• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Kreed

MIK? what's that?
survey dungeon? rather give us some collab again..
or echidna dungeon again!

Mystic Ice Knight, the only Knight to not have it's own dungeon . Survey Dungeons are dungeons that get created based on Japanese player votes. The Echidna dungeon and Drawn Joker dungeons were a result of that. Usually Japanese players vote based on monsters they want to skill up more easily, so the Chasers and Mystic Ice Knight are good candidates.

xCobalt

I hope they can create a monster in the future that skills up Ceres/Amaterasu. Full heal every 10 turns could make her pretty useful stalling on Devil teams.

ccbfan

Murako hit 800k Twitter followers, Survey Dungeon 7 incoming? What would people even want? Top two candidates at this moment are Flame Chaser and MIK I'm guessing.

I'm surprised Flame Chaser is more popular than Dark Chaser considering how much more popular Haku is over the rest of the Chinese Gods not called Kirin.

I'll skill my MIK if there's a dungeon but does any party even use a MIK?. I'm not sure if I've every used my Fenrir before. (Phoenix Knight not much better)

J0dy77

I'm honestly mad about GungHo not giving us the Tamadras JP gets...
I just don't get tamadras from Jewel Dragons and the Gadcha. My only reliable source was the Twinlit dungeon...

It's a weird sort of bullshit. There's no reason for it even.

Extremely frustrating. I really thought we would see the daily Tamdra during the holiday event. We'll get it eventually. Trying to stay positive.

Are we going to set something up where everyone runs challenge mode leaders on Mondays?

I vote for Wednesday. I never run the Wednesday dungeon but like to run Techs on Monday for the 1.5x drop.

PSA: DO NOT OPEN THE FREE PAL POINTS YOU RECEIVE OVER THE WEEKEND. If you hold off for the next Jewel event you'll most likely cap your 50 rolls prior and have to waste rolls.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I feel pretty lucky to have BlOdin and GrOdin. Fully awoken, they make team building so much fun. I've been farming Mystic Legend Green with Bastet/Bastet + BlOdin/GrOdin/Valk/Echidna. It's almost impossible to lose with that HP, CD reduction, and extra move time.

J0dy77

I feel pretty lucky to have BlOdin and GrOdin. Fully awoken, they make team building so much fun. I've been farming Mystic Legend Green with Bastet/Bastet + BlOdin/GrOdin/Valk/Echidna. It's almost impossible to lose with that HP, CD reduction, and extra move time.

I hate you!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I hate you!

I remember when I pulled GrOdin back in the day. I was so excited since it was either GrOdin or Amaterasu that everyone wanted. What's really fucked up is how even after pulling in all the godfests since, I haven't seen any other Odin (besides my lucky blue pull). Those hit rates are SUPER low.

Zero_IYAD

I have them Max leveled & fully awoken + Max leveled & fully awoken Tengu
Still no idea how to use them in teams :(

Tobe

I got enough mats for at least 20 evolved dark pengdras. The problem is who to evolve, yesterday I got dtron to 62, should i level Hanzo? Gryps? D/d bats? Air should I level yomi get her to tsukuyomi feed get the awakening(it would be the last one she needs)

Btw in this patch are we getting the ultimate evos for Horus Isis anubis enchilada? Or that's 6.4?

I got enough mats for at least 20 evolved dark pengdras. The problem is who to evolve, yesterday I got dtron to 62, should i level Hanzo? Gryps? D/d bats? Air should I level yomi get her to tsukuyomi feed get the awakening(it would be the last one she needs)

Btw in this patch are we getting the ultimate evos for Horus Isis anubis enchilada? Or that's 6.4?
Horus Isis are 6.3, Anubis and Snake are 6.4.

Jinko

Alright, anyone got any tips on running a resolve team for the Wednesday and Friday Dungeons? I almost got through the Mask expert, but got desiccated by the last mask set. I get having an orb changer is invaluable, but I guess I should be stocking up more orbs? How many sets should I have ready for the boss fight?

I normally run 2/2.5 x HP/RVC leaders get your HP up around 40k, Echidna for delay and maybe shiva for defence break. (if you have him)

Resolve can be a crap shoot if you are given a bad board or monsters land on the same turn timer.

So, I've been at this for a little over a week now. Just managed to clear the Tower of Satan, and now the Tower of Flare is kicking my ass. :)

Is there any good guide as to when a player should be capable of beating particular special/technical dungeons? I don't want to waste 20+ stamina trying a dungeon where I'm going to get one shotted in the first room, but at the same time, I don't know how bad one is going to be until I go in.

Off to go work on leveling some of my creatures...

For ranking purposes you will want to stick with Castle of Satan : King of Darkness, gives the best XP per stamina until Tier 5 dungeons.
You should be able to do the first technical dungeons, get a good red team going or a resist wood team and you should be ok.

I have them Max leveled & fully awoken + Max leveled & fully awoken Tengu
Still no idea how to use them in teams :(

easy Twinlit team. That gives you (at least) 6 skill boosts, reducing the time you have to wait to charge Echidna. If you can manage a few more skill boosts you should be able to faceroll Twinlit.

massoluk

Banned
Gonna try to grab hera-is this time with Umiyama and Bastet team. I always screw up trying to get 25X, you guys think 20x max is enough to make it?

Game plan.

Leader- Umiyama
Subleader- Bastet
Wolfy Chulain, Siren the Enchanter, Enchilada, Lucifer (or Awoken Zeus).

I have some black pendgras I can feed (and I will probably have more in a little bit when the village opens for me) and am wondering what my priority should be. Here's the options:

1- Queen Persephone 44
2- Loki the Finisher 76
3 - Awoken Hera 57 (this is my 2nd, I have a max level already)
4 - Dark Liege Vamp Lord 69
5 - bustied Drawn Joker 34
6 - Satan 4 (I have 3 of these, none evolved)
7 - Anubis 30
8 - go off color and do Awoken Athena (17), Awoken Zeus (66 - just need the 2 supers to busty him), bustied Verche 54, bustied Angelion 64, Kirin 91

I know that is a lot of options but that is part of my problem - I feel like I am losing focus. In case it helps, here are my max level monsters:
War Deity of Fury, Ares
Freyr, the Blazing Swordsman
Flame Deity Falcon Horus
Shiva, the Destroyer
Phoenix Knight Homura (worth bustying this one?)
Empress of Serpents, Echidna
Sea Deity Abyss Neptune
Fortune Deity Lakshmi
Enchantress of the Sea, Siren
Ancient Dragon Knight Zeal
Noble Wolf King Hero, Cu Chulainn
Freyja, the Fertility Goddess
Awoken Odin
Parvati, the Golden Goddess
Warrior Rose, Graceful Valkyrie
Awoken Hera

Thanks for any suggestions.

I have some black pendgras I can feed (and I will probably have more in a little bit when the village opens for me) and am wondering what my priority should be. Here's the options:

4 - Dark Liege Vamp Lord 69

Heartbreakers have great stats and can be used on many teams (egyptian, burst, etc.). That's my vote

Zero_IYAD

easy Twinlit team. That gives you (at least) 6 skill boosts, reducing the time you have to wait to charge Echidna. If you can manage a few more skill boosts you should be able to faceroll Twinlit.
TWINLITS! Free team. Check my post from yesterday.
Twinlits team built is very strict:
L/L Zeus, Queen Hera, Hera-Is, Echidna, Lilith

I can sub out Queen Hera & Hera-Is with both Odins, but I'll lose lots of dark damage.
Also the only benefit is skipping +5 turns to charge Echidna..
The REAL problem with this dungeon is the 1st round ONLY, so subbing both Odins in wouldn't really change much with in that damned round =_=

The team you posted yesterday requires skill & extremely good luck with the board to trigger both Ras
You basically use them for gimmicky teams requiring high CD reduction. They also have great stats...But mostly CD reducers.
That's what I did when I cleared Heavenly Earth

I am going to post my Box and see if I can brainstorm a capable Hera Descended team for tomorrow. Any help would be appreciated!

TS0lGP8l.png
Wyib4Nvl.png

QdVLVyyl.png

I know I will need Odin. So if someone has a max level, like super Odin I could add in, that would be awesome. As for the rest ...

Thinking my Shiva or Droid to break Neptune. I have a Keeper of the Rainbow at the moment I may use ...

So

Leader ) unknown
Sub 1 ) Shiva / Droid
Sub 2 ) Keeper
Sub 3 ) Joker / Siren / Angelion
Sub 4 ) Unknown ( maybe high health guy like Water Asgard Mech, who has 4.2K health )
Sub Leader ) Odin

Thats my current brainstorm. Thinking of trying to get lucky and get a Lilith to drop for me that I could quickly level up maybe ...

linsivvi

I am going to post my Box and see if I can brainstorm a capable Hera Descended team for tomorrow. Any help would be appreciated!

I know I will need Odin. So if someone has a max level, like super Odin I could add in, that would be awesome. As for the rest ...

Thinking my Shiva or Droid to break Neptune. I have a Keeper of the Rainbow at the moment I may use ...

So

Leader ) unknown
Sub 1 ) Shiva / Droid
Sub 2 ) Keeper
Sub 3 ) Joker / Siren / Angelion
Sub 4 ) Unknown ( maybe high health guy like Water Asgard Mech, who has 4.2K health )
Sub Leader ) Odin

Thats my current brainstorm. Thinking of trying to get lucky and get a Lilith to drop for me that I could quickly level up maybe ...

Lead with Drawn Joker. Maybe put Echidna in if your hp is high enough. If not, another Keeper or a sub with the highest hp.

Edit: You just need hp > 8213 to survive Hades. The hardest will be the first 4 rounds before your skills are up. So charge skills at round 1 with 1 enemy left.

I can sub out Queen Hera & Hera-Is with both Odins, but I'll lose lots of dark damage.
The REAL problem with this dungeon is the 1st round ONLY, so subbing both Odins in wouldn't really change much with in that damned round =_=

The team you posted yesterday requires skill & extremely good luck with the board to trigger both Ras

Why lilith over say... Neptune?
Max skill availability?

Lead with Drawn Joker. Maybe put Echidna in if your hp is high enough. If not, another Keeper or a sub with the highest hp.

Edit: You just need hp > 8213 to survive Hades. The hardest will be the first 4 rounds before your skills are up. So charge skills at round 1 with 1 enemy left.

Awesome, ok so ..

Leader ) Drawn Joker

Sub 1 ) Echidna
Sub 2 ) Siren / Angelion
Sub 3 ) Top Droiddragon
Sub 4 ) High HP sub ( like my Asgard with 4.2K health )

Sub Leader ) Odin ( MAX Odin )

Plugging in the data shows I will have 12.5K health, so should be good there. But only 5K total attack, which is pultry lol. 2.1K RCV which should be good enough for just 12K health. Thuis would be like a 5 hour build I think lol.

linsivvi

Awesome, ok so ..

Leader ) Drawn Joker

Sub 1 ) Echidna
Sub 2 ) Siren / Angelion
Sub 3 ) Top Droiddragon

Plugging in the data shows I will have 12.5K health, so should be good there. But only 5K total attack, which is pultry lol. 2.1K RCV which should be good enough for just 12K health. Thuis would be like a 5 hour build I think lol.

LOL yeah I remember my first descend took like 2-3 hours. Once you have Hera though you can use her to farm the next one and it will go much faster.

I'm surprised Flame Chaser is more popular than Dark Chaser considering how much more popular Haku is over the rest of the Chinese Gods not called Kirin.

I'll skill my MIK if there's a dungeon but does any party even use a MIK?. I'm not sure if I've every used my Fenrir before. (Phoenix Knight not much better)
People want Flame Chaser to create that Tengu easy mode farm team. But for that use, you only need 1 Flame Chaser and don't need to skill it up. It's a waste to have a dedicated dungeon for it. As you say, I'd much rather have a Dark Chaser dungeon, since Haku is the most useful Chinese God to skill-up besides Kirin who already has Fagan's dungeon for skill-ups. And for anyone who really wanted to skill-up a Fenrir Kamui we've had ample opportunity to do it, since it's been around since the game launched, in the REM and various dungeons. And it's been farmable several times during the COSITA/COS events. It would be nice if GH completed the set of Mystic Knight dungeons, but if it's either/or than it's better to get a dungeon for the monster that's only a super rare invasion in a dungeon that rarely comes around. MIKs are available everywhere.

Max skill availability?

Aside from not everyone having a Neptune, IMO he's overkill. You need the skill charged the time you get to round 2 and you basically win. I believe Lilith has the shortest cooldown for that.

People want Flame Chaser to create that Tengu easy mode farm team. But for that use, you only need 1 Flame Chaser and don't need to skill it up. It's a waste to have a dedicated dungeon for it. As you say, I'd much rather have a Dark Chaser dungeon, since Haku is the most useful Chinese God to skill-up besides Kirin who already has Fagan's dungeon for skill-ups. And for anyone who really wanted to skill-up a Fenrir Kamui we've had ample opportunity to do it, since it's been around since the game launched, in the REM and various dungeons. And it's been farmable several times during the COSITA/COS events. It would be nice if GH completed the set of Mystic Knight dungeons, but if it's either/or than it's better to get a dungeon for the monster that's only a super rare invasion in a dungeon that rarely comes around. MIKs are available everywhere.

I'd kill for a Haku skill up dungeon. Luckily, I got a skillup on her w/ the 3rd Haku I pulled. 9 turn min? hells yes

J0dy77

Think you're missing a couple key factors of this team

- 8 skill cooldown lets you bypass round 1. You don't need to activate Ra's active to get through 20k and 75k health respectively. Just max combos and mass attack if possible. And with new Ra there is less potential of troll and could wind up with 16x damage.

- Round 2: if you catch all 3 dubs on 3 turn cooldown you can try and burn through them with mass attack light which would make this a completely free run. With the team i proposed you have 6 light sources, you would only need to make 2 other attacks on the dubs to get through. I was successful with this once with a zeus team after burning round 1 too early. If you can't burn them use echidna delay.

- Round 3 - focus on the dub myths. This is the only place where this could get tricky because of the Tamdra lockout but is very manageable. When the tamdra is left alone you get to setup the board with a massive combo before going to the twins. Twins are one shot from the 49 damage combo.

The only risk of failure with this team is if you can't burn both dub myths in round 3.

Max skill availability?

What boss said. The cooldown is much more important than the damage and the stats. A lot of people have Max Lilith from Poring, not having to wait an extra 8 turns is a big benefit.

yami4ct

Ok, so now that I have 50 stamina and have almost completed my teams that can easily farm dailyies, I'm now starting to think about being able to run Descends in the near future. I'm hoping to be ready for them in a couple weeks or so. My main question is, what Descend should I be looking out for? What's a good beginner one? I know some are way harder than others, but I have zero concept of which ones are worth running early on.

Ok, so now that I have 50 stamina and have almost completed my teams that can easily farm dailyies, I'm now starting to think about being able to run Descends in the near future. I'm hoping to be ready for them in a couple weeks or so. My main question is, what Descend should I be looking out for? What's a good beginner one? I know some are way harder than others, but I have zero concept of which ones are worth running early on.

Hera / 2Heroes are generally considered to be the easiest two. Shoot for Hera if you have no gravities.

Link to your box if you want some inputs

J0dy77

I'm hoping this loop bug is actually a bug, and not a feature...

And I hope that the next survey dungeon are for king slimes.

Is this about JP? I'm guessing this because I tried to load up this morning and it keeps loading the same content over and over. Can't get in. Have to back that account up before i lose it.

Is this about JP? I'm guessing this because I tried to load up this morning and it keeps loading the same content over and over. Can't get in. Have to back that account up before i lose it.

Yep, JP. You have to set your time to Japan time in order to end the loop. At that point, you can change back to your local time, but if the app restarts, the loop starts all over again.

Really annoying.

Zero_IYAD

Think you're missing a couple key factors of this team

- 8 skill cooldown lets you bypass round 1. You don't need to activate Ra's active to get through 20k and 75k health respectively. Just max combos and mass attack if possible. And with new Ra there is less potential of troll and could wind up with 16x damage.

- Round 2: if you catch all 3 dubs on 3 turn cooldown you can try and burn through them with mass attack light which would make this a completely free run. With the team i proposed you have 6 light sources, you would only need to make 2 other attacks on the dubs to get through. I was successful with this once with a zeus team after burning round 1 too early. If you can't burn them use echidna delay.

- Round 3 - focus on the dub myths. This is the only place where this could get tricky because of the Tamdra lockout but is very manageable. When the tamdra is left alone you get to setup the board with a massive combo before going to the twins. Twins are one shot from the 49 damage combo.

The only risk of failure with this team is if you can't burn both dub myths in round 3
Interesting :eek: !
This might really be safe IF it can one shoot the 1st round as you mentioned!
& indeed, with Ra's busty matching a combo & triggering his multiplier might be a lil easier.

Kreed

Just a reminder for everyone but with the 6.3 update coming tomorrow here's the list of skills/monsters who are getting additional effects added to their skills.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/activeskillchanges.asp

Awesome, ok so ..

Leader ) Drawn Joker

Sub 1 ) Echidna
Sub 2 ) Siren / Angelion
Sub 3 ) Top Droiddragon

If you can't get your hands on an Odin friend you can use Nebradisk instead and maybe a a friend's Hades instead of Drawn Joker for more defense and access to 35% gravity. Only drawback is you don't have Odin's Gungir but the gravity will help lower the amount of time the battle would normally take.

LOL yeah I remember my first descend took like 2-3 hours. Once you have Hera though you can use her to farm the next one and it will go much faster.

Looking at Hera man ... really like the Ultimate Evo she gets. Seems to be nearly tops in all categories for her type.

So def. will be running Hera tomorrow. Just hope I got the skillz to get it done without dropping 10 stones lol. Even then wouldn't be too upset, basically 2 REM pulls so not too bad.

If you can't get your hands on an Odin friend you can use Nebradisk instead and maybe a a friend's Hades instead of Drawn Joker for more defense and access to 35% gravity. Only drawback is you don't have Odin's Gungir but the gravity will help lower the amount of time the battle would normally take.

I will likely run Odin first, to get a feel for the dungeon. See how it all goes. If I get creamed, will likely try this also. Will try several times before sitting on a team and spending the stones, if necessary, to pass the dungeon. Right now I am on the fence about Echidna. Might throw her out for another attacker with decent health / RCV ... maybe. We'll see. I'm sure the extra turns will come in handy trying to hit floor 5.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Looking at Hera man ... really like the Ultimate Evo she gets. Seems to be nearly tops in all categories for her type.

So def. will be running Hera tomorrow. Just hope I got the skillz to get it done without dropping 10 stones lol. Even then wouldn't be too upset, basically 2 REM pulls so not too bad.

Divine Hera is really awesome. Get yourself 2 Hera if you can stomach the dungeon.

I hope by slimes you mean chasers. :p

I weep for all the king jewel dragons who were fed away with no skill-ups to show for it. Let's meet halfway and agree that we should have a King Slime dungeon and a chaser dungeon.

They put up a notice and an FAQ update yesterday that was basically like "deal with it". Android has had to do the time zone thing since forever, too.

:( Not like this.

yami4ct

Hera / 2Heroes are generally considered to be the easiest two. Shoot for Hera if you have no gravities.

Link to your box if you want some inputs

I'm far from ready, but here's what I got so far.

Current plan is to get my -Droid evolved for easy Mask Daily farming, get my Ripper dragons all the way up to their 5 stars for general usefulness (but mostly for Tuesday farming). After that I plan to work on evolving Vampire and Isis.

That makes my current team as

Isis/Bastet (Depending on the situation) Leader
Echidna
Vampire-evo
(not sure)
(not sure, Maybe stick with the green mystic knight line?)

Current plan is to get my -Droid evolved for easy Mask Daily farming, get my Ripper dragons all the way up to their 5 stars for general usefulness (but mostly for Tuesday farming). After that I plan to work on evolving Vampire and Isis.

That makes my current team as

Isis/Bastet (Depending on the situation) Leader
Echidna
Vampire-evo
(not sure)
(not sure, Maybe stick with the green mystic knight line?)

As a general rule, store your + eggs on a single monster until about 15ish and then feed to a useful sub (probably Echidna). This really only applies to your 'fodder'.

yami4ct

As a general rule, store your + eggs on a single monster until about 15ish and then feed to a useful sub (probably Echidna). This really only applies to your 'fodder'.

Yeah, was about to consolidate them. Haven't taken the time yet. I was thinking about storing them on my Tama, but didn't necessarily want to tie them to a single awakening. Most of the random +s on my main monsters came with them, though, so I didn't throw them on. D'Spinias, Vampire and Aqua Baron all came with +s originally. I put them on my gift dragon before really knowing about them.

Kreed

I'm reading rumors that with this 6.3 update PAD won't work on rooted devices any more. Any truth to it?

This was a fear when 6.3 first hit Japan but most of the Japanese players/players playing the Japanese version on Android say it hasn't been an issue.

updated my box after poring tower and pengdra village today...
looking hot :p
www.puzzledragonx.com/en/profile.asp?u=19854
I'll definitely try to bruteforce my way with zeus :p
I'm willing to 5 stone for it :p
I'm just missing him, satan and dios anyway :X
if only i had haku XD
anyway 99 monster now are ares, hera, hera-is, hera-ur, valkyrie, astaroth..
aiming for vamp (i'm almost there), sieg and cu (almost there too), starting kirin (light), horus (fire) :p
i think i'll 3-4 stone for the next round of pengdra village tonight!

Because not all of us have a Neptune -.-

eh.. :X
I have a neptune (second form, still to busty) with 4 skill level or a lilith (still to evolve but w/e, she's 70 already and i have some spare exp for worst case scenario) with max skill..
If i were to choose, which should i go with? consider they both are underlevelled so i'd put in one of the two a 1m exp roughly (lilith post evo would be 1, neptune is level 11 or something like that)..
and to which neptune form should i give prio? (got a second form neptune and a first form neptune so i can do both theoretically, but dunno with which i should bother first)

I'm reading rumors that with this 6.3 update PAD won't work on rooted devices any more. Any truth to it?

This was a fear when 6.3 first hit Japan but most of the Japanese players/players playing the Japanese version on Android say it hasn't been an issue.
It blocked an easy method that was previously used to hide root status (rooted devices have never worked on JP PAD without workarounds) so errybody just switched to a different, but still easy method. If you're worried about NA PAD wiping your save file due to the anti-root tech making its way into our 6.3 you should probably wait for multiple confirmation from braver people.

Top Bottom