• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

J0dy77

6.3 finally
Challenge mode & new effects at last : )
Also excited for Horus/Ra busties, hope we get them directly with the update.

I can't get used to the mass attack effects on the JP version. Not sure if it is because my team is lower level and I don't blitz through content as fast or if I just don't like them. I think they implemented or are going to implement the ability to turn them off.

KR will have Angel/Horus/Isis/Ra busties immediately available after their update to 6.3, so probably?

Horus will be mine as soon as that server goes live. Knew I should have spent another stone or so on Twinlits for Ra this past weekend. I'm one angelit short. Next time.

Limit

I'm getting hyped about the challenge mode. This is going to shake up everyone's friend list in a big way. I'm still not sure who I will be putting up as a leader for the next few weeks.Everyone will be putting up Echidna. So maybe a maxed out Orochi? Green Odin? Who is the next best utility monster?

Looking out some of the 'advanced' ultimates....Is Devilit used for like anything outside of Zeus or Hera?

Seems everything else just uses Angelits and normal evo materials

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Looking out some of the 'advanced' ultimates....Is Devilit used for like anything outside of Zeus or Hera?

Not sure if you know, but on PDX you can scroll to the bottom and see a "Material For..." or "Material Of..." list.

J0dy77

I had the same thought while farming over the weekend. Devilits are extremely limited right now. It's literaly Zeus, Hera and the W/D Vamp right now in US. JP has some master guy and Bahamut from Final Fantasy Collab. I'm sure they'll add more.

J0dy77

Not sure if you know, but on PDX you can scroll to the bottom and see a "Material For..." or "Material Of..." list.

PAD Guide 4 LIFE:

YyShQhRl.jpg

Zero_IYAD

KR will have Angel/Horus/Isis/Ra busties immediately available after their update to 6.3, so probably?
Hope so >_<
I can't get used to the mass attack effects on the JP version. Not sure if it is because my team is lower level and I don't blitz through content as fast or if I just don't like them. I think they implemented or are going to implement the ability to turn them off.
Yeah, I think version 6.4 will bring the option to turn 'em off, tho am pretty hyped to see 'em :eek:

The BAD Anubis will require 2 Devilits.

yami4ct

Got my Naga all the way to Empress of Serpents and man she was totally worth grinding for. Having a lot more RCV and Menace have been absolute life savers. So glad to finally get her in my party.

Radav

Just out of curiosity is anyone considering not going F/L with their Horus? This one seems like a no-brainer to go F/L but his RCV getting taken away has me considering the F/F evo.

razterik

Never run Horus anymore, so my max one is going F/F. I prefer him over Hera-Ur on mono red since his RCV is much better. Got two more in my box for F/L in the future.

Jagernaut

Just out of curiosity is anyone considering not going F/L with their Horus? This one seems like a no-brainer to go F/L but his RCV getting taken away has me considering the F/F evo.

I've been thinking about it. F/L Horus is definitely a better spike leader than F/F. 1800 fire atk + 600 light atk and the possible 5x atk for 5 colors is awesome. The rcv is poor but you could use 99 +rcv to get him to a respectable 387 rcv.

As a fire sub, F/F is better to make up for the poor team rcv.

If you don't have Kirin already, F/L would be better for descends.

coy

I can understand if someone uses Horus for their monored squad, but the higher damage multiplier and extra orb time movement are too good to ignore. Given the sizable hit to RCV, I was thinking of going with a high HP/defensive team for descends. I am unsure of its viability, but I was thinking of something like:

F/L Horus / Hera-Is / Kushinada / Okuninushi / Izanagi / (Horus/Ra/Kirin)

Once the Pirate Dragons are in rotation, I can shorten the CD on both Kushi and Okuni, perhaps allowing me 2 or even 3 uses per run. Understandably, not having orb changers might be fatal, but I think a team like this, with short CDs on defensive abilities, emphasizes F/L Horus' strengths.

Kreed

Wouldn't the BAD Anubis be a better sub? Especially in Astaroth teams?

It really depends on the team. "Good" Anubis getting a light subtype makes him great to have on color match teams to fill in dark and light slot with his extend orb time awakening and now his counter changing orb colors (as long as it's the colors you need). And having the attacker subtype will allow him to be on attacker teams. "Bad" Anubis' advantages are his leader skill power increase that's harder to activate and devil type. So if you run devil teams he would be a better sub. Thankfully Gungho made it easier to reverse evolutions so if you regret a choice you've made you can always switch him.

I can't see the benefit of doing F/F unless you're running him as a sub for a Fire/Goemon team.

yami4ct

Looking for a Heartbreaker for my Egyptian team. I have both a Bastet and Isis, so I'm not exactly sure which I'll main in the long run. The only one I currently have available is a Vampire. Is it worth investing the time/stamina to level and evolve him or should I try to find another one to run?

Dagnabbit! I had a dupe Horus and I am pretty sure I just used it to awaken my first. I wasn't thinking about keeping both. Grrr....

I do have two Anubis though, even though I don't think I have the skill to use him (I can't really get Horus or Kirin - or even Bastet - working very consistently). I did just evolve Isis so maybe I need to work with her for a while to get my skills up.

coy

Looking for a Heartbreaker for my Egyptian team. I have both a Bastet and Isis, so I'm not exactly sure which I'll main in the long run. The only one I currently have available is a Vampire. Is it worth investing the time/stamina to level and evolve him or should I try to find another one to run?

Main both! Isis can be for easy farming while Bastet can take on harder content. They are also two different styles of play (color-based vs. combo-based) so this pairing provides variety. As for the heartbreakers, I'd say collect and level all of them as they are essential pieces to teams. Vampire should be your focus: easy to skill up, great stats, good leader skill in either busty. You will be happy with Vampire, especially in an Isis team. If you haven't done Two Heroes yet, focus on a team that can conquer that dungeon. Once you get further in the game, then worry about picking up Valkyrie (a key component to a Bastet healer team if you choose to go with her).

J0dy77

I'm starting to notice the benefit of high recovery for end game teams but I can't pass up on the 25x combo possibility. I thought they were supposed to buff his RCV after people complained?

yami4ct

Main both! Isis can be for easy farming while Bastet can take on harder content. They are also two different styles of play (color-based vs. combo-based) so this pairing provides variety. As for the heartbreakers, I'd say collect and level all of them as they are essential pieces to teams. Vampire should be your focus: easy to skill up, great stats, good leader skill in either busty. You will be happy with Vampire, especially in an Isis team. If you haven't done Two Heroes yet, focus on a team that can conquer that dungeon. Once you get further in the game, then worry about picking up Valkyrie (a key component to a Bastet healer team if you choose to go with her).

Cool. That was definitely my leader plan. I've be running Isis more as it's much easier for me to build 3+ color combos rather than 4+ regular combos, but I've definitely been switching to Bastet for some dungeons she plays better in.

I'll definitely try to collect more heartbreakers. Glad to hear Vampire is going to work out. Going to run the mask dungeon today to get the masks to evolve him. Thanks a bunch!

ZeroAKA

I'm starting to notice the benefit of high recovery for end game teams but I can't pass up on the 25x combo possibility. I thought they were supposed to buff his RCV after people complained?
I remember that the RCV of F/L Horus did get buffed from 0 to 90.

Agree. It's really hard to stall with my Haku team right now due to low RCV. Running Twinlits with basically a Zeus/Healer team was pretty awesome for stalling.

Got my Naga all the way to Empress of Serpents and man she was totally worth grinding for. Having a lot more RCV and Menace have been absolute life savers. So glad to finally get her in my party.

Just wait until you start trying to skill her up. :D

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Agree. It's really hard to stall with my Haku team right now due to low RCV. Running Twinlits with basically a Zeus/Healer team was pretty awesome for stalling.

Haku is amazing, but stalling is rough. It's definitely her biggest set back - gravity skillups are almost required to be competitive with 16x+ multipliers.

Also, Echidna skilling is misery. So excited for you yami4ct! ;)

OH! And Horus talk! I have two, and I am happy...I can go both ways and not have to choose. Woo!

suko_32

I'm going F/F on my alt account, but that's only because that account is a very long way from being able to conquer the twinlit dungeon.

I've got 2 right now, and I am also struggling to decide what to do with each one. One is maxed with 40ish +eggs on it. I'm leaning on making that one F/F, and the baby non-plussed one F/L.

Selner

Cool. That was definitely my leader plan. I've be running Isis more as it's much easier for me to build 3+ color combos rather than 4+ regular combos, but I've definitely been switching to Bastet for some dungeons she plays better in.

I'll definitely try to collect more heartbreakers. Glad to hear Vampire is going to work out. Going to run the mask dungeon today to get the masks to evolve him. Thanks a bunch!

Feel free to run Isis all day every day :) .

For the dungeons I'm doing, she's like a I Win button.
Between Isis and Bastet I feel like my combo skills are improving quite a bit. Gotta love the big damage numbers :) .

J0dy77

Funny you say that. Haku was what made me realize the benefit of the high RCV. Having Horus, Valk and Echidna as staples on Horus teams makes it real easy to heal up.

For the few of you who this may help, here's a tip I just realized regarding feeding dupes for awakenings/skill-ups to your monsters that you already ultimate evo'd prior to awakenings being introduced.

Here's my example:

I have an ultimate Chaos Venus and 3 base Venuses. I want to maximize awakenings and skill-up chances. Obviously, the first thing to do is evo all 3 Venuses into Love Deity Venuses. And this is where people diverge on what they do next. Some will just feed all 3 Love Diety Venuses to Chaos Venus for skill-ups, and not bother with awakenings or just use TAMADRAs, because they can't be bothered to farm all the ultimate evo mats. Some will combine all 3 Venuses into 1 for max awakenings, then ultimate evo that into Chaos Venus to feed to their main Chaos Venus for a max awakenings. But then you only have 1 chance at a skill-up instead of 3. You could ultimate evo all 3 Venuses for both max skill-up attempts and full awakenings. That's the most obvious way to maximize both skill-up chances and awakenings. BUT, the most efficient way to do it is to devolve Chaos Venus to Love Deity Venus using the reduced requirement of 1 Lit of each element. Then, feed all 3 Love Deity Venuses to her for max skill-up chances and awakenings. Then, ultimate evo her back to Chaos Venus if you choose. This only requires 1 set of evo mats to ultimate evo Venus again, and a cheap set of Lits.

Tobe

Dtron/Dtron
D/L Anubis
D/L yomi
Gryps
Hanzo

Man dtron teams are now super stacked you have endless options with delay on D/D bats, Sonia for a full dark board. Arthur gryps combo. What's best is that I have all of them except Sonia and well I need an angelit. I'm a happy camper.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Dtron/Dtron
D/L Anubis
D/L yomi
Gryps
Hanzo

Man dtron teams are now super stacked you have endless options with delay on D/D bats, Sonia for a full dark board. Arthur gryps combo. What's best is that I have all of them except Sonia and well I need an angelit. I'm a happy camper.

*high five*

Finally got out of the shit trench! AND with the best monster/team currently in the game!

coy

For the few of you who this may help, here's a tip I just realized regarding feeding dupes for awakenings/skill-ups to your monsters that you already ultimate evo'd prior to awakenings being introduced.

Here's my example:

I have an ultimate Chaos Venus and 3 base Venuses. I want to maximize awakenings and skill-up chances. Obviously, the first thing to do is evo all 3 Venuses into Love Deity Venuses. And this is where people diverge on what they do next. Some will just feed all 3 Love Diety Venuses to Chaos Venus for skill-ups, and not bother with awakenings or just use TAMADRAs, because they can't be bothered to farm all the ultimate evo mats. Some will combine all 3 Venuses into 1 for max awakenings, then ultimate evo that into Chaos Venus to feed to their main Chaos Venus for a max awakenings. But then you only have 1 chance at a skill-up instead of 3. You could ultimate evo all 3 Venuses for both max skill-up attempts and full awakenings. That's the most obvious way to maximize both skill-up chances and awakenings. BUT, the most efficient way to do it is to devolve Chaos Venus to Love Deity Venus using the reduced requirement of 1 Lit of each element. Then, feed all 3 Love Deity Venuses to her for max skill-up chances and awakenings. Then, ultimate evo her back to Chaos Venus if you choose. This only requires 1 set of evo mats to ultimate evo Venus again, and a cheap set of Lits.

This was my exact plan if I ever pull a 3rd I&I or Persephone. Thankfully it's not the harsh cost of 5 dubmyths to devolve busties.

Tobe, that team looks real fun to play!

maks

Recently got Venus. Just used Change The World for the first time ever. Niiiiice! Such a fun skill to use.

Interesting stuff data mined out of 6.4:
Skill bind resist awakening (not actually surprising)
A new monster type icon that looks like a stack of coins
A silver REM

Tobe

Wish I had 100 sta to run 2 supers per stone. Gotta wAit on the weekend to grind OoH. But yeah I'm getting there it's been a good 100 something days with pad gaf. Also just got to Hera on endless with

Haku/Bastet
Enchilada
Busty orochi
Tsukuyomi
D/W vamp.

What is this?
Starting with Izanami Descended certain monsters will cast a debuff on you that prevent you from using active skills for some period of time.

Also starting with Izanami Descended is a debuff that reduces the time you get to move orbs. Not sure what the exact number is it's either -2sec/-3sec/half time.

Genji

Dtron/Dtron
D/L Anubis
D/L yomi
Gryps
Hanzo

Very nice! I'm missing Gryps and Hanzo but have a lot of other pieces (including 2xDtron). The lack of tamas for all the row and skill boosts is what's holding me back from making the switch. Hopefully I have a better Twinlit farming team next time it comes.

Top Bottom