• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Red Giant Gigas is ok for other mono red teams, but terrible for Ame teams. Gigas is enough for her.

I am debating about Gigas the great, I do have a second gigas and one day I might try it out but -100 still seems bad to me.

for monored either gigas (standard) or gigas the great..
red giant gigas is good ONLY for goemon teams..
red has already a crappy rcv, so by using a -500 red giant gigas you're stuck with a pathetic low rcv :p

Ducarmel

O.K. I figured as much, I have seen mono red users use Red Giant Gigas because they liked his HP.

@Tobe I would consider a gravity user, unless your that confident 12x atk every turn is enough on the boss, also need to be sure your HP is above 13,334 to tank the preemptive on floor 3.

linsivvi

Yeah I just got trolled twice in a roll too.

First attempt, 2 light orbs. Tried mass attacks and then a whole bunch of light orbs cascade wiped everything.

Second attempt, set up a neat 4 combo with a mass attack, then a gigantic 7 dark orb cascade left me flabbergasted.

J0dy77

Yeah I just got trolled twiced in a roll too.

First attempt, 2 light orbs. Tried mass attacks and then a whole bunch of light orbs cascade wiped everything.

Second attempt, set up a neat 4 combo with a mass attack, then a gigantic 7 dark orb cascade left me flabbergasted.

I'm determined to find a team that can just avoid the first round. If I had 2 mobs with 6 skill cooldown awakenings you could theoretically blitz your way into round 3.

Have to figure that team out. I need Odin.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm determined to find a team that can just avoid the first round. If I had 2 mobs with 6 skill cooldown awakenings you could theoretically blitz your way into round 3.

Have to figure that team out. I need Odin.

Tengu and BlOdin could do that.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
My dumb ass thought Horus busty only needed 1 Angelit. I hate these materials so much. Makes me want to take a long break.

I'm not bothering with Twinlits this time. I tried a few times and had bad luck with round 1 every time but one. So...Coin farming is more fun anyways, ha.

Gonna try to get some levels/evos into a Zeus team for next time, seems to be a bit less rng oriented.

I've got bad news for you....

My dumb ass thought Horus busty only needed 1 Angelit. I hate these materials so much. Makes me want to take a long break.

yes. These twinlit materials are just brutal. Although, I'm impressed Gungho made a dungeon you can't path&decision you're way through.

On the other hand, it's such a troll dungeon.

Kreed

Anyone know of any/have any examples of Red Sonia being useful (youtube/strategies)? I pulled one during the Godfest and am trying to figure out if I should waste any time leveling her up or if she's just a trophy.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Wait is that a good thing ? seems to me if you don't have the right set up you're SOL with this dungeon. (more than usual)

This dungeon is easily the biggest dick move so far. I would love to see what GungHo considers to be "the team" to use that can reliably 0-stone without risk of orb trolling. You want to think they took some of this into consideration.

Tobe

Anyone know of any/have any examples of Red Sonia being useful (youtube/strategies)? I pulled one during the Godfest and am trying to figure out if I should waste any time leveling her up or if she's just a trophy.

great for dtron teams, actually she is a monster, she aint a trophy. level her up.

Limit

After experimenting with a few more team combinations for twinlit this is what works for me the best:

Ra leaders, Echidna, Ultimate Orochi, Hera is, Green Odin

The first attack on the first level of the dungeon is make or break time. Kill 2 lits and you will make it to 4th stage no problem. Killing 1 lit is ok too but you have to rely on luck that the mythlits try to bind Odin instead of binding others and lowering firepower needed in taking out other lits. I have found this setup more reliable than a Zeus team. But I think for now I am done with this dungeon anyways now that I have acquired 2 twinlits needed for Ra Ultimate. Will tackle this dungeon again when the Ra ultimate debuts in the U.S.

Well, I mean, you're guaranteed to have some kind of damage multiplier on the first turn at least. :p

You are. And then RNG gives you 1 to 2 light orbs. Or a complete lack of healing if you leave 2 mythlits alive

Wait is that a good thing ? seems to me if you don't have the right set up you're SOL with this dungeon. (more than usual)

I didn't say it was a GOOD thing. It's just a dungeon that requires a 'perfect' team composition and requires a great deal of strategy.

Just about every other descend, you can put together your burst team and just face roll through (outside of orb trolling). This one is considerably more difficult.

Ducarmel

Athena
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPmRK0wWan0

twinlit @ J0dy77 maybe this is the team for you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz0e6UlvOPU

google search of the japanese names typically bring in better results
https://www.google.com/search?q=赤龍喚...喚士・ソニア&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tbm=vid

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
No Kush or Belial...Susano probably isn't a fair sub because 75% vs 50% isn't enough I don't think. And what purpose does Belial serve?

quin

13901823589410d7rk3.jpg

This team works amazingly well for Zeus! It helps to have everyone max skilled though so that you don't need to stall as long on floor two.
Swapping Persephone out for Echidina might be a little safer on floor four as well.

Red Sonia is such a great monster

Amon37

It is 2x king right? I just ran ruby dragons 4 times and got 20 little dragons, no king invades, no tama invades.

gungtrolled

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
this is an absurd team with an absurd amount of tamas invested. there is no way in the us server that anybody has that team (unless youve spent at least 1k usd.)

Not really - I have like 8 in my box that I have no real use for at the moment...That's after the 15-20 I've used?

Ducarmel

Belial is counter...So skill boost it is! I wonder if it can be any devil with similar awakenings...

He got a buff along with Minerva and others that also got additional effect. So he counters and change green to red.

I think he used the counter in the end just in case he did not one shot angelit so he could kamikaze at least.

edit:beaten.

After two weeks of farming fire mech dragon it looks like I'm going to be coming up without the fire chaser. Fire mech dragon dungeon, this is the second time you've screwed me on drops (first time being a year ago). Maybe this time it won't take a year for you to return.

I hate this dungeon so much...

Colby

I'm at three Angelits and seven Devilits. I wanted Angels, dammit! I can make Super Saiyan Horus, at least...hopefully a lot of monsters down the line use Devils. What do we know uses Devils? Hera, Vampire, and Zeus is it, right?

Kreed

The Twinlits team looks interesting but I don't have Belial or Kushinada (like nicoga3000, I do have Susano but I don't think his skill is strong enough). Now that I think about it though, Nebradisk could work for this team in place of Purple Stone Dragon and I could combine it with Susano. Not sure who I'd use in place of Belial though...maybe one of the Ogres for skill boosts.

13901823589410d7rk3.jpg

This team works amazingly well for Zeus! It helps to have everyone max skilled though so that you don't need to stall as long on floor two.
Swapping Persephone out for Echidina might be a little safer on floor four as well.

Red Sonia is such a great monster

Surprised they aren't using Hera-Ur at all. She seems like the perfect pairing for Red Sonia. I don't have Venus though/but I'm assuming I could sub in P.E.K.K.A. unless she's serving another purpose besides healing from the Lucifer Canon.

I'll work on Sonia a bit/make her my new red monster focus.

ccbfan

Nice just had the perfect Twinlit run as my last one.

No stones.
Mythlit
Blue Double Orb
Tamadora
Light Twinlit

Overall went 2 of 4 for twinlits over the weekend.

All 2 of my loses are because of killing Round 1 too quickly and getting destroyed round 2. Each time it was cascades.

After round 1 though its easy.

KuroNeeko

Starting to hit a wall with my 5★ Mei-mei team. I knew I'd get there eventually but I was hoping to make it to the next water dungeon so I could start farming stuff for my Plessie starter.

Just finished Tower of Giants and am in Fire Forest Nerva(?). The fire enemies are just killing my damage.

Here's my current set-up. I've only spent 5 stones on a pull so far (Cupid) so I'm pretty limited with what I have.

I stated this a while back as well but, it still really feels like the game has changed - not just the direction of the late-game dungeons. When I was playing 6 + months ago, it was pretty common to see healer units / mono-boost units appearing on friend lists. I could throw up a Siren, borrow a damage reducer, and go hit one of the dragon dungeons. I don't see any of that now. Maybe it's because I'm still only rank 19 and players only stay in this level range for a very short time, but it seems really stagnate. Maybe there are just fewer newer players in general?

Limit

Hera Ur leaders have really declined in popularity over the last few weeks for some reason. Don't know where everyone is migrating to.

quin

Surprised they aren't using Hera-Ur at all. She seems like the perfect pairing for Red Sonia. I don't have Venus though/but I'm assuming I could sub in P.E.K.K.A. unless she's serving another purpose besides healing from the Lucifer Canon.

I'll work on Sonia a bit/make her my new red monster focus.

Hera-ur is overkill. You don't need that much damage. Think of the 2x light bonus as her.

The reason you may want an orb changer or delay is to survive the chimeras. That's 1.6million hp to get rid-of in most cases 1 turn.
Venus is there only for 'change the world' i want to make sure Zeus dies on the first turn. You could sub in anyone else you want

With Sonia's ability(and king baddie) you're looking at about ~4.5million worth of damage minimum

Starting to hit a wall with my 5★ Mei-mei team. I knew I'd get there eventually but I was hoping to make it to the next water dungeon so I could start farming stuff for my Plessie starter.

Just finished Tower of Giants and am in Fire Forest Nerva(?). The fire enemies are just killing my damage.

Here's my current set-up. I've only spent 5 stones on a pull so far (Cupid) so I'm pretty limited with what I have.

I stated this a while back as well but, it still really feels like the game has changed - not just the direction of the late-game dungeons. When I was playing 6 + months ago, it was pretty common to see healer units / mono-boost units appearing on friend lists. I could throw up a Siren, borrow a damage reducer, and go hit one of the dragon dungeons. I don't see any of that now. Maybe it's because I'm still only rank 19 and players only stay in this level range for a very short time, but it seems really stagnate. Maybe there are just fewer newer players in general?

The game has irreversibly shifted towards favoring spike leaders.

Also JP has a new thing that apparently just started (I haven't paid attention to JP scheduling for a week since I've just been farming COSITA for mystic knights all week) where guerilla dungeons can now happen on XX:30 instead of on the hour. Weird.

KuroNeeko

The game has irreversibly shifted towards favoring spike leaders.

Also JP has a new thing that apparently just started (I haven't paid attention to JP scheduling for a week since I've just been farming COSITA for mystic knights all week) where guerilla dungeons can now happen on XX:30 instead of on the hour. Weird.

How do you all feel about that in general. I mean, it's pretty clear that P&D is still raking in crazy amounts of cash, but do you feel like the game is on the decline? I know GH is trying to get other games out there while the going is good. I tried Divine Gate (which is done by Gung Ho and Acquire, GH's subsidiary company) and it just didn't seem to have the same appeal. Maybe I didn't go far enough into the game, but it just seems a lot shallower than P&D.

J0dy77

Tengu and BlOdin could do that.

Yeah. No Odin for me on any account ever. Really want green.

That team is well out of my reach and no chance I'm max skilling a big baddie.

How do you all feel about that in general. I mean, it's pretty clear that P&D is still raking in crazy amounts of cash, but do you feel like the game is on the decline? I know GH is trying to get other games out there while the going is good. I tried Divine Gate (which is done by Gung Ho and Acquire, GH's subsidiary company) and it just didn't seem to have the same appeal. Maybe I didn't go far enough into the game, but it just seems a lot shallower than P&D.

I still thoroughly enjoy the game. As broken as the overall mechanics can be, gung-ho does an amazing job with the dungeons. Each one is extremely well balanced and they do find ways to make them feel different/challenging. Those big descended victories are what keep me playing. The change to spike has mostly been for the better but we've said before they need more for long term success.

Well spike teams in general are more skill testing than HP/RCV boosting teams, which plays well to the Puzzle part of P&D.

In general though it's a consequence of the inflationary power creep. If you've noticed, every time GungHo accidentally makes an OP monster (Horus, Lucifer), they raise the baseline difficulty to keep people spending stones on their dungeons. They can't balance the monsters by nerfing them either, because the whales who threw thousands of dollars to +297/maxSL/(*) the monster are going to get pissed.

P&D has started to run out of steam in Japan; their new user acquisition rate has slowed (the X million user celebration events are getting spaced farther and farther apart) and the amount of money they make month over month has reversed direction. I think outside of Japan they are growing but still fail to break the Top 10 unless a Godfest is going on.

I think as players tire of PAD they'll try out other F2P games, but the issue with most of the ones I've played is that they are either shit from a fundamental gameplay perspective or they aggresively push IAP onto the player. So instead of playing another F2P game the userbase will just exit the market altogether.

ccbfan

Well spike teams in general are more skill testing than HP/RCV boosting teams, which plays well to the Puzzle part of P&D.

In general though it's a consequence of the inflationary power creep. If you've noticed, every time GungHo accidentally makes an OP monster (Horus, Lucifer), they raise the baseline difficulty to keep people spending stones on their dungeons. They can't balance the monsters by nerfing them either, because the whales who threw thousands of dollars to +297/maxSL/(*) the monster are going to get pissed.

P&D has started to run out of steam in Japan; their new user acquisition rate has slowed (the X million user celebration events are getting spaced farther and farther apart) and the amount of money they make month over month has reversed direction. I think outside of Japan they are growing but still fail to break the Top 10 unless a Godfest is going on.

I think as players tire of PAD they'll try out other F2P games, but the issue with most of the ones I've played is that they are either shit from a fundamental gameplay perspective or they aggresively push IAP onto the player. So instead of playing another F2P game the userbase will just exit the market altogether.

Their biggest mistake was Lucifer.

Horus while the highest spike didn't have enough damage to wipe out a majority of the tougher descends. Ra while powerful still took skill and can be trolled.

When Lucifer came out it was a a skill less insta win button.

To counter Lucifer it lead to the power creep and the death of any team that's not spike teams since the only way to counter Luci is to take out all defense/stall teams.

Now every descend is kill or be killed.

Top Bottom