• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

razterik

Pad really needs to incorporate tabs in the monster box. Evo mats, enhance mats, you name it I hate going though my box. I guess it works on larger devices but on my phone I need more space!!!!

Using the Filter option is great for this when you want to bring a specific material type to the top of your box.

Like Cosmo, I am more interested in max skill than farming plus eggs. It is probably counterproductive to my advancement, but there is something satisfying about seeing that flashing "Max".

Using the Filter option is great for this when you want to bring a specific material type to the top of your box.

Like Cosmo, I am more interested in max skill than farming plus eggs. It is probably counterproductive to my advancement, but there is something satisfying about seeing that flashing "Max".

I understand how useful max skilling is and I do it as well. Unfortunately, the chances you have of actually max skilling most monsters is very low since the dungeons don't stick around forever. What do you do when its an off week and there are no special dungeons to run for skill ups?

Plus, having plus eggs will really make or break your descend runs.

I don't grind for EXP and as a result I'm only about Rank 170-180 after about a year of play. A lot of those levelups came from high EXP/Stam collabs like Groove Coaster, which I will grind for skillups.

Lol yeah I am at a year now and only 121. So do not play a ton. I checked my Padherder and have 80+ million exp. to max all my monsters. Maybe next Christmas I will be ready for the holiday insanity.

Easy farming team.

A. Zeus Olympios
Echidna
Orochi
Valk
Verche/Angelion
A Zeus Olympios friend

Round one match 1x3 light and 1x5 of red green or blue. That should sweep all the lits and 1-2 mythlits. After that just stall until you get echidna & orochi up. Round 2 echidna + aoe attack. Round 3 orochi + kill 2 dubmythlits. Stall forever on tamadara by using manual CTW to ensure no skydrops. Set up your board then on round 4 use echidna + 2x zeus grav + orb change + 8 combos from manual CTW for easy kill.

One change you can make is subbing verche for max awoken tengu or max awoken odin. Having 2-3 skill boosts shortens your stall dramatically and lets you get to round 3 much easier. Plus, autoheal on odin negates the tama's 200 damage, allowing to stall infinitely worry free.
This is the team I used last time, except swap Orochi for a max-skilled Ra (or Bane). And I personally highly prefer Angelion to Verche for it's versatility to combine with Valk for a burst attack or to create Hearts on demand. Since Ra's cooldown is only 9 turns, it's much easier to activate it in time for rd 2. And if you have Ra activated in time for rd 2, then Echidna will obviously be ready in time for rd 3. I've found Echidna combined with the 2 Wrath of Gods to be enough to consistently kill the Twinlits. Angelion + Valk creates a huge burst attack with Olympios' 12.25x multiplier. Teams with 2 Heras in addition to the Zeuses seems like overkill to me, and I'd rather have the color consistency to more easily kill the Dub-myths/lits.

I'd love to try that D.Tron team, but unfortunately she still evades me in the REM. I don't really feel like pulling during this Godfest. D.Tron is the only monster I want at this time. And at first glance, the Sonias don't look impressive to me. Back in the day when ADKs ruled the land, that G/D Sonia would have been godly. Maybe I'm missing something though. I haven't looked into what teams people are using the Sonias in.

This is the team I used last time, except swap Orochi for a max-skilled Ra (or Bane). And I personally highly prefer Angelion to Verche for it's versatility to combine with Valk for a burst attack or to create Hearts on demand. Since Ra's cooldown is only 9 turns, it's much easier to activate it in time for rd 2. And if you have Ra activated in time for rd 2, then Echidna will obviously be ready in time for rd 3. I've found Echidna combined with the 2 Wrath of Gods to be enough to consistently kill the Twinlits. Angelion + Valk creates a huge burst attack with Olympios' 12.25x multiplier. Teams with 2 Heras in addition to the Zeuses seems like overkill to me, and I'd rather have the color consistency to more easily kill the Dub-myths/lits.

I'd love to try that D.Tron team, but unfortunately she still evades me in the REM. I don't really feel like pulling during this Godfest. D.Tron is the only monster I want at this time. And at first glance, the Sonias don't look impressive to me. Back in the day when ADKs ruled the land, that G/D Sonia would have been godly. Maybe I'm missing something though. I haven't looked into what teams people are using the Sonias in.

Personally, I think having orochi has a added sub benefit of stalling in round one. The mythlits will waste a turn trying to bind blue instead of attacking, which can give you a breather to heal up.

Oh. I didn't even get a single Tengu run in yesterday. I farmed Legendary Fire Mech over 20 times and never saw a Flame Chaser. I'll keep running it until I finally get one, and run Tengu Legendary next time. There are a lot of skill-up drops I want from the Tengu dungeon: Wood Samurai Ogre, Neneko, Hamahime, Flame Spirit, and of course Tengu.

As the character in my GAF name would say, "I'll get you next time, Tengu! Next time!"

edit:

Personally, I think having orochi has a added sub benefit of stalling in round one. The mythlits will waste a turn trying to bind blue instead of attacking, which can give you a breather to heal up.
I can see the logic in that. But I think that benefit is nullified by having to charge for 25 turns instead of 9 for Ra/Bane. And even if you can survive that many rounds, the Mythlit(s) might not.

J0dy77

Oh. I didn't even get a single Tengu run in yesterday. I farmed Legendary Fire Mech over 20 times and never saw a Flame Chaser. I'll keep running it until I finally get one, and run Tengu Legendary next time. There are a lot of skill-up drops I want from the Tengu dungeon: Wood Samurai Ogre, Neneko, Hamahime, Flame Spirit, and of course Tengu.

As the character in my GAF name would say, "I'll get you next time, Tengu! Next time!"

You've definitely depressed me. I was hoping to get a Flame Chaser before the dungeon disapears so I can evolve Batman and farm Legendary next time Tengu comes around. This is not a good sign.

For anyone that has gotten a Chaser, what level did you run? I'm thinking of doing expert or master.

Kreed

How are some of you guys such high levels? Getting to 100 was a chore, I can't even imagine reaching 200+...

But I'm really starting to get sick of being held back by team cost.

Do you guys just farm the tier 5 normals over and over again?

I'm above 200 but I don't really worry about rank so much as I do clearing content. Only time I worry about my rank is when I'm about to rank up, so I try to run a dungeon that will efficiently use my remaining stamina while allowing me to rank up. If I was plus egg farming more often I'd probably be up much higher. But lately there's so much new content/events going on I spend most of my time clearing the new content, keeping at least 3 of every evo material, skilling up monsters, and maxing out my leaders.

Haha this is surprising given the frequency that I see you posting in this thread. I always assumed you were super hardcore/high leveled with +297 on every one of your monsters.

Cosmo Clock 21 plays both versions of Pad (English and Japanese) so his time is split. I think George Claw M.D. is the furthest along in the English version of the game in regards to thread participants.

You've definitely depressed me. I was hoping to get a Flame Chaser before the dungeon disapears so I can evolve Batman and farm Legendary next time Tengu comes around. This is not a good sign.

For anyone that has gotten a Chaser, what level did you run? I'm thinking of doing expert or master.

It's totally random, man. I got mine when I first set foot into Legend.

And, damn. I thought for sure Mastering's active ticked down binds. Whelp, that's a kick in the balls.

I think George Claw M.D. is the furthest along in the English version of the game in regards to thread participants.
I'm rank 404. Looking at my friends list, the top-ranked Gaffer is Musan at rank 445, then me, then Woody(Commish on GAF) at 361. BetaTester (creator of PADX site and also a Gaffer) is 334. I could be missing some other high-ranked Gaffers though.

I'm jealous of Musan's +297 max skilled/awoken Kirin. =P I've fed mine 8 Fagans for only 1 skill-up so far. But I haven't been farming Fagan much yet. Still working on clearing out a bunch of other stuff, including all these damn Batman Collab mobs.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm rank 404. Looking at my friends list, the top-ranked Gaffer is Musan at rank 445, then me, then Woody(Commish on GAF) at 361. BetaTester (creator of PADX site and also a Gaffer) is 334. I could be missing some other high-ranked Gaffers though.

I'm jealous of Musan's +297 max skilled/awoken Kirin. =P I've fed mine 8 Fagans for only 1 skill-up so far. But I haven't been farming Fagan much yet. Still working on clearing out a bunch of other stuff, including all these damn Batman Collab mobs.

I just want 150 stam. I'm at 140...

And what team can be used to easily farm Fagan? I've still not set foot inside there.

And what team can be used to easily farm Fagan? I've still not set foot inside there.
I wouldn't say there's any team that could easily farm it. But I'm using Kirin/Valk/Angelion/Echidna/Orochi/Kirin off a recommendation from another player who has a max skilled Kirin. It's not easy, but practice and better play makes it more consistent. I died the first few times I tried it due to poor strategy and play. I wonder what team Musan used.

ccbfan

My goal is also 160 but 150 would be good for supers. That would be my OK lets stone for stamina limit.

Speaking of which I did some calculations on Supers. (Estimates from my rate)

Per run (average) you can get

S5 = 50% King + 50% Super = 75000
S4 = 10% King + 10% Super + 80% High= 23000
S3 = 45% King + 10% Super + 45% High= 54500
S2 = 10% King + 10% Super + 80% High= 23000
S1 = 10% King + 10% Super + 80% High= 23000

So about 200000 (198500) Exp per run time 3 for 600,000 time 1.5 for same color thats 900K

Add another 20 percent for chances of Great and Super. That's 1.08 mil.

Add another 10% - 15% for Jewel Supers that's 1 million per full stamina. That's 1.118 mil.

So with 3 or 4 stones you can by average max level a character. That's a million times better than spending 5 stones on rolls.

Ashodin

Haku lead with Haku friend + Echidna/Vampire Lord/Drawn Joker/anything else.

Haku will help you a LOT where you can't succeed with Luci. That 12.25x ATK is great. And since the 12.25x applies to ALL colors once you match the 3 required to activate her, you can use green or light sub/off colors if you have no other options. Some info and tips on your Haku subs:

• Echidna is a staple on nearly any team you make. Some will work better without her, but level her and have her in reserve. Delay = incredible.
  • Vampire Lord is also a strong sub, especially max skilled. If the day comes that you can get his D/B busty, he'll be an amazing Haku sub. Until then, he's replacable-ish, but Dark damage is some of the best in the game.
  • Drawn Joker has blue subtype. So he covers one of your Haku color requirements. Also, he has decent RCV and converts those dumb light orbs to heart orbs (which Vamp can turn to dark).
  • The extra slot can be anything you want or have that helps you. You could through Luci in there for his stats and active, GrOdin for his stats and awakening, CDK for orb changer, etc. This is your flex spot.
Hope that helps a little. You also can stick with your Luci team, you just probably need to level and busty some of your subs.

But her activation requires Water main type, not sub-type, right?

My goal is also 160 but 150 would be good for supers. That would be my OK lets stone for stamina limit.

Speaking of which I did some calculations on Supers. (Estimates from my rate)

Per run (average) you can get

S5 = 50% King + 50% Super = 75000
S4 = 10% King + 10% Super + 80% High= 23000
S3 = 45% King + 10% Super + 45% High= 54500
S2 = 10% King + 10% Super + 80% High= 23000
S1 = 10% King + 10% Super + 80% High= 23000

So about 200000 (198500) Exp per run time 3 for 600,000 time 1.5 for same color thats 900K

Add another 20 percent for chances of Great and Super. That's 1.08 mil.

Add another 10% - 15% for Jewel Supers that's 1 million per full stamina. That's 1.118 mil.

So with 3 or 4 stones you can by average max level a character. That's a million times better than spending 5 stones on rolls.
The new Super Jewel/Metal rotations have completely weaned me off of the Plant/Dragon/Pengdra exp cycle. In fact, I find myself farming the Plant dungeon for Flowers and Fruits for evos instead of Plants nowadays. Then, my box starts filling up with more Plants that I can't seem to get rid of. lol. I think I'll farm the Land Dragon dungeon and use the Plants to evo Michael skill-ups.

Nope. Sub-type works, too. Only thing sub-type doesn't meet the requirements for are limited dungeons. For example, ultimate Siegfried wouldn't be allowed in a Fire-only dungeon.

Jagernaut

Main or sub doesn't matter. You can make a mono dark Haku team as long as you attack with all 3 colors. Example:

Haku
Dark/Fire Persephone
Dark/Water Vampire
Loki
Hera
Haku

works fine to activate Haku.

Tobe

im currently running haku/bastet i find it easier to hit regular x14 and x8, plus it helps me clear the board easily just cause i dont get tunnel vision for d/w/f orbs.

Musan

Unless you have orb changers(DJ/Vampire/Persephone) I would suggest having one blue main sub and one red sub. Haku's active skill can screw you with just 3-5 black orbs, so not going all dark main element can prevent you hurting from rng. With orb changers, you gain a lot more flexibility to create dark orbs at will, warranting having an all dark main element Haku team.

Unless you have orb changers(DJ/Vampire/Persephone) I would suggest having one blue main sub and one red sub. Haku's active skill can screw you with just 3-5 black orbs, so not going all dark main element can prevent you hurting from rng. With orb changers, you gain a lot more flexibility to create dark orbs at will, warranting having an all dark main element Haku team.
Hey Musan, since you're reading the thread, mind sharing what team you used to farm Fagan?

It's a shame that Gungho hasn't introduced some more stamina efficient rank farming dungeons. After King of gods becomes ineffective, I imagine it must be incredibly hard to rank up unless you stone heavily.

Musan

Hey Musan, since you're reading the thread, mind sharing what team you used to farm Fagan?

Haku/DJ/Vampire/Echidna/Blue Odin

Blue Odin is just to get a chance to use dj/vamp on floor 1. High stats/+ eggs are a must, so you can do things like survive a hit from Kirin. The dungeon is just managing skills and a bit of luck to zero-stone.

King of Gods will probably always be most stamina efficient, just not time efficient. The skydragon rush is more time-efficient.

Blue Odin is just to get a chance to use dj/vamp on floor 1. High stats/+ eggs are a must, so you can do things like survive a hit from Kirin. The dungeon is just managing skills and a bit of luck to zero-stone.

King of Gods will probably always be most stamina efficient, just not time efficient. The skydragon rush is more time-efficient.

My point is that when Gungho designed the rank exp/stamina curve for the dungeons, they probably never expected that players would be rank 400+ or even 300+ and would need some ridiculous amount of exp to rank up. Even though they have been introducing a bunch of harder dungeons, I feel like they should take a look at introducing some harder dungeons that can also be used to help higher level players rank faster.

Tobe

man i got 3 out of 5 monsters for the perfect dtron team. ares and hanzo and goddamit im done :)

this game is crack.

razterik

help higher level players rank faster

Hahaha! They want you to spend stones on this game.

Not trying to be derisive, but the experience for harder dungeons has leveled off or gone down over time. I think the only way they introduce dungeons with higher exp rewards is if they are much harder to zero stone than King of Gods.

Thanks! Just put that team together in my game, and I needed to use B/D Vamp instead of D/B Vamp for the extra HP. Even with Echidna having +810 HP, my team HP comes out to 15868. Paired with a +297 Haku friend, it reaches 20061, which is just enough to tank Kirin's attack with 400 HP to spare. So, I guess I can try it out. But +297 Hakus are much rarer on my friends list than +297 Kirins, and I'm not sure if it would be any easier than my Kirin team until I try it out for myself.

I also use BlOdin on a lot of teams that can use him if his Skill Boosts would be more useful than something like Hera-Is's gravity or Orochi's delay. Not to mention he's a stat stick. So beastly!

I don't think you're ever gonna take a hit from Kirin if you setup the board on the floor before her, considering she's light you're gonna do quite a bit of damage with that team. But that's maybe not possible to do each time?

Anyway, tried to clear Endless Corridors just now, pretty sure I'd be able to one shot Zeus with a decent Haku active, gotta get to him first though. But once again, more stuff needs to be at max level for that extra damage. :(

ZIgB4Mu.png

Hahaha! They want you to spend stones on this game.

Not trying to be derisive, but the experience for harder dungeons has leveled off or gone down over time. I think the only way they introduce dungeons with higher exp rewards is if they are much harder to zero stone than King of Gods.

It's fine to make it hard, just as long as it's there. For example, they couldve made legendary earth 10k exp per stamina. Most people won't be able to reliably zero stone farm it, but it gives you another goal to work towards. Once you can safely farm King of Gods, it just feels like everything is downhill from there.

Kreed

My point is that when Gungho designed the rank exp/stamina curve for the dungeons, they probably never expected that players would be rank 400+ or even 300+ and would need some ridiculous amount of exp to rank up. Even though they have been introducing a bunch of harder dungeons, I feel like they should take a look at introducing some harder dungeons that can also be used to help higher level players rank faster.

But at that point the only benefit of a higher rank is stamina amount vs team cost, friend slots, and team slots (maxing out at 8 at rank 300 in the Japanese version). So Gungho would at least have to introduce more benefits for being higher rank.

I'm guessing Gungho is monitoring their player ranks as well, so once a large majority of players get to the 300-400 range, they will probably introduce more dungeons with more xp, more monsters with higher team costs, and rewards for hitting higher rank milestones.

But at that point the only benefit of a higher rank is stamina amount vs team cost, friend slots, and team slots (maxing out at 8 at rank 300 in the Japanese version). So Gungho would at least have to introduce more benefits for being higher rank.

I'm guessing Gungho is monitoring their player ranks as well, so once a large majority of players get to the 300-400 range, they will probably introduce more dungeons with more xp, more monsters with higher team costs, and rewards for hitting higher rank milestones.

The biggest benefit of ranking up is stamina refresh. I'm only rank 275, so I cant speak for the 300/400+ ranks but I already feel like it takes a lot longer than it used to to rank up, which sucks.

Cels

thanks for all the advice everyone. i'll keep leveling my dark monsters and try to build a new team around haku/echinda/dj/vampire lord, then get a couple heras once her dungeon comes around. then after that we'll see!

For a non-IAP player, you have an incredible team. You must have great pulls from REM.

ha, someone else said that earlier too so i guess i really am lucky. fwiw it feels like i got a lot of crap from the REM too, like a bunch of golems (8 or so), three titans, divinegon, three cupids, and mandrake. i only ever pulled during godfests. i also pulled siren which i didn't think was worth listing before but looking at puzzledragonx it looks like she is really useful for her active skill like echidna is even if her stats kind of stink. come to think of it i have all the healer girls.

Ashodin

thanks for all the advice everyone. i'll keep leveling my dark monsters and try to build a new team around haku/echinda/dj/vampire lord, then get a couple heras once her dungeon comes around. then after that we'll see!

ha, someone else said that earlier too so i guess i really am lucky. fwiw it feels like i got a lot of crap from the REM too, like a bunch of golems (8 or so), three titans, divinegon, three cupids, and mandrake. i only ever pulled during godfests. i also pulled siren which i didn't think was worth listing before but looking at puzzledragonx it looks like she is really useful for her active skill like echidna is even if her stats kind of stink. come to think of it i have all the healer girls.

I'll be your Haku Bro always

I have not been playing this nearly as much as I was, and when I have been playing I have managed to not spend $$$ in a while. As such. my progression has slowed a little but I am still having fun.

I managed to get a few things done over the past week (some ultimate evolutions, etc) and I am at a point where I could use some direction. I have a red snow globe dragon fully leveled and am planning on feeding it to something (I have Freyr, Ares, Horus, Goemon, Shiva, etc so I don't need the Rouge as a leader). Here's my options:
1 - Goemon; if I do this, he will go from 83 to 99
2 - Red Giant Gigas; currently only 32 so this won't max him but it will put me almost half way there xp-wise
3 - Gigas - I have a max level, max skilled Gigas and then I have a level 20, non-max skill so ultimately I can get two RGG and one plain Gigas
4 - spend the xp off-color; I think Awoken Zeus might be my #1 target if this is the case (currently 41) though I do have other options

Any thoughts?

Top Bottom