• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

xCobalt

I remember seeing a picture that had a board setup pretty nicely when stalling against Tamadra. I usually set up the board to do 1 5-orb combo and 3 3-orb combo of light orbs. I'm sure there's a more efficient way to set it up. Any ideas?

Genji

I remember seeing a picture that had a board setup pretty nicely when stalling against Tamadra. I usually set up the board to do 1 5-orb combo and 3 3-orb combo of light orbs. I'm sure there's a more efficient way to set it up. Any ideas?

Here's what I used when moving on from stage 3. Should have tried to stack more dark orbs to get a 1x5 combo at the top like you suggested. Still allowed me to get a nice combo off to start the round.

2qpQu5j.png

J0dy77

As for Orochi, you should try replacing it with a poisoner or defense bypass like Ra or Bane. That way you don't have to stall as long on the first rd, and it allows you to set the board against TAMADRA, and when you're ready for the kill, pop poison/Ra/Bane to kill TAMADRA instead of needing to make a match and risk having a cascade ruin your set-up board. I've found 4 turns to be plenty to kill the Twins. No need for Orochi unless your team is underpowered.

Completely agree. Said the same thing earlier in the thread after having to stall for an eternity with Viper. You definitely don't need him with poison and echidna.

Today Was A Good Day - Ice Cube:

FuWqTVul.jpg

I think I'm going to call it for the day with Twinlits. 7 clears, have everything i need with the exception of one Angelit for Yomi. 3 stones used and one level up to get it done, much better than expected. Especially after getting the team right.

linsivvi

Finally zero stoned Twinlit after 3 failed attempts. Still left two mythlits on the table which is tough since one of the botched attempts I over-killed them, which another one I didn't hit them hard enough and got overwhelmed.

Arcticfox

I played this game a year ago, but without knowing any better I stuck with my original 3 star rare spin and quickly ran into a dead end without paying money.

I restarted early in the week and rerolled every time I got a poor monster. After 103 times through the tutorial I finally got something on the recommended list, Archangel Lucifer. Now time to grind some levels so I can actually use him.

razterik

As for Orochi, you should try replacing it with a poisoner or defense bypass like Ra or Bane. That way you don't have to stall as long on the first rd, and it allows you to set the board against TAMADRA, and when you're ready for the kill, pop poison/Ra/Bane to kill TAMADRA instead of needing to make a match and risk having a cascade ruin your set-up board. I've found 4 turns to be plenty to kill the Twins. No need for Orochi unless your team is underpowered.

Honestly don't have trouble stalling for skills in the first round, especially now that I use Odin. Have to stall for Zeus anyway since I have no skill ups on mine. I like Orochi because he has dual elements and makes the final stage a sure victory despite any orb trolling. Ra/Bane are also light element and make it more likely I will overkill the mythlits. My poison subs are all low level and hamper my final round damage. I will keep experimenting but this seems safest for me so far.

Honestly don't have trouble stalling for skills in the first round, especially now that I use Odin. Have to stall for Zeus anyway since I have no skill ups on mine. I like Orochi because he has dual elements and makes the final stage a sure victory despite any orb trolling. Ra/Bane are also light element and make it more likely I will overkill the mythlits. My poison subs are all low level and hamper my final round damage. I will keep experimenting but this seems safest for me so far.
Well as long as it's working for you, that's all that matters. Just sharing a tip that I thought might help tune your team. Did a few more runs with GrOdin inserted and it's definitely better than my previous setup. So thanks again for sharing your team.

J0dy77

Sitting on 9 dubs after twin farming today (only got 1 Tamdra). Any reason why I shouldn't roll back Venus to Healer version and drop the devil version? I evo'd her at a very different time in the game, no subtypes and when I thought the dual resist would be more useful. Lol

ZeroAKA

Just wondering, do you guys use max skilled Hera/Hera-Is for your Twinlit teams? I need to start working on a Twinlit team of my own at some point.

Sitting on 9 dubs after twin farming today (only got 1 Tamdra). Any reason why I shouldn't roll back Venus to Healer version and drop the devil version? I evo'd her at a very different time in the game, no subtypes and when I thought the dual resist would be more useful. Lol
Resist teams ... Lol! I remember those days. GungHo killed those off. Which makes it odd that they buffed the Greek Gods' resistances. And then there's the rumor that the elemental resist awakenings are getting buffed. Makes me wonder if GungHo is going to try to make them viable again with the game being dominated by spike teams. Actually, Lucifer made resists obsolete, and attempts to mitigate Lucifer also hurt resist teams too.

Regarding Devil or Healer though, I don't really think the Healer version is needed for any particular teams. Healer teams don't really need CTW. Though I remember seeing some YT vid of. Japanese player using the Devil version to clear some tough dungeon. Forgot which dungeon it was or the team used, though.

Edit: ^^^ Gravity monsters don't need to be skilled up for Twinlits in particular, since you can charge on TAMADRA. It's still nice to have max skilled gravities eventually though.

J0dy77

Resist teams ... Lol! I remember those days. GungHo killed those off. Which makes it odd that they buffed the Greek Gods' resistances. And then there's the rumor that the elemental resist awakenings are getting buffed. Makes me wonder if GungHo is going to try to make them viable again with the game being dominated by spike teams. Actually, Lucifer made resists obsolete, and attempts to mitigate Lucifer also hurt resist teams too.

Regarding Devil or Healer though, I don't really think the Healer version is needed for any particular teams. Healer teams don't really need CTW. Though I remember seeing some YT vid of. Japanese player using the Devil version to clear some tough dungeon. Forgot which dungeon it was or the team used, though.

Edit: ^^^ Gravity monsters don't need to be skilled up for Twinlits in particular, since you can charge on TAMADRA. It's still nice to have max skilled gravities eventually though.

I was going to use her for a stat stick in a Valk team more than anything. Getting over the Hp threshold has been difficult for some of the descendeds with my current healer team.

Comepletley agree about max gravity for twins. Really useful elsewhere but no need in twinlits. You get free charge in round 3.

Whelp, cleared twins for the first time. Cost was 3 stones. 1 because I forgot about the dubs' preemptive, 2 because Yama bonded my yellows and wasn't able to kill the 2nd dub. 3rd because a cascade killed the Yama and sent me into the final floor with my gravities bound.

Could have been worse. J0dy, I used your team setup btw

We got the update where you don't need 5 dubs to deevolve right? You just need 1 color of each baby lit

Jinko

Could someone post the times for the Metal Dragons today, waiting to be accepted on the facebook page. /sigh

Kind of crazy how people are spending so many stones on the twinlits :S

ugh. about 8ish runs today and only 2 successful. 1 angelit and 1 devlit. Super troll worthy dungeon.

Not sure what to do with these guys yet, I'm thinking about Yomi for my Haku team and then fully awakening her. Solid choice?

Limit

My first twinlit clear + zero stone team:

The first stage is still the big obstacle. If you can clear out ever other lit except for mythlits then you get to charge to your heart's delight because of Odin's awakenings. When everyone is charged then stage 2 and 3 are free because of dual solar lasers and stage 4 is completely dependent on your ability to make Ra activation combos. Interesting but unreliable team.

Colby

Two Angels and Two Devils today at the cost of three stones total (stamina refreshes). Much better than last time, when I spent 23 stones for eight successful runs. My advice? Be conservative with your first round combos. Make a five-orb combo to clear the weak lits, and depending on your team composition, only do enough damage to kill one of the three Mythlits. That way, even cascading troll orbs don't automatically end your run (but that still happens sometimes).

Jagernaut

Godfest is over but I wanted a Hanzo from the Midnight Gala for my Dark Metatron team so I decided to make a couple of pulls.

1. Gold egg, yes! Graviton Earth Dragon, no!
2. Another Gold egg, yes! Hanzo, holy fuck!

I need to evolve and awaken him, I already have the other team members ready for twinlits.

Dark Metatron- max level and fully awoken
Hanzo
2 max skilled Liliths
Haku
Dark Metatron friend

ZeroAKA

I went into the Hera-Ur dungeon blind, and everything was a cakewalk until I got her HP down to the last 20% or so. I did not see that Gravitron Bomb thing coming. 1 stone and 50 stamina down the drain... :/

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
2x coins weekend dungeon with Bastet/Catwoman = 400k coins.

Also YOLO pulled and got Minerva and Fallen Angel Lucifer - 2 monsters I didn't have. Neat.

Zero_IYAD

Never thought to use Catwoman for anything...But someone on my list had her up so I figured why not.
Woh! This works! & works well! Even with my Lvl 20 Catwoman!
400 K each run = 4 million in 10 runs!
& the EXP from that dungeon is the best!
Gonna spend the day there

Tobe

where is everybody getting their tamas? rng of jewel dragons?

im at this point in the game where i should only grind monster levels and team cost. i got more than enough for quite a lot of teams.

Ain't this a bitch? She was bound several more times after this screenshot, too, but this was the highest her counter got. I figured with the way I had the board set-up I'd be able to 1-shot the Twins without Echidna, but I wasn't positive and didn't want to risk it for nothing. When she finally unbound, I zapped TAMA with Ra, then proceeded to 1-shot the Twins like I predicted. Waste of time, but better safe than sorry.

ZYj1hsA.png

2x coins weekend dungeon with Bastet/Catwoman = 400k coins.
Yeah, I realized the potential of Catwoman when I randomly used some Catwoman friends while running Super Golds. Too bad dual Catwomen are too risky to run in the Weekend dungeon, but I guess that's being greedy.

where is everybody getting their tamas? rng of jewel dragons?
For people who are able to farm it reliably, the Twinlits dungeon available now is a great source of TAMAs. 33% chance of TAMA dropping in rd 3, though it seems like I've been getting them more than half the time.

Genji

Did another 2 stone run with on the Twinlit dungeon. As others noted the first time the dungeon came around, it's never really the final stage that's the problem, it's getting there.

I don't know how to properly estimate the amount of damage I should do so I either end up killing everyone on stage 1, or I leave 2 of the dubs alive. Both successful runs I've died on the dubs after leaving 2 of them up. I'm hoping the dual fire Echidna ultimate evo comes sooner than later because pinging down everyone on stage 2 and 3 is super stressful for me. An extra 2 hits would be a big help. Would be nice if Haku got a dual element also.

toshi

Neo Member
Getting screwed by the RNG in the twinlit dungeon. Total tally: 1 light and 9 dark. And all I ever wanted was to ultimate evolve Zeus. Damn. This is a very expensive dungeon.

Ain't this a bitch? She was bound several more times after this screenshot, too, but this was the highest her counter got. I figured with the way I had the board set-up I'd be able to 1-shot the Twins without Echidna, but I wasn't positive and didn't want to risk it for nothing. When she finally unbound, I zapped TAMA with Ra, then proceeded to 1-shot the Twins like I predicted. Waste of time, but better safe than sorry.

ZYj1hsA.png

Yeah, Tam likes to bind Echidna. I think the most mine got up to was 11 and ran into the same thing you did : zap w/ Ra and nuke the twins or wait and be safe.

Flambe

Hmmm, should I bother going for Athena now? Not sure where she fits in as a sub. I don't really have a wood team either.

Quantum

wow Amon37. seriously that is insane luck.

I have two accounts - my main has been rolling with loki and with friends it has been a viable team (day 370ish),

my alt (phone) account I rolled an amu and was just playing it every once and awhile. (day 205ish)

over the batman collab I rolled a catwoman. Yesterday I rolled a kagutsuchi on the rem and holy shit it changed the way I play.

I can roll through tower of giants with half stamina 1 minute - I leveled kag to 50 (I'll evo him this week) and can finish off everything with catwoman if the run even takes 15 turn. I went from 30 rank to 47 in a few hours.

considering how easy it is to farm with this account now compared to my old one I was seriously considering throwing money at this game for a few decent mobs - but I didnt because I figure let me see if the fun wears off.

(non IAP (for the moment) rolls: 2 enchiladas (evolved), kagutsuchi, astaroth, sasuke, undine,shardran, amaterasu, kotaro, lucifer (dd)

for a game that I've easily sunk over 100 hours into Im still having problems throwing money at a REM. my rng pimp sucks - Id easily pay 8-10 bucks each for mobs of my choice.

Jinko

for a game that I've easily sunk over 100 hours into Im still having problems throwing money at a REM. my rng pimp sucks - Id easily pay 8-10 bucks each for mobs of my choice.

Aye I feel the same, PAD Z can't come soon enough, hope they have special events planned for that also.

J0dy77

Twinlit trolled twice today. Cleared the first turn with one mythlit left. Match a non color horizontally at the top of the board, he's three light orbs for you, game over. Definitely learned from that mistake will never match after first turn if I'm still full health.

Second time was just ridiculous. Started with 2 light orbs. Didn't see another one until turn four of heavy matching. Should have tried for a mass attack.

Radav

Twinlit trolled twice today. Cleared the first turn with one mythlit left. Match a non color horizontally at the top of the board, he's three light orbs for you, game over. Definitely learned from that mistake will never match after first turn if I'm still full health.

Second time was just ridiculous. Started with 2 light orbs. Didn't see another one until turn four of heavy matching. Should have tried for a mass attack.

I still can't seem to get the first floor right. I've been using the Zeus team you posted but a single 4-5 combo with 1 light match consistently leaves me with 2 mythlits. This scenario is almost always disaster. I did find a way 1 time out of 8 deaths to survive that by just trying to stay alive the best I could till echidna was up. Popped her active and found my way out of it. Then actually moved on to zero stone the dungeon for the first time. lol Of course I only need 1 more angelit to evo zeus and got a devilit.

ccbfan

Just completed Athena with

Kirin
Hera-IS
Fire Golem
Enchilada
Valk

Kirin.

Really discovered the good and the bad of Kirin teams.

Round 1 - Set up for first 3 turns and then nuke. (4 turns)
Round 2 - Played normally and saved my heal orbs when he's going to do the reduce 99% hp. (6 turns)
Round 3 - First tried to not attack as long an possible and then just played normally. After he charged up I used Fire Golem and took a hit and killed him (7 turns)
Round 4 - First turn Used the Kirins, Enchilada, and the Valk. Blasted her to have only 25 percent health. Blasted her again until she had like 5 percent. Got orb troll 4 straight turns. (1st and 2nd turn no blue, then I got more aggressive and clears more orbs and a cascade killed my yellows, 4th turn no yellows dropped). Luckily my Valk just got her skill reactivated on that turn and I just barely was able to no stone this.

Did 4 tries on Twinlits, either over killed or didn't kill enough on f1 on the first 3 tries. Last one went fuckin perfect up until last floor when I realized I hadn't stalled enough to have Gravity up a second time, which meant I had to use 1 stone since I couldn't get the Devilit down in time.

Haku/Haku
D/W Vamp (probably should have used D/W Bats)
Lilith
Enchilada
Hera-Is

Gonna try to get some levels/evos into a Zeus team for next time, seems to be a bit less rng oriented.

Althane

Rolled my Phoenix Knight into Homura finally.

So my Monored team consists of:

Leader - Goddess of the art, Ame no Uzume
S1 - Meteor Volcano Dragon (Chunky stats, active is a nice chunk of damage for now)
S2 - Empress of Serpents, Echidna (Some much needed RCV, plus Menace)
S3 - Phoenix Knight Homura (orb changer, decent stats overall. Need to punch him up some levels)
S4 - BAO Firefly + Flamethrower (decent ATK and HP, but his active is so slow...)

Anyone have suggestions on where to take this, or should I just keep dumping EXP into Homura, Echidna, and Ame?

Ducarmel

^^

Yeah keep putting exp into those 3 the other 2 are not worth wasting xp on.

For my Ame team I have Gigas and Horus instead of meteor and firefly. Meteor and Firefly are not going to cut it if this is going to be your farming team for later dungeans. Replace one of those guys with Titan. CoC collab is live so try to get CoC Flame Archer her skill gives 1.5 atk to fire for 3 turns. Phoenix is another good farm-able monster for Ame. That should be the most ideal farm-able team for Ame team good enough to do some dungeons even in SS.

For a long term goal for Ame if you serious about using her for descends your going to want Goemon and god versions of CoC Archer and Phoenix (Freyr and Horus).

Rolled my Phoenix Knight into Homura finally.

So my Monored team consists of:

Leader - Goddess of the art, Ame no Uzume
S1 - Meteor Volcano Dragon (Chunky stats, active is a nice chunk of damage for now)
S2 - Empress of Serpents, Echidna (Some much needed RCV, plus Menace)
S3 - Phoenix Knight Homura (orb changer, decent stats overall. Need to punch him up some levels)
S4 - BAO Firefly + Flamethrower (decent ATK and HP, but his active is so slow...)

Anyone have suggestions on where to take this, or should I just keep dumping EXP into Homura, Echidna, and Ame?
now you have to decide, if you want some extra oomph and hp, or just oomph..
extra oomph + hp --> ares
extra oomph + rcv --> freyr
extra oomph --> another ame no uzume

as for the team itself...gigas over baofirefly all day long :) (the lvl 70 one, orb changer, nice stats, chunk of hp, easy to max skill)

standard monored is
monored lead of choice
gigas
homura
echidna
utility slot --> shiva is really dungeon specific, i'd go with horus possibly for some much needed rcv :p

great monored is
monored lead of choice
echidna
goemon
hera-ur
homura

so take your pick, but i think you fall in the standard monored atm, but i'd advice towards an hera-ur.. solid stats and useful active albeit the cd is long and as other descend monster it CAN be skilledup but running a 60 stam dungeon for a monster, fusing it and nothing.... not cool :)

Tobe

could i run twilits with this, willing to 3 stone it. haku/haku leads. maybe kushi lead but dont know could probably replace yomi for hera but still its pretty underleveled. i really want that angelit for d/l yomi

Althane

now you have to decide, if you want some extra oomph and hp, or just oomph..
extra oomph + hp --> ares
extra oomph + rcv --> freyr
extra oomph --> another ame no uzume

as for the team itself...gigas over baofirefly all day long :) (the lvl 70 one, orb changer, nice stats, chunk of hp, easy to max skill)

standard monored is
monored lead of choice
gigas
homura
echidna
utility slot --> shiva is really dungeon specific, i'd go with horus possibly for some much needed rcv :p

great monored is
monored lead of choice
echidna
goemon
hera-ur
homura

so take your pick, but i think you fall in the standard monored atm, but i'd advice towards an hera-ur.. solid stats and useful active albeit the cd is long and as other descend monster it CAN be skilledup but running a 60 stam dungeon for a monster, fusing it and nothing.... not cool :)

I use a friend's Ares when I'm striking new ground, but I usually leave that slot to whatever (sometimes a siren or archangel, since it makes the healing easier) when I'm just farming.

For Gigas, do you mean the evo right after Titan, or the Red Giant Gigas (the one with -500 or whatever RCV)?

Also, did the PAL dragon get a bunch of new stuff dumped in it? Did a 10 pull, and had a bunch of new stuff pop up (Will-O'-Wisp, Shugen Demon)

Ducarmel

Red Giant Gigas is ok for other mono red teams, but terrible for Ame teams. Gigas is enough for her.

I am debating about Gigas the great, I do have a second gigas and one day I might try it out but -100 still seems bad to me.

Top Bottom