• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

J0dy77

Low level Challenge Mode = 6 Valks.

I hate the new AOE effect.

Yeah, not a fan. I'm going to turn them off as soon as we can.

Nice. TAMAs went from being super hard to get, to pretty easy if you have a Twinlit farm team. I'd much rather farm Twinlits for a guaranteed TAMA or Dub-myth than farm the Expert Sprite dungeon for a 33% Dub-myth on 2x days and even lower chances on non-2x days.

Speak for yourself. 9 clears this past event and I got 1 Tamdra!!! ;)

Boo...no super metal. I was so eager to ultimate evolve Hera.

Love Divine Queen Hera. Ran through a couple farm dungeons with her last night, it's my new favorite farm team. 12.5x multiplier on every single attack. This team might even have descended capability if you get the right subs. Really want to see more of them on my friend list.

Nista

Sad, I wanted to get some red super metals right now. :(

And as much as I've never been much of a Hello Kitty fan, those monsters are pretty cool. I want the Maru Joker.

challenge mode with 6 max awoken satans = gg. whats the calculation on 18 dark row enhances anyways? Also, I am also red group and no super metals =(

I now have 14 stones and still got all the technicals to do and most of the higher level normals. Good lord,

I ran Hera and got rolled on floor 2. Annoying how bad the orb cycling seems to be in those.

I am going horde mode on these stones and pal points I think. Wait for a very good godfest

Selner

I now have 14 stones and still got all the technicals to do and most of the higher level normals. Good lord,

I ran Hera and got rolled on floor 2. Annoying how bad the orb cycling seems to be in those.

I am going horde mode on these stones and pal points I think. Wait for a very good godfest

The next godfest is over a week away, right?
So I've got until then to clear the Castle of Satan, Abyss and then start clearing normal dungeons for additional free stones.

Hopefully the next godfest will have a nice selection of gods :) . I'll probably roll on it regardless, as I have no gods :( .

Catching up with all the posts since late last night. Jesus Lord at those San Rio mobs. I want them all!

And I know I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up with upgrades to Shiva, especially seeing what they did with Lakshmi and Parv.

Those Sanrio mobs, though. Damn! Look at what you're doing to me, GungHo! I'm fiending for these cute cuddly animals. Not good.

linsivvi

So PADX is still incorrectly showing Fire Starters as having Super Metals right now. But I checked the Wikia guide http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Puzzle_&_Dragons_Wiki and they changed it to tomorrow at 10a Pacific.

Wikia must have changed it within the last hour. At least we'll get it tomorrow.

PADherder just updated it too.

What set up is everyone using for a Haku led Hera farming squad?

My team was Hakux2/Hera/Hera-Is/Echidna/Vampire

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Challenge Mode King of Gods, Celestial Black Dragon, and Fagan will be impressive to see. What are JP players using for those?

Teriyaki

Really finding the added secondary skills to be sweet on ripper dragons (orb color change). Any other ones added that people feel are useful?

J0dy77

Took a closer look at all of the Hello Kitty Colab mobs, they all seem pretty terrible. tty maybe for the 1 turn delay. Glad I don't want any.

Decided to do a ton of Hera farming today. Going to spend a bunch of stones since we'll be getting free ones from the Challenge mode. Please keep your high level valks up, have to get over that Ceres threshold. Thanks!

Jinko

yeah the schedule is fucked. Your regular metals are based on your ID.

And this is why GungHo should add the damn schedule to PAD itself. Relying on 3rd parties for this is just bull

There is a cool little PAD clone I've been dabbling with called Dragon & Sword and they show up and coming events greyed out in the dungeon selection UI, it actually has a lot of neat little features which Gungho should have incorporated by now (such as find a monster will direct you to the correct dungeon) and greyed out stars to tell you the max evolution for monsters, but nope they just keep adding more monsters instead.

Kreed

Really finding the added secondary skills to be sweet on ripper dragons (orb color change). Any other ones added that people feel are useful?

The counter orb changes for Anubis are very nice, although I'm not running any teams where he would produce/remove orbs of the wrong color. And I like that the starters/gift dragons function even more like the Norse gods with their breath attack having an element attack boost. Now I don't have to waste a spot for the collab mobs with x enhance when I run mono teams.

Took a closer look at all of the Hello Kitty Colab mobs, they all seem pretty terrible. tty maybe for the 1 turn delay. Glad I don't want any.

You may want to look at TAMADRApurin again (or at least the discussion we were having about it earlier), unless you just don't want to be tempted to try to pull for one.

Ran a 10 pal roll test to see if GungHo will F you over if you actually use your points. My last 5 10 roll pal pulls gave me minimum of 2 gold eggs. My last one gave me 4 lol .

This one? 0 gold eggs . Just as expected. So will def not be using any more while this is going on.

Ran a 10 pal roll test to see if GungHo will F you over if you actually use your points. My last 5 10 roll pal pulls gave me minimum of 2 gold eggs. My last one gave me 4 lol .

This one? 0 gold eggs . Just as expected. So will def not be using any more while this is going on.

Well, theres no event going on. So you aren't gonna get anything good. You should save your pal points for an event.

xCobalt

They didnt announce any additions to the PAL machine for this "event". We're only getting some descends.

linsivvi

Yeah what the others said. Don't open the rest of the mails this weekend so you can keep the pal points stored in the mails, as you can only have 5000 pal points max. Save it for the next event.

massoluk

Banned

Decided to do a ton of Hera farming today. Going to spend a bunch of stones since we'll be getting free ones from the Challenge mode. Please keep your high level valks up, have to get over that Ceres threshold. Thanks!

I don't know, I kinda want San Rio healer. Change to heal orbs + 3000 HP? Doesn't sound bad. Sounds impossible to level the skills though -__-.

So I think they really screwed up the Challenge Mode by not giving PAL points. The reason I leave certain leaders up (Valk, Haku)...is to get PAL points (people using my lead...) to pull for good things.

So not i'm supposed to leave up a random sub and get no points?

I don't know, I kinda want San Rio healer. Change to heal orbs + 3000 HP? Doesn't sound bad. Sounds impossible to level the skills though -__-.
All the double slimes skill up the fruit dragons so they're probably drops from the collab dungeon. If GungHo ever decides to be charitable and actually give us access to them from the REM then yeah.

Was using my Goemon team to farm Hera, but wanted to see if I had any other teams that could do the job. I tried out my Light Meta team, and I think with just bit more levels, it'll be better. Got to Hera and popped off skills to burst her down (Echilada wasn't ready b/c she was used to delay Ceres of all mobs due to orb troll), and this is was the result:

oWjNOE3l.jpg

Orz

Re-clearing these Challenge mode dungeons is as tedious as Plant farming so far. Been mindlessly clearing them with Kagutsuchi and I think I only had to stam refresh once. But I got 18 stones for my boredom so far!

I should be running Hera though. Gotta get the final 2 skill-ups on my Queen Hera. The Challenge dungeons will always be available.

Colby

Just a quick tip: some of the dungeons get half stamina at times. Wait to do your challenges until then and save yourself some stamina.

I got 2 more Hera earlier (making 4 extra to go along with 2 I have evolved) using 1 stone on the first, 2 on the second. I think it is Minerva who has been causing me the most grief. I've been using a Valk team (Valk/Valk, King Shynee, Echidna, Angelion, Freyja) and it has done reasonable well. My Angelion is under-leveled (comparatively) at 67 and I am wondering if switching out Freyja would help. I guess I need to work on Ltron, Venus, or my 2nd Valk.

Not sure just how many more times I am going to run the dungeon. Obviously I could probably go another 60 times and still not be guaranteed to max skill one Hera. I got a little sidetracked doing challenge missions but have only got the first three eggs so far.

linsivvi

Just a quick tip: some of the dungeons get half stamina at times. Wait to do your challenges until then and save yourself some stamina.

Yep, that's what I'm doing. I'm only clearing dungeons with bonus on.

Cleared challenge of a tier 5 normal dungeon with a random Horus team, which makes me reconsider what has been mentioned by someone else earlier: evolving Horus into R/R instead. The RCV of that team was godly and since I have Kirin now, I do not really need the 5x from Horus.

Holy crap my current team is burning through Hera with ease! The only ones I may have issues with is Hades and Hera herself.

Currently on Ceres and never had an issue.

Current team is

Leader : Artemis
Sub 1 : Messenger of God, Archangel
Sub 2 : Sacred Dragon Beast, Angelion
Sub 3 : Top DroidDragon
Sub 4 : Cu Chulainn, the Green Lancer
Sub Leader : Awoken Odin

Good attack from both light and green, which. Can nuke Neptune with Top Droid. Dunno what to do with Hades accept wish for massive attack each round and use Odin. Then just pray for good heart drops during the Hera fight. I figured this team could be good with the 2x HP and ATK from Artemis for both the light and the green. With strong light attack and sub attack from most everyone on the team which could help with Hades and Hera.

We'll see how it goes! Doubt I will 0 stone but def. getting further then my previous 2 tries.

Tobe

Holy crap my current team is burning through Hera with ease! The only ones I may have issues with is Hades and Hera herself.

Currently on Ceres and never had an issue.

Current team is

Leader : Artemis
Sub 1 : Messenger of God, Archangel
Sub 2 : Sacred Dragon Beast, Angelion
Sub 3 : Top DroidDragon
Sub 4 : Cu Chulainn, the Green Lancer
Sub Leader : Awoken Odin

Good attack from both light and green, which. Can nuke Neptune with Top Droid. Dunno what to do with Hades accept wish for massive attack each round and use Odin. Then just pray for good heart drops during the Hera fight. I figured this team could be good with the 2x HP and ATK from Artemis for both the light and the green. With strong light attack and sub attack from most everyone on the team which could help with Hades and Hera.

We'll see how it goes! Doubt I will 0 stone but def. getting further then my previous 2 tries.

im pretty sure you can 0-stone it.

Jinko

So is the drop rate on Dub-Mythlits really bad or something ?

Do they drop better in the Twinlit dungeon ?

Am I wasting my time farming these things lol :p

I got 2 more Hera earlier (making 4 extra to go along with 2 I have evolved) using 1 stone on the first, 2 on the second. I think it is Minerva who has been causing me the most grief. I've been using a Valk team (Valk/Valk, King Shynee, Echidna, Angelion, Freyja) and it has done reasonable well. My Angelion is under-leveled (comparatively) at 67 and I am wondering if switching out Freyja would help. I guess I need to work on Ltron, Venus, or my 2nd Valk.

Not sure just how many more times I am going to run the dungeon. Obviously I could probably go another 60 times and still not be guaranteed to max skill one Hera. I got a little sidetracked doing challenge missions but have only got the first three eggs so far.

I would suggest waiting until you can reliably zero stone hera before farming her. Otherwise it will cost you upwards of 100 stones just to max skill one hera.

Jagernaut

When there is no 2x event running, the drop rates for masks and dublits is poor. If you can beat Twinlits you will get plenty of dubmythlits, I still have 6 left.

Ducarmel

Its especially crappy when x2 is off and even when its on its still a little bad. Yes your wasting your time trying to farm outside x2.

edit:beaten

J0dy77

You may want to look at TAMADRApurin again (or at least the discussion we were having about it earlier), unless you just don't want to be tempted to try to pull for one.

His active still is good for a light team but I have Thor for similar ability. I'd have to see the level 99 stats but the leader skill is a gimmick. You'll be hobbled to heal and can't see many of these being used consistently on a friend list. I'd rather run DQ Hera and I have enough basic farm teams.

Jagernaut

His active still is good for a light team but I have Thor for similar ability. I'd have to see the level 99 stats but the leader skill is a gimmick. You'll be hobbled to heal and can't see many of these being used consistently on a friend list. I'd rather run DQ Hera and I have enough basic farm teams.

TAMADRApurin
Lv 99: 4303/1053/116

Well I got my Hera but man did I ever get orb trolled hardcore during the Hera fight. I rolled through the rest of the dungeon without issue. I would get very regular health drops and would have like 10 health orbs at all time on the board.

Then comes Hera.

And no health orb drops damn near ever. The bitch of it was, I was only 200hp away from autoheal tanking every Hera hit. 200hp!!! All I needed was my angelion to be max awakened lol. So yeah, I did 4-7 combos throughout the fight but it would take 4-5 board clears to finally get some health orb drops. Was pissing me off royally.

Ended up spending 10 stones.

Well I got my Hera but man did I ever get orb trolled hardcore during the Hera fight. I rolled through the rest of the dungeon without issue. I would get very regular health drops and would have like 10 health orbs at all time on the board.

Then comes Hera.

And no health orb drops damn near ever. The bitch of it was, I was only 200hp away from autoheal tanking every Hera hit. 200hp!!! All I needed was my angelion to be max awakened lol. So yeah, I did 4-7 combos throughout the fight but it would take 4-5 board clears to finally get some health orb drops. Was pissing me off royally.

Ended up spending 10 stones.
A long while back, I posted a hypothesis that your opponent affects the rate at which you get different types of orbs. I always get very few heart orbs whenever I face any Hera variant, and I'm not even the only person who noticed this.

Top Bottom