• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Kreed

It's silver colored, that's all that's known. What exactly comes out of it is a different question.

Best case scenario: It's a 1 stone machine that only spits out silver and three star eggs (possibly a gold egg every once and a while at the same rate as a Tamadra appearance). Then Gungho can clean up the Gold rare egg machine so that it only spits out gold eggs (Gungho can increase the rate of Beast Riders to keep their troll egg pull rate).

Interesting stuff data mined out of 6.4:
Skill bind resist awakening (not actually surprising)
A new monster type icon that looks like a stack of coins
A silver REM

They already have that and it costs 5 stones to use

Starting with Izanami Descended certain monsters will cast a debuff on you that prevent you from using active skills for some period of time.

Also starting with Izanami Descended is a debuff that reduces the time you get to move orbs. Not sure what the exact number is it's either -2sec/-3sec/half time.

the 2nd sounds like a good improvement.

Big ol' NOPE.gif on the first one.

The thing they could do is have two bosses (much like 2Heroes), where one casts skills (heal, bind, shield, etc) and the other does work. Shocked they only have one Descended that has two bosses.

yami4ct

Interesting stuff data mined out of 6.4:
Skill bind resist awakening (not actually surprising)
A new monster type icon that looks like a stack of coins
A silver REM

The coin icon monster sounds like something that would be put on monsters that exist purely for a high sell value. Hope not, because the Weekend dungeon makes coins pretty trivial, but sounds like the most obvious answer. The Silver REM is very interesting, though. Wonder what it'll be? I could see it being a lower stone cost REM that spits out fewer (if any) top level monsters. What I'd love it to be, however unlikely it seems, would be a REM that could use PAL points. Give it a really high PAL cost, but also give it a slim chance at getting gods and whatnot. Would give an interesting secondary use for PAL points outside of the boring slog through most of the crap in the PAL machine.

Quick question guys. I was doing an XP run on the Castle of Satan and picked up a second Vamp. What should I do with him? Should I wait for a 2x Skill Up event and feed him to my other one or hold him to eventually get both Ults?

muu

The coin icon monster sounds like something that would be put on monsters that exist purely for a high sell value. Hope not, because the Weekend dungeon makes coins pretty trivial, but sounds like the most obvious answer. The Silver REM is very interesting, though. Wonder what it'll be? I could see it being a lower stone cost REM that spits out fewer (if any) top level monsters. What I'd love it to be, however unlikely it seems, would be a REM that could use PAL points. Give it a really high PAL cost, but also give it a slim chance at getting gods and whatnot. Would give an interesting secondary use for PAL points outside of the boring slog through most of the crap in the PAL machine.

Quick question guys. I was doing an XP run on the Castle of Satan and picked up a second Vamp. What should I do with him? Should I wait for a 2x Skill Up event and feed him to my other one or hold him to eventually get both Ults?

Lords are useful for cost limited dungeons. Since you mention skillup event, I'd put max skilling vamp as a high priority if you're running dark teams... one of the easiest attack stance monsters to skillup, and he's a completely different monster from lv1 (11 turns) to max skill (5 turns).

JP PAD doing weird stuff on iOS for me. Keeps trying to download something, but after hitting 100% it just restarts and tries again and again and again. This happening to anyone else?

JP PAD doing weird stuff on iOS for me. Keeps trying to download something, but after hitting 100% it just restarts and tries again and again and again. This happening to anyone else?
Not gonna attempt till I get out of work, but a lot of people seem to be having issues with hotfixing or even being able to start the game. Yay apology stones

Edit: try setting your timezone to Japan to fix the hotfix issue.

Nista

I'm a little worried that the update will make the game unplayable on my iphone 3gs. It's already a bit laggy at times.

Hopefully it comes with a day's worth of gold dragons. :p

J0dy77

Found this Twinlit team on Pad Guide . This would be my ultimate team but I don't have the Blodin or Dark Metatron. This hits the magic number of 8 skill cooldown awakenings. You can blast round 1 and go immediately to round 2 and delay dubs if necessary. Downside is that round 3 would be harder to get to the tamdra dance. Worst case scenario you'll have Ra skill before the dubmyths can attack and you take your chances on burning the twins with Ra combos.

474Ui93l.jpg

Anyone know a site or a list that shows all mobs with more than one skill cooldown?

I actually didn't have any problems with updating, maybe it's just the iOS version acting up. And there was a Tamadra waiting for me when the game got back up after maintenance, which was nice! :)

Edit: Ah, so that's why.

Radav

Found this Twinlit team on Pad Guide . This would be my ultimate team but I don't have the Blodin or Dark Metatron. This hits the magic number of 8 skill cooldown awakenings. You can blast round 1 and go immediately to round 2 and delay dubs if necessary. Downside is that round 3 would be harder to get to the tamdra dance. Worst case scenario you'll have Ra skill before the dubmyths can attack and you take your chances on burning the twins with Ra combos.

474Ui93l.jpg

Anyone know a site or a list that shows all mobs with more than one skill cooldown?

Omg wow! I don't have the Blue Odin or D. Tron either. Looks awesome though, I would love to be able to go that route with Twinlits.

http://mobile.gungho.jp/maintenance/pad/pua59k00000018zq.html

They know there is a problem and they are trying to correct it. There is no ETA as of now so all we can do is wait.

It is probably a good time to start playing the Japanese version if you want.

Free stones for the maintenance.
Today is the start of 4 free tamadoras and 1 stone.
I'm fairly certain an event starts tomorrow as well.

I'm all about more people trying out the JP side.

Selner

Silver REM thoughts.
Maybe its platinum? Or a new collab?

Or, maybe they're redoing the REM.
Silver for guaranteed silver egg. Gold for guaranteed gold egg. Diff stone price for each.

J0dy77

I'm all about more people trying out the JP side.

It's really crazy how many Tamdras they throw at the JP side. I am sitting on 20 with nothing to use it on because my mobs aren't high enough level. I awoke Siren just because. I keep holding out that we'll start seeing this in the US.

Limit

All other PAD copycats I have played have separate 5-6 star guarantee REM machines, not guarantee 4 star ones. Usually there is also some kind of token that you need to acquire before being able to roll at 5-6 guarantee REM machine. So this is either a collab REM or 5-6 guarantee drop. 4 star doesn't make sense.

quin

I decided on dark/dark Anubis because i never use him as a leader but i just had to see what he was like. The cascade was oh so kind to me.

I would love to see more people playing the japanese one too!!

Tobe

AWWWW YIIIISSS
1555553_771825929512668_435130206_n.png

Thought the Weekend Warriors were tough? Well come check out these guys!

Do you have the skills to conquer them, or will they lay your soul to waste? Don't wait around to test your mettle!

1/24 - Hera Descended
1/25 - Takeminakata Descends!
1/26 - Hera-Is Descended!
1/27 - Zeus Descended!

As a bonus for this special weekend, 1000 Pal Points are being awarded to players each day! The max limit for Pal Points is 10000, so make sure you use them before they go to waste!

Totakeke

Thought the Weekend Warriors were tough? Well come check out these guys!

Do you have the skills to conquer them, or will they lay your soul to waste? Don't wait around to test your mettle!

1/24 - Hera Descended
1/25 - Takeminakata Descends!
1/26 - Hera-Is Descended!
1/27 - Zeus Descended!

As a bonus for this special weekend, 1000 Pal Points are being awarded to players each day! The max limit for Pal Points is 10000, so make sure you use them before they go to waste!

For US.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...35063.484776928217571&type=1&relevant_count=1

Edit: Beaten.

PSA v6.4: Resist Damage 2%→3%, Lakshmi's Skill 8x→10x ATK, Echidna LS 3x→5x ATK, DL Anubis 4/7/10x at 8/9/10combo

http://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDr...64_resist_damage_23_lakshmis_skill_8x10x_atk/

Tobe

Damn wish I had a reliable team to do these fights with :(

post your box, regular hera is pretty easy if you can combo 4+heart. with a resist team sure it will take a LOT of time but thats how most of us did it (at least i did) i mean it wasnt really long since i got my first gravity and now im helping out ppl? GODDAMN!

Jinko

post your box, regular hera is pretty easy if you can combo 4+heart. with a resist team sure it will take a LOT of time but thats how most of us did it (at least i did) i mean it wasnt really long since i got my first gravity and now im helping out ppl? GODDAMN!

Posted it a couple pages back :p, I have a healer team I'm levelling but its slow going.

I might have a look and see if I can form a resist team though.

Tobe

Posted it a couple pages back :p, I have a healer team I'm levelling but its slow going.

I might have a look and see if I can form a resist team though.

well you got delay, any chance of evolving that piedrawn into jd? dont think you can but thats me.

yami4ct

Alright, anyone got any tips on running a resolve team for the Wednesday and Friday Dungeons? I almost got through the Mask expert, but got desiccated by the last mask set. I get having an orb changer is invaluable, but I guess I should be stocking up more orbs? How many sets should I have ready for the boss fight?

Tobe

Alright, anyone got any tips on running a resolve team for the Wednesday and Friday Dungeons? I almost got through the Mask expert, but got desiccated by the last mask set. I get having an orb changer is invaluable, but I guess I should be stocking up more orbs? How many sets should I have ready for the boss fight?

being real here, i never could resist my way through mask like NEVER. can you get a delay, that helps a ton.

yami4ct

being real here, i never could resist my way through mask like NEVER. can you get a delay, that helps a ton.

Getting a delay would mean switching form a Green team to a red team for my echidna. I could do it, but I'd be worried I wouldn't be able to auto-recover enough and I'd lose my orb changer.

Hmmmmm. Might just wait until I fully evolve my -Droid. My plan this week anyway. Was going to grind the Thursday dungeon tomorrow so I have enough fruit when the Tuesday green defender rolls around, I can evolve him in a single go. Seems like a much easier strategy than resists. Resists are just terrifying to play.

AWWWW YIIIISSS

I have a feeling I am getting close to being able to run descends but I know I need more leveling and skilling up. I tried doing the Fire Mechdragon and won, but it took 5 stones to do it. Got to the end easily, very easily, but then he hit with those cannons or whatever that double hit and got heart trolled too often and eventually, would die. Wasnt doing enough damage to counteract. As long as I had atleast 6 hearts on the board i was good, but yeah .. getting the dungeon to drop that many for you is not easy it seems.

So descends are probably out of the picture, unless I feel like buying 10 stones

yep that sure is damage on the order of a hundred million

Good ... LORD. And I flip out when I do a 36x combo with dual Okuninushi

chrono01

I've always done a Green Ogre, Two Emelit, and Two AB Bluebird Blue [with a Healer friend, such as Amatarasu, Enchantress of the Sea Siren, etc.].

I build up my AB Bluebird Blue on the first three sets of mobs and kill off any sync'd masks. Once I arrive on Floor 4, I use one AB Bluebird Blue [which kills off all of the masks after one round] and then the other on Floor 5. If I get a Mystic Mask invade, I use the AB Bluebird Blue early on, and then try building it back up. I'm successful 90% of the time, although if I get a Mystic Mask invade [say on Floor 3] and don't have both AB Bluebird Blue up for Floor 4/5, it can be tricky [since you're virtually guaranteed sync'd masks on those floors, and with low counters if you can't make five-orb matches it can be dangerous]. I'm almost tempted to bring in a third AB Bluebird Blue for safety...

Other than that, a decent Healer friend will be able to heal you back to full after each attack, just keep your HP as low as possible and make sure no two enemies attack on the same turn.

Damaniel

Banned
So, I've been at this for a little over a week now. Just managed to clear the Tower of Satan, and now the Tower of Flare is kicking my ass. :)

Is there any good guide as to when a player should be capable of beating particular special/technical dungeons? I don't want to waste 20+ stamina trying a dungeon where I'm going to get one shotted in the first room, but at the same time, I don't know how bad one is going to be until I go in.

Off to go work on leveling some of my creatures...

Tobe

So, I've been at this for a little over a week now. Just managed to clear the Tower of Satan, and now the Tower of Flare is kicking my ass. :)

Is there any good guide as to when a player should be capable of beating particular special/technical dungeons? I don't want to waste 20+ stamina trying a dungeon where I'm going to get one shotted in the first room, but at the same time, I don't know how bad one is going to be until I go in.

Off to go work on leveling some of my creatures...

if you aint playing with padguide or something like that on the side you are doing it wrong bro. you gotta gi joe this shit, knowing is half the fight.

quin

3 stones(and a tamadora) for JP players tomorrow!

Has anyone here tried the tri-fruits dungeon yet? I need suggestions...

raiot

I'm honestly mad about GungHo not giving us the Tamadras JP gets...
I just don't get tamadras from Jewel Dragons and the Gadcha. My only reliable source was the Twinlit dungeon...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I just don't get tamadras from Jewel Dragons and the Gadcha. My only reliable source was the Twinlit dungeon...

It's a weird sort of bullshit. There's no reason for it even.

yeah its proper bullshit. I don't think I've gotten any from the metal dragons, just stupid lucky PAL pulls, twinlits, and the TAM dungeon

Radav

It's a weird sort of bullshit. There's no reason for it even.

Whyyyyy?!?!?!? I don't understand either. I could make good use of them, please Gungho send some free tamadras our way! Looking forward to the challenge mode. I wonder where I'll find the time to run them. I still haven't finished the last set of technicals, startlight sanctuary and obviously Zaerog's dungeon. With the constant influx events now the off weeks are almost always spent farming for xp or skillup mobs. The free stones will be enough to get me to do them, I'll just feel like I'm neglecting something else.

Murako hit 800k Twitter followers, Survey Dungeon 7 incoming? What would people even want? Top two candidates at this moment are Flame Chaser and MIK I'm guessing.

Top Bottom