• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Jagernaut

Parvati ultimate evolution stats at Lv 99. Hp/Atk /Rcv

Wood/Fire (balanced) 2843/1406/473
- same leader skill

Wood/Light (physical) 3543/1226/483
- 3x atk for wood

I'm evolving my maxed Parvati to Wood/Fire and eventually evolve my spare to Wood/Light but W/L probably won't get much use. I would have loved W/L to be a healer.

J0dy77

If i grasso ed correctly challenge mode, We'll have to approach the whole thing differently as a community..
Like today is witchedwiz turn to put up a max skill echidna..
A full luci team is simply not happening...

I was thinking about this as well. We have a great community here to tackle this stuff. I was thinking we should setup a google hang out, skype, anything to make requests for this type of stuff easy.

Jinko

So outside of metal dragons and Evolved Pengdra's how am I supposed to level my monsters.

One of the biggest issues I had with this game over a year ago was the time sink nature of waiting on dungeons to progress your levelling and its not got any easier. (as far as I can see)

Do they really expect me to wait til Thursday before I can play this game again ?

Seems kind of odd that you spend stones/money on getting monsters you can't effectively level up.

ccbfan

So outside of metal dragons and Evolved Pengdra's how am I supposed to level my monsters.

One of the biggest issues I had with this game over a year ago was the time sink nature of waiting on dungeons to progress your levelling and its not got any easier. (as far as I can see)

Do they really expect me to wait til Thursday before I can play this game again ?

Seems kind of odd that you spend stones/money on getting monsters you can't effectively level up.

I basically given up on pengdra leveling. (Only time I amass pengdras are from pengdra village)

Keep running whatever tier 5 (or whatever the tier with the highest exp/stam rate) has 1.5 drops. You average about 10-20K exp for that color, plus eggs and a ton of player exp. You basically average a level a day and 200-400K exp.

Keep upping your stamina (To at least 150) and when super kings drop, start spamming stones. You'll get 800-1 Mil Exp a stone.

Radav

Parvati ultimate evolution stats at Lv 99. Hp/Atk /Rcv

Wood/Fire (balanced) 2843/1406/473
- same leader skill

Wood/Light (physical) 3543/1226/483
- 3x atk for wood

I'm evolving my maxed Parvati to Wood/Fire and eventually evolve my spare to Wood/Light but W/L probably won't get much use. I would have loved W/L to be a healer.

I'm digging the increased HP on her Wood/Light evo. Her ATK and RCV are nice as well. She'll get a lot more use as a sub on my spike dmg teams then as a leader of anything so her higher HP and ability to create heal orbs will be what gets me to use her.

Selner

Yeah, I'm not at that point yet. Away I go to keep punching the crap out of the Red Keeper.

I'm pretty new, and I ran the Red Keeper for the first time last week. Back to back Dark Keepers curb stomped me.

I ran Red Keeper for the 2nd time today, no Dark Keepers and I totally kicked the snot outta that Red dude.

It's amazing how much easier things get when you raise the levels of just a few mobs.

yup.

Honestly, with Supers now being 'semi' regular, that is your best bet. I basically only get Pengdras from Pengdra village and farm metals during 2x King events. I find myself less reliant on Thursday for plants because of it.

massoluk

Banned
They got to give us a more reliable way to get light and dark keepers.

I'm sitting on 6 light keepers and 0 dark right now with more than half a dozen dark monster needing evolving.

Jagernaut

I'm digging the increased HP on her Wood/Light evo. Her ATK and RCV are nice as well. She'll get a lot more use as a sub on my spike dmg teams then as a leader of anything so her higher HP and ability to create heal orbs will be what gets me to use her.

W/L Parvati has almost the same stats as Hera-Is. I would use W/F on a 9x balanced team or as a heartmaker on my fire team vs W/L on a Horus, Zeus, or Athena team.

Just realized a max skilled Whiskey (Caol-Ila, to be specific) with 4x Skill Boost (which the biweekly dragons already provide 1x of) will instantly nuke all the regular lits on 1F Twinlits. Could this go somewhere?

Aw. Disappointed in Wood/Light Parvati after thinking it was Light/Wood, similar to Water/Dark Vamp. It makes more sense for her leader skill, though. I don't like How Hera-Is, Water/Dark Vamp, and Dark/Light Yomi boost their sub-elements instead of main one.

I'm trying to understand these Baby Tamadras that are supposed to be coming. So they will only offer a chance to awaken, as opposed to Regular Tamadras (and same exact pets). Where will these things invade? I hope GH isn't planning to replace Tamadra invades in the jewel/metal dragon dungeons with these new babies (not that I have ever gotten any Tamadras on the US server).

Going forward, I can see GH creating special mobs that can skill-up any pet you have. Think about it GH. You can make some crazy effed up dungeon for a chance to get one of these, and still not guarantee players getting a skill-up!

Just realized a max skilled Whiskey (Caol-Ila, to be specific) with 4x Skill Boost (which the biweekly dragons already provide 1x of) will instantly nuke all the regular lits on 1F Twinlits. Could this go somewhere?

Soon as you find a way to leave 1 mythlit left. I end up over-murdering everything on that floor. Even with 3 left, i havn't found the right damage output that will nuke 1 or 2 of them.

Aw. Disappointed in Wood/Light Parvati after thinking it was Light/Wood, similar to Water/Dark Vamp. It makes more sense for her leader skill, though. I don't like How Hera-Is, Water/Dark Vamp, and Dark/Light Yomi boost their sub-elements instead of main one.

Yeah it sucks, it's tied to the LS though. So it kind of makes sense.

i'm pretty sure thats what you said

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Soon as you find a way to leave 1 mythlit left. I end up over-murdering everything on that floor. Even with 3 left, i havn't found the right damage output that will nuke 1 or 2 of them.

Yeah it sucks, it's tied to the LS though. So it kind of makes sense.

i'm pretty sure thats what you said

This.

Colby

Dammit, I'm mad that I fused my second Lakshmi way back in the day. But the healer version probably isn't worth it, even if it gives healer teams a stat boost. Do we know Lakshmi's new stats for both versions?

coy

Dammit, I'm mad that I fused my second Lakshmi way back in the day. But the healer version probably isn't worth it, even if it gives healer teams a stat boost. Do we know Lakshmi's new stats for both versions?

Via PDX:

Ultimate Lakshmi
Water/Wood
Healer subtype added
Lv 99 : 2197/1286/760
0/+50/+100
LS: 1.5x HP/ATK/RCV to water and healer types

Water/Light
Balanced subtype added
Lv 99 : 2597/1386/510
+400/+150/-150
LS: Water monsters ATK x3

Jinko

I basically given up on pengdra leveling. (Only time I amass pengdras are from pengdra village)

Keep running whatever tier 5 (or whatever the tier with the highest exp/stam rate) has 1.5 drops. You average about 10-20K exp for that color, plus eggs and a ton of player exp. You basically average a level a day and 200-400K exp.

Keep upping your stamina (To at least 150) and when super kings drop, start spamming stones. You'll get 800-1 Mil Exp a stone.

Heh funny thing is my party isn't powerful enough to break through a super kings defence, he shooed me away like a fly last night. (maybe you are supposed to use poison or null-defence (Shiva) though ?)

Tobe

Heh funny thing is my party isn't powerful enough to break through a super kings defence, he shooed me away like a fly last night. (maybe you are supposed to use poison or null-defence (Shiva) though ?)

i just luci them. i could use top droid but well running triple luci is quite simple.

Hsieh

Using a common drop Knight's 50% armor break with a opposite color ripper's 20000 damage breath attack will one-shot any super king. Using an opposite color ogre's 35000 damage attack will also one-shot any super king.

J0dy77

Do you just skip Monday's? Most of the mobs I'm leveling are over level 60 and have huge EXP curves. Feeding 5 fodder mobs nets hardly anything and costs a ton of coins. I farm Technicals every Monday. 3-4 runs of Hill of Iris will net you a decent amount of Red/Blue pengdras, I then run Hypno forest for Green if I need it but usually just Hill. Feeding one like color chimera to a pengdra gives you max level and a run is 7kexp.

I agree not to run techs outside of Monday's but it's cheap and has huge benefit to run it on Monday. Not to mention the Dub drops in Hill.

Jinko

Do you just skip Monday's? Most of the mobs I'm leveling are over level 60 and have huge EXP curves. Feeding 5 fodder mobs nets hardly anything and costs a ton of coins. I farm Technicals every Monday. 3-4 runs of Hill of Iris will net you a decent amount of Red/Blue pengdras, I then run Hypno forest for Green if I need it but usually just Hill. Feeding one like color chimera to a pengdra gives you max level and a run is 7k.

I agree not to run techs outside of Monday's but it's cheap and has huge benefit to run it on Monday. Not to mention the Dub drops in Hill.

Do you bother to evo the pengdra's or just use the tier 1's as feeders ?

J0dy77

Do you bother to evo the pengdra's or just use the tier 1's as feeders ?

I always Evo them, big difference in EXP. Monday is Pengdra day, Thursday plant day. It's just the routine of the game. Wish they had a more efficient way to gain exp. Mix in the metal dragons during the week and you'll get a ton of exp. I don't go crazy with it since I'm a non pay player, just enough to keep me through the week. I try for 20 plants on Thursdays, 5 or 6 of red and blue pengdras and then a couple runs of metal dragons.

Due to this routine I'm probably hurting in overall level though and definitely don't get as many + eggs as you would focusing on normal dungeons. Personal preference I guess, I like max monsters and running multiple teams.

J0dy77

Hmmm.... twists mustache. Having only the 3 mythlits left and focusing damage with a more mono burst team could work really well. Maybe switch back to Haku team.

ccbfan

Do you just skip Monday's? Most of the mobs I'm leveling are over level 60 and have huge EXP curves. Feeding 5 fodder mobs nets hardly anything and costs a ton of coins. I farm Technicals every Monday. 3-4 runs of Hill of Iris will net you a decent amount of Red/Blue pengdras, I then run Hypno forest for Green if I need it but usually just Hill. Feeding one like color chimera to a pengdra gives you max level and a run is 7kexp.

Well I'm doing a lot of low EXP curve leveling these days (Max Awokening swordsman and healer girls). So the cost isn't bad.

My general exp per gold ratio is 1/2. Considering we use Gold kings which is 1/4 if you sell 1/2 isn't bad.

Most of the enemies when used on same color is like 2K - 3K so you can level them to like level 60. Plus you get occasional kings.

The main point is user exp though. You get crap experience from pengdra farming.

This you can level once a day which means you get a full stamina to use every day.

I can run almost 30 of these a day.

Then I usually get 1 + egg per 4-5 runs.

Really the only thing that holding me back from this style is I'm lazy. Running 30 runs is boring as hell so I usually only do like 10 and then waste my experience on something else.

Well that sucks. Entered Rainbow Keeper with a Valk helper, but forgot to select my Valk team and went in with Kagutsuchi team instead. Should have just exited immediately but a +egg dropped in the 1F so I had to see if I could actually manage to kill RK. Nope. Only got about a third of its life down before it 1-shot me. If I had enough HP to survive RK's attack, at least I could've had a chance to outlast it.

Althane

Finally got a Dark Keeper drop, last time I could run it today. Woot.

I have entirely too many Flame Keepers and Light Keepers. Jerks.

So, now I have a Tsuki Yomi. I hear her D/L busty is the one to go for. Is she a leader or a sub for a monodark? Guessing sub for Change the world/stats, and only leader if you really need that extra 3 seconds or so for orb movement.

Ducarmel

So, now I have a Tsuki Yomi. I hear her D/L busty is the one to go for. Is she a leader or a sub for a monodark? Guessing sub for Change the world/stats, and only leader if you really need that extra 3 seconds or so for orb movement.

I use her on my Kushinada tricolor team, also quite obvious she is a great addition to D.Meta team.

I can see her as a leader if she is the strongest mono light leader you have.

Colby

Almost beat Skydragon Rush with an Athena team. I did approx. 98% of the third dragon's health in one turn, which I could only laugh at. Guess I should keep leveling Athena!

I will say that max Awoken D/L Yomi is awesome! Amazing attack, great typing, and it fits on lots of teams. I remember being so mad that I pulled one way back in the day.

Flambe

First time I've been able to do the dungeon and have come out with Red, Light and Blue Sky Dragons so not too bad I suppose. Dunno what I'll even use them for lol but nice to have. Probably give it one more go after I get this next rank.

So is Metatron, but that don't stop no one.

I see breasts.
642.jpg

Jagernaut

Puzzle & Dragons (North America) - GungHo
3 hours ago ·
*Update Notice from the Puzzle & Dragons Team*
Maintenance Date: 1/24 (Friday) 12:00 AM - 6:00 AM (PST)

Puzzle & Dragons will be updating to version 6.3. During this time, you will not be able to access the game.

Please be aware that after this update, the file size for Puzzle & Dragons will increase. If your device is full, you may need to make additional space available.

Certain devices may not have enough memory to support the bigger application. In this situation, you may need to migrate the game data to another device. We recommend making a note of your Puzzle & Dragons ID and Secret Code before the update.

Additional details (including possible delays or an early finish) will be announced via Facebook.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Puzzle & Dragons (North America) - GungHo
3 hours ago ·
*Update Notice from the Puzzle & Dragons Team*
Maintenance Date: 1/24 (Friday) 12:00 AM - 6:00 AM (PST)

Puzzle & Dragons will be updating to version 6.3. During this time, you will not be able to access the game.

Please be aware that after this update, the file size for Puzzle & Dragons will increase. If your device is full, you may need to make additional space available.

Certain devices may not have enough memory to support the bigger application. In this situation, you may need to migrate the game data to another device. We recommend making a note of your Puzzle & Dragons ID and Secret Code before the update.

Additional details (including possible delays or an early finish) will be announced via Facebook.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.

I wonder if they're going to release patch notes early???

Jagernaut

I wonder if they're going to release patch notes early???

From puzzleanddragonsforum :

Quick rundown on the JP changes for v6.2 & 6.3:

v6.2:
- Challenge Mode
- More team pages, +1 every 100 rank
- 300 friends cap
- Awakening skills on some collab (Mastering, RoA, Cabybara)
- Vritra (AoE, ATK-scaling), Gungnir (heals for 10%/15% damage dealt for GrOdin/BrOdin), FFCD skill buffs
- Izanami Descend
- Urgent dragon seed/plant dungeon

v6.3:
- Heroes and Fruit Dragons series
- Ultimate Horus/Isis
- Additional effects on active skills
- High score tracking on legendary/mythical difficulty dungeons
- New graphic for AoE attacks
- Awakenings on more collab (31 Ice Cream, Batman, already live on EN)

Added later in v6.3:
- Tri-fruit Descend and Blue Sonia
- Ultimate GED/LHD/Leviathan/Fafnir
- Ultimate Archangel and Ra
- Red Odin
- Ultimate Alraune
- Hercules Descend

Top Bottom