useless pile of hot garbage. All of the 'important' creatures for newbies to farm seem to assume you've been to Castle of Satan (or thereabouts), and the trash I'm finding now won't have a chance when I get there. I've even done some grinding and evolved some of the creatures I've found, put a few levels on I&I, and it still seems like I'm missing something.

Sorry for the stupid questions, but I figured we were all newbies once...

You're welcome to post newbie stuff here. We were all new in the original OT thread and all sorts of discussion goes on in this thread related to the game, including Japanese version discussion.

As far as advice I'd say focus on team building first vs progressing through the game. Start by building a mono water team around Idunn and Idunna. Preferably you will want a Siren, Mystic Ice Knight, Lil' Blue Dragon, and Ice Golem, all of which are farmable in the normal dungeons (Mystic Ice Knight on special days) or may drop from the Pal Egg Machine. Get these monsters to their evolved forms and make friends with other mono water leads (Hermes, Gabriel, Plesios, Idunn and Idunna, and Blue Odin).

In the mean time, save stones for Godfests/events and make pulls (but definitely add more box space/friends when you need to, but avoid refilling your stamina/continuing dungeons until you are running Legendary/Mystical dungeons). Also if you haven't done so already, once you get to rank 20 you can send a gift with a friend and get another starter dragon. You should also make teams around the dragon you started with and your gift starter (hopefully neither are the water one Plesios, since you have Idunn and Idunna who outclass it). Depending on your dragon(s), you can make mono colored teams around those monsters too once they are evolved to ultimate forms.

More new shit coming.

1609871_767885443240050_211639194_n.jpg

more new trophies

Tobe

Here's what I have and the team I usually use. For helpers, I pick an awoken odin, persephone, or ares. I would like to know if I could be doing any better with the stuff that I have. thanks!

i guess you could find loki friends? but i really dont know how to help you there since at that level i started to transition into combo leads.
probably invest into the ltron and get a healer team or a devil team. dont see many ppl running baal anymore.

KuroNeeko

Little late here, but the Chinese gods boost all attacks, even off color. You just have to match red in addition to green/dark/light if you want Echidna to attack. You will do that anyway since one of the most important part of these teams is clearing out off color orbs as much as possible. And Genbu is a really good starter despite needing some REM luck for her tougher descend teams. Post your ID if you need some friends, there are a decent number of JP players around here.

Thanks for the heads up and the advice!

I added my ID to the spreadsheet!

I'm still steamrolling everything, but my team is pretty jank.

Tobe

to iap or not to iap goddamit, thank god all the complications i have to iap cuz gungho would be rolling with my money already.

change itunes acc to my country-> add cc ->restart phone and change stores-> pray payment goes through -> get stones.

to iap or not to iap goddamit, thank god all the complications i have to iap cuz gungho would be rolling with my money already.

change itunes acc to my country-> add cc ->restart phone and change stores-> pray payment goes through -> get stones.
It's a slippery slope. I turned to IAP when the Batcha came out the first time (because I wanted all the Batmen), and now it's so easy to just buy more stones whenever.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
It's a slippery slope. I turned to IAP when the Batcha came out the first time (because I wanted all the Batmen), and now it's so easy to just buy more stones whenever.

Yeah, once you start...

But seriously, there are almost NO games that interest me anymore. My gaming budget is almost exclusive PAD.

Totakeke

A lot of advice tells you to get to rank 90 through tower of giants asap, but I think as long you're playing at a leisurely pace, it might be a better idea to save those early ranks to farm some mobs you need on the limited dungeons because your stam refills so fast. This is especially true if you have a spike lead which can blaze through expert level stuffs with just lits anyway. Once you get to higher ranks, it gets harder to grind these dungeons because you can only rely on time or stones to refill your stamina.

KuroNeeko

Yeah, the first time is the hardest. That's why so many social games will give you a great "deal" on the first pack / purchase / gem. Once you overcome the mental barrier of spending money on the game, it's a lot easier to justify further purchases. There are so many ways to do this.

Free gems over the course of a week (given out in non-5 denominations) means that players are frequently 1 - 2 gems away from a pull. Rather than wait for the next batch of gems, players will be tempted to buy just one or two more for that extra pull. This is especially true during GodFests.

I spent probably about $20 - $30 total on my last playthrough of Puzzle & Dragons. I'm going NO IAPs this time around. I have a plan. It should last me until the next godfest (at least. lol)

I'm going through the game with the mentality that, no matter how small - once you start paying then the game is P2W. It just becomes a matter of how much you spend. If you keep at it no IAP, then you rely more on the luck of your drops / limited REM pulls, but you're also playing the metagame of trying to be successful without spending cash.

I have absolutely nothing against people who want to drop cash on the game. I personally usually feel regret, especially when I get a crap pull or something like that.

Amon37

I'm going to troll myself, but if Anubis is in the godfest I'm going to roll for him to start on my second account I have ready to go.

Genji

Usually I love this game but I just went 12 runs on expert (3 stones worth for me) with 0 yellow drops. It can be so frustrating and infuriating some times. I know it's all odds and it'll balance out someplace else in the future, but it really sucks when you're in the middle of a bad run.

Tobe

New godfest starts tomorrow

Series 1 Japanese gods

Angels

SONIAS !!!!!!!!!

Also 2x drop on Poring

yolo iaped.

rolled 4 times cuz fuck it gamble addiction.
berserk (buuuu third one, fuse it got a skillup yeiii)

crystal ice dragon( buuu pos gold egg, awakened the one i had)

Highlander (gonna fuse it to see if i get a skill up i already got a cu chu)

THANK YOU GOD!!! LVL 30 BLACK VALK (already bustied her sweet ass)

Genji

Series 1 Japanese gods

Angels

SONIAS !!!!!!!!!

Also 2x drop on Poring

Glad they are having 2x on Poring! Sucks I used up stones today and yesterday, but that's how it goes. Hopefully the REM gods take pity and grant me a Sonia.

quin

Alraune's Evolution is out tomorrow morning (For Japanese Players). As was mentioned before one of her ultimates converts her to a balance type with a 2x HP and 2x Attack Leader Skill for all Balance Type monsters.

Green/Green: HP:2324 / Attack:1019 / RCV:717 / bind recovery, autoheal, autoheal
Green/Light: HP:2524 / Attack:1099 / RCV:518 / bind resist, autoheal, autoheal

pretty nice stat buffs.

quin

She might make a good sub for a mono green balance team. her 1000 +hp every turn might go well with Green Odin, Green Slimy, Chu, Artemis, Susano, Green Dragon Knight or even Zeus Dios.

Totakeke

Where's a good place to get a summary of all the awoken skills on monsters and the amount of that awakening that they have? For example, I want to see what monsters have more than 2x skill boosts awekenings.

Edit: For those planning for DMeta teams... this is also happening tomorrow
XeyUFpi.png

Series 1 Japanese gods

Angels

SONIAS !!!!!!!!!

Also 2x drop on Poring

yolo iaped.

tobe you're now one of us...
goood......

as for the skillup..
uhm
angels..
luci...
but the rest doesn't really interests me... i'll check anyway

KuroNeeko

Just curious, but what is this "busty" everyone is throwing around? Are you talking about maxing a unit? Sorry, you youngsters these days...

Alraune's Evolution is out tomorrow morning (For Japanese Players). As was mentioned before one of her ultimates converts her to a balance type with a 2x HP and 2x Attack Leader Skill for all Balance Type monsters.

Green/Green: HP:2324 / Attack:1019 / RCV:717 / bind recovery, autoheal, autoheal
Green/Light: HP:2524 / Attack:1099 / RCV:518 / bind resist, autoheal, autoheal

pretty nice stat buffs.

Big HP buffs, still doesn't feel like she has any place in a standard team other than being an Amaterasu leader substitute.

I feel like she would have had a place on my old Chiyome team that I was running before I quit. Granted, I never took that team anywhere, but I had RCV troubles and she would have been a viable, easily farmed addition.

Zero_IYAD

x2 on Porings! Wohooo!
So far things are going smoothly for me:
2nd Vampire: Max Skilled
CoC Healer: Lvl 5
Lilith: Lvl 4
Valkyrie: Lvl 5
Cu Chu: Lvl 5
Machine Golem Mk.III: Lvl 4

I just wanna Max Valkyrie & Cu Chu by the end of this event :>

i need to get 2 skillup on first valk still, all on second valk..
4 skillup on cu, 3 on sieg
2 skillup on first vamp, all on the second..
all skillup on angelion..
all skillup on lilith
sad life :X

Usually I love this game but I just went 12 runs on expert (3 stones worth for me) with 0 yellow drops. It can be so frustrating and infuriating some times. I know it's all odds and it'll balance out someplace else in the future, but it really sucks when you're in the middle of a bad run.

yeah it's bad. I just need to skill up Valk and Angelion. I'm 0 for 5 on Valk and 1 for 4 on Angelion. sonofabitch

2x drop on Poring? Is this real life? I need to lie down.

all of my stones. I'm already sick of this dungeon

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Fucking 2x Poring will be glorious. So happy. Godfest...I'll have to see how much I care about Sonia to decide if I'm going to roll.

Cels

I don't pop in here that often, prefer to try and figure things out myself. I don't actually enter a dungeon every day, although I am compelled to check the game every day for the bonus as well as the mail if there's one of those free magic stone a day events going on. As you can probably guess I don't make any IAP.

I feel like I've hit a wall though, so it might be time to look at a strategy and get a real team together.
So far I just threw together a bunch of dark monsters with SoD luci as my leader, but there's probably some better way to play.

For dark monsters I have, SoD luci as mentioned before, Haku, the starter dragon, Chaos Devil Dragon, CDK, D/D batman, Drawn Joker, Vampire Lord. Would appreciate any tips.

I'm not sure if my non-dark monsters are any good but I think the notable ones would be Echidna, Hermes, Berserk, Odin (Green), Archangel Michael, Sarutobi Sasuke, Cu Chulainn, Thor, Angelion, and Venus.

bodine1231

Series 1 Japanese gods

Angels

SONIAS !!!!!!!!!

Also 2x drop on Poring

yolo iaped.

ARGH! I blew 3 stones yesterday grinding out Poring. Had 5 drop for Valk,of course no skillups. I've probably ran this thing 30 times with only one Valk skill up.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I don't pop in here that often, prefer to try and figure things out myself. I don't actually enter a dungeon every day, although I am compelled to check the game every day for the bonus as well as the mail if there's one of those free magic stone a day events going on. As you can probably guess I don't make any IAP.

I feel like I've hit a wall though, so it might be time to look at a strategy and get a real team together.
So far I just threw together a bunch of dark monsters with SoD luci as my leader, but there's probably some better way to play.

For dark monsters I have, SoD luci as mentioned before, Haku, the starter dragon, Chaos Devil Dragon, CDK, D/D batman, Drawn Joker, Vampire Lord. Would appreciate any tips.

I'm not sure if my non-dark monsters are any good but I think the notable ones would be Echidna, Hermes, Berserk, Odin (Green), Archangel Michael, Sarutobi Sasuke, Cu Chulainn, Thor, Angelion, and Venus.

Haku lead with Haku friend + Echidna/Vampire Lord/Drawn Joker/anything else.

Haku will help you a LOT where you can't succeed with Luci. That 12.25x ATK is great. And since the 12.25x applies to ALL colors once you match the 3 required to activate her, you can use green or light sub/off colors if you have no other options. Some info and tips on your Haku subs:

• Echidna is a staple on nearly any team you make. Some will work better without her, but level her and have her in reserve. Delay = incredible.
  • Vampire Lord is also a strong sub, especially max skilled. If the day comes that you can get his D/B busty, he'll be an amazing Haku sub. Until then, he's replacable-ish, but Dark damage is some of the best in the game.
  • Drawn Joker has blue subtype. So he covers one of your Haku color requirements. Also, he has decent RCV and converts those dumb light orbs to heart orbs (which Vamp can turn to dark).
  • The extra slot can be anything you want or have that helps you. You could through Luci in there for his stats and active, GrOdin for his stats and awakening, CDK for orb changer, etc. This is your flex spot.
Hope that helps a little. You also can stick with your Luci team, you just probably need to level and busty some of your subs.

Totakeke

Uh, you have pretty good monsters for non-IAP. Play a spike team with Haku with DJ, D/D Batman, CDK, Vampire Lord, Hermes, Echidna as the subs. You can get Valk and do a healer team with Angelion and Venus, you can also easily do mono-green or mono-light with your monsters.

More important question is what stage of the game you're at and what rank are you. You're pretty much set in terms of not needing to pull the REM for a while. Just find a focus and keep levelling up your monsters.

bodine1231

You have a pretty good dark farming team with Luci,Vamp Lord,CDK,Batman and ripper. You have an Odin so all you need to do is find an auto healer friend and grab a Rainbow Keeper (tues dungeon) or two to fill out your team. You'll hit a wall eventually (descends) with that team but it will allow you to do technicals and normals with ease,Lucifers special is amazing.

So get yourself a Rainbow Keeper tuesday and work on getting Lucifer and Vamp Lord evolved/leveled. Level Haku on the side for high level stuff later on,you need a solid farming team first to build your Haku team up and quickly farm mats/ranks.

Cels

Uh, you have pretty good monsters for non-IAP. Play a spike team with Haku with DJ, D/D Batman, CDK, Vampire Lord, Hermes, Echidna as the subs. You can get Valk and do a healer team with Angelion and Venus, you can also easily do mono-green or mono-light with your monsters.

More important question is what stage of the game you're at and what rank are you. You're pretty much set in terms of not needing to pull the REM for a while. Just find a focus and keep levelling up your monsters.

I'm at Rank 109, up to Mars Crater in Normal Dungeons and the Tower of Windy Woods in Technical Dungeons. I can do the regular weekday/weekend dungeons easily. The only "tough" (in my mind) dungeon I've been able to do is the Two Heroes one, which is where I got Berserk and Cu Chulainn.

Kreed

You definitely have a great set of Dark monsters. Lucifer, D'Spindas, and Batman are great leaders for mono dark teams, and Haku is a great spike leader (the fan favorite of the non Kirin Chinese gods). I'd focus on Lucifer and Haku the most, as those two can help you clear most of the game's content, followed by Batman and D'Spindas for more mono dark options. For your Haku team, I'd use Echidna, Vampire Lord, and Berserk. Maybe use Odin or Michael as your fourth option to cover light and green orbs, otherwise Drawn Joker is good here.

With your non dark monsters, you can make good mono blue, green, and light teams for situations where you can't/don't want to run a dark team. Archangel Michael is a great Green leader for a Green tank team, with Odin, Sasuke, and Chu chulainn as members of your team (if you have a Dragon Knight, throw him on this team). Green Odin by himself is a great leader for dungeons where the monsters don't multi hit you and special dungeons like Hera-Is, plus if you can evolve him and feed him tamadras his awoken skills are helpful for any team. Hermes obviously for a blue lead, and you already have Berserk, so you just need more blue team members like Siren and Mystic Ice Knight. Thor is a great light lead, but light teams are much harder to assemble due to how hard it is to get light exp. Still with Thor, Angelion, and Venus, you can start making one, and many of your other monsters have light sub types so they can fill in as members until you get better light subs.

Top Bottom