• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

razterik

Can't wait for the breath skill update just so when I accidentally take my Kagutsuchi farming team into super dragons, I won't have to waste the 50 stamina anymore. Sigh.

6.4 gives you a color coded HP percentage bar. WANT. Time to wait four more months.

Neither Parvati ultimate is healer. Wood/fire Balanced, light/wood physical. FUUU.

Full chart:
sinka_hyo.jpg

Ifrit: get Devil sub type
D/D Anubis: get Devil sub type, LS increase damage after 10 combo for 10x, max at 15x
D/L Anubis: get Attacker sub type, LS increase damage after 8 combo, max at 10x
Wt/Wd Lakshimi: get Healer sub type, 1.5x hp, atk, rcv for water and healer monsters
Wt/L Lakshimi: get Balance type, 3x attack for water monsters
Wd/F Parvarti: get Balance type, 1.5x hp, atk, rcv for wood and balance monsters
Wd/L Parvati: get Physical type, 3x attack for wood monsters

Limit

Thanks man I totally added that code on Brave Frontier (awesome game btw) and I sincerely appreciate the king metal dragon. I think playing brave frontier and pad at the same time is reckless but I'm doing it anyway.

Brave frontier is really good so far

Funny thing about Brave Frontier, I stopped playing it last December. After about 20 hours of playing the game I grew weary of its fighting mechanic. Its too basic. Glad you are enjoying it though. It has neat art.

For now I am back to playing only PAD. I recently checked out google play store for anything new and interesting but nothing stood out.

Limit

Nice to see that D/L Anubis, aka the good Anubis, doesn't require twinlits. And what is his starting combo multiplier? 6x at 8 combo?

KuroNeeko

Funny thing about Brave Frontier, I stopped playing it last December. After about 20 hours of playing the game I grew weary of its fighting mechanic. Its too basic. Glad you are enjoying it though. It has neat art.

For now I am back to playing only PAD. I recently checked out google play store for anything new and interesting but nothing stood out.

Yeah, I tried to get into BF as well, but the leveling mechanics were just too soul draining. I found the timing component for getting break attacks to be wonky and often reliant on your connection. It's really popular though.

I'm playing Divine Gate and Monster Strike. The former seems to be really luck-based and the latter being surprisingly fun. Monster Strike is kind of like playing pogs / marbles with souped up pieces. The art is hit / miss, but the gameplay is pretty good. The drawback is, if you're not in a fairly populated area (or Japan for that matter) it will be hard for you to take advantage of the 4-player multiplayer aspect without additional, shady downloads.

Yesterday is lack ed hard time padbros, but i managed to run 3 supers..
Today i think i'll have a look at drake event and decide, but i think i'll go for the last four dungeons (normal) i have to yet clear..
Apart from that i doubt i'll bother with keepers..
Carnival is the next big event, so either they go for a new descended or...
Godfest carnival... Mmm time me byakko in my veins..
On a side note, i must have gold dragons soon!

soi tobe..
you have haku..
you have dtron..
you have yomi..
you have anubis!!!
where is your bad luck now??!?!?!
do you want me to stay alone in this world of tears?

quin

This basically builds off the concepts I was saying yesterday. The first 3 rounds do not need to be highly leveled in any way. It is all a gimmick of getting through the first round while stalling enough for the next two rounds. I'm not sure why Mono colored teams can't do a better job on this dungeon. With board setup on round 3 and echidna delay the twins are really easy.

The hardest part of all of this dungeon is getting echidna delay ready for round 3. If you do that you win.

My thought was something like this. Dual Zeus, Echidna, Tengu, Tengu, Verche. This gives you a 6 skill cooldown reduction and 6 combined light sources to focus on the dubs in round 2 and 3. You lose the poison but don't have to delay nearly as long.

Green Odin would be even better for another light source.

I watched a video of someone using kusinada's 75% defense on the 3rd floor to take a hit from 1 dub mythlit. When the green pirate dungeon arrives it is quite easy to nab that monster. It could buy you a lot of time because you would only need to focus on one dub and not both; or use that on floor 2 and echidina on floors 3 4 and 5.
Possibly...

Cool list.

What exactly was the "- Hero God/Bad Dragon l.skill buffs" about?
They used to give hard ATK buffs for matching X number of orbs, now it's a sliding scale. Contrary to my previous belief it starts at 6o instead of 5o.

Hmm, instead of using Kushinada-hime you could use Genie to void Dark damage to beat the Dubmyth wave. If she were max skilled (and ofc neither collab that skills her up made it to the US), you had some skill boosts, and you don't get Tamatrolled you could ignore having to stall on 1F.

Edit: oh hey AB Matilda works too.

Totakeke

Can't wait for the breath skill update just so when I accidentally take my Kagutsuchi farming team into super dragons, I won't have to waste the 50 stamina anymore. Sigh.

6.4 gives you a color coded HP percentage bar. WANT. Time to wait four more months.

Neither Parvati ultimate is healer. Wood/fire Balanced, light/wood physical. FUUU.

Full chart:

Ifrit: get Devil sub type
D/D Anubis: get Devil sub type, LS increase damage after 10 combo for 10x, max at 15x
D/L Anubis: get Attacker sub type, LS increase damage after 8 combo, max at 10x
Wt/Wd Lakshimi: get Healer sub type, 1.5x hp, atk, rcv for water and healer monsters
L/Wt Lakshimi: get Balance type, 3x attack for water monsters
Wd/F Parvarti: get Balance type, 1.5x hp, atk, rcv for wood and balance monsters
L/Wd Parvati: get Physical type, 3x attack for wood monsters

They updated the image. Lakshimi and Parvati remain Water and Wood main element on their twinlit ult evo. Slightly better unlike vamp's.

Though physical wood and water balance monsters makes even less sense.

quin

Yeah I'm thinking Delay would be smart there. Would you say this team is more or less easy to use/consistent vs Goemon+Satan or Kirin?

I've never used Kirin on Zeus so I couldn't say, but I've never had any luck with Goemon vs Zeus.

The big problem with this team is over-killing the masks. If that happens you might as well quit. It definitely takes some orb management practice

Kreed

D/D is just insane. D/L is the way to go, right? I'm not missing something here?

CMON SHIVA, DON'T LET ME DOWN!

Yeah I think most people will definitely prefer easier to activate Anubis over ridiculous damage multiplier Anubis. Although the devil subtype might be more useful for people who use Anubis as a sub (surprised they gave Anubis a subtype, but I guess Gungho is acknowledging how hard he is to use vs Ra and Horus).

I'm ok with Lakishimi's leader skill change though. Will be useful for my mono blue team with Idunn & Idunna/Hermes/Blue Noel. Her active skill is going to need a major bump to be useful though. Like a 15% gravity that heals.

Totakeke

I think if I want to run a spike mono-color team I'd rather go for the hero gods (except rem lol). 3x for 6 orb activation doesn't seem too bad. It's still less flexible than other spikes but it's also harder to accidentally trigger.

A parvati led 9x wood have pretty much identical monsters (and stats) to a 9x balance except you need twinlits to make the parvati led one.

J0dy77

Fun Fact: Echidna gets 400 atk! :D

AWESOME!!!

I watched a video of someone using kusinada's 75% defense on the 3rd floor to take a hit from 1 dub mythlit. When the green pirate dungeon arrives it is quite easy to nab that monster. It could buy you a lot of time because you would only need to focus on one dub and not both; or use that on floor 2 and echidina on floors 3 4 and 5.
Possibly...

The problem is buying the time needed to get any cooldown ready, echidna delay or damage reduction doesn't matter. The one thing that would make this dungeon completely trivial for me is getting passed round 2 after wiping round 1 on turn 1. Round 2 is the huge hurdle because you have 3 dubs with either 2 or 3 turn attack that are going to wipe you with no cooldowns and 20k damage. Only way you get through this round with no skill assist is to have them all lineup at turn 3 and mass attack for 7 damage each turn.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I love waking up to piles of new and awesome news. Thanks for posting it guys!

Also, I'm not sure which route I'm going to take my #onetruegod. I'll compare stats/type and pick based off of sub choice. There's no way in hell I'll ever find use for his as a lead, so I might as well make use of him as a strong sub.

razterik

Devil Anubis might be useful if you run Astaroth, even if he steals orbs from her. Would be somewhat useful on other devil teams with skill ups. But as leader, D/L is the way to go. And he doesn't take any Twinlits to make.

Making the spike Parvati wood main element is actually even worse than before. Ugh.

raiot

I love waking up to piles of new and awesome news. Thanks for posting it guys!

Also, I'm not sure which route I'm going to take my #onetruegod. I'll compare stats/type and pick based off of sub choice. There's no way in hell I'll ever find use for his as a lead, so I might as well make use of him as a strong sub.

Thank God I have 2 Anubis! :D

Althane

Based on that image, are they adding ultimate evos for rippers?

I could work with that.

Edit: Is there a better way to get a Dark Keeper than by running the lower Tuesday dungeons? The Rainbow dungeon takes forever for me, and I have all the Rainbows I need for now.

Kreed

I could work with that.

Edit: Is there a better way to get a Dark Keeper than by running the lower Tuesday dungeons? The Rainbow dungeon takes forever for me, and I have all the Rainbows I need for now.

Dark Keepers are available in the Purple Stone Dragon technical dungeon, but it costs more stamina.

ccbfan

Correctly align(aka not yomi and vamp style) mono colors 9x teams aren't bad.

They're basically like 12.5 of multi-color. Since its easier to maximize damage.

I don't have a Shiva (I have a freyr) but I'm kinda excited for the Shiva Ult.

Freyr
Goemon
Echilada
Hera-Ur
Gigas

shiva

1/6/2

A ton of HP, decent RCV because of 2x.

Imagine the spike of

Goemon Active + Hera-Is Active + Freyr Active + Freyr Awoken along with the high attack most of the characters have.

Jagernaut

I could work with that.

What team do you use for Rainbow Keeper? A mid level Valkyrie team destroys that dungeon really quickly.

Althane

What team do you use for Rainbow Keeper? A mid level Valkyrie team destroys that dungeon really quickly.

I don't have a Valk to play with. I'd have to see what I'd do, given that I've made some progress with teams since getting it, but I'd probably go with:

Leader - Chaos Devil Dragon
S1 - Archangel (healing)
S2 - Hellray Harpy Demon (Max bomb + light damage)
S3 - Lightning Holy Dragon
S4 - Angry Birds Blue (can't remember the name, the poison one. Not sure what I'd do for this)
Friend - GRodin

I've got my (mostly up to date) box posted here.

I'm pretty shit at team building, so if you know a better way, I'd love the advice.

Jagernaut

I don't have a Valk to play with. I'd have to see what I'd do, given that I've made some progress with teams since getting it, but I'd probably go with:

Leader - Chaos Devil Dragon
S1 - Archangel (healing)
S2 - Hellray Harpy Demon (Max bomb + light damage)
S3 - Lightning Holy Dragon
S4 - Angry Birds Blue (can't remember the name, the poison one. Not sure what I'd do for this)
Friend - GRodin

I've got my (mostly up to date) box posted here.

I'm pretty shit at team building, so if you know a better way, I'd love the advice.

With your box, I would use

Archangel leader
Lightning Holy Dragon
Chaos Devil Dragon
Meteor Volcano Dragon or Hellray demon (if max skilled)
Deathstroke
Green Odin friend- preferably max lvl and awakenings

Son of a.....

I was hoping to busty Yomi today, forgot i needed a dub-ame. Dammit. Evo'd Susano and Busty'd Orchi. So many keepers are needed today.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Son of a.....

I was hoping to busty Yomi today, forgot i needed a dub-ame. Dammit. Evo'd Susano and Busty'd Orchi. So many keepers are needed today.

Yeah, I need piles and piles of keepers. I wish dark keepers were easier to get. At least the various colored keepers are guaranteed drops. Dark/Light are a fucking crap shoot.

Kreed

No PEKKA yet after 8 Legend runs. I will get this bastard.

Unless you're hunting for other monsters/skill ups you don't have to run the Legend difficulty. I actually got my PEKKA from expert after I cleared it for the free stone. Since PEKKA is a 100% drop and the invade is at random it doesn't really matter which difficulty you run, but Expert has more floors than Intermediate, so it's probably better to at least run Expert.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Unless you're hunting for other monsters/skill ups you don't have to run the Legend difficulty. I actually got my PEKKA from expert after I cleared it for the free stone. Since PEKKA is a 100% drop and the invade is at random it doesn't really matter which difficulty you run, but Expert has more floors than Intermediate, so it's probably better to at least run Expert.

Does Expert drop evolved monsters? I don't remember...If so, I'll farm Expert since I can get more runs in.

Zero_IYAD

Finally cleared all Normal & Technical dungeons in the game : )

2 stoned Legendary Earth, luckily got the drop on the 1st run:

tumblr_mzr9jeVZ2a1srgzyyo1_500.jpg

3 stoned Paradise of the Holy Beasts:

tumblr_mzrcnvMZK31srgzyyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mzr9jeVZ2a1srgzyyo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mzrcnvMZK31srgzyyo1_500.jpg
Just in time for Challenge mode!

Oh yeah also forgot to mention that you can't stone to continue in challenge mode, much like Endless Corridors.

I forgot how troll-worthy the Skydragon dungeon is. Started with 2 fire orbs and couldn't activate Ra or Kirin, had to tank a hit. Ended up being about 700 HP short after all the preemptive.

Fantastic.

Kreed

https://31.media.tumblr.com/0da8ba22ee90da2bf17faae3388b18c8/tumblr_mzr9jeVZ2a1srgzyyo1_500.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]https://24.media.tumblr.com/fabb2de8e7d41cf213d28ebd264347cc/tumblr_mzrcnvMZK31srgzyyo1_500.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

You've made some very impressive progress in this game looking back to when you were first asking for advice on your box/were running a multicolored team with Plesios and Brachys.

Zero_IYAD

Just in time for Challenge mode!

You've made some very impressive progress in this game looking back to when you were first asking for advice on your box/were running a multicolored team with Plesios and Brachys.
& thats thanks to everyone here : )
Tomorrow marks my 250th day since I started playing the game!
I've been a gamer for years yet I never imagined I'd play a game for this long!
The game was really dull when I was playing alone, I even hit rank 100 back then without understanding lots of the game mechanisms or even consider a mono-colored team!
I love our community, it makes the experience fresh everyday, I haven't skipped a comment since the day I started writing here.
I do believe spending money is necessary at critical times..
Getting a 1000 box space is really REALLY helpful, pulling in the players choice godfest was the best thing I did in this game.
I got Lucifer last September, when we got Bastet's busty things started changing for me & really fast.. These two cleared almost everything!
& the players choice godfest we got a few weeks ago just gave me the monsters I was missing to truly complete my final collection : )
Am now up to rank 232, with 1000 box space, have Luci, Horus, Bastet, Ra, Haku, both Odins, both Zeuses, all Heras & tons of other useful monsters!

Thanks to every single one of you GAFers for making this game so much fun : )

If i grasso ed correctly challenge mode, We'll have to approach the whole thing differently as a community..
Like today is witchedwiz turn to put up a max skill echidna..
A full luci team is simply not happening...

Top Bottom