• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Absolutely no need for a third Valk. Just use them for Light exp. And I have 2 of each max skilled Chu and Sieg and have never used 2 of them at the same time. I'm holding onto them but if I had to do it over I wouldn't even bother with a second of each.

As for my Twinlit farm team, I use:

Olympios/Valk/Angelion/Ra/Echidna/Olympios(Zeus)

Thanks - saved me the headache. Got my full Mastering team instead, haha.

E: 2 pulls for shits. R/B Sonia and Karin. Not bad.

J0dy77

Got my first zero stone clear of Twinlits (after wipes the first 2 attempts and a stone refresh). I ran Zeus, O-Zeus Friend, Verche, Valk, Viper, Echidna. That first round is just a nightmare. First two times I over damaged and wound up in the second round and no chance at a clear.

I was trying to figure out a completely safe team for about an hour this morning. My goal is to try and find 6 yellow damage attacks and avoid all other damage. This way you can match 6+ combos and still leave just one mob on the board. It's so hard to get that to work though.

One thing I want to change with this team is bringing a poison. Having the ability to clear the Tamdra without risk of clearing early or wiping round 2 in one active gives you a lot more flexibility.

Zero_IYAD

I just finished farming Twinlits at last
Last time we got them I bustied 2 Zeuses into their 2 new forms.
This time I bustied Hera & my 2nd Vampire into a B/D one.
Also grabbed 4 Angelits for Horus & Ra once we get their busties in the US version, ended up with extra 3 Devilits in the process.

This is without a doubt the most messed up dungeon in the game so far..
That 1st round is totally random, 1 wrong move & it's over!
This is the final form of my Twinlits farming team:

tumblr_mzlp0nkSJg1srgzyyo1_500.jpg

I can relax for now

Kreed

Art work for more ultimates (Lakishimi, Parvati, Anubis, Echidna, CDD, Ifrit, Divinegon) :

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/news.asp?nid=32

Is there any monster worth picking up from CoC?

If you run mono red, green, or light teams and don't have Freyr, Freyja, or Thor you may want the Archer, Goblin, or Barbarian respectively for their active skill of 1.5x attack for 3 turns (although Tyrannos, Brachys, Pterados will be getting 1.3x for two turns soon, so they will be less important). CoC Glorious Healer is good if you don't have an Ultimate Angelion, and P.E.K.K.A. is good for SOD Lucifer teams/teams where you need an attack/healing move.

0 for 3 on Twinlits. Really not having a good time with this dungeon. I usually end up with 2 mythlits on the first floor that either bind or beat the shit out of me. Not sure if subbing Ra for Lilith would help at all.

J0dy77

I think I finally found a pretty consistent farm team. I swapped out Viper for an under leveled Lilith (67) and it changed the risk around. Rounds 3 becomes more challenging because you have to burn through both Dublits with only Echidna delay instead of Viper delay but otherwise it is a much smoother run. Round 4 is still pretty easy as long as you setup the board with a ton of yellow orbs while doing the Tamdra dance.

The main reason I like this change is that you only need to get to round 8 or 9 to have lilith and echidna ready for round 3 and you have a ton of recovery for round 1. Waiting for 25 rounds with Viper is really hard in round 1 taking 3k+ hits. You also get to control rounds 2 and 3 with Lilith poison to move on.

Round 1 is always going to be a pain in the ass but this takes a lot of the stress out of the rest of the dungeon. Getting to turn 8 in round 1 basically means you won. Round 2 becomes a extra time to get over bind and heal up for round 3.

Here's the team. Just evolved Zeus, the two clears where awoken Zeus.

3gBg8dyl.jpg

Art work for more ultimates (Lakishimi, Parvati, Anubis, Echidna, CDD, Ifrit, Divinegon) :

If you run mono red, green, or light teams and don't have Freyr, Freyja, or Thor you may want the Archer, Goblin, or Barbarian respectively for their active skill of 1.5x attack for 3 turns (although Tyrannos, Brachys, Pterados will be getting 1.3x for two turns soon, so they will be less important). CoC Glorious Healer is good if you don't have an Ultimate Angelion, and P.E.K.K.A. is good for SOD Lucifer teams/teams where you need an attack/healing move.

if they buff echidna's stuff Q_Q

J0dy77

0 for 3 on Twinlits. Really not having a good time with this dungeon. I usually end up with 2 mythlits on the first floor that either bind or beat the shit out of me. Not sure if subbing Ra for Lilith would help at all.

Are you running Zeus? The way that has been helping me is to restrict your team to 6 total attributes of light. In theory if you did a 10 combo without another color match or mass attack you would wind up with 1 mythlit every time.

I will be doing nothing but +egging, leveling up and skilling up from here on out. NO MORE PULLING FOR MONSTERS! Until I max level these current monsters I got anyway.

My mono-green team is getting pretty freakin good and the max lv. is 51 for my Artemis lol.

Leader - Busty Artemis lv. 51 +50
Green Lancer - 56 i think
Wood Warrior Asgard - 30
Sacred Angelion - 30
Ancient Dragon Knight - 50
Sub - generally busty Freyja / Gabriel / Artemis

I will of course use other sub leads like Bastet and such, depends on dungeon.

But holy lord, atm a high leveled Gabriel sub-lead will give me 46K health and I believe I have 1.5-1.8K RCV, will have to check again. With everything max leveled ... could be close to 55,000 health it looked like with the 4x health teams.

Been practicing alot with Karin too, getting pretty good at setting up the board, cleaning up the orbs I do not want around, stalling on dungeons to get the Karin skills going, etc. I'm going through the Normal dungeons one at a time like I would if I rolled Karin to start lol. Up to Vesta atm.

Totakeke

Thanks.

Parvati looks like a healer subtype on the second artwork.

Radav

I really am finding this Twinlit dungeon to be a huge pain in the butt.

6 stones used so far and I've got 2 Angelits to show for it. The 2 runs I made it to the final floor I needed to use a couple stones cause I couldn't output the damage to get them down fast enough.

So my question is, should I try to acquire 1 last Angelit to turn my Zeus into super zeus so that I can do this more easily? Or continue with my plan to use them on Yomi and Horus for whenever we get his awesome busty?

I've tried to get Haku to work in this dungeon but I just can't get the first floor right. I feel like it would be much easier with her team then with Zeus.

6 stones used so far and I've got 2 Angelits to show for it. The 2 runs I made it to the final floor I needed to use a couple stones cause I couldn't output the damage to get them down fast enough.

So my question is, should I try to acquire 1 last Angelit to turn my Zeus into super zeus so that I can do this more easily? Or continue with my plan to use them on Yomi and Horus for whenever we get his awesome busty?

I've tried to get Haku to work in this dungeon but I just can't get the first floor right. I feel like it would be much easier with her team then with Zeus.

Yeah I have not even tried that dungeon yet. Checked it on PDX and didn't look like something to even waste time on yet. I sometimes wish they would let you use a stone to give you like 2,000 pal points or something like that. I have begun to simply horde PAL points until I get atleast 2,000. I checked it, and have rolled 2,000 worth at a time 5x. Each time getting 1-2 gold eggs. On the other hand, it seems I hardly ever get gold eggs if I roll 1-3 at a time each day as they come in.

Can you get the twin/angel-lits from the PAL machine?

Radav

All Echidna really needs is a better statline, but I'm guessing her Twinlit form is gonna give 2/2/1 to Attackers.

Wow those ulti's look amazing. Now I need to get a second Parvati! Aren't we falling way behind on these twinlit evos if they add more in a couple weeks?

massoluk

Banned
I'm skipping twinlit again. 60 points is too much a risk for me. I'lll actually try it after I got my Awoken Zeus to a decent level and fully evolved my valkyrie.

I learned to let it go now, missing events here and there doesn't bother me anymore. Probably will just get finish CoC dungeons and get the egg and just farm some coins.

razterik

We are way behind, period. Last real update was like two months ago?

Like the new ultimates a lot. And I have two ready for all of these but Anubis. Bet I regret not skilling up Lakshmi...

Jagernaut

That F/F Echidna artwork is nice. And 2 Parvati evolutions! Glad I never fused away my dupe. I'm assuming the wood/light version is a healer. I have max skilled my main Parvati so she would be a great heart maker for my Valkyrie team.

This dungeon is flat out pissing me off. Always get left with two mythlits and can't burn one down without killing the other.

Are you running Zeus? The way that has been helping me is to restrict your team to 6 total attributes of light. In theory if you did a 10 combo without another color match or mass attack you would wind up with 1 mythlit every time.

Most I can get is 5 without sacrificing a bunch.

Tobe

yeah im gonna skip twinlits, its probably down right imposible for me to do it without spending large amounts of stone and im done with that shit.

Kreed

Did the US get those active skill buffs from a while back yet, or do we still need to wait for the 6.3 update?

Still waiting on those. Last update we got was new monsters added to the Pal/REM Machine (Blue and Dark Valkyrie), along with Red/Green Sonia for the Godfest.

daemissary

First zero stone Twinlits feels sooooooooo good.

Used pretty much the same team as everyone else here, Zeus/Hera/Echidna/Neptune/Hera-ur/Busty Zeus. Only real risk is 1st floor and then racing the dubmythlits while trying to keep Tamadra alive.

ccbfan

Been using

Zeus
Max skilled Enchilada
Max skilled Lillith
Hera
Hera-IS

Friend Super Zeus

For Twinlit

Failed one past once. (Got dark which is useless until I get 3 for Hera)

Charge Lillith and Enchilada round one.
Use Lillith Round 2
Use Enchilada Round 3 and take out both dub-myths
Basically Store yellow for Tamadora while charging and waiting bind to run out. (Takes forever)
Enchilada + 4x Gravity = Easy win.

Its all about the first round. If you can have both Enchilada and Lillith charged for the first round its easy (Tamadora is annoying as hell though but it does allow you to charge up easily)

One run I was super excited since after the first first I got one remaining mythlit. The thing binds Enchilada first. I make a harmless fire match at the top. Cascades dark and leave mythlit with a sliver of health. Bind Blue (WTF why aren't you binding yellow or dark). I match a green. It attacks I heal once it cascades yellow I kill mythlit. I have no chance next round with 2 x 2 counter enemies.

xCobalt

First zero stone Twinlits feels sooooooooo good.

Used pretty much the same team as everyone else here, Zeus/Hera/Echidna/Neptune/Hera-ur/Busty Zeus. Only real risk is 1st floor and then racing the dubmythlits while trying to keep Tamadra alive.

Is it tough to stall with this team? Did you get all your skills charged on the first floor? I feel like if you don't, it's be tough to stall against Tamara with so many elements.

J0dy77

I had the same decision to make, decided to go with O-Zeus because I plan on using all stamina and stones for twin farming this weekend. Just need one more for dark and two light and I can stop.

I'm 3 for my last 3 on the dungeon. Loving this light/Lilith setup. I have 2720 rcv which is helping a lot. I would like my HP to be higher but it is enough. The last round is really easy with the two gravities and two orb changers. With prep on the tamdra dance I had 15 light orbs waiting for the twins, mass attack one turn, pop cool downs next two and you're done.

With that much recovery I was able to tank 3 mythlits round 1 waiting on cooldowns.

Ducarmel

Is it tough to stall with this team? Did you get all your skills charged on the first floor? I feel like if you don't, it's be tough to stall against Tamara with so many elements.

Tamadra has 600000 defense as long you avoid overkill/mass attack or just match colors that are currently bind-ed he is easy to stall on its just you have to find that sweet spot in killing him and not have any monsters bind-ed before going to the boss stage.

Radav

I had the same decision to make, decided to go with O-Zeus because I plan on using all stamina and stones for twin farming this weekend. Just need one more for dark and two light and I can stop.

I'm 3 for my last 3 on the dungeon. Loving this light/Lilith setup. I have 2720 rcv which is helping a lot. I would like my HP to be higher but it is enough. The last round is really easy with the two gravities and two orb changers. With prep on the tamdra dance I had 15 light orbs waiting for the twins, mass attack one turn, pop cool downs next two and you're done.

With that much recovery I was able to tank 3 mythlits round 1 waiting on cooldowns.

Yeah, I think after reading your post about your setup I'm going to give it a shot after my stamina recovers. It seems like it would be a much better setup for me. So on the first floor what exactly is your plan?

Colby

I don't know about you guys, but I'm stoked about the Lakshmi buff. She was my first god and my first maxed monster, so I'm excited to use her again. One of her ulti's has to give healer subtype, I imagine.

ccbfan

I used a similar team (Lilith instead of Neptune) and it actually tough not to stall against Tamadora.

The thing binds 80 percent of the time. The only reason you need Enchilada for this stage is because the Tamadora will have your entire party binded leaving no way to kill the dub-myths.

I spend a good 15 miniutes waiting out the binds.

Luckily it does close to no damage.

J0dy77

Yeah, I think after reading your post about your setup I'm going to give it a shot after my stamina recovers. It seems like it would be a much better setup for me. So on the first floor what exactly is your plan?

First turn is about knowing the damage and including one light attack since you're stacking that way. I try for 4 but go for three combos if I think I'm going to over damage. I'm 4 for my last 4 now and have always left the first turn sub ideal. The great thing about Zeus teams is that once you take damage you can go all out to try and burn through the remaining mobs and keep combos high to heal through damage without over damaging.

Here's my last run and why I love this setup so much. I caught unlucky cascade and was left with this after turn 1. I bought time to get Valk and verche ready and three turn mass attacked round 2. Then had two turns before delay on echidna in round 3, more than enough time to get tamdra alone.

EQCrb6wl.jpg

And this is the orb setup I made from tamdra dancing. I activate poison here and match red to move into the last round with a ton of light damage smacking both lits down to nothing. Valk and verche cooldowns are then waiting for trolling/finishing them off.

dGjNDIsl.jpg

It takes some time to get used to the damage. I actually stopped using George's Zeus because he's too strong. Need to find that nice balance.

Radav

Thank you Jody. I'm definitely going to try out that setup a few times. It looks like it will work out a lot better for me.

Ducarmel

Finally beat twinlit with Kushinada/Zeus team. I did try other teams like Kushinada/Bastet, Kushinada/Kushinada but failed with those because first floor. I still had to spend a stone on dub-mythlit I got orb trolled and one on the boss stage Devilit had a sliver of life left after getting 4 shots at him I was one combo short killing him.

Spent 4 stones just refreshing, I just kept getting bad luck on the first wave, either to much damage or too little damage until I finally did manage to get one with 2 mythlit left and managed to stall long enough.

I think I am done with twinlit until Horus busty comes to NA.

Edit: Did a yolo pull on REM and got Uriel

Also wasted no time and evolved Yomi into Tsukuyomi.

ccbfan

Damn cascades.

Round 1

I kill all one counter enemies and had 2 myth and 1 red. I make a lit match to kill one myth. The thing cascades into a 8 combo and wipes out the whole stage.

Dies round two.

muu

The second Parvati with the tiger all smiling cracks me up.

Would be nice to have a healer subtype, My valks are growing well but otherwise I'm mostly stuck w/ healer girls.

Genji

2 stoned Twinlits with Haku, Echinda, Echinda (unevoed), B/W Batman, D. Meta, Haku. First kill, ended up dying once on stage 1 and once on stage 3. Should have used Haku immediately on stage 3 and just stall the rest of the time to get her skill back up. Got a devilt but no tama drop :(

Would like to boost my recovery to make stage 1 safer, I had a really hard time healing up after hits.

daemissary

My goal on floor 1 is just to get Neptune charged and then make sure my bind situation is ok before I kill the last mythlit. 2nd floor, burn a turn and then poison before they attack. 3rd floor, immediately use Echidna and target the dubmythlits. Killing both of the dubmyths before they attack is your goal, then just make sure your Echidna is charged and your bind situation is ok before you kill Tamadra and you should get the zero stone.

If you can tell you aren't gonna finish the 2nd dubmyth before it attacks then switch your focus to the Tamadra and just eat the dubmyth attack. This will make it easier to make sure you don't accidentally go into final round with one of your leaders bound and pretty much guarantee a 1 stone run.

Kreed

I don't know about you guys, but I'm stoked about the Lakshmi buff. She was my first god and my first maxed monster, so I'm excited to use her again. One of her ulti's has to give healer subtype, I imagine.

I'd be excited if Gungho was consistent with their new line of ultimate buffs since they introduced the twinlits, but unfortunately that hasn't been the case. Other than monsters like Bastet and Yomi, Gungho hasn't introduced many significant upgrades to these monsters and for the most part the twinlit versions and the non twinlit versions have been a mix bag ranging from the twinlit versions being superior (Yomi) to the twinlit versions being arguably worse (Anubis, Ra).

But on the other hand, Bastet and Yomi were once considered joke gods by the community at large and now are considered great gods because of their Ultimates, so if Gungho is paying attention, Lakshmi could be in for a great upgrade.

lmao there's a Gigas the Great floor in Hercules Descended, and he has the best skills
Great Lariat
GRRREATTT!!
Great Press
Great Chop
Superfinalbigbangreatt
Fireeee!!!

J0dy77

Damn. Trolled with an 11 combo on the first turn after 5 clears in a row. Hope this doesn't start a bad trend. Just need one of each for Yomi and Hera and I'm done for this event.

Oop, click on community accidentally and see this thread for the first time! I've been playing awhile, but I suck at this game because I can't clear any descends. :( Those twinlits mangled my poor team to shreds. I think I suck at team building the most because I have some good leaders. I'll probably lurk more in this thread than post hah.

My friend code is 398,846,223. I usually run a maxed /+121 Rose Valk, but occasionally do a 84/+20 Bastet, 43 Dark Meta, or max GrOdin.

I'm really looking forward to those new ultimates. Anubis will actually become viable outside of tricolor dungeons. I have 2 max level/skill Parvatis, so I'll evo them into one of each form. And of course everyone is anticipating what buffs Echidna is going to get, though I'd be happy with just a stat boost, particularly HP. Wouldn't mind a huge HP boost like Orochi got, though I doubt that'll happen since she's a Healer. Don't care about leader skill, since it probably still won't make her a viable leader.

New favorite Twinlit team: Zeus/Verche/Green Odin/Echidna/Orochi/Zeus. With at least three awakenings on Odin, you get to watch mythlits/Tamadra bounce binds off him while you manipulate your board. Just don't take anything else with green element or it will be bound forever.
Hmm ... I forgot about GrOdin and just tried swapping my Valk and Angelion for Verche and Odin after seeing your post. It does make it easier to stall in the first rd and Odin's Skill Boosts reduce the need to stall even further. However I almost died after killing TAMADRA prematurely and going into the boss rd with Echidna still bound. Luckily I was able to kill 1 Twin and got an extra turn to attack when the other did its power up special. With Odin unable to be bound, I can't match Wood orbs on TAMADRA without chipping away at its health. But I'll try it a few more times, because the first rd is definitely the most dangerous and this team comp seems to be safer, especially if I leave 2 Mythlits alive, Odin gives me a better chance to kill 1 of them instead of having the entire team bound and unable to attack.

As for Orochi, you should try replacing it with a poisoner or defense bypass like Ra or Bane. That way you don't have to stall as long on the first rd, and it allows you to set the board against TAMADRA, and when you're ready for the kill, pop poison/Ra/Bane to kill TAMADRA instead of needing to make a match and risk having a cascade ruin your set-up board. I've found 4 turns to be plenty to kill the Twins. No need for Orochi unless your team is underpowered.

Top Bottom