• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

GungHo you so funny! I actually wanted Dub-myths more than TAMAs from the Twinlit dungeon, and GH apparently made TAMAs drop more often than the Dubs for me. I max awoken several more monsters and still have 15 TAMAs with no obvious targets for them. While I'm sitting on a single Dub-myth and needing a bunch more for all the monsters I want to evo.

I max skilled my Raphael with 11 Angelits and have 12 more in reserve for all the upcoming ultimates. Still wanting a D.Tron to feed my Devilits to. Sitting on 18 and already evo'd all the monsters that require them. I guess I'll just hold onto them.

Also got 17 Mythlits from the dungeon, so I'll probably try to do some Ogre skill-ups after farming some Keepers tomorrow. Already have a bunch of Samurai Ogres from the Fire Mech dungeon.

xCobalt

GungHo you so funny! I actually wanted Dub-myths more than TAMAs from the Twinlit dungeon, and GH apparently made TAMAs drop more often than the Dubs for me. I max awoken several more monsters and still have 15 TAMAs with no obvious targets for them. While I'm sitting on a single Dub-myth and needing a bunch more for all the monsters I want to evo.

I wish our luck was reversed. Got like 8 dubs and 1 tama for my runs

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

I max skilled my Raphael with 11 Angelits and have 12 more in reserve for all the upcoming ultimates. Still wanting a D.Tron to feed my Devilits to. Sitting on 18 and already evo'd all the monsters that require them. I guess I'll just hold onto them.

Also got 17 Mythlits from the dungeon, so I'll probably try to do some Ogre skill-ups after farming some Keepers tomorrow. Already have a bunch of Samurai Ogres from the Fire Mech dungeon.

If mythlits dropped more, I'd have mine skilled up by now. Since they're so fucking rare, I've only got a few skill levels across my ogres. Godspeed sir.

daemissary

So if my only viable leaders to tackle descended dungeons are Byakko and Luci am I just screwed for Zeus Dios?

The Luci teams on pdx seem fairly unreliable for someone like me who only has like 40 plus eggs on theirs.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So if my only viable leaders to tackle descended dungeons are Byakko and Luci am I just screwed for Zeus Dios?

The Luci teams on pdx seem fairly unreliable for someone like me who only has like 40 plus eggs on theirs.

Yes.

Dios is no joke. Seriously. He hits SO hard. Kirin and Ra are really the only reliable 0-stone builds, and even those are sketchy.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yeah...I mean, I want him for my balanced Cu team but I don't need him. Since I am non IAP, I will just continue to bide my time.

There are subs that are easier to obtain and just as good. Better? Probably not, like Cosmo said, clearing Dios should be up there with your deep end-game goals.

85 packs were reduced to $49.99 in the JP version...

Oh? Hope that comes to US with the iOS -> Android update, ha.

Radav

Yes.

Dios is no joke. Seriously. He hits SO hard. Kirin and Ra are really the only reliable 0-stone builds, and even those are sketchy.

Holy crap this dungeon. DAT first floor... my god. I've tried unsuccessfully to acquire him each time the dungeon has come around only to fail miserably on the first floor every time. I never put too much effort into it because he's not a crazy useful sub but just wanted to try and beat it for the accomplishment. The first floor is so brutal. If you're lucky enough to take out highlander in one shot. Berserk is there to bind any fire elements you have for 10 turns. Now you're stuck trying to stall while he's nearly 1 shotting you. This is normally where my attempts end. Inevitably I run out of hearts and I get melted. Not today, I finally was able to stall the 10 turns and take out berserk. To do it though I had to pop echidna on him then take 4 turns to kill him so that I only needed 6 turns to get to Zeus and get her back up. Long story short, because I can't seem to get screenshots reliably on my tablet without messing up PAD. I made it to zeus after using 2 turns on griffin, archangel and hera. I had just enough hp to be sitting with 15 hp after Zeus's pre-emptive. Made two large combos the second one had 2 different sets of enhanced fire orbs from Hera-Ur's active ability and killed him in two turns. Definitely the hardest dungeon I've beaten and I'm glad I won't have to worry about doing that again any time in the near future.

My team was Kirin/Kirin
Echidna, Hera-Ur, Hera-Is - Valk

I have 4 Tams sitting in my box and could use some help.

My main options :

Haku - Shes already at 2. Use her basically for high level farming (SS Zeus)
L.Meta - Bind resist, and heal. Won't be able to get the skill up one. I don't see this as incredibly useful as I don't use her much on teams where binding is an option.
Yomi - I'll busty her to D/L tomorrow. Will probably use on Haku team or maybe a lead

Have a bunch of other options as well, but those seem to be my main focus.

Thoughts?

I have 4 Tams sitting in my box and could use some help.

My main options :

Haku - Shes already at 2. Use her basically for high level farming (SS Zeus)
L.Meta - Bind resist, and heal. Won't be able to get the skill up one. I don't see this as incredibly useful as I don't use her much on teams where binding is an option.
Yomi - I'll busty her to D/L tomorrow. Will probably use on Haku team or maybe a lead

Have a bunch of other options as well, but those seem to be my main focus.

Thoughts?
Go with Yomi. Double orb extension awakenings is great for any team that she's on.

L.Tron has overall better awakenings, but I'm lukewarm on even using her on any teams. Would wait to see if she becomes an important member in any top teams.

Haku is lowest priority. I put enhanced orb awakenings on a low tier list. They don't usually make a big difference in damage output during normal attacks. And when you activate Haku's skill, they aren't enhanced by her awakenings, which is when enhanced orbs would have the biggest affect on burst damage.

Thanks guys. Was thinking Yomi as well.

What team do you use to reliably farm SS Zeus?

'reliable' is always subject to orb trolling, but i usually go with

Haku (max)
Ur (max)
Is (max
Echidna (max)
Haku

The *** I usually fill with D/D Hades for the 2nd gravity, but Hera would work as well. RCV is usually a problem with stalling, but thats about it

Genji

'reliable' is always subject to orb trolling, but i usually go with

Haku (max)
Ur (max)
Is (max
Echidna (max)
Haku

The *** I usually fill with D/D Hades for the 2nd gravity, but Hera would work as well. RCV is usually a problem with stalling, but thats about it

Thanks! Was going with B/W Batman and D. Meta for boost and enhance instead of gravities, which works great if I get a lot of dark orbs using Haku's active. If not, I find myself unable to finish Zeus before the delay is up, especially if I had to use Haku on the previous stage. Maybe I'll try something like:

Haku
D/D Hades
D/W Batman
Hera
Echidna
Haku

twinlit @ J0dy77 maybe this is the team for you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz0e6UlvOPU
At first I was impressed until I saw that all those +297 monsters and a near perfect board still couldn't 1-shot the Twins. Reminded me of how badly ADK's power was made obsolete by the new spike monsters. Like I said before, the Sonias would have easily been top tier a year ago. I think it's too little, too late for a monster that Dragon teams could have really used back then.

quin

I had no idea it was every turn that reduced a bind and not every turn with a match.
That will make stalling so much easier now

J0dy77

I had no idea it was every turn that reduced a bind and not every turn with a match.
That will make stalling so much easier now

Here's a gimmick Twinlit team on YouTube that only uses "weak" monsters:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH-YV9pQg6g

This basically builds off the concepts I was saying yesterday. The first 3 rounds do not need to be highly leveled in any way. It is all a gimmick of getting through the first round while stalling enough for the next two rounds. I'm not sure why Mono colored teams can't do a better job on this dungeon. With board setup on round 3 and echidna delay the twins are really easy.

The hardest part of all of this dungeon is getting echidna delay ready for round 3. If you do that you win.

My thought was something like this. Dual Zeus, Echidna, Tengu, Tengu, Verche. This gives you a 6 skill cooldown reduction and 6 combined light sources to focus on the dubs in round 2 and 3. You lose the poison but don't have to delay nearly as long.

Green Odin would be even better for another light source.

How do so many people use Ra? I have one and haven never evolved or used him because I'm just not good enough with spike teams. I can barely ever hit Haku's combos. I'm curious to level him and build a team around him cause he's so sought after. What's a good Ra team look like?

Holy cow. What a run!

6 Super Sapphire runs

6 Supers
6 Kings
22 Highs

I put 5* super into my monster and got a 1.5x GREAT! bonus! NICE. Kicked him from 34 all the way to 72! lol.

Then did the same thing with 1xSuper4x King for my Karin and got 1.5x GREAT! again lol.

Then I just realized that blue snow globe dude gives me 1.65m experience! holy hell. I may use him to level up another of my water monsters. That would be a total of like nearly 4.5m experience gotten in the past hour.

How do so many people use Ra? I have one and haven never evolved or used him because I'm just not good enough with spike teams. I can barely ever hit Haku's combos. I'm curious to level him and build a team around him cause he's so sought after. What's a good Ra team look like?

For me personally I have only used him for dungeons with bosses with real low health but real high defense. His special breaks through any defense for 7,777 health. I used him just now for these Super Sapphire dragon dungeons. The Super has 7,777 health and like 60K defense or something like that. So one shot from the Ra and they are down for the count.

Tobe

fuck mythlits ive been running tech dungeons for it at least 12 times and bleh nothing just 4 spottings no drops :(

Jonsoncao

Banned
I picked up this game last month, and now I am addicted to it.

My friend ID is 348,285,288, and my main leader is Odin (soon to be Awoken, still need a mask).

Do you guys know where to farm a Siren? I tried Voice of Siren today with 1.5x drop rate but no luck.

KuroNeeko

So I scrounged up 5 crystals and hit the REM. I was hoping for a unit that would start me on one more viable team. My first draw was a Mei Mei, but my starter was a Plessie (good for countering Mei Mei's weakness) so I wanted something along those lines OR a good mono-color leader.

In the back of my head, I was still kind of sad about tossing Gabriel back a while ago so I was secretly hoping for one of the new fruit dragons.

This is what I got...

vpuzdra088_yellow_lemon_dragon_status.jpg

Look at all the tamadoras:/ (Lv 30 stats are 1245 / 693 / 279)

I kind of wanted the strawberry / berry versions since they're my *off* colors and I imagine that lemon will be the hardest to gather a team for. It's nice that it'll fit in my Mei Mei team though, even if that's not really what I wanted.

So far my 3 pulls have been -

1) Mei Mei
2) Cupid
3) Lemon Dragon

I was planning on doing 4 draws and then concentrating on my box, but these three should be enough for now. I'm sitting on a 90 slot box already so time to get grinding! Mei Mei / Light / Dark teams really suck though when it comes to 3-color dungeons. :(

edit: Cost is 35?! My total team cost is still like 37! @.@

My friend ID is 348,285,288, and my main leader is Odin (soon to be Awoken, still need a mask).

Do you guys know where to farm a Siren? I tried Voice of Siren today with 1.5x drop rate but no luck.

Mermaids drop from the 2nd and 3rd tier normal dungeons at a very low rate. They also drop in some other normal dungeons, but those are the only two I can guarantee.

You can also farm them from some of the water-based dragon dungeons. Apparently they drop pretty frequently from expert level and beyond.

Totakeke

Ice Mechdragon on expert. It's still rare mind you, but should be better than the normal dungeons.

PAD KR skipping straight from 6.1 to 6.3. Since we tend to follow KR very closely in events and updates it's safe to say the same will be happening to us soon.

What new stuffs would we get for a jump from 6.1 to 6.3?

a lot

UI/everyday content:
- Challenge mode (reclear Normal/Tech dungeons choosing all subs other than your leader from your friends list, no second leader skill, get another stone for clear)
- Get an additional team list for every 100 ranks you gain, starting at 6 at rank 1 and all the way up to 15 at rank 900 (lol)
- Friend list expansion up to 300 I think?

Monsters:
- Many (and I mean many) skills now have secondary effects. For example, Quick Bomb also does a 75% def crash (or 50% I forget), Shower of Healing clears all binds, Curse of Wood does a -> green orb change
- Greek Series 2 gods now have 2 higher max skill level
- Hero Gods & Fruit Dragons will eventually appear in the REM
- More split busties that require Twinlits/Trifruits (these will probably roll out in waves, so I can't predict which ones will appear immediately): Horus, Ra, Isis, Alraune, Angel, some Bad Dragons

Dungeons:
- Trifruits Descended
- Izanami Descended
- Hercules Descended
- Pirate Dragons
- more collabs we will never get

NOT in 6.3:
- Hero God/Bad Dragon l.skill buffs
- Color blind mode
- Flower Dragons
- 4th awakenings for all REM exclusive mobs
- Echidna / Indian / more Bad Dragon busties

I'm probably forgetting stuff. It's been a while since 6.2 and 6.3 happened in Japan.

e: also iOS/Android cross-platform account transfer. thank nicoga3000 for pestering GH literally EVERY DAY for months

Limit

a lot

UI/everyday content:
- Challenge mode (reclear Normal/Tech dungeons choosing all subs other than your leader from your friends list, no second leader skill, get another stone for clear)

I was not cognizant of this restriction. Challenge mode truly is a challenge then.

ccbfan

I was not cognizant of this restriction. Challenge mode truly is a challenge then.

If you have a Max awoken Odin with a bunch of auto heal friends and lucifers most will still be a joke except the 99 Stam ones

For the super easy dungeons I'm just gonna run Athena and mindlessly destroy everthing.

For the super duper easy dungeons joker.

It's basically free stones.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
e: also iOS/Android cross-platform account transfer. thank nicoga3000 for pestering GH literally EVERY DAY for months

I can't wait for this feature. Finally get to upgrade my phone! Nexus/Note 3 here I come!

It's funny, because when people talk to me about upgrading my phone, I have to explain that a game I've been playing for nearly 400 days is currently locked to iOS. The curtain shall be lifted!

a lot

UI/everyday content:
- Get an additional team list for every 100 ranks you gain, starting at 6 at rank 1 and all the way up to 15 at rank 900 (lol)
- Friend list expansion up to 300 I think?

Monsters:
- Many (and I mean many) skills now have secondary effects. For example, Quick Bomb also does a 75% def crash (or 50% I forget), Shower of Healing clears all binds, Curse of Wood does a -> green orb change
- Greek Series 2 gods now have 2 higher max skill level
- Hero Gods & Fruit Dragons will eventually appear in the REM
- More split busties that require Twinlits/Trifruits (these will probably roll out in waves, so I can't predict which ones will appear immediately): Horus, Ra, Isis, Alraune, Angel, some Bad Dragons

Dungeons:
- Trifruits Descended
- Izanami Descended
- Hercules Descended
- Pirate Dragons
- more collabs we will never get

NOT in 6.3:
- Hero God/Bad Dragon l.skill buffs
- Color blind mode
- Flower Dragons
- 4th awakenings for all REM exclusive mobs
- Echidna / Indian / more Bad Dragon busties

I'm probably forgetting stuff. It's been a while since 6.2 and 6.3 happened in Japan.

Nice write up! LOL at the bit about Nicoga. Gj Nicoga!!

Amon37

So I know the person in that recent video was rank 600 something so they have had a lot of play time but that orb matching skill, holy shit. Before I've processed 2-3 matches on the board in the video they've pulled off 7 matches.

Zero_IYAD

I finally finished working on my Odins & Tengu:
Max Leveled fully awoken Green Odin (Has 2 Skill Boost)
Max Leveled fully awoken Blue Odin (Has 3 Skill Boost)
Lvl 60 fully awoken Grand Tengu (Has 3 Skill Boost)

So that's 8 skill boosts, which means I can launch Echidna after 2 turns.

Any suggested team builts to tackle Legendary Earth & Paradise of the Holy Beasts?
Also is there a safer Twinlit team using some of these three?

Miscellaneous games update time. I recently tried out this new game called "Brave Frontier" which has exact same game mechanics hooks as PAD, minus the puzzle part. You assemble a team of 5 monsters collected from levels and summons (common summons + rare summons) and with a friend monster you fight through stages. The fighting mechanic is super simple. You touch the monster portrait for basic attacks and swipe up for triggering special attacks. Super basic stuff but the game evokes the same gotta catch em' all hunger that all these games feature to some degree. There is a nifty crafting system for weapons and other items and you can request various crafting materials to be gifted to you by people in your friends list. There is also a PVP area and a raid area that is supposedly coming soon. Because the game came out so recently they are handing out rare monsters and other IAP stuff left and right.

One thing that caught me off guard about this game is how graphically intensive it is. My Nexus 7 slows down to a crawl if I try running it in high setting. Fortunately in the menu you can turn off some graphics options that helps in running the game smoothly. Additionally, right now there is no way to reroll. The rare monster you summon with your first 5 gems is the monster you are stuck with. But this isn't too big of an issue right now because as noted before, there are currently many opportunities arising in acquiring rare monsters.

If anyone does end up checking this game out then help me help you in getting this game's version of King Metal Dragon without much work. Go to "social" - "special" - and then touch the metal god banner. Input "27222868" and both of us will get one.

Thanks man I totally added that code on Brave Frontier (awesome game btw) and I sincerely appreciate the king metal dragon. I think playing brave frontier and pad at the same time is reckless but I'm doing it anyway.

Brave frontier is really good so far

Top Bottom