• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Seriously is there any faster more guaranteed way to get Mystic Masks?
I need 10 of them & they don't drop at all! At least things were peaceful with RKs -.-

LoL, after playing PAD for months am really annoyed that am not into Pokemon that much anymore!
We should play sometime! Gimme your Friend Code
Mine: 2406-5158-6932

...Ocean of Heaven on the weekends :D

Zero_IYAD

...Ocean of Heaven on the weekends :D
I actually stopped my progression through Normal Dungeons at that point! Beating the 1st stage of it 'Sea of White Clouds' took a long time & wasn't easy.
Any team built you recommend for farming? Would my usual team of x2 Luci leaders + x2 gravity users work fine?
Am doing much better with Technical Dungeons actually, am up to Talos's Abyss & things are still going smoothly :|

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I actually stopped my progression through Normal Dungeons at that point! Beating the 1st stage of it 'Sea of White Clouds' took a long time & wasn't easy.
Any team built you recommend for farming? Would my usual team of x2 Luci leaders + x2 gravity users work fine?
Am doing much better with Technical Dungeons actually, am up to Talos's Abyss & things are still going smoothly :|

Use your safest grind team up to Ocean of Heaven. Seriously. Don't try and speed farm it. Once you get to OoH, just build a strong Valk team and steamroll it.

suko_32

1/5 on Mystic Masks today.

Also I just evolved my Horus on my alt...but I totally forgot about team costs and now I'm over lol.

I used to farm OoH with a green/dark ADK team. With some max skill orb changers it shouldn't be bad, though you might need a defense break for Neptune. I used to bring Shiva (Droiddragon or Light/Dark Mech would work) but try to break through the armor first just for fun.

Another option is a relatively strong mono green team. You want your HP to be higher than Neptune's attack in case you fail to break his defense, which you basically need Freyja for. A Valkyrie team would also work provided you can find a reliable way to break Neptune's defense (King Shynee should do it).

Otherwise, Lucifer will do the trick, but it's a pretty slow option. Probably around 40-50 turns, whereas the builds above are 15-20.

Zero_IYAD

Yes, Neptune will be killed by 1 morning star so you won't even need gravities.

I used to farm OoH with a green/dark ADK team. With some max skill orb changers it shouldn't be bad, though you might need a defense break for Neptune. I used to bring Shiva (Droiddragon or Light/Dark Mech would work) but try to break through the armor first just for fun.

Another option is a relatively strong mono green team. You want your HP to be higher than Neptune's attack in case you fail to break his defense, which you basically need Freyja for. A Valkyrie team would also work provided you can find a reliable way to break Neptune's defense (King Shynee should do it).

Otherwise, Lucifer will do the trick, but it's a pretty slow option. Probably around 40-50 turns, whereas the builds above are 15-20.
Might give it a try, but I guess I won't really farm it regularly till I get that Valkyrie ready.

J0dy77

That is not more guaranteed... its just not as infuriating because the xp and + drops are way better

Ocean of Heaven is everyone's primary weekend farm spot for Exp and eggs, the Masks are just icing on the cake. If you run it for long enough and don't think about Masks you eventually end up with a stock pile. I've been sitting on 8-10 for a long time.

That is not more guaranteed... its just not as infuriating because the xp and + drops are way better

well guaranteed, right. I assumed he meant better. In which case you are right about OoH
1/5 on Mystic Masks today.

Also I just evolved my Horus on my alt...but I totally forgot about team costs and now I'm over lol.

1 for 3 for me. Evo'd Valk...just need another one for Ultimate and I can join the great valk party.

Where's everybody's go to place for Dub-Mythlit? Friday dungeon sucks.

No easy solution. 2x Friday dungeon still seems like the best dub/stam ratio if getting the dubs is all you care about.

Hill of Iris technical on Mondays. It doesn't have carbuncles (so less chance of +eggs) but you get plenty of pengdra and have a chance at a invade of dubs, but you're looking at maybe 1 every ten or so runs. It's where you go if you need both pengdra and dubs (and you always need dubs, let's be honest).

I know they drop in Starlight Sanctuary but that place is not straightforward to farm.

edit: Ran real hot on masks today, 5/11. Evo'd and then bustied my chu, evo'd my berserk, and evo'd my valkyrie. Now I need approximately a billion XP, but a great leap forward overall for my monster box. As an additional bonus, box space created.

I have one outstanding skillup remaining on my Venus but uggggg the thought of running ECO again makes me ill.

J0dy77

Where's everybody's go to place for Dub-Mythlit? Friday dungeon sucks.

Dub's are a pain in the ass, by far the rarest Evo mat and nothing is consistent. The three main locations are Starlight Sanctuary King of Gods and Goddess of Harvest or Hill of Iris Rainbow Tech dungeon. I run Hill all day Monday to stock up on blue/red Pengdras and Hope I get lucky with a dub but it's really rare. King of gods you'll need a good Goemon team but it's not consistent and you can wipe. But you get great exp and decent + egg rate.

I need more dubs, want to switch my Nepture to dark.

Anyone else notice a correlation between desirable drops and running out of stamina? I always feel like Gung-ho is saying "You should spend a stone. Clearly your luck is turning around."

Anyone else notice a correlation between desirable drops and running out of stamina? I always feel like Gung-ho is saying "You should spend a stone. Clearly your luck is turning around."

Not really? I don't see any ginning up of drop or skillup rates. It all falls well within the lines of a normal distribution given the (empirically gathered) probabilities involved.

BlueSteel

Eviscerated ancient light dragon on master, fed sole Laphroaig to my original one, got a skillup and awakening.

It be the Phil Goodman

Hey with a green odin how much damage does Zues do on Starlight Sanctuary?

The reason I ask is previously even with a fully lvled and +egged Ammy you could not heal through Zues's attack.

I can not remember by how much though. Does Odin's Awakening skill for autohealing push you over that limit?

EDIT: Odin awakening (500 HP) + Ammy Oh Max level +99 rcv eggs (652 +297 = 949 RCV so 4745 HP on match) so that is 5245 HP after every turn.

Zues attacks for 5097 after 80% reduction... it will only take forever, but I don't think you can lose....

Is a max skill CDK really worth throwing stones at? I use my current only on Luciferteams when I don't feel safe farming a specific non-descenddungeon with my Egyptian teams, but mono-dark is hardly my go-to farm team and orb matching is generally not relevant for the things I really want to use Lucifer for.

Seems like kind of a luxury. This is in constrast to my ADK, which I skilled up because of how well he fits into a green-based 9x balance team.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

The reason I ask is previously even with a fully lvled and +egged Ammy you could not heal through Zues's attack.

I can not remember by how much though. Does Odin's Awakening skill for autohealing push you over that limit?

He'll hit for 25487*0.2 = 5097.4 (so I'm guessing 5098).

Auto-recover would heal 500 of that, and a max level +99 RCV Ohkami would heal 4745. So if you've got access to that, you're good.

To answer your question, you need the auto-heal ability on at least one of your monsters to do it.

E: Easiest way to do it is probably to feed a fully evo Carbuncle to get awakening 1 which is it's auto-heal. Throw that on your team and you're good.

Is a max skill CDK really worth throwing stones at? I use my current only on Luciferteams when I don't feel safe farming a specific non-descenddungeon with my Egyptian teams, but mono-dark is hardly my go-to farm team and orb matching is generally not relevant for the things I really want to use Lucifer for.

Seems like kind of a luxury. This is in constrast to my ADK, which I skilled up because of how well he fits into a green-based 9x balance team.
CDK fits well in a Haku team. Also, we can probably expect a buff to ADK's leader skill, which was the original reason to skillup CDK. I'm trying (and failing) to skill up a second for a Zaerog team, but honestly it's just because I have nothing better to spend stones on at this point.

massoluk

Banned
PSA: Don't forget your poisoner in Super King coming in 30 minutes.

Learn the lesson the hard way :\

0/1 so far on my Wednesday Mask venture. Saving Stamina for Super King. Then hit the Pal gacha machine, get the mystic mask I needed to evolve Hera Ur... I don't understand you RNG god.

EDIT: Odin awakening (500 HP) + Ammy Oh Max level +99 rcv eggs (652 +297 = 949 RCV so 4745 HP on match) so that is 5245 HP after every turn.

Zues attacks for 5097 after 80% reduction... it will only take forever, but I don't think you can lose....
Yeah. That's probably the safest team you can use. You can also use it in endless corridor I think.

I have 2 max skill Light Whiskeys, so I decided to Awaken them since the dungeon is back again. The first time around I used dual Lokis, but this time I went full aggro, and Zaerog or Satan teams blow this dungeon away! Zaerog is safer since it can actually heal, while Satan requires you to clear it before HP runs out. I ran out of Zaerog friends after only 2 runs which is why I switched to Satan.

lenni

So PAD was just released to the UK Appstore.
I hope Germany is next, but I really doubt I will switch after investing so much time and money into the US version!

I'll give up my Japanese account and have the EU as my secondary. I haven't invested anything in the US version yet, but I'm too far along to quit.
Only thing I'm really looking forward to is getting more of my friends
addicted
to try this.

OMFG YES Artemis is getting an ultimate Evo FINALLY!
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif
AU7Amsc.gif

Radav

It's official I'm never touching the super metal king dungeon again. I never see any supers except at the end. What a waste. ;;

Ashodin

It's official I'm never touching the super metal king dungeon again. I never see any supers except at the end. What a waste. ;;

3 times in a row, fourth level was Super Metal. What!

Snuck out like a bandit with 4 kings, 4 supers!

Hera-Is is now maxed, just need to evolve her!

I have another Hera at level 6, and Vampire Lord at level 23. which should I level?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
3 times in a row, fourth level was Super Metal. What!

Snuck out like a bandit with 4 kings, 4 supers!

Hera-Is is now maxed, just need to evolve her!

I have another Hera at level 6, and Vampire Lord at level 23. which should I level?

2 gravity users is clutch, but a high level Duke sits real good on a dark team. Do you have a second gravity user already, or is Hera your second?

If Hera is your second, get her up to 70+ first.

Ashodin

2 gravity users is clutch, but a high level Duke sits real good on a dark team. Do you have a second gravity user already, or is Hera your second?

If Hera is your second, get her up to 70+ first.

I have Hades sitting at max level also waiting to evo. Just need to get those evo mats to drop.

If it's any consolation, I've had worse, where I bring in a speed clear team and get killed on a round 1 invasion. That is a bitch and a half.

I'm also getting jack shit in terms of supers today. Are you in Group B, too? Maybe it's just a bad day for our group.

Top Bottom