• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

razterik

The Ultimate Gigas is a serious HP tank at higher levels and you can mitigate his RCV loss. He goes on Goemon and other places. That's my vote.

I have not been playing this nearly as much as I was, and when I have been playing I have managed to not spend $$$ in a while. As such. my progression has slowed a little but I am still having fun.

I managed to get a few things done over the past week (some ultimate evolutions, etc) and I am at a point where I could use some direction. I have a red snow globe dragon fully leveled and am planning on feeding it to something (I have Freyr, Ares, Horus, Goemon, Shiva, etc so I don't need the Rouge as a leader). Here's my options:
1 - Goemon; if I do this, he will go from 83 to 99
2 - Red Giant Gigas; currently only 32 so this won't max him but it will put me almost half way there xp-wise
3 - Gigas - I have a max level, max skilled Gigas and then I have a level 20, non-max skill so ultimately I can get two RGG and one plain Gigas
4 - spend the xp off-color; I think Awoken Zeus might be my #1 target if this is the case (currently 41) though I do have other options

Any thoughts?

Not really worth having 3 Gigas, imo. I would feed it to your goemon, but I am always hesitant to feed something with so much exp to max a monster out, in case I get a great or a super and I kick myself for wasting 1 mil exp. Zeus is also a good idea if you plan on doing twinlits.

I don't think you're ever gonna take a hit from Kirin if you setup the board on the floor before her, considering she's light you're gonna do quite a bit of damage with that team. But that's maybe not possible to do each time?
It's by no means a guaranteed kill, even being able to set up the board on TAMADRA. 2 million HP is not an insignificant amount of health to deplete in 1 or 2 attacks, especially if you're saving your orb changing skills for use against Fagan, and the board doesn't gift you a bunch of Dark orbs (for Haku) or Light orbs (for Sakuya).

Side note: I've been saying Kirin out of habit, even though I know her proper name is Sakuya. It's just that everyone calls her Kirin. But I'm switching to saying Sakuya now, since that is correct. Seems like a lot of people are properly saying Haku instead of Byakko.

Not really worth having 3 Gigas, imo. I would feed it to your goemon, but I am always hesitant to feed something with so much exp to max a monster out, in case I get a great or a super and I kick myself for wasting 1 mil exp. Zeus is also a good idea if you plan on doing twinlits.

The plan with Gigas is to have two RGG (probably for a Satan team, I have no Luci) and leave one for teams that could use HP but not the negative RCV.

I am looking ahead to Twinlits and that is why I am considering losing the 500k and feeding Rouge to Zeus.

I'm getting a lot of tamadras. I have 5. I have a fully awoken haku and I wasted two on CDK before I knew how valuable these things are. This is my monster box. I have a few that don't show up like Grodin, AA Michael, DD Batman. I use mainly Monodark / Haku team or ADK on Weekends and I'm just wondering if I should use the rest on any monster in particular or hold off.
9WHtggM.jpg

It's by no means a guaranteed kill, even being able to set up the board on TAMADRA. 2 million HP is not an insignificant amount of health to deplete in 1 or 2 attacks, especially if you're saving your orb changing skills for use against Fagan, and the board doesn't gift you a bunch of Dark orbs (for Haku) or Light orbs (for Sakuya).

Side note: I've been saying Kirin out of habit, even though I know her proper name is Sakuya. It's just that everyone calls her Kirin. But I'm switching to saying Sakuya now, since that is correct. Seems like a lot of people are properly saying Haku instead of Byakko.
If you want to get realllllllly pedantic about it, it's Zhuque, Qinglong, Xuanwu, Qilin, and Baihu. As much as I'd like to stick with using one over the other GungHo themselves use both interchangeably, especially since when the art was first revealed Murako was like "hey check it out it's Suzaku-chan!!!". Just think of their spirit animals as courtesy names or something.

J0dy77

Gigas is one mob I'd suggest keeping 3 or more of. If you plan on running a flame chaser team for Tengu or the low cost dungeons, having 2 on that team is better than an ogre and easy to max skill. Then you can have one or two on Goemon or Satan teams. They're a very flexible mob due to gigas only being 10 cost.

Byakko is like the coolest name ever though, only started saying Haku because everyone in this thread did.

#TeamHaku

If you want to get realllllllly pedantic about it, it's Zhuque, Qinglong, Xuanwu, Qilin, and Baihu. As much as I'd like to stick with using one over the other GungHo themselves use both interchangeably, especially since when the art was first revealed Murako was like "hey check it out it's Suzaku-chan!!!". Just think of their spirit animals as courtesy names or something.
Yeah, I thought about that, too. I mean they're incarnations of those mythological figures, right? So I guess they're both correct? But those other names are the names of the mythological beasts, and not the girls' names. And they're girls, not beasts. So, it should be more correct to call them by their girl names! If I was the reincarnation of Bahamut, I'd still rather be called George than Bahamut. =P

razterik

Kirin, Byakko, Suzaku <3 <3 <3.

Seiryuu I don't care for, but Karin is worse.

Mei-Mei is cuter than Genbu, but she is a turtle, so...

KuroNeeko

Karin is really cute - just not as cute as Leilan. Sorry Cosmo. I've always respected your opinion since you used to rock a Valkyrie avatar, but Karin is A+ tier.

Chanced a pull with extra stones hoping to cash in on the Kindle anniversary event going on in Japan - Cupid. :/

Makes me want to reroll, but it's only one in what will be a bazillion bad pulls I guess. Just easy to get anal about each pull when you're trying to go no IAP.

ccbfan

According to PAD forums.

Hercules

leader skill: for hp 80% and above, 4*atk for balanced type
active skill: 2.5*atk for balanced type for 1 turn

1268/781/460 starting stats.

That RCV is insane.

This is easily the best descend monster we've seen so far.

Amon37

According to PAD forums.

Hercules

That RCV is insane.

Wow, do want.

Ashodin

According to PAD forums.

Hercules

That RCV is insane.

hercules-o.gif

dear god I hope someone gets the joke

xCobalt

I really hope we get gold dragons before twinlits. It's been like 3 events without gold dragons

Edit: Just remembered the super kings that were present last time. I still have a bunch of gold pengdras though

Althane

So, because of a crazy day at work, I finished Poring Tower.

To explain:

I started poring tower - master at approximately 7:10 AM.

I finished it about 10 minutes ago.

90% of that time was spent on the 10th floor, beating the masterling down.

Turns out that if you bring a mostly Green team to that fight? Yeah, you're... in for a fun ride.

I should really read dungeons before trying to clear them.

Tobe

To explain:

Turns out that if you bring a mostly Green team to that fight? Yeah, you're... in for a fun ride.

i feel you, i went to super gold kings once with a healer odin team with no armor break, 50 sta down the drain :(

Totakeke

To explain:

Eh, I used a 2/4/2 mono-green and it wasn't bad at all.

Tobe

so valk tomorrow or in a couple of hours. i really need to evolve my yomi to at least tsuku.

here is where the problem starts, im currently running

byakko (lead)
enchilada
d/w vamp
yomi
busty orochi

byakko / bastet / kushi (friend)

i really need that gravity, but getting a second delay helps quite a lot.
which should i switch for awoken hera

saichi

Finally lv 100

Got only 2/10 for Dragon Fruit... and no drop with 5 trip on expert Breakers. Could have used all that stam on Poring Tower. :(

so valk tomorrow or in a couple of hours. i really need to evolve my yomi to at least tsuku.

here is where the problem starts, im currently running

byakko (lead)
enchilada
d/w vamp
yomi
busty orochi

byakko / bastet / kushi (friend)

i really need that gravity, but getting a second delay helps quite a lot.
which should i switch for awoken hera
tobe that team is too lucky rem drop for you!
busty orochi?!?!? yomi?!?!?!? byakko?!?!
where went your bad luck? XD

Tobe

dont ever do anything out of spite, got super mad at the game for failing at goddess and rolled everything i had before godfest.

got some crap, but there was a silver lining to all this besides byakko and anubis.

soon that last pull got me mofoking hanzo, can out d/w bats for Arthur or for d/d bats. So much rem.
rvqezX2l.png

dont ever do anything out of spite, got super mad at the game for failing at goddess and rolled everything i had before godfest.

got some crap, but there was a silver lining to all this besides byakko and anubis.

soon that last pull got me mofoking hanzo, can out d/w bats for Arthur or for d/d bats. So much rem.
rvqezX2l.png

so you rolled outside godfest
and got
hanzo
byakko
anubis
?
that's some serious luck tobe!

GungHo said:
As some of you have noted, the scrolling notification at the top of the app prematurely displayed "Godfest is LIVE!" text. Customers who spent Magic Stones as a result of the premature notice will be compensated. We have also launched the Godfest earlier than scheduled, and it is available now (as of 1:55AM PST).

We apologize for the confusion, and thank you for playing Puzzle & Dragons.

Hmm don't see it on my end.

linsivvi

Finally cleared Valk Mythical. 0 stone too.

Haku/Haku
Echidna
Hera-Is
Hera
D/U Vampire

Not so bad as long as I can stall for gravity in the earlier rounds.

Tengu Mythical is the last remaining descend to tackle.

Zero_IYAD

Holy shit @_@ !
I saw the godfest sign on the REM, I really don't need anything any more, did a single pull anyway.
BAM, Blue Odin with a +1 O_O !

Zero_IYAD

Aaaaaand am finally done with Porings, Max skilled everything -except Machine Golem Mk.III which isn't a priority & it's up to Lvl 4 anyway-
So long forever :>

Jagernaut

3 pulls in the godfest.

Vritra - could use skill after Lucifer's morning star
Highlander - already have a max skill & lvl Cu Chulain
Archangel Raphael

Pulled a Michael (skillup) and a Vamp Lord. I'm ok with the Vamp Lord, will keep him around for low cost dungeons.

-------------

I'm 0 for 7 on Valk skillups. This is awful.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Man, today is a busy day at work, and I want to farm Poring tower and Friday dungeon. I've already decided I won't pull during this Godfest (because Sonia is OK, but NOT a required sub on like, ANY team), so I'm going to stone for dubs and porings. I guess my wife is busy from 6-9 PM, so I could farm like a beast then...

i'm sort of so-so convinced about pulling...
there's no japanese first serie i want and don't have already...
angel apart from lucifer are dud for all my team...
sonia isn't overly intriguing me...
le-sigh

Top Bottom