• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Kreed

Actual (?) Hercules info:
http://2p.com/3924586_1/Puzzle-and-...-God-Hercules-Skill-Revealed-by-flamedust.htm

He's a Goemon, except bad in most ways. I like how his active auto-activates Goemon though.

Edit: rolled once cause of the temptation: Hades #3.

Yeah that's a great active but kind of a weird mismatch for him as a leader since his leader skill is only for physical types, so the 1.5x for God types would be of no use for anyone but physical gods, which means Goemon wouldn't get great use out of the active except to activate his leader skill, so Lucifer/Satan are still better for a Goemon team I think.

bullshit..
friend rolled
4 roll
lucifer (lal)
valk
black valk
byakko
horus

i mean...
cmon...
since i didn't believe him after the first roll he sent me the screenshot.. and..
yedamngod.....

J0dy77

Actual (?) Hercules info:
http://2p.com/3924586_1/Puzzle-and-...-God-Hercules-Skill-Revealed-by-flamedust.htm

He's a Goemon, except bad in most ways. I like how his active auto-activates Goemon though.

Edit: rolled once cause of the temptation: Hades #3.

AWESOME!!!! I've wanted Lucifer just for the ability to reduce HP to 1. I've failed King of Gods so many times after getting heart cascade trolled. Can't wait to get him. His color could be better for a Goemon team but his active is the key. I'll have to see if I can field a better physical team but heal/stalling will be difficult over Goemon.

On the side note:

Trolled so hard by Valk again on Mythical. Had to pop Byakko skills on the devils because of complete board trolling. I missed literally one combo when she had two turns left on delay that cost me the clear. Thought I would have a shot to finish her off when she put up shield first turn after delay.... NOPE. She resurrects before she puts up shield. I had her at 2% when she healed up. It is amazing how close I keep coming with these dungeons and failing. HATE THIS DUNGEON

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
update...

4 more rolls..
loki
anubis
thanatos
hatsume no tsubone

yeah well
fuck my friend.? -.-

Loki is a great sub, #onetruegod is what it is, Thanatos is situational, and Hatsume is a perfectly fine water sub.

I'd say Thanatos is your only bad roll there, but even then, it's not terrible.

Loki is a great sub, #onetruegod is what it is, Thanatos is situational, and Hatsume is a perfectly fine water sub.

I'd say Thanatos is your only bad roll there, but even then, it's not terrible.

no these are still his roll :p

lucifer (lal) (not screenshotted)
then roll 4 more with screen and..
valk
black valk
byakko
horus
then he roll yet 4 more and
loki
anubis
thanatos
hatsume no tsubone

i mean.. where are the duds? -.-
i've never seen a strike of this stuff.. nevah.. would love to have some of his luck..

Selner

Ok, godfest!

With the free stone from today, and a 3-stone login reward from yesterday I've got five pulls. Gold Dragon here I come!

... and almost totally trolled by that silly Dragon...

1. Dragonette
2. Succubus (got one fro PAL yesterday too)
3. Dark Golem Mk II
4. Vampire Lord
5. Viper Orochi (woo, at least a God)

... those were the free pulls. Broke down and bought 5 more (so weak...)

6. Ice Guardian
7. Vritra (woo, another God at least, maybe even OK? not sure)
8. Mystic Light Knight
9. Berserk
10. Succubus (curse you REM!!)

At the very least, I can probably make an OK Dark team now. I had almost no Dark cards before.

So may star eggs though, sheesh...

Avallon

Please help me build a team. I've been playing forever and still don't know how to build a proper team, so I'm stuck. I use a 5 color team right now and I'm sure that's not very efficient.

AgdA59b.png

4Lcsk2g.png

mV20bzU.png

kMhKfKy.png

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
1 pull (hey, it's all I had)

Genie.

... FML.

Well, back to trying to get dub-rubylits for Ame.

While busty Genie's stats aren't incredible, I do think that oddball monsters like this have a place. Often times nobody looks to build unique teams anymore, but the ability to void all Dark damage for 3 turns means you can buy yourself a LOT of time with a delay.

Figure a boss like Hera-Ur - building a team with Genie in means you can survive 3 turns of Graviton Bomb (which hits for 121k on Mythical). The game is SO focused on spike leads that nobody really thinks outside of the box to use some of the less popular subs.

Please help me build a team. I've been playing forever and still don't know how to build a proper team, so I'm stuck. I use a 5 color team right now and I'm sure that's not very efficient.

Give us a few, but you have some INCREDIBLE options in there...Hot damn! Kirin, Haku, Orochi, Echidna, GrOdin...You'll have NO problem progressing once we have some team options.

Tobe

so i finally woke up from a crappy night. and wholly fuck im lucky :) payback is a bitch aint luck?

skill up progress

Vamp lvl 2 (this guy just wont skill up, probably around 13 baddies and nothing)
Cu Chu (got lucky lvl 5 already just got 3 skill ups in a row)
Berserk (this guys has really been feed a lot, lvl 5 for now)
Gigas (along with vamp this chump wont skill, lvl 3)
Siren ( Lvl 6 just one more and i can start with shardra)
Lilith ( Lvl 5 just one more)

REM

byakko
anubis
marine rider (another great color atk sub, well eventually)
Hanzo

Yomi+ lvl 30
jotunn
Susano
kagatsuchi
Fallen luci
Arch luci

so yeah im pretty happy, tho sonia and valk are still a priority.

You have a lot of good potential; Haku and Kirin will let you kill most descendeds.

I'm assuming you haven't done Hera Descended or Two Heroes yet; you want to focus your EXP on cards that can help you accomplish that. Based off your box two good starts are
Haku/Echidna/Orochi/Vamp Lord/Chaos Dragon Knight
Kirin/Echidna/Verche/Siegfried/(Odin or other green mob)

Isis is also a possibility but there are are a lot of possible team comps for her so I'm just going to ignore her for now.

I don't think you have the team cost to field either of those recommended teams yet so that should be your first priority.

In summary you should:
1. Grind Rank EXP to increase your maximum team cost, either from the third stages of Hyperion Lava Flow/Oceanus Falls/Kronos Forest (if you've gotten that far) or the third stage of Tower of Giants on weekends (if you haven't)
2. Get some meat on the bones of the two teams listed above
3. Start blowing up descendeds

Musan

3 pulls, got another yomi and okununishi. That'll sate my want of a sonia. Looks like dark okunu team is a go. I'll probably reverse the evo on d/l yomi, make d/d yomi, and start another d/l yomi.

shinjijai

did one roll for fun today, and got hanzo!

then i had two hamahime and decide to feed them to hanzo and got a skill up.. pretty happy with the outcome.

razterik

HATE THIS DUNGEON

I know the feeling. After getting a Lucifer last Godfest, I finally managed to snag the stone off Valkyrie today. Never going back in there.

Actually disappointed at how long Hercules buff lasts. If it was one turn, I could stuff Goemon with him and never worry about healing out of range. He still is a much faster safety button than Lucifer. And he probably will fit on other <HP% teams as well.

Damaniel

Banned
That was nice of GungHo - apparently they sent out the 'Godfest is live!' message in game a little too early last night. I didn't realize this and had 5 stones and decided to make a REM pull before I went to bed. The pull wasn't all that great, but I got a message this morning apologizing for 'announcing Godfest too early' and refunding my 5 stones, plus they let me keep the pull.

I'm sitting on about $15 in Google Play credit so I'll probably dump it into stones and do a couple more REM pulls. (Honestly, I should be buying more box slots, but I have 80 right now at rank 22, so getting more can wait a few more days).

EDIT: I used my credit (and a couple more bucks) to pick up enough stones to make 7 REM pulls. Got:

- Umisachi and Yamasachi
- Water Dominion Gabriel
- Archangel Lucifer (lv 30)
- Hattori Hanzo (lv 30)
- Agdrall (+1 HP)
- Angel
- Vampire Lord (+1 RCV, lv 30)

I also pulled a King Gold Dragon and Super King Metal Dragon as my two pulls from the PAL machine. So not too terrible overall.

Kreed

Like others have said, you have a lot of great monsters and you can build a lot of teams.

Starting with leaders, I would focus on these three team members:

-Kirin
-Haku
-Isis

Kirin and Haku are your main priorities. Isis is good mainly because she's easier than the other two to use and can get you through a lot of the easier content without you having to work as hard for matches. For these teams, you want to focus on the the following when it comes to subs:

1) Members that change orb colors to the orb colors you need to activate their powers (example, Verche and Angelion are good for Kirin since they eliminate dark orbs for orb colors you need). Haku you would want orb changers who make dark, blue, or red orbs from light, green, and heart orbs (ex Berserk, Mystic ice knight).

2) Delay/Shield (Echidna and Orochi)

3) Gravity/power multipliers (these will come later, just focus on the first two for now).

Once you've assembled the team members you need for these three teams, you have some other options you can look at for team leaders for when you don't want to match orbs all the time/don't have the colors you need:

-Loki (great mono dark/devil type lead)
-Freyja (great mono grass lead, so-so healer lead)
-Tyrannos (good mono fire lead, will be better after the next update)
-Izanagi (harder team to assemble but can pay off with his active skill once you have the right team of gods).

Also if you haven't done so already, trade a gift to get another dragon for another possible mono lead option (hopefully you get blue or light since those are the colors you'd need).

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
That was nice of GungHo - apparently they sent out the 'Godfest is live!' message in game a little too early last night. I didn't realize this and had 5 stones and decided to make a REM pull before I went to bed. The pull wasn't all that great, but I got a message this morning apologizing for 'announcing Godfest too early' and refunding my 5 stones, plus they let me keep the pull.

I'm sitting on about $15 in Google Play credit so I'll probably dump it into stones and do a couple more REM pulls. (Honestly, I should be buying more box slots, but I have 80 right now at rank 22, so getting more can wait a few more days).

That's always cool - GungHo is really good about stuff like that.

Regarding box space vs REM pulls...This Godfest is a bit odd. I want a DTron, but she's always in there. And there's a good chance I'll never pull her. The rest of the gods are just OK. You could definitely benefit from pulling a few of them (and rumor is Orochi will get a skillup mob eventually), but they aren't in line with the current metagame (spikespikespike).

If you can live with your box space, pulling a few won't kill you. If not, that's what, 75 extra slots? As someone with 1000 box space, I'm always an advocate of that. :p

Alright this is bullshit.

0 for 10 on Valk skillups
1 for 15 on Angelion skillups

What madness is this?

I live by my feed 3 at a time thing. Beat the RNG! ;)

Speaking up skilling up mobs, I think the HARDEST skillup mob so far for me has been a standard Devil. I've been trying to max skill my Dark Devil for shits, and he's only at slvl 9 after feeding some 50 devils. Echidna was the most painful because of how useful she is and how hard her mobs are to farm, but these devils are the most stubborn.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Two pulls:
Ice knight
Susano

Can't complain. Ice knight's so annoying to farm for he's worth 5 stones of trouble to me.

Busty Susano makes a SUPER great sub. Max skilled he's a BEAST...But since you probably didn't farm piles of leeks, he's still a wonderful option!

Avallon

Thanks for the help guys. At least I have some direction now. The exp grinding thing is probably the biggest thing I need to do.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thanks for the help guys. At least I have some direction now. The exp grinding thing is probably the biggest thing I need to do.

I would suggest putting together a rainbow Isis team for XP farming early on. It's easy, has high damage, and will get you started with combo matching.

J0dy77

Busty Susano makes a SUPER great sub. Max skilled he's a BEAST...But since you probably didn't farm piles of leeks, he's still a wonderful option!

I've been sitting on a pile of leeks and fed him a bunch already and still have no skillups. Need to farm those lits and get rid of the wasted box space.

Jagernaut

Alright this is bullshit.

0 for 10 on Valk skillups
1 for 15 on Angelion skillups

What madness is this?

I'm 0 for 8 on Valkyrie, good thing it's my 2nd Valk and my first is max skilled. Yellow porings are rare for me, I'm getting a lot of green and blue that I don't need. I'm also close to max skilling a 3rd Gigas which is not even a priority for me.

Picked up Susano last *fest. Of course after I sold all my Leeks. Need to wait for Tuesday to evo him...then he gets 10 Pengdras and a bunch of Green Porings.

Nista

I seriously ran Poring Expert twice today and got no porings both times. Grr. Guess I should use stones for sta refills and just do master runs today.

Two rolls on my phone account:
Angelion
Wood Dominion Michael

Not too bad, useful since all I really have is a healer team and a Kirin.

bodine1231

I really wish I had 75 stamina (I have 66) so I could do 3 poring runs instead of two. I can either wait for 11 stamina for another run or wait 4 and do two technical runs for the XP.

linsivvi

Poring 2x is just so so good. I mean, it was exteremly disheartening before when you see 2 porings in round 1 and no drop. Nothing beats guaranteed drops.

Definitely worth spending the stones on stamina.

J0dy77

Nope! Leeks actually wrecked me during the Gunma Collab. Susano is pretty sweet though...like a "green Orochi."

Susano is one of those monsters i can never get behind. I have him fully evolved and lvl 92 but never use him. His 1/2 damage is not even close to the same as Viper's delay. Maybe if I had him max skill but even then I'd prefer Chu Chu for the sub dark and better orb changing skill.

I fed 27 leeks to my susano before he got his first skill up, now he is sitting on skill level 3 with 20 something leeks to go.

It's rough...

Flame Chaser - is legendary really the best way to try and get him to show up? I'm having no luck at all.

Genji

Definitely much better on 2x, but the only drop I'm still getting is the stupid green one that slows down your run by 3-4 times. I do get a ton of slimes and/or devils. I can't wait to be done with this damn dungeon forever.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I fed 27 leeks to my susano before he got his first skill up, now he is sitting on skill level 3 with 20 something leeks to go.

It's rough...

Flame Chaser - is legendary really the best way to try and get him to show up? I'm having no luck at all.

Yea - highest rate of appearance (by like, 1%). 50 vs 40 stam is kinda iffy depending on how much you have. If nothing else, the XP isn't terrible?

Top Bottom