• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Ashodin

If you have Hades, either a) save the kings for him or b) level Duke. You've got the two best 30% grav users already!

600-awww-yeah-guy_thumb.jpg

Zero_IYAD

Finally Maxed my Vampire Lord
God! I think I had this guy since the very 1st few weeks I started playing the game! Took forever to kick him up to level 70 !
Am 1 Dub-Mythlit short to finally turn him into a Duke.. He's already Max skilled : )

Limit

In the last thread I was joking around in one my posts in presenting the idea of a monster whose skill is to convert monsters in a dungeon to king X dragons. Well, Tower of Saviors is about to make a portion of this dream a reality in updating their roster this Friday that features a monster whose leader skill is to give 50% chance of converting their version of high X dragon into king X dragon who appear in daily timed dungeons. The only practical use of this monster is to help players level up faster. Excellent idea for a skill nonetheless.

Step it up Gungho.

Ashodin

In the last thread I was joking around in one my posts in presenting the idea of a monster whose skill is to convert monsters in a dungeon to king X dragons. Well, Tower of Saviors is about to make a portion of this dream a reality in updating their roster this Friday that features a monster whose leader skill is to give 50% chance of converting their version of high X dragon into king X dragon who appear in daily timed dungeons. The only practical use of this monster is to help players level up faster. Excellent idea for a skill nonetheless.

Step it up Gungho.

Sounds like a fast way to max out quickly and get bored.

IMO the thing that keeps me playing PAD is the fact that there's always another monster I need to level for a team. Yes I understand that means I enjoy the grind, but spaced out the way it is (I'm not playing PAD for hours and hours, just here and there) it's fine.

I feel like ToS burns through gimmicks too quickly and as a result there's some patently broken shit in that game; I saw a YouTube vid once of a team of monsters with active skills that 1) caused gems of a certain color to drop far more often and 2) extended the size of the board to the top of the screen for a limited duration, so the turn consisted of a gigantic cascade of monocolored orbs.

Ashodin

I feel like ToS burns through gimmicks too quickly and as a result there's some patently broken shit in that game; I saw a YouTube vid once of a team of monsters with active skills that 1) caused gems of a certain color to drop far more often and 2) extended the size of the board to the top of the screen for a limited duration, so the turn consisted of a gigantic cascade of monocolored orbs.

This. I feel like GungHo actually looks at their game and makes sure not to introduce things that are terribly broken and/or without balance.

See: Satan's awakening skills lololol

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
This. I feel like GungHo actually looks at their game and makes sure not to introduce things that are terribly broken and/or without balance.

See: Satan's awakening skills lololol

Satan's awakening <3

My favorite awakening is, by far, Zaerog. Dat +RCV

Radav

If it's any consolation, I've had worse, where I bring in a speed clear team and get killed on a round 1 invasion. That is a bitch and a half.

I'm also getting jack shit in terms of supers today. Are you in Group B, too? Maybe it's just a bad day for our group.

I'm in Group B. I ran it 6 times and only got 2 supers. This has been the norm for me with this dungeon from the beginning. Not 1 super outside of the last floor in all 6 runs. Should have spent my stamina elsewhere.

bjork

I've been playing this like a match 3 this whole time... this is like finding out the twist in Fez. Oh man!

ZeroAKA

I looked at my box earlier today, noticed that I had no Blue Masks, and decided it would be nice to stock up just in case. Got 3 Blue masks and a Mystic Mask after a run in the Wednesday Dungeon.

Limit

I haven't spent enough time with ToS to assert that there is broken stuff in that game, but generally speaking I love circumventing game mechanics. If there was a way to clear Zaerog dungeon in 10 seconds without use of any stones, I would happily do it. If the ultimate consequence of bypassing game mechanics in such a manner is me getting bored with the game, that a price I am completely willing to pay. There are so many other games to get into.

Kreed

Busty Hermes
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BWvklsBCQAAgU0b.jpg:large[img][/QUOTE]

Well at least he doesn't have 20 magic circles, but him and Artemis' ultimate artwork have way too much going on (guessing Ares will continue this trend). Besides the light sub element he'll probably get based on the color change of his suit, I'm assuming he'll get a sub type of either Balanced or Attacker, with his leader skill affecting those types as well.

coy

Well at least he doesn't have 20 magic circles, but him and Artemis' ultimate artwork have way too much going on (guessing Ares will continue this trend). Besides the light sub element he'll probably get based on the color change of his suit, I'm assuming he'll get a sub type of either Balanced or Attacker, with his leader skill affecting those types as well.

I was thinking he's sub-fire, replicating Apollo and Persephone with Artemis appearing to be an outlier with sub-light. That being said, his garish ensemble is completely ridiculous and makes me wish I rolled Hermes.

Zero_IYAD

Busty Hermes
BWvklsBCQAAgU0b.jpg:large
I went to wikipedia to read a lil about him and:

Hermes (/&#712;h&#604;rmi&#720;z/; Greek : &#7961;&#961;&#956;&#8134;&#962;) is an Olympian god in Greek religion and mythology, son of Zeus and the Pleiad Maia. He is second youngest of the Olympian gods.
Hermes is a god of transitions and boundaries. He is quick and cunning, and moved freely between the worlds of the mortal and divine, as emissary and messenger of the gods,intercessor between mortals and the divine, and conductor of souls into the afterlife. He is protector and patron of travelers, herdsmen, thieves, orators and wit, literature and poets, athletics and sports, invention and trade.In some myths he is a trickster, and outwits other gods for his own satisfaction or the sake of humankind. His attributes and symbols include the herma, the rooster and the tortoise, purse or pouch, winged sandals, winged cap, and his main symbol is the herald's staff, the Greek kerykeion or Latin caduceus which consisted of two snakes wrapped around a winged staff.
In the Roman adaptation of the Greek pantheon (see interpretatio romana), Hermes is identified with the Roman god Mercury,who, though inherited from the Etruscans, developed many similar characteristics, such as being the patron of commerce.
I really like their attention to the exact details!
Either a Light or Fire-sub I guess considering the aura surrounding him & his new suit color.

razterik

Ugh, Yomi refused to take that last skill up today. Now I have to store a bunch of Tinys along with everything else for the next event. Box is so full.

Time to hunt for those elusive Green Carbuncles!

I got a +1 from a green carbuncle today in the plant pits, was pretty happy.

The sad thing is that most of my plants will have to go towards the shabo evos, and not pengdra. I am really hard up for monster XP now, have two important monsters w/ level 70 max (for evolution) on 4M XP curves.

J0dy77

Relatively new to the game, just saw the thread. What is this about trading at level 20?

Just hit 20 a few days ago.

You get a one time trade with another player for a "Starter dragon". When you send the present you and the receiving person will both get a random starter dragon (light and dark have a chance as well).

linsivvi

There's some design problems with the dungeon for Ancient Light Dragon. In Legend floor 5 contains 2 demons that only bind a specific color while in Master it contains 2 thunder chimeras that can cast double bind infinitely and I got my whole team binded. As a result you can safely tank Legend with a 4/1/4 team but you can't easily do that in Master.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
There's some design problems with the dungeon for Ancient Light Dragon. In Legend floor 5 contains 2 demons that only bind a specific color while in Master it contains 2 thunder chimeras that can cast double bind infinitely and I got my whole team binded. As a result you can safely tank Legend with a 4/1/4 team but you can't easily do that in Master.

Hahaha - that's fantastic. I mean, it sucks for you...But it's funny that they did that.

I'm currently clearing Legend for my stone with my super gravity team: Luci/Luci + Hades/Hera/Hera-Is/Zeus.

bjork

You get a one time trade with another player for a "Starter dragon". When you send the present you and the receiving person will both get a random starter dragon (light and dark have a chance as well).

Oh, is that what happens? I got one the other day from someone and I wasn't sure what it was for. I sent my gift awhile ago to someone but I don't remember getting one as well. Must've fed it to something else, heh.

StMeph

Dammit where my Shiva busty?

Yeah, the Indian pantheon could use a small boost. Everyone outside of Parvati, really. Lakshmi's pitiful Active in particular could use some new effect.

I've been leveling Duke Vampire in anticipation of his ultimate evolution, as he should become a great fit for Horus, especially if he's sub-water. Echidna, Rose Valk, ult Vamp would free up a slot for any situational needs.

Yeah, the Indian pantheon could use a small boost. Everyone outside of Parvati, really. Lakshmi's pitiful Active in particular could use some new effect.

I agree. Indian pantheon is in really bad shape. Even worse situation than the Japanese 1.0 pantheon.

GungHo is trying to ensure that everything that flies out of the REM has a reason or purpose, either through the addition of new team compositions and new gods or direct updates of existing monsters. I feel they are doing a decent job-I mean we are talking about running Fairlios and Toytops evolutions in advanced teams now!- but it is indeed coming along quite slow.

To their credit through, there is really only one thing that is arguably imbalanced in the game (Lucifer) and even then he comes at a huge cost of boring you to tears when playing. Still, a little faster pushing of changes would be welcome.

J0dy77

I'm in Group B. I ran it 6 times and only got 2 supers. This has been the norm for me with this dungeon from the beginning. Not 1 super outside of the last floor in all 6 runs. Should have spent my stamina elsewhere.

Same for me yesterday. 4 runs and 1 super king to show for it. Decent level up experience but nothing amazing for the amount of stamina spent.

I can confirm the safety of 4/1/4 on legend. Finally cleared with a double blue Noel team. Subs were: ultimate Sieg, bowmore, Hera-is, and blue mech warrior.

As for speculation on shiva upgrade if and when he gets an ultimate evolution, how about if he got 1.75 boost across all three stats? Not sure what way they should go with a sub element, but thinking about that got me thinking of ultimates in general.

Remember all those dragons that got multiple ultimate evolutions (ifrit, leviathan, Tiamat, etc)? Do you think GungHo will apply this to new monsters, or retroactively to old ones? Would be an easy way for GH to get players to hunt down EVO mats evolving and reversing evolutions.

Well they did just add alternate busties for the non-fodder Shinra Bansho collab mons like last week. Reverse busty only takes one of each regular lit instead of something ridiculous too. So there's precedent.

Jagernaut

I think enhanced orbs and skill boosts are the best awakenings. I just ran metal dragons to use the little ones to evolve some dark pengdras and got a king and Tamadra in the same run. This is the 5th Tamadra I've got from metal/jewel dragons. I've max awakened my Rose Valkyrie and used the others on GOdin and Ares.

Is there a list of recommended monsters (particularly gods) to give awoken skills?

The thing about this is that you would only want to be spending your rare/precious awakenings on monsters you actually use. So it is by and large team and player dependent.

----

Maybe we should just do a rundown by pantheon on what to spend awoken skills on and what to avoid IF you have those monsters and are using them.

For example, Greek 1.0:

Minvera - 1 skill only for orb enhancement
Neptune - 1 skill only for orb enhancement
Ceres - all skills very good
Venus - all skills very good
Hades - skills medicore, not a priority past the 1 point for orb enhancement

Is there a list of recommended monsters (particularly gods) to give awoken skills?

Heartbreakers seem to have a pretty good consensus that at least 2 awakening on them are good ideas.

1 awakening on Greek 1.0 is nice (drop enhance orbs) and ones like Neptune, Ceres and Hades are very useful as subs.

beyond that? no clue

Yeah the list is damn big. My gods, Luci, Artemis and Odin don't have that.

Does 2 bind resist = 100%?

i believe bind resist is 20% each, not sure how it is calculated : .2 * .2 or .2 + .2 (i think its the latter)

Doesn't have to be your leads. Some subs you use often are good choices as well, since the awoken skill applies to every monster you use, not just the leads.

Enhanced Fire
Enhanced Water
Enhanced Wood
Enhanced Dark
Enhanced Light

Figure out which team you run and act accordingly. Start with harder to acquire mobs (2 Heroes, anything from Descended dungeons, etc)

JWong

Banned
i believe bind resist is 20% each, not sure how it is calculated : .2 * .2 or .2 + .2 (i think its the latter)

Doesn't have to be your leads. Some subs you use often are good choices as well, since the awoken skill applies to every monster you use, not just the leads.

Enhanced Fire
Enhanced Water
Enhanced Wood
Enhanced Dark
Enhanced Light

Figure out which team you run and act accordingly. Start with harder to acquire mobs (2 Heroes, anything from Descended dungeons, etc)

Huh that's weird. Bind resist on the pad wikia says 50%.

I don't have too many gods, but I'm not going to use a Tamadra on something farmable.

I think the big thing with awakenings is that there aren't really any teams that require them yet, asides from George's Zaerog farm team. Thus far their main application has been to let you kill descendeds easier, which is why most people currently recommend awakenings that multiply damage. Once content drops where certain awakenings are required (and if the rumors are true, Beelzebub may be the first) then more specific recommendations can be given.

Top Bottom